Forum Settings
Forums

Welp, it didn't take long....feminists already bitching about Star Wars related things...

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 23, 2015 3:37 PM

Dec 2012
I want Rey toilet paper, preferably with her in ahegao. Eat that misogyny!

This is just another aftereffect of stupid people with 1st world problems who don't want anyone to feel even slightly excluded.
Dec 24, 2015 2:13 AM

Nov 2015
Dec 25, 2015 4:48 AM

May 2009
Red_Keys said:
AO968 said:
This reeks of SJW cherry-picking, as usual. They probably visited a store or two that didn't have many, if any, Rey figurines (at least, not on display), and concluded that ALL stores don't have Rey figurines.
It would be funny if the stored didn't have them because they were already sold out.

What's even funnier is that was my first thought.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2016 9:24 PM

Jun 2008
Part 2:

http://news.yahoo.com/hasbro-had-really-lame-explanation-232300522.html?nf=1

^OMG WHERE IS REY?!?!

So....Monopoly has a new Star Wars theme out...it has two guys from the dark side (Vader and Kylo) and two guys from the Light side (Luke and Finn).

People are bitching cuz Rey's not in it.
Jan 5, 2016 10:24 PM

Apr 2014
The new Star Wars is totally SJW friendly.
Jan 5, 2016 10:29 PM
Jan 5, 2016 10:39 PM

Jan 2015
Considering Rey is the best female character in Star Wars, and one of the better female characters to come out in recent times it's just a bunch of bitching. Nothing new.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 5, 2016 11:23 PM

Jan 2014
Lol. It was pretty much guaranteed that people would make an issue out of something, so it is to be expected.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 6, 2016 1:53 AM

Feb 2015
I don't see how Hasbro can be blamed for that monopoly thing even though Rey should be there over Finn as she was the main character but all the build-up Disney tricked everyone into thinking it was Finn, and even if they were told it would of spoiled Rey being the main character.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2016 2:03 AM

Dec 2015
bobzanny said:
Considering Rey is the best female character in Star Wars, and one of the better female characters to come out in recent times it's just a bunch of bitching. Nothing new.

She is not a good character.

-Retroalwayswins
divide et impera
Feb 9, 2016 2:22 PM

Jun 2008
UPDATE!

Here we go again.....more WOMEN complaining about Star Wars Toys...

http://news.yahoo.com/definitely-nothing-funny-about-these-184218592.html

WHA....I'm OFFENDED!
Feb 11, 2016 2:24 PM

Jan 2013
They fact there are no Rey toys is stupid and the explanation Disney gave is even dumber. Not cool Disney.
Feb 11, 2016 4:23 PM

Nov 2009
megahobbit said:
They fact there are no Rey toys is stupid and the explanation Disney gave is even dumber. Not cool Disney.
There are plenty of Rey toys, in fact, the lady who wrote the article (probably) went out of her way to find a store that didn't carry them. In which case, you should be upset with the store if anything, not Disney.

Before assuming something like this (Which by the way, is something that a multi-billion company would NEVER do) you might wanna run a quick google search. If you honestly believe that the same company that made a movie to mirror the original series in order to increase sales and create a "nostalgia" feeling, would go ahead and not then try and spam children with merchandise portraying the protagonist of their new movie, I question your rationale.

This article was on the same level of stupid as that "16 girls pregnant after boy cums in the pool". Stop and think for a second before believing this stuff.
--------------------------------------------

However while we are on the topic of feminism, the movie wasn't very intersectional, I mean where was the LGBT community? And one black guy? Seriously? Only one minority. Still seemed whitewashed to me. #DisneyIsStillSexist&Racist
Feb 11, 2016 7:22 PM

Oct 2014
I wonder how long it will take until having a white male main protagonist in a movie will be considered illegal, with violation of this new law resulting in prison sentences... can't wait for it...
Feb 13, 2016 9:53 AM

Feb 2008
JustALEX said:
Spooks said:
but....why don't they have her figure or have her in any of the sets, it really doesn't make sense.

My guess is because they know that the overwhelming majority of the Star Wars fan base is male and maybe they prefer male figures?

I don't really know...but sexism is obviously not the answer.

In a capitalistic society and especially a consumerist one like the U.S....you supply the demand that people have, because the end goal is always profit.

I'm sure there ARE Rey toys...they're probably in low quantities compared to Finn...again, that's a demand/supply reason though.

If they made more Rey toys ( who happens to be a white female ), they would complain that the manufacturing companies are being racist towards black people for not making more Finn action figures, and racist towards other alien species for not producing more Chewbacca relates toys. You can never please these guys.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Feb 13, 2016 10:05 AM
Jan 2015
Ravioli_Ravioli said:
>entire movie and characters altered to appeal to sjw's
>feminists still complain
I want to die.

This you can't ever please this fagets. Always finding something to complain about.
Feb 13, 2016 1:15 PM

Mar 2012
Welcome to the free market, the only way to 'correct' this is to answer with your wallet.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.