Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 30, 2015 1:42 PM

May 2014
Introduce yourselves here!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 30, 2015 1:50 PM

Jul 2015
Haha, first!

As you can see, I'm Doomcat55 - my username is a reference to Nekogasaki Natsuho from the manga Urami Koi, Koi, Urami Koi. I love reading light novels and manga, though I don't have much time for anime due to school. My favorite genres are romance, supernatural and a touch of horror. During my free time, I make anime piano covers on Youtube and study Japanese and web design.

Thats' pretty much it! Looking foward to having fun in the club
Dec 31, 2015 1:44 AM

Dec 2014
Good day lads^^

-I used to go by the name of Craftworld_MM, but I changed to this.
No real meaning to this name, I just 'spat' it out and kept it because I think it looks good.
-I mostly like reading psychological/supernatural and horror manga, with some romance on the side when I finish some really mentally 'exhausting' manga to cheer myself up.
-I don't really read LN's but I've read the OreGairu series and plan to read the Monogatari novels, since the Monogatari series contain some of my favorite anime so I thought I'd do it justice and read the source material.
-I fell behind on my schedule for anime/manga and hope to get back into it.

Nice to meet you all and I hope that we'll get along.
Dec 31, 2015 1:49 AM

May 2014
Greetings both of you. I didn't introduce myself in the first post, did I?

I like all type of reading. My favorites are dark type stories.
Favorite manga - TG and TG Re
Favorite LN - Hakomari or Fate/Zero
Favorite VN - Fate/Stay nigth
Favorite WN - Arifureta
Favorite western book - The broken Empire Series
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2015 3:14 AM

May 2015
I like to read manga
that's all you need to know

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Dec 31, 2015 2:16 PM
Feb 2015
Exdeath here. In case you're wondering my username is a joke in regards to Final Fantasy 5 which I enjoy playing. These days I don't watch anime like I used to so i'm trying to keep up with all the latest and greatest in the world of Japanese media.

My favorite genres are Psychological(Evangelion, Lain, and Higurashi) Shounen to some degree(JoJo, HunterxHunter, Hajime no Ippo) and Romance(Garden of words, Golden time,etc.)

I enjoy playing Visual Novels. My favorites being Fate/Stay Night and Saya no Uta(This one is pretty disturbing but it has a fantastic story and is very lovecraftian in some ways.)

I look forward to discussing things with all of you.
Dec 31, 2015 6:50 PM
Jul 2018
Hello. The name's Belka. I read any genre of books, as long as the story interests me. I love dramatic stories. On the manga side, I read mostly fighting shounen, SOL and shoujo ai.

Novel I'm currently reading: Five nights at Freddy's: The Silver Eyes. Very disappointing, crushed all the hype people had for it with it's bad writing and boring story.

Manga I'm currently reading: Kodomo no Jikan.
Jan 2, 2016 3:35 AM

Mar 2014
Hi. I'm Norilla, but also go by Nora.
I read a lot of manga... genre not specific.
That's about it.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Jan 7, 2016 10:38 AM

Jun 2015
Hi, I'm Tsubameko. I haven't found a way to shorten this username in a way I really like (Tsubame doesn't shorten it a lot XD), but you can give it a try if you like giving people nicknames. ^^
I really like to read, but I don't get around to it a lot lately, so I mainly joined this club in the hope of having more of a reason to take the time to pick up my plan-to-read novels and manga again.

In (western) novels, I mostly like fantasy and science-fiction, and in manga I read most things, if the story seems interesting to me.

I probably won't be around that much because university is rather stressful at the moment. I'll definitely check back here from time to time, though.
Jan 10, 2016 12:41 PM
Jul 2015
Hellllloooooooo People Of the Universe!

I am here as I love books (Obviously).
I have read so many westerns I don't really have a favourite aprt from authors, Which wou;d be:
- Terry Pratchett
- Anthony Horowitz
- Douglas Adams
- And Brandon Sanderson.

