Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Dec 26, 2015 5:04 PM

Jun 2013
So, it seems like it will be full CG based on the renders, which means it will be garbage. Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the official website says under the "comments" and "news" section? I can read only basic moon.
Dec 26, 2015 6:28 PM

May 2015
Nyyyeeeesssssssssss
Dec 28, 2015 11:50 AM

Apr 2015
It saddest me to know that this anime adaption of Berserk is going to be another CGI animation, at least I hope they get to adapt a bit more than the black swordsman arc.
Dec 29, 2015 4:06 AM

Sep 2014
As much as I love Berserk, this is going to be a pain to watch :/
Dec 29, 2015 4:17 AM

Jun 2013
Cuckold said:

Lame!

That is fucking awful. What are those retards thinking?
Dec 29, 2015 4:29 AM

Jun 2013
Cuckold said:

Lame!

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Dec 29, 2015 4:55 AM

Jul 2007
UGHHHHH....nope.
Dec 29, 2015 6:59 AM
Nov 2009
Why the CGI.... I hope for the best but I can feel it's not going to be good!
I'm going to staying with the old anime and manga <3
Dec 29, 2015 7:00 AM

Jun 2014
i'll stick to the manga, berserk deserves better than this
:3
Dec 29, 2015 7:29 AM

Oct 2013
It's not that bad guys. It doesn't seem to be in full CGI. Luckily I kept a moderate expectation, so I'm not too disappointed.
Dec 29, 2015 7:45 AM

Feb 2008
And yeah, just like expected, Berserk looks like shit. Pretty hilarious how people were waiting for this since 90s and get kicked in the nuts.
ZetaZakuDec 29, 2015 5:12 PM

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 29, 2015 7:47 AM

Mar 2015
It's almost sad how superior the old ANIMATED (2D) series is to this crappy CGI fest of the recent years.

Ad fontes, o amici Iapones!
Dec 29, 2015 8:39 AM

Nov 2011
Heh CGI...not that it's so surprising. What I'm much more curious is what format this will be as that is still unannounced.
Dec 29, 2015 8:46 AM

Sep 2013
Cuckold said:

Lame!

So it's just going to be another CGI movie, not a full remake? C'mon now, a proper adaptation could be the best anime in years.

   As if that blind rage had washed me
   clean, rid me of hope – for the first
   time, in that night alive with signs
   and stars, I opened myself to the
   gentle indifference of the world.

   The Stranger

Dec 29, 2015 10:38 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
ex_necross said:
Cuckold said:

Lame!

That is fucking awful. What are those retards thinking?

''CGI is the fuckin future you plebs''
Thats what they are thinking
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 29, 2015 10:45 AM

Dec 2013
>CGI

honestly, I should've seen this coming though
Dec 29, 2015 10:49 AM

Nov 2012
Meh it looks awfull, i expected better /: .
Dec 29, 2015 10:52 AM
Sep 2014
Jeez, this is giving me nightmares from the Kingdom anime YUCK.

Damn shame here when there's potential for so much more. CGI doesn't have to be bad, that One Piece mini movie thing in 3D I thought had pretty great CGI, but I HIGHLY doubt we're going to get anywhere close to the production values of that thing in this.
Dec 29, 2015 11:08 AM

Jun 2008
I think i'll better wait for another remake in 2040
Dec 29, 2015 11:44 AM

Mar 2015
Dizzee said:
I think i&#039;ll better wait for another remake in 2040

Maybe the manga is even finished at that point!
Dec 29, 2015 11:52 AM

Jul 2012
Can't say I'm excited when I think about how censored the TV airing will be hah..
Dec 29, 2015 12:30 PM

Feb 2015
Damn, the teaser was so CGI Shit. No one asked for CGI. Can't people just understand it?
My hopes have been destroyed. Is this gonna be a movie like they did earlier or an anime?
Either way, This is over. Horrible.
Dec 29, 2015 12:32 PM

Feb 2015
keragamming said:
It's not that bad guys. It doesn't seem to be in full CGI. Luckily I kept a moderate expectation, so I'm not too disappointed.

Oh no. Have you watched the movies they made? Just Horrible. Blunt CGI.
Dec 29, 2015 12:37 PM

Apr 2013
When reading the comments I was expecting the worse about that PV. And then "oh, that's just MAL at its finest. They see CGI in their anime so it's the end of the world".

It's fine, really.
Also
DatRandomDude said:

That's pretty much a reality anyway. CGI is the future of anime anyway.
Dec 29, 2015 5:27 PM

Jan 2012
I've watched the PV a few times and still don't know what to think of it. The backgrounds look great but CGI on characters is just eh. Ah whatever, will watch it anyway.
Dec 29, 2015 5:36 PM
Mar 2013
This remarkable story finally gets another animated instalment.
Dec 29, 2015 5:36 PM
Sep 2014
Nyaanpasu said:
I've watched the PV a few times and still don't know what to think of it. The backgrounds look great but CGI on characters is just eh. Ah whatever, will watch it anyway.

