Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 25, 2015 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Alright, I think the finale had its purpose although I still find it strange for this season.

For one, Neko is still being annoying despite her really trying to help. It was nice to see Kuro and Shiro stand side by side though. Music was good as usual, that was expected. The story felt pretty rushed in the end although I have to say that Kuro carried this finale well. Anna is also hard to dismiss with her presence so I think the show did a decent job capturing her overall role in this season.

Still a meh sequel though.
Dec 25, 2015 9:29 AM

Nov 2007
Green king convincing that the stone is what they need to survive, like Neko was the survivor. Neko said she doesn't need it. When White vs. Green starts, Red releases power. Wow, is it imagination or ex-red king really appeared, too?

The coin gave Kuro power, and he won (wow, that was too short). He led his senpai go. Gathering the power through swords to destroy the stone? Kuro caught up. Power lost and everyone's saved, even blue king. Sawashiro-san's character's slap to blue king was epic. Except for green king, though, who used the stone to survive. Grey king appeared to led them escape because he would stay with green. White king's body is borrowed, so he had to return the body to Shiro the student.

ED: "KIZUNA" by angela

Neko is officially student. And the real white king, too?! Which one is the new teacher? I'm guessing white is...
tsubasaloverDec 25, 2015 9:36 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 25, 2015 11:27 AM

Aug 2015
This sequel was so meh, but this last episode was epic. Glad to see Kuroh finally beating Yukari though the fight was short. I was going to give this a 6 but after the final episode decided to give it a 7.
Dec 25, 2015 11:55 AM

Jun 2012
First half of the second season was dead slow but this shit got epic as it progressed.
Dec 25, 2015 12:06 PM

Sep 2014
The fights in this episode were amazing, if only more fights like that happened throughout this season. Things didn't turn out how I expected- which was nice. I'm a little confused what happened to Shiro at the very end (not that he had to give his body back, but when it showed them at the school and at their apartment) but other than that, this was great.
Dec 25, 2015 12:11 PM

Dec 2014
At start I really hated the season, it was REALLY REALLY slow and it felt like each episode takes years. Those last few episodes were worth it though, better pasting and lots of amazing fight scenes.
That ending was a plot twist for me, I wasn't expecting Shiro to get his orignal body, I'm too used to him disappearing. Oops.
Dec 25, 2015 12:11 PM
Oct 2012
ok first, thank you for the last 30 seconds! i have closure!
second, wonder if we will get a third. i love the series but don't know how it would continue.
Dec 25, 2015 12:40 PM
Aug 2012
I'm done with this shit finally
Dec 25, 2015 12:45 PM

Jun 2012
think this was better than the first season, but apart from the animation nothing too exciting

5/10
Dec 25, 2015 12:57 PM

Sep 2012
Well, I love the animation at least. And some characters like Izumo. But overall, it was meh. The plot didn't flow well, and this episode was definitely rushed. Nagare ended up losing too easily, I think. And how'd the Reds get out of there without their powers? Like shit was exploding. I wasn't expecting them all to make it out safely. Whatever.

The big question is what the hell is up with Shiro at the end? Is that his original body? Did he somehow get another? How did he even come back? I can call this a plot hole, right? I don't remember any sort of explanation for this type of thing.

The Izumo/ Seri snapshot in the ED made the episode a lot better. It was cute! I love them together. Except that all of the Seri fanservice got pretty annoying.

A bit anticlimactic in my opinion, but for some reason, I rather enjoyed this show. I did like the mind fuck that was the first season more than this season though.

7/10

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Dec 25, 2015 1:40 PM

Oct 2011
ITS OVER NOOOOOOOOOO T__________T
Dec 25, 2015 1:47 PM

Jun 2014
😪 Shiro?! Why no badass fight?
Imo first season is better.
Now that magic is gone, 3rd season is impossible, right?( Tho I wanted another ending where they could keep their powers)
Animation as fantastic as alway!😍
Ending song was good too! "So they say we are the dead, so they..."🎶
Overall it was fine I will miss this show 😭
Dec 25, 2015 1:47 PM

Apr 2015
Action in this episode and ED sung by angela were great. Felt like a decent conclusion, but the concept of Shiro's on/off appearances were too short for me to even think about in the end. Overall this show was conflicting in terms of plot/execution; however the OST and art are still pretty lovely. 5.5/10
Dec 25, 2015 2:01 PM

Jul 2015
OST is so good in the K series.

Anyways, last episode was decent, and epic as fk. Shiro... lol.

