Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 29, 2016 7:34 AM

Jun 2011
Just use a password manager you dummies. It will generate a random password for you that will be strong enough for any site.
Dec 29, 2016 10:25 AM

Jul 2014
shit, might well use the RSA keychains and turn on 2FA to secure our weeb lists from the chinese/eastern europeans.
Dec 31, 2016 2:56 AM
Aug 2016
Uhm.... You could just combine two passwords? :-) I highly suggest you change it every 14th day, though. 3: Also, it's good to be strict when it's passwords. Don't use anything from a wordbook.
Jan 15, 2017 5:02 AM

Nov 2011
I just went to change my pass due to it being in a leaked/hacked database from yet another vbulletin site, and my pass was almost rainbow-table tier weak. Then I went to use the one that'll never be brute-forced in this lifetime and it's "too weak". lmao
So i literally just calculated the SHA256 of my pass and used that 32bit hash as my pass x3
Jan 21, 2017 1:23 AM

Mar 2016
It took me a random 14 letter combination of numbers and letters to finally find a password that MAL would accept. Now its harder for hackers to figure it out(not that any hacker was ever gonna target my mal account anyway), but its so complicated i have to write it on my phone which poses a bigger threat since now if someone took my phone they had my password.
Jan 26, 2017 2:19 PM

Aug 2013
People are dumb, so admins need to think for them. Long and potentially hard password is never a bad thing.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 26, 2017 3:10 PM

Apr 2016
Well my password is already long enough with enough in it to be secure, so I have no reason to complain about MALs security.
Jan 26, 2017 11:39 PM

Aug 2015
A real strong password would be minimum 16 characters, requiring a full range of alphanumeric characters and symbols. Passwords of this length are too large to be precomputed in a rainbow table, and would be nearly impossible to decrypt if strong cryptographic methods are used.
Mar 14, 2017 5:53 AM

Aug 2015
Delenai said:
I'm not quite sure, but I think this is the dumbest suggestion I saw so far (Achievement Earned).
Rly a strong password only serves your protection. And the password req. on MAL is the bare minimum that is acceptable nowdays. If your password do not meet this requirements, then you should strongly think about a pw change.

Holy shit this comment is just plain nonsense.
Mar 16, 2017 9:06 PM
Jun 2016
Insulting the intelligence of people who want an easier to remember password for a glorified Anime diary when you can keep your overly complicated password seems a bit rude.
Oct 18, 2017 9:57 PM
Oct 2017
I just wanted to add that I signed up last week and already had to reset my password, because none of the ones I use on other sites was acceptable here. Too much trouble making up an exclusive and hard to remember password for one specific site that doesn't even store relevant data.
Jan 8, 2018 6:55 PM

Nov 2012
This is ridiculous, not only should they list what the password rules are, but they shouldn't be this strict, I've never had someone break into my accounts in my entire life.

I can't stand overboard people who take their nerdness too far, I have to go to some website to create some unrememberable password and store it somewhere? What if I live with people, should I store my passswords behind passwords so they can't reach it?

Passwords you keep in you're head are perfectly fine, I follow my own formula for passwords that have nothing to do with dumb stuff like birthdays, schools, family, etc that people would even try.

MAL seems to have stricter rules than Patreon, Paypal, Amazon, Banks, and anything that uses people's money.
Jaywalker.
Feb 19, 2018 4:58 PM
Feb 2018
I just made an account and I literally read this entire thread beforehand because the passwords requirements are stupid. I used a password I will surely forget and have to change next time I log in. None of my usual passwords were good enough.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
2 hours ago

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 10:22 AM

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

3 by Jhiday »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

» Preview for "About Me" section

NubFix - Mar 24, 2022

5 by NubFix »»
Apr 16, 10:16 PM

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

4 by mur_koshka »»
Apr 16, 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.