Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you tried to like but couldn't (and vice versa, I guess)

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 10, 2016 12:53 AM
Jul 2018
Magical Warfare. It was so bad, but I tried to like it.
Jan 10, 2016 5:05 AM

Nov 2009
horitsubastudent said:
Lobke said:
Mushishi I really would like to watch or read it because so many people seem to like it but I keep getting distracted while watching.

seems like we have the same problem. I also feel this when I tried to watch natsume yuujinchou, but I still wanna try them again
also magi, both manga and anime. Idk I love arabian nights but magi wasn't for me I guess

I really enjoyed natsume yuujinchou. People say Mushishi is similar but I just can't get into the story.
Jan 10, 2016 6:50 AM

Jun 2015
Gintama, personally it seemed strange that a comic anime was so high in the rankings. However despite the slow start of the anime I discovered a great and very funny comedy.

RahXephon, I often read that it was much better than Evangelion. Frankly to me it seemed like a bad copy of Evangelion.
Jan 10, 2016 8:03 AM

Mar 2015
Lobke said:
horitsubastudent said:

seems like we have the same problem. I also feel this when I tried to watch natsume yuujinchou, but I still wanna try them again
also magi, both manga and anime. Idk I love arabian nights but magi wasn't for me I guess

I really enjoyed natsume yuujinchou. People say Mushishi is similar but I just can't get into the story.
that's because mushishi has totaly different experience with natsume yuujinchou. sure natsume yuujinchou is episodic, but they has the point to do and continuosly plot and visible character development. mushishi is totaly episodic with every case solved in an episode. it's supposed to watch slowly.

their similarity only in atmosphere and theme.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 10, 2016 8:17 AM

Jan 2014
Been trying really hard to like Gintama...
Jan 10, 2016 9:43 AM

Jun 2015
..........................................all the anime I dropped
Jan 10, 2016 1:55 PM

Jul 2008
Sword Art Online. My friends kept telling me to watch it, and I somehow forced myself to watch the first season, but just didn't like it.
Jan 10, 2016 6:51 PM
Aug 2014
Rosario + Vampire
One Punch Man
Sword Art Online
Attack on Titan
High School of the Dead
Any harem anime
Jan 10, 2016 10:47 PM

Sep 2014
I love TTGL, so going into Kill la Kill I expected more, but I can't get into it.

I also really tried to like naruto'shippuden war arc, but so far the only above average/really good episode since ep 179 to episode 336 of where I'm at, is 322.

I'm having a second thought if I wanna finish KnB's 3rd season..uhh

I also like katanagatari, but the episodes are just too, too, too!! Dialogue heavy.

I expected to hate food wars with all the hype it had around it, but I ending up finding it a pretty fun watch.
Jan 11, 2016 3:25 AM

Dec 2014
Shigeki no Kyojin
Well let's see what is good in here:
- Characters: either not developed or stupid like Eren
Actually good chars. : MIkasa: does like nothing :( ; Levi : they speak about him more then the char. actually does something; Pixis: not one good 5 minutes then like 5 replays of it....
- Story: Well the starting point would be good if we didn't find out that the titans could easiy wipe out mankind.
The actual storyline is dumb, nothing really happens, it could easily be a 12 ep. anime.

Grafics: holy cow that one hurts the most. Let's do a 4 minute 3D Man. System overdone staff. then like 5 outher 2 min long discussions with a filtered PICTURE in the background. So irritating. They made one of the most good looking fights, and then like childish drawings for long-long mintes. And not just that. This anime repeats the good scenes (thats good), but like 5-6 times......

Dishonorable mentions:
Gode Geass: I know its a good anime, but it gets sooo boring :(
Clannad: for loves sake plese skip the Fuko arc, and it's a potencial 10/10
D.Gray man: it's a really really long 24 ep. anime.
Black Lagoon: this anime has no characters outsie of like Balalaika and Dutch
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei: well if we start talking about something, then maybe we should go that line in the story. (+ most characters get like 1-1,5 episodes, WITH the help of Jesus (I mean Tatsuya).
Jan 11, 2016 3:31 AM

Apr 2013
NHK, I really tried to like it but it sucks.
Jan 11, 2016 3:39 AM

Jan 2016
DEATH NOTE.