First season was definitely better.
TsukyoDec 25, 2015 2:02 PM
Dec 25, 2015 2:19 PM
Aug 2013
Great end to the antagonists -_- The ending felt a little cheesy to me...
Dec 25, 2015 2:30 PM

Jan 2009
are the powers really gone? how come Neko is still alive then? i thought she was just a strain?
Dec 25, 2015 2:32 PM

Jun 2014
Kuro and Yukari's fight was shorter than I expected it to be. This finale overall felt pretty rushed, but the fights were decent. Looks like Shiro survived (he looks quite different now) and Neko got her happy ending. I don't really have much else to say, this was pretty much the same as the first season for me, damn good production values but the story felt pretty lacking and the pacing wasn't consistent, but it was still somewhat enjoyable. 6/10, same score as S1.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 25, 2015 2:46 PM
Mar 2013
um so no more powers from slates?
or is there more in light novels?
or is the anime not close adaptation?
Dec 25, 2015 2:47 PM

Aug 2013
j0x said:
are the powers really gone? how come Neko is still alive then? i thought she was just a strain?

Maybe it's because unlike the green king, the powers she gained weren't necessary to keep her alive. I'm not entirely sure..
Dec 25, 2015 2:52 PM

Jan 2013
Treatment of Neko's backstory was really damn rough. Within 30 seconds they go 'yo this happened to you. how tragic.'
Should've dedicated a whole episode to that so that we can actually feel for her and not view her as big breasted comic relief cat girl.
Main narrative theme of family and bonds were quite simplistic but fitting.
Animation throughout was quite nice and carries the series together with the soundtrack

A decent 6/10.
Dec 25, 2015 3:21 PM

Apr 2013
Decent finale but overall this was mediocre and a huge step down compared to season 1 in every aspect.
5/10
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Dec 25, 2015 4:18 PM
Nov 2012
Kind of left some questions behind, like how is shiro still kind of alive when his power faded away, i expected him to fade into a old man. I'm pretty sure his power kept his original body young.

What happened to scepter 4 they were given special rights because of the blue king , but his powers are gone. The red i guess could just chill out at the bar forever.

The best part i guess was when seri punch munakata.
Dec 25, 2015 4:20 PM

Aug 2014
Nope, nope, nope. This is ridiculously bad.

- There was SO MUCH reused footage. Really. From movie, from season 1, from previous eps of season 2. The most ridiculous was the scene with Kusanagi fighting near the beginning of the ep. That's the same footage that we saw last ep, but it's clear;y supposed to happen after the last episode. So what? Kusanagi is fighting in exactly same way in exactly same place again? Don't think so.

- The shift from Shiro talking to Nagare, about Damocles Down plan to Kuroh fighting this other guy was SO poorly done. That was simply clumsy.

- To be honest I am seriously suprised to realise to see that PV of the anime alsready showed us almost all fighting scenes in this ep. It really has to mean that even the creators realised that this anime basically has no good content, if they decided to put scenes from last ep in the freaking PV. Usually PVs show maybe 1-3 first eps, or something...

- Kuroh makes identical realisation to the one in the movie (because creators were clearly out of ideas, though the one in the movie was still better done and gets a random power-up. YAY. And Yukari gets a random power-down. Why? Because reasons. So they run in circles and Yukari is down with one cut that doesn't look serious in any way, but looks exactly like cut Yukari got in the movie. And he didn't surrender in the movie.

- Sorry, but Damocles Sword was falling clearly faster in season 1. Here it's basically levitating. Because reasons.

- Did I mention that I find Shiro's plan to destroy the slates ridiculous.

- And somehow the Damocles Sword hits the Slate not Shiro, even though it should fall directly on Shiro? Why? Because reasons. And yes, by reasons I mean plot convenience.

- Wow, Nagare has super power of talking even while he has no heart. Because... you know what. And why does he wear a dress anyway?

- Grey King's powers are extended! He is not only able to bleed out while having no wound (as shown in ep 11), but also is able to lie in a pool of blood without having's his clothes dirty. What amazing super powers he has!

- Someone please explain me how is Kuroh using his Colourless Aura (the "extending hand power") that he got from beeing Colourless King Clansman at a time after teh Slate has been destroyed? Because this is just idiotic. And no. This is clearly Clansman Aura, not Strain powers, as this was clearly established in the Universe (novels+season1). Same goes for Miss Ninja That Helped Fushimi who also uses her Green Clansman Powers. This makes NO SENSE.