I mainly like Sci-fi and fantasy but sometimes read thrillers.
In terms of Manga I haven't read much at the moment But I am really enjoying Tokyo Ghoul as it comes out in English.
I'm also working my way through the Spice and Wolf Light Novel series as well as SAO. (With some No Game No Life on the side).
I also play a couple of VN's, Eden* and Clannad atm, But i'm going to play more at some point. (When I get enough of da moneys.)

I would recommend everything I've mentioned in this Thingy (Post is it?) So enjoy.

Your Friend,
TheDarkSide19 A.K.A. Daviez.
Jan 11, 2016 1:02 AM

Jul 2015
Ummm Hi there so I'm just introducing myself, I'm cheeseburger-kun but my username should be burger-kun but MAL said that that name already exists and by the way I like romance manga so it would help if you could recommend some. I'm not much of a light novel reader but my favorite is Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria.
Jan 12, 2016 3:04 PM

Dec 2014
Howdy! My name's Jazlyn, but some of my friends call me Lavie.

I mostly read manga, with my current favorites being Dragon Drive and Yakittate! Japan. My favorite light novel is No. 6. I don't have a particular genre I like.

I hope we can all get along well! (^-^)

Jan 12, 2016 5:09 PM

Oct 2013
Not sure what all to say, I am BananaMan. I'm a rare kind of fan that will only view anime, manga, and other related content through official means (legal, so not kissanime or gogoanime or any of those). I also prefer manhwa (korean manga) over both anime and manga. It has been a long while since I watched much anime, but this season I am trying to get back into it after significantly lowering my activity in an awesome community titled Anime Amino. I enjoy every genre save for yaoi, yuri, hentai. I prefer to stay away from harems and ecchi, but if the story is interesting then I can perhaps make it through the show or comic. I usually prefer interesting characters and atmosphere to get me watching, or reading, but they are all the same in these genres. If I were to recommend an anime to everyone, it would be World Conquest Zvezda Plot. If a manga, Great Teacher Onizuka. And if a manhwa, Magician. If one out of all of these forms of art, definitely Magician, it is absolutely beautiful.

I'll leave my introduction there, check out my profile if ya want more.
Jan 15, 2016 5:10 PM

Aug 2008
Hi everyone!

There's not much to say in this introduction, because, although I've been watching anime since 2008, I never really started reading manga until now. I enjoy shoujo, psychological, seinen, and action.

As for western novels, I like romance, mystery, true crime, and horror. I'm not too picky about what book I pick up though and will read anything if it seems interesting enough.
Jan 16, 2016 3:32 AM

Dec 2014
Hullo! I'm a new member, and I enjoy reading mangas, manhwas (webtoons), western literature and visual novels! cx I hope to read a light novel soon though..
I enjoy any genres, except harem. (( reverse harem is ok ;) ))
Psychological/Thriller, Romance and Historical are my first choices though!!
I hardly update my Manga List here. It's something I have to catch up to ;-;
And I hope to make friends here~ :) so many recs tbh

"Just be friends~
All we gotta do,
Just be friends"

* majestic altair loyalty /// || card deliveries /// *
~ 2017 AC || 2017 MC ~
Feb 5, 2016 8:33 PM
Aug 2014
I'm Michelle and my favorite books are usually fantasy (Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter etc) or the classics (Dickens, Austen etc). Besides reading, I love cats, anime and British TV shows.
Feb 22, 2016 1:12 PM

Oct 2015
I'm Samuelkun - I love watching anime
- never read light novels (because I don't know where they are online)
-love manga
though I don't have much time for anime due to school
- My favorite series as of right now is Fate series
During my free time, I play classical guitar
Thats' pretty much it! Looking foward to having fun in the club.
All credit goes to AngelHana ^^

Feb 23, 2016 12:15 AM

Dec 2015
Oh welcome Samuelkun~
you play classical guitar?! I am impressed, I'm pretty sucky at anything musically related :/
hope you enjoy your time here none the less c:
AM I CUTE YET
Mar 3, 2016 11:01 AM
Jan 2016
Hi everyone!

