Forum Settings
Forums

Are you the kind of person who changes your favorites list often?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 3, 2016 3:12 AM

Dec 2012
aside from 2-3 10s that are always there,the rest are just filler changed often
Jan 3, 2016 4:03 AM

Aug 2015
Never changed it, the things I have in my favorites were really memorable for me + they were also one of the first series I have watched when I became a ''hardcore'' #nolife anime watcher. ;)

Jan 3, 2016 4:16 AM

Feb 2015
No.

I kind of change my opinions on things around a bit... but favorites? No.
Jan 3, 2016 4:17 AM

Oct 2013
My TOP 4 are solid and I don't think they will change anytime soon, tho I change my 5-10 a lot.
Jan 3, 2016 4:18 AM

Feb 2015
Arse said:
My TOP 4 are solid and I don't think they will change anytime soon, tho I change my 5-10 a lot.

Yeah that sounds like what I was looking for... there are just certain experiences I've had with some anime, stuff like Ghost in the Shell or whatever, that are just too powerful and impactful to forget really.

But then when it comes to a lot of other anime I sometimes don't even remember all the details well, and someone will remind me or it'll just hit me and it's like oh yeah right, like.. right Rosario Vampire sucked, right I knew that... down you go.

Jan 3, 2016 4:18 AM

Dec 2015
Arse said:

Exactly. You'll always have those shows that stay with you, but it's not as if you feel that way about all 10 of those series. It's usually just a few.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 3, 2016 4:20 AM

Mar 2015
Nope, didn't changed it since I signed up here.

* It's just you.
Jan 3, 2016 4:24 AM

Jun 2015
Everything I rate with a 10, gets in my favorites list. And I never change ratings.

So no.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 3, 2016 4:32 AM

Oct 2012
I rarely changed my favourite anime/manga. Characters were changed more often but a few has stayed in the list since the beginning and L will always be in there no matter what.
Jan 3, 2016 4:32 AM

Dec 2012
The core 10 don't change often no, but after that they might if I see new titles I rate highly and add them.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jan 3, 2016 4:41 AM

Aug 2015
My favorite characters' list will be changed quite often, though three of them (Fate/Zero's Rider, Tales of Xillia 2's Ludger Wil Kresnik and Log Horizon's Shiroe) will be the mainstays of the list from now on (and I am not sure if I will changed that list anytime soon... maybe Your Lie In April's Kousei Arima and Kaori Miyazono though). My favorite animated series' list and my favorite manga/novels' list is just as much as it is. Any series within my favorite anime list are those that I have given 10 in 'Enjoyment' though there are some series that I can give 10s in 'Enjoyment' like On Punch Man and Welcome to NHK!.
Frankies_MonsterJan 3, 2016 4:49 AM

Jan 3, 2016 4:45 AM
May 2015
Well not that much, I don't change my list every week or month.
Jan 3, 2016 4:48 AM

Sep 2014
Nope. At this point very rarely something makes it into my favourites, although I can sometimes change a few of them, as there are about 15 anime I consider my favourites (basically 9s and 10s) while I only have 10 spots. But I try not to change these too often.

My favourite characters rotate a lot though, as I love a lot more than 10.
Jan 3, 2016 4:55 AM

Dec 2012
My favorite anime? Nah. Although now that we can favorite 10 instead of 5 I find myself often debating which ones I want to rep in those last 2-3 slots. The only favorites list that I change regularly is my characters. I'll occasionally pick out a theme (warriors, villains, athletes, etc) and pick out new characters based on that. I find it far more fun than just keeping the same fellas up there (who I still love above all), and it saves me the hassle of constantly making/updating an extended favorites list or the like.
Jan 3, 2016 5:02 AM

May 2015
It's not that I don't want to change my favorites, but it's just that I don't want to. Probably due to it being so trivial.

My favorites were put in place months ago, and they don't entirely align to the favorites I have now.

Nah, I'm just too lazy. lol.
GunismJan 3, 2016 5:03 AM
Jan 3, 2016 5:04 AM

Jun 2015
I have To many favourites to make a list
Jan 3, 2016 5:08 AM

Feb 2013
There's 3 anime in my fave list that I will never change, the rest I might deppends how i feel.

Jan 3, 2016 5:11 AM

Jul 2015
Well, based on what I've seen already, I don't change my list since my opinion of anime I've already watched rarely changes.

I do keep adding new things as I watch new anime and find new favourites and have to occasionally drop things off the list.
Jan 3, 2016 5:11 AM

May 2015
I often change the order to reflect my feelings of a show, though there the few that would never leave the list. I haven't seen Kill la Kill in a year so it rests at the bottom but if I ever get around to rewatching it, it'll probably go back up again.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jan 3, 2016 5:13 AM

Jun 2014
Not really, I just add more to it but now that it's filled up it probably wont change much unless I watch something really good that overtakes one of my favourites.
Jan 3, 2016 5:14 AM

Jun 2015
I'm always watching shows from my PTW and I did a decent job with it, since I happen to like the majority of them lately. So I might highlight something I've finished recently, but in the long run my top favorites will remain more or less the same.

