Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 23, 2015 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about the finale.

The action was good and it and we got a decent amount of focus on most of the characters.
But again, the story writing is dense and rushed. We got some Ouka transformation though with her proving how much she has improved this season. Probably the best arc of the series for the final one.

Oh I forgot to mention, they gave Lapis some more screen time through her connection with Takeru. Fun.

Seems like he got the job done. Overall, meh show. I really wish they adapted this into a 2 cour.
Dec 23, 2015 8:42 AM

Nov 2013
Jesus Christ. This is a huge example that a shitty script or storyline can ruin everything.

For animation, It's actually done pretty well, except some scenes with CG animation.
For Soundtrack, I bet that it's his/her best work in his/her life.
and let me remind you that it was produced by a studio who also produce 3 shows in the same season, and all three of them doesn't have major production issues, which is pretty amazing. Even A-1 who has its own office still has a lot of production issues in the middle of the show.

All of all, I'll give this show 8/10 if you exclude the story part ( which is 3/10 )
GethemalotDec 24, 2015 8:53 AM
Dec 23, 2015 9:32 AM

Jan 2015
Finally!!! That's what I've been waiting for... Lapis and her "Attack".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 23, 2015 10:09 AM

Apr 2010
This episode was rushed.
I wonder which train the main characters where trying to catch.

In any case the anime ended and it seems Kiseki still need some cures but at least the got more powerful from the looks of it.
That being said i don;t want to watch an other season of this.

Otori transformed into wonder woman with a gun.
Dec 23, 2015 10:49 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
It was alright, the action was great. however, it was (still) heavily rushed.

For this episode 3/5
For this series 6/10
Dec 23, 2015 11:11 AM

Jun 2013
This anime is good. I really enjoy it. 7/10.
Dec 23, 2015 11:24 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That felt so rushed lol

7/10, better than Asterisk, worse than Rakudai.
Dec 23, 2015 11:26 AM

Mar 2014
Ehh, the ending was a bit lackluster.

But overall, it wasn't that bad of a show.
Dec 23, 2015 11:27 AM

Jan 2012
Well I'll be darned, the imouto really wasn't killed, defying my expectations afterall. Ok then, as promised, bonus points show! :D Also for Ohtori getting that powerup...which was immediately taken away by Takeru...yeah. -_- Bonus points taken back. I'm guessing she gets it back at some point though. So was that one dude on the enemy's side related to Takeru and Kiseki? Hmmmmmm......

Well this series started out pretty well I thought. I loved Ohtori for one thing. It felt like a better Kuusen Madoshi as I recall. The wheels started falling off around episode 6 during Usagi and Ikaruga's arcs. Everthing started getting rushed and became an incomprehensible mess. Plus there was that brief possession nonsense. Not even the fanservice helped! Imouto arc was a liiiiiiittle better, but still rushed and left questions. No doubt answered with the sequel we won't get! If I wanted to be nice I could see giving this a 7/10 at best....but naw. 6/10. Though I would watch season 2 if it came, but I don't see it.
Dec 23, 2015 11:35 AM
Dec 2011
Well they spun that ending into something way happier than in the novel, but I suppose they didn't want to end on a cliffhanger that would never be resolved.
Dec 23, 2015 11:36 AM

Jan 2008
Sadly this will be another one of those anime who are got interesting by the last epsiode with revealing some stuff, but probably will never get a 2nd season because of xyz reason.

Sadly.

The anime story isn't the best, but interesting for me. Animation was nice.

Sadly like some people mentioned it - it felt rushed.
Dec 23, 2015 11:46 AM

Nov 2014
He should just killed her...i mean really..but i liked this episode tough..the action was good and it was pretty intensive.
Dec 23, 2015 11:49 AM

Apr 2014
Hm...too many question and new characters keep showing up.
Takeru got yet another power up and was able to save his sister...good.
It's meh overall in my opinion...don't know if I should read the novel or not.
7/10 don't mind a second season.
Dec 23, 2015 11:50 AM

Dec 2014
This was definitely the best arc of the series but the finale was rushed though.

