Forum Settings
Forums

Are you the kind of person who changes your favorites list often?

New
Jan 2, 2016 9:55 PM

Dec 2015
I see myself changing my favorites list all the time this past month. It's not saying I think of my old favorites as any less good (they are still in a top catergory of mine), but I have been finishing a couple of anime series each week (the perks of being on vacation) and each week I happen to at least watch one of them that is so good that I feel it deserves to be on my list.

I am not sure why I feel weird changing my favorites list and I was wondering if anyone else frequently changes their favorites list.

Edit: If something is in my top 4 or top 5 I won't switch it out unless it has met beyond my expectations.
KonaKoffeeJan 2, 2016 10:37 PM
Banner credit to @turnip
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 2, 2016 9:57 PM

May 2014
It's just hard for me to choose favorites because I used to be hardcore but now i'm a filthy casual. I'm kinda sad because Evangelion was my favorite for so long but I don't have a lot of interest in it anymore.
Jan 2, 2016 9:59 PM

Dec 2015
Noirly said:
It's just hard for me to choose favorites because I used to be hardcore but now i'm a filthy casual. I'm kinda sad because Evangelion was my favorite for so long but I don't have a lot of interest in it anymore.

I am sure the interest is still there. Maybe you saw so many times you got bored of seeing the same thing over and over? maybe?
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 2, 2016 10:01 PM

May 2015
My favorite anime not so much. Maybe once a month. My favorite manga a lot because I barely read any. LOL. And my favorite characters a change a lot too.

Apr 2015
Yeah as there are many great shows I still need to watch. I also do it just to keep fresh. As today I finished Area_88 and put it on my favs. While it is definately in my top 15 I don't know if it will stay in my top 10 after I watch a few more shows :p
Brace yourself.

Soon as LotGH 2017 comes out. The anime community is going to become so cancerous you will need to take cover and hide.

Dec 2015
Retroalwayswins said:
Noirly said:

you can add more than 5, in case you didn't know yet

I do from time to times, but I only feel weird becuase the idea of having favourites is weird to begin with
i mean you know in your mind exactly what shows you like the most right? so why change them? to show an expression of love towards a certain show or so that other people can determine who you are by the anime you like?

lol I have no idea what it is. I have more than 10 favorites (But I only have 4 animes rated a 10) and for some reason I wish I could put them all up and give them hugs and kisses just like the other ones.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 2, 2016 10:03 PM

Feb 2015
I updated my favorites list just now because of your post for the first time since joining the website.
Jan 2, 2016 10:04 PM

Dec 2015
Microknowsanime said:
I updated my favorites list just now because of your post for the first time since joining the website.

I am glad I can be an inspiration! :-D
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 2, 2016 10:04 PM

Jul 2015
Noxious_ said:
Yeah as there are many great shows I still need to watch. I also do it just to keep fresh. As today I finished Area_88 and put it on my favs. While it is definately in my top 15 I don't know if it will stay in my top 10 after I watch a few more shows :p

Great choice :3. I really need to rewatch it.
Jan 2, 2016 10:05 PM

May 2010
I change the bottom few characters on my favourite characters list quite frequently (the last two change at least once a month). The top five or six remain more or less stable, unless I come across one I find good enough to add higher (this happened last week, for the first time in several months).

I don't change any of my favourite anime as frequently though. Maybe once every few months.
Since I don't read manga nearly as often as I watch anime, my favourite manga remain unchanged for even longer.

The favourite people list was more of an afterthought, so I rarely bother with it.
Shima_XIXJan 2, 2016 10:11 PM
Jan 2, 2016 10:08 PM

Dec 2015
Shima_XIX said:
I change the bottom few characters on my favourites list quite frequently. The top five or six remain more or less stable, unless I come across one I found good enough to add higher (this happened last week, for the first time in several months).

I don't change any of my favourite anime as frequently though.
Since I don't read manga nearly as often as I watch anime, my favourite manga remain unchanged for even longer.

The favourite people list was more of an afterthought, so I rarely bother with it.

yea my top anime choices I don't change, but the rest I tend to think back and forth. And I do the same with the characters. My bottom characters I change more frequently.

Idk why I overthink it, but I can be finicky when it comes to pointless things (this is what happens when I am on vacation with nothing to do for a month...)
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 2, 2016 10:09 PM

May 2012
I am the kind of person who makes grids so everyone knows my favorites
Jan 2, 2016 10:11 PM

Dec 2015
PoeticJustice said:

I'm not talented enough to do that. I am also too lazy to learn how

=[
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 2, 2016 10:11 PM

Nov 2013
My favorite anime list is rarely touched. Only because the show has to hit be in a very special way, also quite unique.