I mean, I really like the idea of it, but I just couldn't carry on watching it, I still have 5 eps left.. (I'll finish it eventually),but something just didn't click while I was watching that anime.
and someone spoiled it too, so yeah.
Jan 11, 2016 3:42 AM
Nov 2015
Steins Gate, people told me it was only boring in the first few episodes so then I watched it up to episode 13 and was still bored to death with how little is actually happening in the show.
Jan 11, 2016 3:50 AM

Jul 2015
Have I already posted on this thread before ?

Well whatever .

Darker Than Black disappointed me greatly .One of the only reasons I sat trhough it was because I liked the first OP .You can imagine how bad it was when they changed it .

FMAB (Manga) .Maybe I shouldn't say that I tried to like this but I was heavily disappointed .

D Gray Man (Manga) .See FMAB .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jan 11, 2016 3:55 AM

Nov 2015
Yet another thread where I can bring up my hatred for Accel World. I tried, man. I tried super hard. It was just too difficult.
Jan 11, 2016 3:59 AM

May 2015
Ryothatic said:
Yet another thread where I can bring up my hatred for Accel World. I tried, man. I tried super hard. It was just too difficult.

Ugh, this 100% Fuck that fat turd of a main character. The whole show was just... boring.

Jan 11, 2016 8:17 AM

Aug 2014
Valenthius said:
refael9190 said:
I've started Code Geass 3 times now because my brother and anime-watching friends liked it, but i just can't get past the first episode. And i'm not entirely sure why.

Looks like we're in this together. Stay strong, we'll finish it someday.

I'll join this harem. It's been for some fucking years now, but I'm getting the feeling that it's just the placebo effect for me.
Jan 24, 2016 2:44 PM

May 2015
Sword art online: I made it through 14 episodes before realizing it probably wouldn't get any better in anyway....but if you like it that's fine I ain't gonna really judge.
Powerpuff girls Z: It was just too weird for me...I just found the original cartoon to be better...even though this show had pretty art...it was just really weird for me to watch/get into.
Pupa:Even though I got through it I still just couldn't learn like it because it was quite disturbing and I honestly think I'd probably like other dementia and horror anime, but this one was just not for me.
Feb 1, 2016 9:42 AM

Aug 2015
Fruits Basket (Anime)
I really tried to like it but it was so boring to the eye and Deen really messed up in the art and animation department.
Also the last 2 episodes were disturbing because all of the characters were out of character and not to mention there's sexual abuse that made me uncomfortable.

I heard the manga is better tho.
Feb 1, 2016 9:48 AM

Dec 2015
I'm not gonna say something I tried to like, I'm talking about something I thought I would hate.

Soul Eater

I was so sure it would be asinine nonsense...and it was...and yet I still liked it.
Feb 1, 2016 9:49 AM

Jan 2016
Tried to like: Beck, Samurai Champloo and Yuri Kuma Arashi

I heard great things about these shows and the last one is directed by Ikuhara(directed Mawaru Penguindrum, which I liked) so I was expecting to like it but what I got was 2 boredom simulators and a show that gets too deep in its symbolism it became un-watchable.

Tried to dislike: Free!
Well I thought this was just a show full of manservice... boy, was I wrong.
Feb 1, 2016 12:15 PM

Nov 2013
Gakkou Gurashi, more than not liking it was a disappointment, probably mostly because of the bad anime adaption..
Feb 1, 2016 1:14 PM

Oct 2012
Toradora, Angel Beats, Soul Eater and Fairy Tail.
Probably because they're very popular and many people love them so I expected a lot but they're not my cup of tea.
Feb 1, 2016 1:30 PM

Jul 2014
I tried to like Steins Gate. Many people says it starts slow but it was okay for me. The ending though... I mean everything strated so tense and dramatic and turned out to be some reversed harem with time-travaling stuff in it.

I tried to like Angel Beats, but it was so dull... I couldn't care less about those characters.

The same goes for No. 6. Boring as hell. Just couldn't find anything good in it to kept watching.
Rebel_RebelFeb 1, 2016 1:38 PM
Feb 1, 2016 2:02 PM

Dec 2015
I tried to like Sword Art Online, it has a good soundtrack, the art style and animation are both pretty appealing, but the characters go from fairly bland to downright bad in my opinion. Kirito shows about as much emotion as a brick most of the time, and most of the other characters are rather cliche', or otherwise unlikable to me.
In addition to that, the MMO elements make no sense whatsoever, I mean, the rules seem contradict them selves repeatedly. Still, its far from the worst show I've ever seen, and the first series wasn't that bad.
Feb 1, 2016 2:08 PM
Jan 2016
K-ON, Lucky Star and Bleach... I tried so hard to get into all three and just couldn't...
I also really wanted to like Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE but right now I'm only 2 episodes in and I'm already having to put it on hold to watch other things because I could feel myself struggling hard to finish.
Feb 1, 2016 2:43 PM