I've just started watching/reading anime/manga about a year ago now so I'm relatively new...

Feel free to recommend me anything! :3
Mar 4, 2016 4:13 PM

Aug 2012
Hello everyone.
I'm aa-dono.
aa being my initials and dono the suffix I happen to like.

Since coming to MAL, I've gotten a lot of nicknames: Dono, Aa-chan, Aacchi, Fuwawa, doubleA. I like them all~ haha

I like to read almost anything that I could ><
I'm pretty greedy in that sense. I read even things I don't like sometimes :)

Mar 4, 2016 6:08 PM

Nov 2015
Hi everyone, my name is Filip. I watch most genres of anime
Mar 4, 2016 10:58 PM

Jan 2015
Hy there!
I read everything that I find interesting, if you have something good then recommend me :)
Mar 5, 2016 6:07 AM

Nov 2015
Hello. my name is drago. I like to read shounen, action, fantasy, supernatural manga. nice to meet you all^^
Mar 5, 2016 6:20 AM

Jul 2015
Hello I am Cool_Dude

As you can see I am new here.. I like reading light novels and currently reading Anohana LN and Oregairu LN

I am looking for Spanish to English translators for Accel World LN

Nice meeting you all ^_^
DCLXVIIMar 5, 2016 7:46 AM
Mar 5, 2016 7:42 AM

Aug 2015
Hello.
I am OtakuKvothe. As the name suggests I am a huge fan of the Kingkiller Chronicle.
I mostly read western literature, but recently got into LN and manga.
So far I've only read Hakomari and Mushoku Tensei, but plan to read a lot more.
You've done nothing but spout meaningless prattle. - Yukino Yukinoshita.
Mar 5, 2016 7:59 AM
Jul 2018
Hello I am xaos.

I am actually kinda new to LN and manga. For LN I have read hakomari which I consider to be a masterpiece, Mushoku Tensei(reading), Konosuba( one of the funniest LNs in recent times), and Oregairu.

My favourite genres are thriller,psychological and mystery. Planning to start Rokka no Yuusha soon abt which I have heard only good things till now.
Mar 5, 2016 12:13 PM

Aug 2015
Well, I'm VruTTus, vruttus, Vruttus or vruTTus, you pick which one you like the most :P.

I never read a manga or a LN in my life and not because I don't want to, it's just that I... Idk, I never read one, maybe one day :/
Although I read a few of western literature. My favourite book it's the Divine Comedy

I think this is the shittiest introduction evah :D the rest is in my profile if you want to know more
Mar 5, 2016 2:37 PM
Jan 2013
Hello, my name is Mika, or you can also call me by username Aeluriel (or Aelu/Aeru).

I've actually never read a Novel/LN yet, but the first one I plan to read is Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria. I love Visual Novels and am playing Rewrite and Grisaia atm ^w^

Much more about me in my profile, yoroshiku ne~!
Mar 6, 2016 10:52 AM

Apr 2014
Hi-hi!
As I'm new here, I'll make a quick introducing. I'm from Estonia, a small country in East-Europe and I love books. I don't read manga very often, because I don't like to do it from computer and the 'real' stuff is still rare to find in Estonia :( I have read only SAO LNs, three so far, and I'm hoping to read more. My favourite bookseries is currently Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices. Unfortunatedly, school is taking more and more of my time and I can't read as much as I'd want. Anyways, it's nice to meet you all ^^
Mar 7, 2016 9:07 AM

Jun 2015
Well Hey Mina san ^-^ i'm Nadjib Kheidri from Algeria (yoroshiku ne ) i know my name is hard to pronounce and it's weird but whatever (thug life).
Anyway, i watch a lot of anime but i barely read manga's (i'm not that much of a reader )
I Also Play games and some guitar and other stuff
Nice to meet ya all (^__^) Visit me on my profile if u wanna talk about anime or just talk xD CrayonxD
Mar 8, 2016 3:49 PM

Mar 2012
hey people, I'm mysterious person Y

Used to read manga but don't so much anymore, was a big fan of ken akamatsu.

