Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Mar 23, 2016 5:53 PM
Mar 2014
I was super excited, until I watch the PV. Oh, the CGI. It's soooo bad.
Apr 28, 2016 4:18 AM
Mar 2015
I am excited about this. but I have, is it will be finished this season of Berserk?
Apr 28, 2016 9:27 AM

Mar 2016
silent_whispers_ said:
I was super excited, until I watch the PV. Oh, the CGI. It's soooo bad.

Are you kidding? It's so much better than those awful films from 2012.

I see no Studio 4C involved, so I'm hopeful it'll be on par with the original series, or, better, the manga. The fact Miura is involved gives me hope.

The manga is one of the greatest things I've ever read, the first anime is flawed, but mostly captured the Golden Age well enough; the films were the most insulting adaptions I've ever seen.

The animation did get better, but my beef goes well past that.
Firstly, cutting 10+ volumes of manga into 3 films was a bad choice, period. Heightened by the fact that Berserk has no filler. Nothing can really be cut... BUT it is possible, with good writers.

Too bad 4C got it instead. I have never seen a 4C production with good writing. Not one, and the way they wrote Berserk was so dumbed down, backwards and nonsensical, I was so happy to see it wasn't being continued.

Anyone who's actually read the manga and appreciates how to write can see what I'm talking about, especially in the second and third films when it comes to adapting the story.

The first movie, ironically, was the only one that did it decently (only the second half, though)

That being said; follow the damn source material and it'll be fine, whoever is making it. That's all you need to. Good job deciding on a series too. Right choice.

I am sad to see that the original cast still hasn't come back. At least have Nobutoshi Canna as Guts. Play the PS2 game and afterwards see if anyone else can ever be Guts when you read the manga.

By the way, I haven't seen this uploaded anywhere:

An infinitely better teaser. It looks pretty great to me. I see bits from chapters 1, 2 and even as far as the Conviction arc.

I think you can easily fit up to said arc in 24 episodes... but finishing it? Hmm... tricky. It would be cool if they made up to where the PS2 game starts.

What I can't fathom is, how come so many shonen anime series that are endless in manga form don't abide by a set number of episodes, yet Berserk is 37+ volumes that would take a great deal of time to do correctly as anime. Why limit again to 24?
I think they can put a little more trust in it, seeing as it's one of the most highly rated mangas of all time.
CrimsonCWApr 29, 2016 12:07 PM
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Jun 10, 2016 11:59 AM

Mar 2016
Pretty sure this is new:

The line work looks a bit excessive, but I do like that I'm recognizing a lot of parts; looks like even the first two chapters were included as well. Still haven't seen any part of the Count though; so I hope that's not cut.

Did see the demonic tree Guts saves Jill from, so looks like Rosine will be included; well, hopefully, the entire part.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Jun 10, 2016 12:10 PM

Mar 2012
Fuck them if they rush or skip the children arc which they're most likely going to do
End Zionazism
Jun 10, 2016 7:18 PM
Dec 2014
imouto4oniichan said:
Let Berserk Rest in Peace.
If GutsXGriffith couldn't bring enough fujos to buy the discs then it's hopeless to go for a cheap full CGI animation and taint it's worth.

Berserk doesn't seem very popular in Japan. And yet in the West it is seen as a classic.
Jun 10, 2016 7:28 PM
Dec 2014
Helenus said:
Dizzee said:
I think i'll better wait for another remake in 2040

Maybe the manga is even finished at that point!

There will just be another boat.
Jun 22, 2016 3:42 PM

Mar 2016
Feniksrises said:
imouto4oniichan said:
Let Berserk Rest in Peace.
If GutsXGriffith couldn't bring enough fujos to buy the discs then it's hopeless to go for a cheap full CGI animation and taint it's worth.

Berserk doesn't seem very popular in Japan. And yet in the West it is seen as a classic.

Where are you getting your sources from? I doubt it would've been around for nearly 30 years if it wasn't popular in its source country.

Your comment is nonsense.

Mikasa said:
Fuck them if they rush or skip the children arc which they're most likely going to do

Remember, this is 25 episodes. Just because the teasers mostly show the Holy Iron Chain Knights, there's still tons of time to do the Lost Children and even the Count along with the early Conviction arc.

The last series was (more-or-less) enough to cover the entire Golden Age, so, volumes 1-2, 14-20, seems like a good fit for 25 episodes.
CrimsonCWJun 22, 2016 3:46 PM

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
4 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.