I'm also picky as hell and rather critical most of the time.
Jan 2, 2016 10:12 PM

May 2012
KonaKoffee4 said:
PoeticJustice said:

I'm not talented enough to do that. I am also too lazy to learn how

=[

just go on a photo editor, choose grids, find pics, and whamo, you are done
Jan 2, 2016 10:14 PM

Oct 2014
Only if I find a new fave series, then I'll do some editing. Otherwise I am pretty solid on my faces list. I don't really look at it a lot anymore considering it moved spots.
Jan 2, 2016 10:16 PM

Dec 2009
I don't change my favorites list that often since its hard to favorite an anime that is enjoyable which will remain in memory. I manged to change one anime that I really liked that got added to my list recently.
Jan 2, 2016 10:19 PM

Dec 2012
Still trying to figure out my top 5-10 anime so yeah
& I change the bottom of my fave char's often every season but the top 6 are regulars
the favorite people don't change much though
Kotarou_Jan 2, 2016 10:19 PM
Jan 2, 2016 10:20 PM

Jan 2015
No, I have only changed my favorite character list twice and that's it. Though I'm thinking about changing up my favorite anime list but there's just too many good ones out there to chose.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 2, 2016 10:21 PM

Nov 2012
nope, the only time when i change my favorites is when i happen to find a new favorite series... which doesn't happen very often
Jan 2, 2016 10:23 PM

Dec 2015
PoeticJustice said:

just go on a photo editor, choose grids, find pics, and whamo, you are done

I'll do that! Thanks :)

bobzanny said:
No, I have only changed my favorite character list twice and that's it. Though I'm thinking about changing up my favorite anime list but there's just too many good ones out there to chose.

I don't know why people say there are no good animes. There are a lot of good animes, but I have seen just as many bad animes as good animes. Even looking at my score you can tell I have seen animes I consider pretty fucking bad lol. But there are also many animes I enjoy and I like giving them all the same amount of love (even though there are animes I enjoy more than others).
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 2, 2016 10:24 PM
Jun 2015
Favorite anime is rarely touched, I frequently rearrange my favorite manga and characters change from time to time unless if they're in the top 5.
Jan 2, 2016 10:25 PM

Oct 2011
Yes, I always re-evaluate shows and how much my opinion changed as the years go by.
Jan 2, 2016 10:27 PM

Apr 2015
I do minor changes ones in while since opinions and thoughts about a show can change over the years, but I barely touch my favorite list.

-Mastergold
Jan 2, 2016 10:35 PM
Dec 2011
Not especially. I could probably change 2 of them on my list, at the moment. I remember thinking the world of Clannad: After Story for almost 2 years after having finished it, but I would probably switch it out, if I were to update my list now. Same for Spice & Wolf. I enjoyed the fuck out of it, but I would probably switch it out.
Cute, not pedo.
Jan 2, 2016 10:37 PM

Oct 2014
I don't change it too often. I consider the addition of Cardcaptor Sakura to my favourites list to be relatively recent even though I completed it more than a month ago and I already had it in my favourites before I completed it. I'm watching Fullmetal Alchemist right now so that could make it into my favourites.
Jan 2, 2016 10:48 PM

Oct 2013
I don't change it often because I rarely find any 9/10 or 10/10 series. And even if I come across those series, it doesn't necessarily mean they will automatically make it in my favorite list. It has to be special to me.

One thing is for sure, is that some changes will be made this year for my anime favorite list.
Jan 2, 2016 10:48 PM

Jan 2014
Nope. They have stayed pretty much the same through out.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 2, 2016 10:52 PM

Dec 2015
not me I guess, even though I'm not a hard-bitten person
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.” -Bansky
Jan 2, 2016 10:55 PM

Jul 2014
Nope my favorite have been the same since I put them there. Probably should update my favor characters since their is none there.
Jan 2, 2016 10:55 PM

Jul 2014
Not often, but yeah i do change my favs, tho someone like L will remain in my top list even though i probably like other character more.
Jan 2, 2016 10:56 PM

Dec 2015
Gensan said:
Not often, but yeah i do change my favs, tho someone like L will remain in my top list even though i probably like other character more.

L should remain in everyone's top favorites because he is L and L is love, L is life.

L should run for president.

Vote for L!
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 2, 2016 11:00 PM
Nov 2015
My top 5 has only changed once in 2 years. I doubt an anime will captivate me like death note or code geass, or steins gate for a long time. Berserk is the only anime to exceed my expectations enough to jump to #4 in my list. The way new anime is looking though I don't see any changes to my top 5 for a long time, but many changes in my top 15-10.
Jan 2, 2016 11:05 PM

Dec 2015
I'm still pretty new to the whole anime scene, so I'm constantly coming across shows I actually like more than anything I've seen before, so I don't feel weird changing it up.
KonaKoffee4 said:
Gensan said:

L should remain in everyone's top favorites because he is L and L is love, L is life.

L should run for president.

Vote for L!