Also I think the top 10 is specially small if you have to consider movies as well.
Jan 3, 2016 5:38 AM

May 2013
Not so much. Once you've seen enough Anime, your favourites are pretty much set in stone I feel, though I keep adding 10s because I keep seeing such amazing Anime come out even now :)
Jan 3, 2016 5:42 AM
Jul 2018
I do change my favorite list a lot after watching new animes. At first I liked fairy tail the most but then after watching kamisama hajimemashita, I turned out to like it more. Then I watched kuroshitsuji and natsume yuujinchou. I can't decide which one is my favorite xd
Jan 3, 2016 5:43 AM

Jun 2013
No, and most of these anime have been my favourites for years now.
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~
Jan 3, 2016 5:57 AM

Nov 2014
Not too often. My bottom 6 has changed around a few times, but my top 4 hasn't changed in awhile.
Jan 3, 2016 6:14 AM

Apr 2015
I just recently changed my favorite anime, though I think I would changes fav list yearly, if those masterpieces will ever appear again in front of my eyes.
Jan 3, 2016 6:47 AM

Sep 2015
Not too often, no. It depends whether I still consider a show to be my favourite, even after having seen dozens of series after it many months later, as well as how much I still think on it.

For example, Code Geass R2 was on the top of my favourites list for months. I took it down the other day and shuffled my favourites around a little bit; it doesn't mean that I've suddenly enjoyed that show less, but I simply don't think about it as much as I do the other series I've got on my favourites list. Rewatchability is a huge factor on whether something will remain in my favourites for a long time; if I haven't already rewatched one then I know I will do it at some point.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jan 3, 2016 6:48 AM

Jan 2011
My top 3 has never changed since I joined MAL and top 5 only changes around like once in 2 years. Top 10 do change slightly more often though.

I've seen people who changes (or changed) top 5 every season
takoroniiJan 3, 2016 6:50 AM
Jan 3, 2016 6:53 AM

Jul 2015
I always change my favorite characters list. It's just that there are so many good characters and AHSJDUEK I CANT DECIDE
Jan 3, 2016 7:02 AM

Dec 2014
Only one I change is my 5th fav character. First four are my all-time favs that will always be on the list. And I change 5th almost daily lol, it's something like my current obsession - either from anime I've just seen or from an old anime for which I've rewatched some scenes/episodes xD
Jan 3, 2016 7:33 AM

Jan 2015
I don't change favourites often, in fact despite watching more and more anime, my favourite ones keep their place as favourite.
The same happens with characters though sometimes I add some to the list.
Jan 3, 2016 7:41 AM

Aug 2015
Nope, I rarely change my favorites.
Jan 3, 2016 7:42 AM

May 2014
Yeah, I actually keep forgetting what i like.

No joke.
Jan 3, 2016 8:21 AM

Feb 2015
Not often, although there are a few weak entries, especially in my characters list, that I'll probably swap out at some point when I find a new anime with characters I care more about.
Jan 3, 2016 9:30 AM

Aug 2014
I rarely change favorites, at best I might chance it 1-2 weeks later but that's it.
Jan 3, 2016 9:31 AM

Jul 2014
Nope, its mostly stagnant ever since I created my profile.
Jan 3, 2016 9:33 AM

Nov 2013
I often change my top characters and top people but the anime and manga are hard to budge lol :))

I sometimes even "delete" some entries in the ppl and chara section and then find myself putting them again in the top 10 after a while haha :))))
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Jan 3, 2016 9:34 AM

Aug 2015
Yeah. All the time. I keep watching more and more anime, so my opinions continually change. Basically I just keep adding different harem ecchi romance titles.
Jan 3, 2016 11:42 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
I changed it when the top favorites boosted from 5 to 10. Before that, though, I hadn't touched it in about a year. I rarely change it these days too.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Jan 3, 2016 11:49 AM

Jun 2015
My top 5ish are pretty consistent but the next 5 get switched more often. Sometimes back and forth between the same few anime =P
Jan 3, 2016 3:49 PM

Apr 2014
I used to change them a lot back then when we could only chose 5 favorites. I have roughly 15 shows I like equally, that I would put on any top list without thinking twice, but nowadays since you can add more I don't feel the need to change them as often.
Jan 3, 2016 3:51 PM

Dec 2015
Halicone said:
I used to change them a lot back then when we could only chose 5 favorites. I have roughly 15 shows I like equally, that I would put on any top list without thinking twice, but nowadays since you can add more I don't feel the need to change them as often.