Overall the anime basically had arcs where Takeru saved every girl and eventually all ended up liking him, Typical Harem style I guess. Most of the arcs and especially the character development felt pretty rushed to me.
The characters change the moment Takeru says 'Let me carry half your burden' xD

Lot of things regarding the battle techniques weren't explained at all
God Hunter? Relic Eater devours soul from what I understood in the episode, Kusanagi shows no sign of this at the end.

The fights and animation were cool and the plot does seem to have a deeper feel to it now that the last episode created a mysterious tone to the world's history.

6/10, Felt like a typical harem and both the story and character development felt rushed to me.
Dec 23, 2015 11:53 AM

Feb 2014
It would've been badass if he actually killed his sister but really, what was I expecting from this show. Unlike *, I can't even really praise the animation because of all dat cg (that cg meat shit coming from imouto makes me cringe), I probably would've enjoyed this show more if the fights were better but they were pretty stiff. The music was alright but everything about this show was so rushed and unexplained. And no I don't believe "Its suppose to be rushed" as some people like to defend this show with. Why did they waste an episode (ep 9) on filler fanservice when it could've been used for the actual story.

Overall just another bad fantasy school harem with little to no redeeming qualities. 4/10.
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Dec 23, 2015 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
This series was too rushed!

Good to see Takeru lets Kiseki live!
Dec 23, 2015 12:07 PM

Dec 2014
Whoa, so Orochi is a part of the Kusanagi clan.

Finale was rushed, figures. This would've been so much better if it was 2 cours instead. Anway, time to start the LN.
Dec 23, 2015 12:08 PM

Aug 2015
A bit disappointing finale...
"Good guys" turn out to be bad cliche, not much fighting action ect.
At least the blonde sadist died...(please tell me that he is dead)
Dec 23, 2015 12:26 PM

Feb 2015
mediocre and to a mediocre series. It was horribly rushed in places and random bits of fan service didn't save this show. Probably the worst show of the season for me, couldn't care less about a second series and I doubt it will get one. Cavalry was much much better than this.

5/10
Dec 23, 2015 12:32 PM

Sep 2013
Good thing he didn't kill his sister, only edgy losers would think that's good writing.

Lupiz was awesome, you can have my soul too <3

7.5/10, rushed, but it was enjoyable.

Dec 23, 2015 12:39 PM

Jan 2015
Shitty anime original ending goes hand in hand with shitty anime adaptation.

The overbearing amount of CG in this episode alone dropped this series down in score.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Dec 23, 2015 12:54 PM

Jan 2011
I like everything going on in this world but you are left with a patchy, incomplete feeling regarding the events witnessed. It's obvious that things are missing. I'll prob read the novels because like I said I kind of do like what's going on.

Wish execution was a little better or was approved for more episodes. In the end this was just a promotion for the LNs. Doubt we will see more especially with an ending like that.

6 or 7 out of 10
Dec 23, 2015 1:04 PM

Jul 2009
A lot of things rushed and even more things seems to be missing during the entire series and by doing this they left this series with a lot of plot holes.

Meh ending as well.

4.9/10
Dec 23, 2015 1:11 PM

Feb 2015
yeah, i felt it was rushed too. but for some reason i enjoy this anime so much.
i like takeru's god hunter mode in this episode, and Ootori armor too. the fight still meh. i think if they planning to make another season, they need to make and improvement on the action scene. still it was too rushed, they need to do something about that too if they are planning for second season. Soundtrack was amazing too me, i really like the soundtrack tbh. the characters weren't so ba, i kinda like it. well overall i still give 9/10 to this show. even though this show is too rushed, i still enjoy it :D.

sorry for bad english.
Dec 23, 2015 1:26 PM

Nov 2012
Not the best anime I have seen, but overall it was enjoyable...
The ending I guess it was a bit rushed, but I still like it
Dec 23, 2015 1:45 PM

Jul 2013
Yes an anime original ending! Hopefully this piece of shit anime adaptation doesn't get a season 2.