I'D SO ToTALLY VOTE :'D
ObliviousOkapiJan 2, 2016 11:07 PM
Jan 2, 2016 11:15 PM
Jul 2018
i used too when i first joined but now its pretty much permanent for the most part, don't watch a ton of stuff at the moment
Jan 2, 2016 11:18 PM
Jun 2015
Gensan said:

This for me when it comes to Illya, Break, Kano, Madotsuki, Nanami and Sachiko. They're the six characters that will not get removed from my list no matter what(Well, for Sachiko, there's a slim chance but I doubt she'll ever be taken off)
Jan 2, 2016 11:20 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Nope, very rarely.

Unless the anime is related to my favorites, It's very difficult to find anime which could become my new favorite nowadays.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 2, 2016 11:22 PM

Nov 2015
I only change my favorite characters . And even then I only change 4/10 .
Jan 2, 2016 11:24 PM

May 2015
recently food wars and osomatsu-san other than that it is the same as always

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Jan 2, 2016 11:26 PM

Dec 2015
I haven't updated it since i joined MAL. I should probably update my favorite character list since there are a few more characters I would call my favorites. But as for anime not yet. If anything I would update it to remove FMA: B. Since I love Toradora a million times more than anything else.
Jan 2, 2016 11:40 PM

Sep 2015
Never.

There is a reason I still only have 5 favorites when the system was upgraded to allow more. They are the only ones I've given a 10/10 to.

Aside from the Sonic the Hedgehog OVA.

Rarity is Best Pony!
Jan 3, 2016 12:41 AM

Mar 2014
I change my favorite anime whenever I find a new favorite, and as I've only completed 50 something anime, I still happens somewhat often. I took Kids on the Slope out because I can't really remember it or why I like it, I just remember really liking it so I'll have to rewatch it before adding it again. I took 5 cm per seconds out for the same reason until I rewatched it.

I have too many favorite characters that I can't really compare to each other, I used to change a couple of them like once or twice a month but have since given up. My favorite character list could easily include Nanami, L, Mankanshuko Mako, Gamagoori, Mikisugi, Ritsu Tainaka, Makise Kurisu, and many more but I lack the motivation or the desire to make a grid.
merryfistmasJan 3, 2016 12:46 AM
Jan 3, 2016 1:57 AM

Jul 2013
Not really. I don't think I will change many things about my favs, if anything I will add another fav anime and some mangas before having it completed.
Jan 3, 2016 2:00 AM

Jul 2014
I kinda do. As soon as I get back on a computer I'm gonna change my favorites
Jan 3, 2016 2:01 AM

Dec 2009
No, haven't changed the list for years. That's because the anime has to be really special for me to get in my favourites :D
Jan 3, 2016 2:24 AM

Jun 2015
Not really. I only put 9s and 10s on it, and I don't find many of those; I've only seen four over the past two years. Most of my other favorites are stuff I saw as a kid and have a lot of nostalgia for.
Jan 3, 2016 2:35 AM

Jul 2015
no , is really hard to find new favorites
for ex : the best this year was death parade 7/10 others was trash (just my opinion)
Jan 3, 2016 2:43 AM

Aug 2015
Yes
For anime I only keep NGE at number 1 while the others I change my other favorite anime every now and then.
All the anime that I gave a 9/10 will fill in the rest and they will be changed every now and then TBH.
Manga. Rarely changes due to me not reading much manga.
Characters. Every now and then and sometimes I can just have all girls and all boys only.
People TBA.
TakaCodeJan 3, 2016 2:47 AM
Jan 3, 2016 2:47 AM

Dec 2015
TheCodeTrigger said:
Yes
For anime I only keep NGE at number 1 while the others I change my other favorite anime every now and then.
All the anime that I gave a 9/10 will fill in the rest and they will be changed every now and then TBH.

I'm pretty much the same way. I have a few solid animes I won't change, but the rest can be up for debate.
BTW I see you liked rainbow. I'm currently on the last episode and it's better than most animes I have seen. I'm surprised I don't see more people talk about it.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 3, 2016 2:53 AM

Jul 2015
Nope. I don't even have 10 favorites yet
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is there an extension that helps you fully block someone?

APolygons2 - 1 hour ago

12 by hacker09 »»
14 minutes ago

» Which are the cutest anime girl pout scenes ? (not fan arts but real scenes)

DarkGamerA - Jul 8, 2022

20 by Lhundrup »»
27 minutes ago

» Have you ever felt so satisfied after finishing certain anime that you don't even want its sequel?

Rinrinka - Apr 12

37 by Lockensocke »»
35 minutes ago

» Hottest character from any of your Anime Favorites OR Character Favorites? (profile)

IpreferEcchi - Apr 16

20 by IpreferEcchi »»
45 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

30 by IpreferEcchi »»
48 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.