Yea If I had to choose I would ideally want a top 15 (since I have 15 animes I consider my favorite). I keep switching back and forth between the bottom 5 on my favs list because of this lol.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 3, 2016 3:53 PM

Jan 2015
KonaKoffee4 said:
PoeticJustice said:

just go on a photo editor, choose grids, find pics, and whamo, you are done

I'll do that! Thanks :)

bobzanny said:
No, I have only changed my favorite character list twice and that's it. Though I'm thinking about changing up my favorite anime list but there's just too many good ones out there to chose.

I don't know why people say there are no good animes. There are a lot of good animes, but I have seen just as many bad animes as good animes. Even looking at my score you can tell I have seen animes I consider pretty fucking bad lol. But there are also many animes I enjoy and I like giving them all the same amount of love (even though there are animes I enjoy more than others).

Yea I don't understand it sometimes. At least every season there's one or two anime that I really fell in love with and usually another half dozen or so that I enjoyed. I think anime fans tend to be too critical nowadays.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 3, 2016 3:54 PM

Jul 2015
CG
Utsu Musume Sayuri
Baka To Test
UBW

Those will never leave .

I can easily add more though but I don't like adding more anima to my fave's list because it makes me feel as though the list isn't anything special .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jan 3, 2016 4:01 PM

Dec 2015
bobzanny said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

I'll do that! Thanks :)

I don't know why people say there are no good animes. There are a lot of good animes, but I have seen just as many bad animes as good animes. Even looking at my score you can tell I have seen animes I consider pretty fucking bad lol. But there are also many animes I enjoy and I like giving them all the same amount of love (even though there are animes I enjoy more than others).

Yea I don't understand it sometimes. At least every season there's one or two anime that I really fell in love with and usually another half dozen or so that I enjoyed. I think anime fans tend to be too critical nowadays.

too critical? Or to edgy? lmao

But seriously, I would never write off an anime just because it is new or popular. Also, if you REALLY look at all the anime made before we were born there were just as many shitty ones as there are now lol.
There are many old and new animes I like (I will admit nothing was my favorite that came out this past year), I would be missing out on so many unquie and well written stories if I wrote them off for such farcical reasons.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 3, 2016 4:03 PM
Jul 2015
I change the order a lot because i have a severe problem making tops. I can decide so easily if I prefer some story above other when they are from diferent genres. And the most annoying part is the character list. I think I will never be happy with it.

Jan 3, 2016 4:04 PM

Jan 2015
KonaKoffee4 said:
bobzanny said:

But seriously, I would never write off an anime just because it is new or popular. Also, if you REALLY look at all the anime made before we were born there were just as many shitty ones as there are now lol.
There are many old and new animes I like (I will admit nothing was my favorite that came out this past year), I would be missing out on so many unquie and well written stories if I wrote them off for such farcical reasons.

Hmm maybe a bit of both?
But I do agree that I've probably missed out on a lot of good anime that are just "too old" for me.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 3, 2016 4:07 PM

Dec 2015
bobzanny said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

Hmm maybe a bit of both?
But I do agree that I've probably missed out on a lot of good anime that are just "too old" for me.

There are a ton of good older animes. Don't let yourself miss out on any! lol
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 3, 2016 4:29 PM

Nov 2015
I don't think my top 4 will get moved any time soon; as for the rest, I have about 15+ anime that I hold in basically the same regard, so sometimes I shuffle them. Besides, currently I watch about one cour per day on average, so I'm pretty sure I'll keep finding anime that I will love a lot.
Feb 11, 2016 9:53 AM

Mar 2011
01 - Dragon Ball, Z, GT, Kai and Super.
02 - One Piece.
03 - Yu Yu Hakusho.
04 - Inu-Yasha.
05 - Bleach.
06 - Hunter x Hunter and 2011.
07 - Fullmetal Alchemist and Brotherhood.
08 - Berserk.
09 - Hellsing Ultimate.
10 - Hajime no Ippo
11 - Great Teacher Onizuka.
12 - Rurouni Kenshin.
13 - Gintama.
14 - Fairy Tail.
15 - Overlord.
16 - Nanatsu no Taizai.
17 - One Punch Man.
18 - Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite Kaku Tatakaeri.
19 - Magi: The Labyrinth/Kingdom of Magic.
20 - Mondaiji-Tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Desu yo.

This is my top20. The top10 never changes, but the "second top10" are constantly in changes. There is always something moved down or up in the list, or removed because something better showed up.

Is this only with me, or its normal to change your favorites often?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

118 by Teirayo »»
13 seconds ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

26 by redorzo »»
4 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 7 hours ago

14 by Zarutaku »»
12 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 6 hours ago

13 by Nemo_Niemand »»
13 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

203 by Coaghim »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.