Also used to read quite a few visual novels, haven't lately though. Muv-Luv was tops.

Same goes for actual novels, been a while. Am a big fan of Arthurian legends and epic poems, stuff like the Iliad and the epic of Gilgamesh.
naners~
Mar 11, 2016 4:52 PM
Aug 2013
Hello everyone!

I started watching anime/reading manga back in 2013.

I'm more of an anime watcher than I am a manga reader, mostly because it's already hard to find the time to sit down and relax for a few hours. I do collect volumes of series I personally enjoyed very much though.

I read western literature often too. I'm a sucker for YA novels unfortunately.

Anyways, if any of you would like to chat, just drop me a message!

Nice to meet you all :D
Mar 12, 2016 1:11 AM

Mar 2012
Seeing as how nobody else is doing this... AHEM!

Welcome new people! I hope you all enjoy your stay here and share your various experiences with literature!
naners~
Mar 12, 2016 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
Hey everyone. :)

I joined the club hoping to talk about books and such, while also getting ideas from you guys about how to improve my writing (as well as maybe getting ideas for a novel I want to write in the future). As you can tell from my signature, I am part of the MAL Rewrite Club for this very reason!

In general, I tend to like reading more than watching anime. Some of my favorite authors are William Shakespeare, Dan Brown, and Orson Scott Card.

I look forward to getting to know you all and working together possibly.
Mar 12, 2016 4:15 PM

Dec 2015
hello i'm Rekei or Joel you can call me either
i've read for most of my life but just recently got into manga
i'm sarcastic and a smartass if you can put up with those qualities feel free to add me
Mar 12, 2016 4:41 PM

Mar 2012
we are all kind of asses, welcome aboard!
naners~
Apr 18, 2016 5:23 PM
Apr 2016
Hi! I've been a member of MAL for 3 days now. This my first post on a thread.

I enjoy manga, comics, and literature in general. My favorite author is James Ellroy.
Will3316Apr 18, 2016 5:56 PM
Apr 19, 2016 9:49 PM

Feb 2016
Owlopus here, 21 from the UK, and currently in education. There's not really much to be said for myself, but when it comes to reading I'm known to enjoy everything from manga and comics through to things like the Necronomicon compilations and old medical books. The only genre that I'm not particularly fond of it romance, but that has its exceptions of course. Feel free to drop by and chat if you like, but I warn you that I'm not trying to be anti-social if it takes me a while to reply-- I'm just not very good with talking to people, but I promise I'm friendly.
Apr 26, 2016 9:02 AM

Jul 2015
Do people actually read this?

Regardless, I'm Erazmus. I'm not a regular reader of pure literature, but I really should get back into books, so I figured joining this club would help. I love me a good debate, so feel free to discuss whatever's on your mind with me.
May 8, 2016 2:26 PM

Oct 2012
Hello there.

I'm Testarossa, my nickname came from my favorite character, which is Fate from Nanoha Franchise. I read a lot, mainly light novels and visual novels, but I also read mangas (Curiously I'm lazy to read mangas, but I can read LNs and VNs without difficult) and I like to read about all kinds of mythology too.
I'm also an amateur tennis player and I like to write too.
Nice to meet everyone!
May 11, 2016 5:23 PM

Dec 2015
Yo! I'm PolishLynx. Just Lynx works fine as well. Already a college graduate. Retired football player.

I've been watching anime since being 8 years old (soon will hit 23). Though there was a rather long break in which I stopped watching at all. Updating MAL with anime watched from January 2015. Anything watched before that date is not being added there until eventual re-watch.
When it comes to anime and manga I don't really have a favourite genre. I like to give a try to anything. And somehow still managing without dropping.

I do YouTube to kill boredom. Only let's plays though. Lot's of reading during that, because of Visual Novels.

Anyway. Hope we can get along. :)
May 16, 2016 11:39 AM
Apr 2015
Hey as you can see i go by the name Danzy
Im still new to this anime/manga stuff
For the moment im only reading Shingeki no Kyojin but i plan to read many more when i get free time
The name Danzy is a combination from my real name with a couple of changes.