Mar 2013
DBS > childhood butchered
Higurashi > plotholes, shit design, edgy af
Assassination Classroom > the whole plot is ridiculous
Clannad > boring
Feb 1, 2016 3:48 PM

Jun 2012
I remember trying to like Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu. I like its funny moments, and I also like the battle scenes (especially when they actually used STRATEGY to overcome their opponents). Unfortunately, one glaring problem I had with this anime is the female characters. They like to trample on the male characters, often because of misunderstandings or whatever. I hate that thing on anime in general.

Another big contender would be Kantai Collection TV. All it did was showing everyone's ship-fu animated almost purely for fanservice, making kuso TTKs happy seeing their ship-fu in full anime form. The plot is not clear, ridiculous mood whiplash on eps03-04, terrible CGI, underutilized character development, etc.
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."

However, in Gundam, all life begins with Nu and ends with Hi-Nu. While in KanColle, all life begins with Nu and ends with Kinu.
Feb 1, 2016 4:14 PM

Aug 2012
Nymphias said:
Ryothatic said:

Ugh, this 100% Fuck that fat turd of a main character. The whole show was just... boring.

THAT! ^
The only thing that comes to my mind right now is Ping Pong. I saw a lot of good feedback from it; most people loved it so I gave it a shot. The main character's personality is something that I'd like but I just COULD NOT get into the story at all.
Feb 1, 2016 4:33 PM
Jul 2018
K-On

A nice cute show but I was disappointed. Or maybe just not into the right mood.
I thought it's about music but it's about tea breaks and I didn't like its humor.
So I willingly dropped the show on 11 episode, just not my thing I guess.
Feb 1, 2016 4:51 PM

Sep 2015
Just dropped Boogiepop Phantom halfway even if it only has 12 episodes. Never thought boredom could reach such high level.
Feb 1, 2016 5:09 PM

Apr 2014
I wrote a review about this already, but I just couldn't care less about Parasyte even though so many people loved it.
Feb 1, 2016 9:39 PM

Jan 2013
Mushishi , being an aria fan, i always see it on recommendation and also heard people say good things about it, i tried watching it.....but i just cant find it interesting at all, i cant understand why people relate it to aria despite it being so different
Feb 1, 2016 9:44 PM

Jan 2014
I tried watching the Kingdom anime but couldn't even finish the first episode. The first time I've experience hating the anime adaptation of the manga I love.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Feb 1, 2016 11:19 PM

Mar 2013
I tried to like Baccano!, Clannad, and TTGL. I honestly did. I guess the first one just isn't my cup of tea despite its acclaim.

TTGL has been spoiled for me even before I watched the show, so I guess that was a factor. As for Clannad, well, it made me cry, but I never really felt emotionally invested in it. The first season was dull and the ending is just so contrived.
Feb 2, 2016 4:11 AM

Jun 2015
I always try to like ambitious anime, for example Serial Experiments Lain or Boogiepop Phantom. I know, that the matter is good, both are about serious and important things, but the form is annoying for me, I was bored and couldn't understand anything.
"Wissen sie was? I got bored with life"
Feb 2, 2016 5:07 PM

Mar 2015
hexanort said:
Mushishi , being an aria fan, i always see it on recommendation and also heard people say good things about it, i tried watching it.....but i just cant find it interesting at all, i cant understand why people relate it to aria despite it being so different
same case like natsume yuujinchou like my post above. i found it reverse. as fans of mushishi and natsume yuujinchou, now i am stuck at aria the natural episode 17. i feel it soo dragged. but i hear good things from season 3 which is why i still not drop this yet.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 2, 2016 6:33 PM

Jun 2015
Sword Art online.

I question my life every time someone says that's their favorite anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2016 6:53 PM
Nov 2014
I tried to like one punch man but couldn't. It wasn't my thing for some reason. Even though the genres is what I really like.I'm like O.o what???