- The post-credit reveal is way to obvious. They really don't need to hide his face, really. Hiding the face for so long only makes it look cheap. And just imagine: How much fun would it be if Shiro just waked up somewhere and suffocated to death? Yes, yes, I'm cruel, byt this anime really hurt my heart

- I'm totally sure Kuroh had way smaller eyes in season 1. And to be honest the size of his eyes this season is completely not consistent, changing all the time.

- Yes, I am writing this post while watching, because I can't possibly stop laughing.

- Well. That was plain s*it. But I'll give it 2/10, because art and colours are really pretty. And no, I'm not exaggerating. I actually wanted to give it 4/10 (this means "bad", which is fitting, because this season is nowhere near being "good"), even though the first 6-7 eps were content-less, but the last few ending episodes destroyed every good opinion I had left about this season. It was really, really bad. I'm glad it ended, because if the season 3 was even worse I would be out of scale to even rate it...
AraneaeJan 4, 2016 1:58 AM
Dec 25, 2015 4:34 PM

Aug 2013
Araneae said:

- Someone please explain me how is Kuroh using his Colourless Aura (the "extending hand power") that he got from beeing Colourless King Clansman at a time after teh Slate has been destroyed? Because this is just idiotic. And no. This is clearly Clansman Aura, not Strain powers, as this was clearly established in the Universe (novels+season1). Same goes for Miss Ninja That Helped Fushimi who also uses her Green Clansman Powers. This makes NO SENSE.

What Shiro said at 18:33 probably means that the power loss is gradual, not immediate. I mean, his soul didn't leave his borrowed body the instant the slates got destroyed. It took his powers some time to completely fade I guess?
Dec 25, 2015 4:44 PM

Aug 2014
F___ said:
Araneae said:

What Shiro said at 18:33 probably means that the power loss is gradual, not immediate. I mean, his soul didn't leave his borrowed body the instant the slates got destroyed. It took his powers some time to completely fade I guess?

Sorry, but Blue King lost power immediately, Green King lost power immediately after his Damocles Sword disappeared. So the Kings lost power immediately, except for Shiro, whose conscience started to disappear after some time (for drama I guess). And teh Clansmen get power from the Slate through the Kings. How is that Miss Ninja could use her power, even though the Green Power was already erased from existance and her King was dead (I know a Clansman could use power after King's death, but that was before the Slate destruction, so it's a different situation)? I dont' get the explanations. I think it was all made this way, becuase it suited the creators this way, but it doesn't hold together in a logical way.
Dec 25, 2015 4:51 PM

Nov 2014
I don't think the powers disappeared, the ninja girl was still able to use her powers and rescue Fushimi even thouugh the Slates was already destroyed.

7/10 - +1 for the soundtrack. Animation is still beautiful as ever; Really lame fights though. At the credits, there's a snapshot of Sukuna and Anna, now I'm curious about the future of these two.
mizukasaDec 25, 2015 5:09 PM
Dec 25, 2015 4:53 PM

Jun 2014
So many haters here. tbh I enjoyed season 2 more than season 1.
Absolutely amazing final episode. Probably my favorite ending of the season so far.
The animation is so gorgeous, it's sinful to watch K in anything below 1080p. One of my favorite OSTs too.

This really deserves 9/10
Dec 25, 2015 5:15 PM

May 2015
Ahhhhh. The only good things about this series are the beautiful fighting scenes and sexy hair.

That's about it. 6/10.
GunismDec 25, 2015 5:15 PM
Dec 25, 2015 5:18 PM

May 2015
shichirin said:
I don't think the powers disappeared, the ninja girl was still able to use her powers and rescue Fushimi even thouugh the Slates was already destroyed

I don't think so. Everyone who had the power of the slates lasted a little longer following the aftermath of the destruction of the slates. Including Shiro, hence his final words in the form he was in prior to the end.

My point being, that was probably the ninja girl's last time using her powers. Nothing more than that, she's not any exception.
Dec 25, 2015 5:25 PM

Nov 2014
Gunism said:
shichirin said:
I don't think the powers disappeared, the ninja girl was still able to use her powers and rescue Fushimi even thouugh the Slates was already destroyed

I don't think so. Everyone who had the power of the slates lasted a little longer following the aftermath of the destruction of the slates. Including Shiro, hence his final words in the form he was in prior to the end.

My point being, that was probably the ninja girl's last time using her powers. Nothing more than that, she's not any exception.