That pretty much what i got to say =)
Jun 6, 2016 2:28 PM
Feb 2016
I'm Ouroboros108.

I like to read manga. Currently reading Umineko and Tokyo Ghoul. Both are great.

I don't really read Light Novels nor Visuals Novels. I have been reading a lot of literature, usually non-fiction works dealing with politics.
_Sofi_Oct 2, 2016 11:54 AM

Jul 3, 2016 11:32 AM
Dec 2014
Hello . I'm Mark
I'm new in this club ^^
I like anime , manga and LN .

Please give me some good recommendations ^^
Jul 4, 2016 11:02 AM

May 2014
Welcome everyone

emeyarkey029 said:
Hello . I'm Mark
I'm new in this club ^^
I like anime , manga and LN .

Please give me some good recommendations ^^

Try asking in recommendation thread or comment section and provide more information of what type of stories are you looking for. For example: romance with/out, comedy, drama etc.
Jul 6, 2016 12:25 PM
Jun 2016
hey there
my pseudo comme from one of dragon ball first fighter
I like all the type of litterature(manga, LN, regular novel and visual novel) But i do prefer sci-fi and adventure series.
Preferites novels: Time riders, oksa pollok, Percy Jackson, cherub,georges and the unniverse secrets,Starters, maxime chamtam thriller...
Preferites Light novel: to aru majustu no index, heavy object(the only one i read thought)
Preferites manga: see my list
I like science and arts. Nice to be here
Kwowing the truth is hard but it's even harder to act accordingly and carry on the consequences of it.Like everything meaningful in life / Connaitre la verité est difficile mais le plus dure est d'agir conformément à celle-ci et d'en porter les conséquences.Comme tout ce qui à un sens dans la vie.
Jul 20, 2016 12:14 PM

Dec 2012
Hello, my name is......well just call me Otaku^^
i like all kinds of anime/manga/Novels/Drama CD's etc
i mostly get hooked up in the stories where main character is Overpowered such as Overlord series. i also like anime which are based on the gaming theme such as SAO and Log horizon and New gate.
i also occasionally watch Slice of life stuff like Ore Monogatari!,Relife, Uchuu-Kyoudai, Honey and Clover. im always searching for these new feelings which i can't feel or find in Real life that i can discover in anime or manga or Novels.
Also i like every person on earth who likes and appreciates Anime/manga/LN/WN and all :D
Jul 27, 2016 12:42 PM

Jul 2016
Hello my name is Mari.

I'm open to all genres and I love reading all types of literature (especially manga).
Sep 12, 2016 7:02 AM

Sep 2016
Well, i am new to MAL and to manga too.
Haven't really read manga but i would love to.
I mainly read psychological and serial killer novels. Love the thrill that you get when reading those.
Please drop in a few suggestions for newbie.
Thank
Oct 2, 2016 7:02 AM
Oct 2016
Hello everyone!

Um well this is my first time on this site but I am a HUGE lover of books and you can pretty much catch me with a book most of the time or whenever I'm away from watching anime. Well sorr that I'm not really good at this introduction thing...

You can call me Fiery if you wish! <3
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Web Novel database [under construction]

Sparteh - Jan 19, 2016

4 by Miraecl- »»
May 20, 2019 1:38 PM

» Original source >< Adaptation converter.

Kuma - Feb 15, 2016

3 by Mari004 »»
Apr 12, 2018 2:11 PM

» Light novel with dragon

Tasusa - Jan 11, 2018

0 by Tasusa »»
Jan 11, 2018 7:57 PM

Sticky: » [OPEN] Sparteh's card shop - [NEW] MANGA EDITION ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sparteh - Dec 30, 2015

162 by Sparteh »»
Apr 11, 2017 1:38 PM

» [CLOSED]Doomcat55's Card Shop ( 1 2 )

Doomcat55 - Feb 8, 2016

89 by Sparteh »»
Apr 11, 2017 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.