It isn't just the characters that look funky as hell, it's the animation overall that look like garbage. It looks so unnatural and robotic, and for a series that has so much movement and action sequences, having this super awkward animation really kills the whole experience.
Dec 29, 2015 5:42 PM

Oct 2010
I can see it now, the return of horrible Kingdom like CG with just a better animation.

And oh it appears to be a sequel of the movies.
Dec 29, 2015 7:26 PM

Dec 2015
I loved Berserk's story, but I hated how it "ended". I hope this new adaptation is more complete. Looking forward to it!
Dec 29, 2015 9:41 PM

Oct 2013
XeonBreaker said:
keragamming said:

Oh no. Have you watched the movies they made? Just Horrible. Blunt CGI.

No I haven't. But come on it's atleast watachable.
Dec 29, 2015 9:58 PM

Dec 2015
Hope it will be good. I really want to start the manga though the whole uncertainty about its ending has me worried.
Dec 29, 2015 10:15 PM

Apr 2013
I was so hyped about it.... But that CGI turned me down. There's still that last hope, but everything is pointing to a shitty animation. What in the world has ever made them think that CGI is good?
Dec 29, 2015 11:07 PM

May 2015
I was hoping this would have more hand-drawn animation and less CGI, this looks more choppy than the first two Golden Age Arc movies. Maybe they will iron out the kinks between now and release. I thought the third movie struck a nice balance between hand-drawn and CG.
Dec 30, 2015 1:16 AM
Dec 2015
Great news to hear that!
Dec 30, 2015 12:23 PM
Apr 2015
Let Berserk Rest in Peace.
If GutsXGriffith couldn't bring enough fujos to buy the discs then it's hopeless to go for a cheap full CGI animation and taint it's worth.
Dec 30, 2015 3:04 PM

Oct 2013
Harlequin said:
Cuckold said:

Lame!

So it's just going to be another CGI movie, not a full remake? C'mon now, a proper adaptation could be the best anime in years.

Well fuck me! Ain't that some ugly shit!!!! Looks like a fkn ps1 game. LEAST they could do was use more high quality CGI but noooo Lets go full blown cheap shit!! Well guess its time I finally read the manga coz this just disgusted me to death! FUCK YOU!
TheNoseOfDeathDec 30, 2015 3:08 PM
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Dec 30, 2015 3:55 PM

Mar 2012
daAmazinFatB0y said:
Harlequin said:

Well fuck me! Ain't that some ugly shit!!!! Looks like a fkn ps1 game. LEAST they could do was use more high quality CGI but noooo Lets go full blown cheap shit!! Well guess its time I finally read the manga coz this just disgusted me to death! FUCK YOU!

But the classic washed up look is what makes the manga more in-tone and that's what works here.

CGI here is doing great.
It's the metal music that kinda ruins it.
Hope they stick to Bleach's composer.
End Zionazism
Dec 30, 2015 4:27 PM

Feb 2015
people is getting annoyed lately....
i understand they let down your expectations..

but geez...
people if you really don't like it then don't watch it...
and even if you said you won't watch it, you'll probably watch it even if it's only skimming it...
it's not like 'the worst' thing has happened...
you should be happy we got more of berserk..
and the manga is back too(even if it's a monthly release)..

you could at least appreciated them that they're making more of this series...
it's not like you can make an animation with the level in that PV...
talking shit to something you can't even make is unacceptable..

Dec 31, 2015 12:36 AM

Sep 2011
Tobinami said:
people is getting annoyed lately....
i understand they let down your expectations..

but geez...
people if you really don't like it then don't watch it...
and even if you said you won't watch it, you'll probably watch it even if it's only skimming it...
it's not like 'the worst' thing has happened...
you should be happy we got more of berserk..
and the manga is back too(even if it's a monthly release)..

you could at least appreciated them that they're making more of this series...
it's not like you can make an animation with the level in that PV...
talking shit to something you can't even make is unacceptable..

It's more of an opportunity cost that the series has. If it gets a new anime, there likely won't be any remake of the same story arc in the next decade (hell, the only case I could think of that a show was remade from its adaptation was Fate Stay Night. And that wasn't even exactly a remake). So if this new post-Golden Age arc is completed, it'll be the last time this particular arc (which will introduce characters who were never before animated) gets adapted.

Now. If it were just another ecchi-harem manga/LN, I don't think many people would care that much. But clearly Berserk has a huge standing in the community that has read it, even if it's not as popular as mangas such as FMA or Shingeki no Kyojin. Hell, it literally is the MOST highly rated manga on this website. (http://myanimelist.net/topmanga.php)
Maybe people who have read this manga consider it the epitome of the medium. It is unique and emotionally gripping to many. The series is legendary.

So with the perspective of how highly regarded the series is, and how much of a opportunity to make something that could be amazing, both of these facts in mind, I think it's easy to see why many people are angry that the CGI show in the trailer (which should normally SELL a series) are very very low quality. They don't look like the manga, and are stuck in that "uncanny valley" for Anime that doesn't look real nor 2D. It tries to imitate the effect achieved by 2D animation and just looks like 90s promotion ads 3D instead.