I see. Looks like I missed what Shiro said at 18:33.
Dec 25, 2015 5:29 PM

Oct 2015
The ONLY thing that makes me wonder if maybe they might still have their powers is the fact that when it showed Shiro at the end he was wearing a pendant that was glowing silver. Nobody knows the ramifications of the Green's releasing the slates powers like that. Also I have a somewhat farfetched theory that when Shiro's sword crashed into the slates instead of destroying each other maybe they somehow fused thus giving Shiro power over the slates much like the Gold King once had. The slates are no more but that doesn't mean their power is gone. It makes no sense to me that his old body wouldn't automatically age and die. He's still the immortal king and that should be impossible without the slates or unless something happened to change things. I'm hoping the powers still exist so we can get another season. If that's possible maybe he reset things so the Blue King will get his powers back. Yeah, it's a bit of a stretch but I can hope. I want a season 3.
Dec 25, 2015 5:52 PM

Jun 2012
snake55510 said:
um so no more powers from slates?
or is there more in light novels?
or is the anime not close adaptation?

Im wondering the same thing. The way they ended the anime makes it seem like a definite end but Im hoping for more.
Dec 25, 2015 5:53 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Kinda wanted to see Seri-chan and Kusanagi together but oh well.....Pretty good finale overall

8/10
Dec 25, 2015 6:10 PM

Mar 2008
Moral of the story is the green king shouldn't have been a power hungry asshole. If he hadn't been one everyone would have been able to keep their powers. I'm really gonna miss this anime.
Dec 25, 2015 6:14 PM

Aug 2013
vanella96 said:

The big question is what the hell is up with Shiro at the end? Is that his original body? Did he somehow get another? How did he even come back? I can call this a plot hole, right? I don't remember any sort of explanation for this type of thing

Yeah, that was really confusing. I thought the silver king obtained the power of immortality through the slates, but they no longer exist now so how did he get his old body back?
Dec 25, 2015 6:19 PM

Dec 2015
I think the best part in this episode is when Seri punched Munakata and broke his glasses.
Although I read the novel about Neko's story before, I feel that they shouldn't explain it in 5 seconds.
Also, why don't they let Yukari uses the power from his king? Maybe the reason he admitted that he lost to the battle was because Kuro's last strike is very "beautiful"? We all can expect Yukari is very strong as he didn't get any major injury and even went to help Sukuna.
I'm surprised about Anna and Sukuna's interaction in the picture at the end.
Also, Fushimi keeps his head turn away when the Blue clan is taking their picture is very funny.
Seri and Izumo went shopping together is kind of cute :3
Dec 25, 2015 7:42 PM

Aug 2012
I just love the OST man. Seriosly that musics are just enough to watch this anime.
Dec 25, 2015 8:46 PM

Feb 2010
So damn slow at start, but truthfully i enjoyed it more than season 1

7/10

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Dec 25, 2015 9:02 PM

Nov 2011
It was lame and cringy overall. Neko existence is unecessary.

Rolled eyes when Shiro start blabbering his made up science.

I hope the entire thing end with this.
Kaiser-chanDec 25, 2015 9:08 PM

Dec 25, 2015 9:13 PM
Sep 2015
why is the strong girl dude suddenly weak?i thought he was stronk.
why is shiro still alive? i thought the damocles will fall to it's king not anywhere else?
also on that note, why is shiro's damocles down so fast while munakata is.... several episodes long?
why is munakata still alive anyways? that dude is defying too much logic here.
why are there too many plot holes? these guys are making sponge look great.

5/10 i enjoyed the reusedanimation, and the music. the writing is meh. the fight scenes were awesome too.

neko is still being a royal annoyance.
derpKunDec 25, 2015 10:09 PM
Dec 25, 2015 9:24 PM

Jul 2014
They shouldn't have made this

First season was ok but this is trash
Dec 25, 2015 10:22 PM

Jan 2014
9 for me here. Honestly the art and animation carried this series. I felt that the art style was very unique and beyond expectations, along with the music.