Takeru's God-Hunter mode was extremely lackluster. They shouldn't have even bothered to animate it when its had no foreshadowing at all and is made out to be a complete joke. Where are the azure flames that devour all magic? The design also looks horrible with that huge jet or whatever the fuck it is sticking out of his back.

Ending was anticlimactic and predictable. Everything ends well and everyone goes home happy. Completely opposite of what happened in the novel. 1/10 for me and one of the worst light novel adaptations I have ever seen. The only thing this adaptation did right was the characters voices and that's it.
Dec 23, 2015 2:04 PM

May 2010
I was expecting Kiseki to kill that blonde pychopath
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 23, 2015 2:24 PM
Sep 2015
Loved that we got more Lapis screen time. The ending wasn't really that spectacular and the show in general did little to set it apart as an anime. Which is too bad because I liked (some) of the characters, basically Lapis, Suginami and Nero, the rest were sort of meh...
Dec 23, 2015 2:43 PM
Mar 2012
In terms of adaption quality, this is one of the worst I have ever seen. Horribly rushed with lots of development and material skipped, anime original content, the rearrangement of arcs, and the insert of a filler episode adapting the side story novel when that episode could have easily been put to better use in such a rushed series.

I don't know how this anime will get a second season with that anime original ending. I pretty much watched a different series with characters sharing the same names from a novel series sharing the same title.

Props for the music though, one of the highlights for this anime.
Dec 23, 2015 2:46 PM
Mar 2013
hmm bad to many nonsense in the end, why woudl takeru say "while i'm still sane" and he doesn't seem different at all..lol at least show some changes even if this thing happnes slowly.
I was going to rate it 7 but now its a 5.
Dec 23, 2015 2:49 PM

Sep 2015
mediocre end for a mediocre show. nothing special

but the power suits....who thought those would be cool

Dec 23, 2015 3:04 PM

May 2015
Well, so it ends.
3/10 for the TV series.

A failure of an adaptation...

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Dec 23, 2015 3:08 PM

May 2015
Finale felt rushed too. Show had pacing issues and felt rushed as heck most of the time. Gotta love the music in this show though. In the end, I still enjoyed it somehow. I would probably watch a second season, if there would be one. 7/10.

Dec 23, 2015 3:48 PM

Jan 2014
This is the first harem anime, where the MC solves his dilemma by kissing his soul to a ghost in a middle-school's nurse uniform, and promising her to remain celibate. Because that's what just happened right, or did I misunderstand anything?

Gal3riel said:
why woudl takeru say "while i'm still sane" and he doesn't seem different at all..lol

This.

Totally clueless myself. Anyone who's read the original material care to elaborate?
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 23, 2015 3:51 PM

Apr 2014
lol its either too rushed or too slow

just enjoying the pacing half of u guys dont understand real pacing in the first place...u just want ur generic anime pacing
Dec 23, 2015 4:38 PM

May 2015
weak punchline, whatever.. it can be rushed but this anime isn't bad anymore

6/10 overall
HiirodaDec 23, 2015 4:42 PM
Dec 23, 2015 5:34 PM
Jul 2018
Nice tone with Lapis and God Eater mode, the rest was frustrating. 4/10, Silver Link took an L on this one and it is a shame, the LN is nowhere near as bad as this would have you believe (or as happy).
Dec 23, 2015 6:34 PM

Apr 2011
Yes, it was rush. The fight against Hallelujah was so short. Good thing that bastard went down for good. And getting Kiseki back could have been a bit longer and better. I expected this with just how they rushed a lot of things. Anime adaptation can never as good the light novel, so I'll be reading that in the future.

Overall it was a entertaining series. The plot was okay and the characters are ok but likable. In the end the anime was jut a way to promote the light novel.

7/10 For the series
Dec 23, 2015 6:47 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty lame end. Animation was good and the girls were cute but the rest of the anime was so mediocre. Really fucking corny too.
Dec 23, 2015 6:56 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Way too rushed but I liked the OP/ED regardless...