With the animation that has done One Punch Man and Shingeki no Kyojin justice, I think Berserk deserves something similar considering how well written it is.

I'm really not too sure why this Anime was made if it was going to look like what was shown in the trailer, to be honest. To produce something so... inorganic, such as the action shown in the trailer, seems to be NEGATIVE promotion for Berserk.

Also, the music hints that the producers got the mood of Berserk COMPLETELY wrong. this is not suppose to be an action SLICE EM ALL series (even though at times it feels like that in the manga). What makes Berserk good is the characters. The complex emotion involved in the hero and heroine. The desires and motives of them all that may be dark. It's more subtle. Like the Conviction Arc shows, it is almost religious. I imagine a background music made by a chorus when I think about a Berserk battle scene. epic and founded by the emotions of the characters.

but this... This hyper action rock-music accompanied CGI with skeletons that look like they were from some early 2000s underbudgeted game makes me think of everything that this could have been.

CGI CAN look good. But not like this.

Zefyris said:
When reading the comments I was expecting the worse about that PV. And then "oh, that's just MAL at its finest. They see CGI in their anime so it's the end of the world".

It's fine, really.
Also
DatRandomDude said:

That's pretty much a reality anyway. CGI is the future of anime anyway.

I'm not too convinced. You might be noting the labor costs and the returns from Anime as a source of Anime's inevitability to switch to CGI, but that's not compelling to me. What seems clear to me though is that Anime's business model has to switch. Currently producing Anime is cheap, way cheaper than the 80s and 90s I would imagine since studios no longer produce 24 episode or even 40+ episode shows that seemed like they were common back then (now I could be very wrong! Please let me know.)

This seems to have enabled content producers to make ridiculous number of shows available. Most of the shows produced each season doesn't even get touched. Most Anime may have to switch to a different business model if the current mass-produced low cost shows become too expensive. I honestly don't think that the quality of cheap CGI currently will get the desired output: to get people to be enchanted by characters enough to buy the source material.

CGI models could be good. I think there as a Haruhi-look alike character that was one of the better handled CGI series'. But if they want to do it cheaply, I don't know if we're at that level yet. With Sidnonia, Berserk, and Ajin that's upcoming, all the biggest contenters' animation from CGI seems really really inferior to handdrawn shows.

There may be a resurgence for demand of HQ shows made by anime, maybe there won't be.

Honestly it's mostly peculation on my part. Please don't take it too seriously just because I spat out a lot to read on the internet.

TL DR: CGI probably won't be dominate b/c how bad cheap CGI models look right now, and anime might have to switch to produce more premium anime.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 31, 2015 4:53 AM

Oct 2013
Mikasa said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:

But the classic washed up look is what makes the manga more in-tone and that's what works here.

CGI here is doing great.
It's the metal music that kinda ruins it.
Hope they stick to Bleach's composer.

That cgi looks good to you? Its disgusting, looks like a god damn ps1 game and what were they thinking DRAWING guts's face but making everything else CGI. that makes no sense. his face is the ONLY nice looking thing there right now.

Bleach's composer? oh he did the movies right? I never liked the movies tbh. I'd rather have Susumu Hirasawa from the original anime doing the music.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Dec 31, 2015 5:27 AM

Dec 2009
Looks like it'll be a movie, just from how fancy the animation looks.

Dec 31, 2015 11:00 PM
Jun 2015
god that sound effects made my ear bleed!!
Dec 31, 2015 11:06 PM

Jan 2011
i heard CGI....and i'll close the door on the way out
Feb 21, 2016 2:12 PM
May 2012
Recent News from: http://berserk-anime.com/news/index00060000.html
Broadcast time, broadcast station have been decided!!

According wht little I understand,It will start broadcasting in July as expected..
Will I ever live to see it?
then again they might produce only 2 seasons like previous cel-shaded animes like Sidonia & Knigdom.
I hope the episodes will last 45 minutes each!
Feb 21, 2016 2:15 PM

Sep 2015
I'm really looking forward for this adaptation.
Feb 24, 2016 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
daAmazinFatB0y said:
I'd rather have Susumu Hirasawa from the original anime doing the music.

this

Berserk needs Susumu Hirasawa.
Feb 24, 2016 8:07 PM

Jan 2016
i dont think is possible that will suck more than the movies, its inconceivable lol

why someone dont do something cool like a new Genocyber instead of this? oh well.
Mar 12, 2016 1:41 AM
Mar 2016
Guts in 3D... F_ck
Mar 12, 2016 5:31 AM
Apr 2011
I liked the original. But I'm definitely going to watch this new adaptation. Frankly, I have high hopes.
Mar 12, 2016 7:27 AM
Mar 2016
This should be interesting. I'm excited to see what they do with it.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
9 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
11 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.