I tried to dislike diamond no ace but I couldn't it actually I wasn't easy to watching it cause I'm not to interested in sports anime but it's was good
Feb 2, 2016 7:07 PM

Aug 2013
I tried to like Monogatari series but it was really painful to sit through. Most people on my local anime community praised it for being deep, thoughtful, and sophisticated. Whereas all i could see is weird camera angles, overly lengthy dialogues, and subject matter too bizarre to really be understood.
Feb 2, 2016 8:45 PM

Mar 2014
I tried to like Clannad. I really did. But it was probably the most boring anime I have ever watched on my list. Will stay on-hold until my friend presses me to watch it again.
Feb 2, 2016 9:00 PM

Nov 2013
Hunter x Hunter.

I gave that show an earnest shot. Felt mildly positive about HE, hated ZD and HA, enjoyed YNC, had good feelings that eventually waned for GI, and absolutely hated CA. I think there's a good arc in there somewhere, but you need to cut out at least half of it and burn it. I'd even go so far as to say it only needs to be 20 episodes. The pacing problems with that arc killed anything in it that might have been good. All I felt during the sad parts was contempt for the people who told me it got better.

Didn't bother watching whatever was after CA. Had zero interest in the series at that point.
Feb 3, 2016 4:34 AM

Aug 2015
I tried to like Soul Eater... And at first I did! But they totally missed me after their first attempt to kill the "evil thing in the bag with eyes" (I totally forgot what it's called). I didn't finish it but I don't feel the need to, it just took a weird turn with all the characters and Crona who couldn't just say no to Medusa!
I also tried to like the second season of Tokyo Ghoul but I simply couldn't... The opening and the "let's just kill a lot of people for no reason" got me disappointed...
Lonely...Iam so lonely...
Feb 3, 2016 4:43 AM

Dec 2014
I have tried watching Akame Ga Kill but I don't think I will ever get around to finishing it just seems predictable and really nothing all that special that I feel like it is a chore watching it.
Although I really do want to like it cos it has all the genres of shows that I usually love watching.
Feb 3, 2016 5:31 AM

Apr 2014
TTGL.

Everyone was like "de best show evur!!" and I just couldn't.
Feb 3, 2016 10:28 AM

Oct 2015
I really wanted to like Golden Time. I really did, and for a moment I convinced myself that I did like it. I mean, it's a romance in college, freaking college, with the MC suffering an identity crisis, how could it not be interesting?
Sigh.
Ultimately, what took me out of it was how unrealistic (or uninteresting) some of the characters were and that it just didn't feel like...life.
Feb 3, 2016 10:43 AM

Dec 2015
Cowboy Bebop
I cannot understand why people even like this show.
It was on so many must-watch anime lists, so I did really give it a good chance.
Unrealistic characters, linear (and totally predictable) plot development (although I'll admit I didn't stick till the end). I don't even like the music.
Feb 3, 2016 10:45 AM

Nov 2008
I wanted so much to like Rinne because I love Rumiko Takahashi BUT IT WAS SO DAMN BORING.

*cries*

Feb 3, 2016 9:42 PM

Jul 2015
I expected a lot more from One Punch Man than I got. Granted, it had great animation and some likable characters but I just don't enjoy the MC at all. Yeah yeah we get it, you're bored and you say lots of non-badass things in the midst of dangerous battles WE GET IT. HA FUCKING HA. Also the series must get a 2nd season or it'll be awfully incomplete.

Another comedy show I never got into is Azumanga Daioh. Many of my friends adore it and think it's comedy gold, but I just find it boring. Same would probably be with Nichijou. I watched 1 episode and it seemed pretty similar to Azumanga Daioh but with more money wasted on lel epic XD scenes. Maybe it gets better in the later episodes, but I'm not too thrilled to continue watching.

I expected Ghost in the Shell (the original film) to be way more mind-blowing than it was. Maybe watching Matrix too many times has stolen its glory, or maybe it's just the kind of film that doesn't age that well.
Feb 4, 2016 2:18 AM

Mar 2015
Chiibi said:
I wanted so much to like Rinne because I love Rumiko Takahashi BUT IT WAS SO DAMN BORING.

*cries*
SAME! still, i will give a try second season. actually love the character, but the story and comedy is not really engaging.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» angry sub only users ( 1 2 3 )

Yorda_trico - Apr 15

100 by Piromysl »»
1 minute ago

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 15

96 by Smugdear »»
2 minutes ago

» Do women also enjoy Yuri?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 16

38 by Rhaelynne »»
17 minutes ago

» Have you tried to rewatch your old childhood anime shows as a more conscious anime fan?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

27 by TsutanaiFuun »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think girl on girl (yuri / GL / shoujo ai) is hot? ( 1 2 )

Bakchos - Aug 15, 2019

55 by LoveYourEyes »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.