Story was very slow and wasn't sure where it was going at first half of s2, but at least we get closure. If the art wasn't as good as it was, I'd give this a 7 at most.
No game no 2nd season.
Dec 25, 2015 10:37 PM

Mar 2013
I'm guessing I was the only person who had watery eyes during Neko's speech about only wanting food and people to enjoy it with because I don't know why but she really hit a soft spot for me there

9 out of 10 for the finale, I'm glad that a S3 looks impossible now because I don't wanna see 4 new Kings being introduced and 3 (Or perhaps 2, Shiro?) still alive. I really wanted Nagare to live because he's my 3rd favorite after Mikoto and Anna, RIP though

Araneae said:
F___ said:

Sorry, but Blue King lost power immediately, Green King lost power immediately after his Damocles Sword disappeared. So the Kings lost power immediately, except for Shiro, whose conscience started to disappear after some time (for drama I guess). And teh Clansmen get power from the Slate through the Kings. How is that Miss Ninja could use her power, even though the Green Power was already erased from existance and her King was dead (I know a Clansman could use power after King's death, but that was before the Slate destruction, so it's a different situation)? I dont' get the explanations. I think it was all made this way, becuase it suited the creators this way, but it doesn't hold together in a logical way.

Not quite, it was all a fade away effect. Nagare was living on the Slates power so it made sense he died quickly. Munakata's powers woldn't have faded, more like his powers went from unstable to stable to gone. As for all the clansmen I'm just going to go on a limb and say Domino effect, first Slates went then the kings power then finally the clansmens powers
Dec 25, 2015 10:59 PM
Dec 2015
Power works like this

Slates > Kings > Clansmen

so slates gone, kings have not enough power to keep all damocles swords showing, because IT NEEDS A LOT OF POWER, Nagare Dies in seconds because he has a F* network of thousands of people LEECHING HIS POWERS and HE IS ALREADY DEAD so no matter how much power he had, without the slates(the only thing keeping him alive), ITS GONE in seconds and after a couple hours i guess all clansmen powers will be gone too after depleting all kings powers, Silver king got his body back , still 9/10 i really wanted to see the blue king being killed :/ R.I.P mikoto
Dec 25, 2015 11:43 PM

Jun 2011
I really don't know how to feel. I was pretty happy to see Shiro back in his original body though, although that would certainly take some time getting used to.

Probably cause I like Shiro a lot, I feel like they downplayed his importance quite a bit in this season? Or is it just me?

Well, this season was pretty okay for me. The colours and certain OSTs please me so I'll probably be giving it 6 or 7.

Dec 25, 2015 11:59 PM

Jun 2014
Loved this finale! Shiro back in his original body will take some getting used to, but I'm ecstatic that he didn't disappear for good!

Neko being the only survivor of the Damocles Down incident needed more of an explanation, but I'm glad that we got to know why the Green King knew her.

Seeing the snapshots at the end was fun, especially the one of Kusanagi and Seri together.

Anna was awesome this season and I still love her character!

The OST was amazing as usual for this series!

Overall I gave this a 9/10! We probably won't get a Season 3, but if we ever do I would definitely watch it.
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Dec 26, 2015 1:05 AM

Aug 2011
Generous 6/10

A lot of reused animation....
Dec 26, 2015 1:20 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
TheNaturalPerm said:
Treatment of Neko's backstory was really damn rough. Within 30 seconds they go 'yo this happened to you. how tragic.'
Should've dedicated a whole episode to that so that we can actually feel for her and not view her as big breasted comic relief cat girl.

That was not very cool, considering they did make it a point of mystery when Neko's real name was first mentioned in this season. I thought maybe I could care about her a little when her backstory was revealed, but this made me back to not caring about her at all.

Despite my complaints, I think the last episode ended with a bang. Pretty cool how Shiro used the Damocles Sword drop to destroy the slates. I do wonder the same thing about how Weismann is still alive looking as he did years and years ago...but eh, I stopped questioning some things in this series a long time ago. Back to the last episode, I liked how they brought back some of S1's tracks, particularly Mikoto's theme. Felt quite nostalgic. Honestly without the awesome music to accompany the series, I probably wouldn't have continued the series. The music really made a really good contribution to the episodes and made them easier and more entertaining to watch. The family and eating around the table theme was nice, but it just wasn't done effectively and weaved into the series that well.
Dec 26, 2015 1:34 AM
May 2015
Well, I guess that the finale, and I'm guessing that Shiro is the Mr.German that Kukuri is referring to.
Dec 26, 2015 1:40 AM

Sep 2011
Liked Season 1 more tbh... Lots of reused scenes over and over in this season.

Does anyone know the OST that played @ 13:23 onward for a little bit? They played it almost all the episodes during fights and stuff but I just can't find the name.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2015

263 by bigdmf »»
Apr 2, 6:03 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

45 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:42 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

87 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 4:41 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2015

57 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 2:58 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2015

96 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.