Some revelation this episode:
-Kasanagi's father/ancestor
-The elf girl that was saved
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 23, 2015 7:01 PM

Sep 2013
Takeru Imouto demon form is disgusting
Dec 23, 2015 7:23 PM

Aug 2013
A great end to this anime, the battles were very good and intense, Ouka also made a contract and became a witches's hunter, another Kusanagi appeared in history, Takeru left everything to save her sister and still got a happy ending

This anime really got me excited, even showing a rapid development, the plot was certainly very good, as well the soundtrack, and showed a great development of the plot, I'm eager to start reading the LN and I want to see in the future a second season of the anime ..
Dec 23, 2015 7:28 PM

Apr 2015
drama_menck said:
A great end to this anime, the battles were very good and intense, Ouka also made a contract and became a witches&#039;s hunter, another Kusanagi appeared in history, Takeru left everything to save her sister and still got a happy ending<br />
<br />
This anime really got me excited, even showing a rapid development, the plot was certainly very good, as well the soundtrack, and showed a great development of the plot, I&#039;m eager to start reading the LN and I want to see in the future a second season of the anime ..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"The breasts of a woman have endless possibilities!"
-Azazel
Dec 23, 2015 8:12 PM

May 2014
Enjoyed this series, was quite enjoyable. Would definitely be on board for a season 2. 8/10.
Dec 23, 2015 8:48 PM

Dec 2014
I really liked the show no down sides whatso ever
Dec 23, 2015 9:32 PM

Dec 2014
Ok, finale, i guess.

Vlad the gun sounds like Cone cone-sensei from D-Frag. XD
Dec 23, 2015 10:51 PM

Feb 2011
I'm just hoping the 2nd season doesn't air. If they are planning to keep the same pacing, I believe they'd be better off leaving things off here. It was good enough for advertisement's sake considering I was ignorant of it's existence till I watched it, but I think a 2nd season would be overkill. I don't believe any LN adaptation with this pacing should have a 2nd season. I mean, what's the point? This kind of adaptation may as well be considered a short summary of the LN, which shouldn't reach the end for a number of reasons. Sadly, all summaries have to reach the end, else it's just a preview without a narrator.

Anyhow, I feel like I only enjoyed watching this because I didn't read the LN. If I had, I probably wouldn't be watching it in the 1st place. Everyone knows the source material is the best material. I'd love to see an adaptation where that doesn't hold true. In other words, something far better than the source. Alas, it is but a dream very few can accomplish. The only example I can think of is Usagi Drop. They did well to not go too far into the source material. If only this series would do the same and end it here. I'm rambling too much. I'll also end it here.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Dec 23, 2015 11:02 PM

Jun 2014
Well it seems that the LN readers are upset about the anime original ending, but I enjoyed it!

Wish this was a 2 cour anime though because I would have liked more story and maybe we could have had more from the LN then.

Overall I liked the characters and the backgrounds of all the characters. I'm also glad that Takeru was able to save her. Wish we would have got more background on Ohtori's step-father, since it seems he is plotting something.

8/10 from me!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Dec 24, 2015 1:01 AM

Jul 2013
The show was okay, but the ending ruined everything.
3/10
Dec 24, 2015 1:11 AM

Aug 2014
All right, this anime may not have the best animation or the best plot; however it did kept me entertained and made me a little more curious about the backstory that this series offered. I could only hope that this anime receives a second season with a little more episodes than this season so it could take its time explaining the situation and extending its battles. What is most intriguing is the Battle OST that features a choir type beat which matches the battle.

Regarding the romance, it ended with an open-ended Harem with Lapis and Suginami in the lead from the other girls because of their kisses with the Main Character. Also, Takeru may not be strong nor he is weak, but he gets things done at the most crucial moments and I like that. Plus, we have that line of "Let us carry half of your burden" which is sort of like confessing. Anyways, this anime scores 7.75/10-8/10
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

85 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

83 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2015

136 by GavrocheN7 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

103 by Starimaa »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:46 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

76 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.