Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 18, 2015 9:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The way this battle felt more like a clash of mind games and psychological warfare.

Blue King taking on the Green King is a climatic moment imo this season and it was actually kinda thrilling, at least when fighting in that supernatural mist. Glad to see some of the other clan members still relevant though.

Seri still plays her role with her own motivations too.
Decent action. The studio really put a lot of budget into the cinematics.

Fun seeing the Red Clan fighting it out against the Green Clan. While the story still feels messy, this was kinda fun to watch.
Stark700Dec 18, 2015 9:38 AM
Dec 18, 2015 9:50 AM

Nov 2007
It was a plan for Mamo's character to green team by blue king beforehand?! He probably trusts his ability to be a "betrayer" that he is trusted to do this difficult mission.

Red and white teams are going to save Mamo's character now, with that spaceship. Blue team arrived to support him and help the people.

They won against gray king, but blue king is already at limit. Red and white teams arrived. FukuJun's character's the one who needs to save Mamo's character. He's been waiting for his friend to get him, so he told him to chase him. Then two combi vs. Kugimiya-san's character. Mamo's character, then led FukuJun's character go and the ninja lady helps him. OnoD's character vs. his ex-senpai to leave NamiDai's character to proceed his mission.

Finale and 26:15 next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 18, 2015 10:10 AM
Jul 2014
Flags! Flags everywhere! Shiro's been on standby for how many episodes now? He better not have just come back to look cute and break my heart(。•ˇ‸ˇ•。)If this season ends with the Kings sacrificing themselves to stop the sekiban I'm not going to follow any more gora works grrrr. Munakata and shiro please don't die 。・゚(゚⊃ω⊂゚)゚・。
Dec 18, 2015 11:58 AM

Sep 2010
I was worried for Fushimi there for a second, but then ninja lady appeared. Alright!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 18, 2015 2:03 PM

Aug 2014
Bwahahahaha, what the hell is this s*it.

Munakata got a random power up due to the power of team love, yay! Or maybe actually it's the Grey King that got a sudden power down, rather than Munakata power up. All the antagonists here look like that.

Grey King has a power to create fog, and have his blood spilled even without having any wounds, yay! Also, he's so characterless and flat. omg.

Hearing how desperate Fushimi sounded crying "Misaki!" at one time just made me laugh so hard. I know I have seriously screwed up emotionality, but c'mon, this is ridiculous. And really listening to their "deep and emotional" conversation was such a pain. Just confess your love, for god's sake, and shut up. I really don't ship them, but this was just annoying.

To be honest all "deep and emotional" dialogue in this anime is jus plainly hilarious.

The grey-haired kid get's punched by Saitama-like-animated Misaki into the ground hole that he came from, and apparently that kills/subdues him. Yay!

Shiro useless yet again! Kuroh useless again! Neko useless again! Most of Red Clan not even present! Genius.

Shiro to Kuro: "This is the first you ever insisted on". Lol. I think I watched different season 1 than creators of season 2.

Anna in next ep PV spoils the ending. But who cares, it was completely predictable anyway!

What the hell, this is sooo bad.
Dec 18, 2015 2:13 PM

Apr 2015
Decent action this episode on the King fights. Fushimi and Yata finally meet up after and beat Sukuna. Not much high hopes for next episode, but it'll be interesting to see how Shiro will do up to the end.
Dec 18, 2015 2:43 PM

Aug 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOO I DONT WANT THIS SHOW TO END T-T
Dec 18, 2015 2:44 PM

Aug 2015
Some good action in this episode. Seeing Yata saving Fushimi was nice and their little talk. Surprised the blue king took out the gray king so easily after the beat down he gave him before.
Dec 18, 2015 3:05 PM

Dec 2015
The development in this episode is so bad! With all the random "power up" in just one episode like this doesn't explain anything. The gray king's dead isn't convinced at all. Pretty sure we all can predict who gonna win the next episode.
Dec 18, 2015 3:10 PM

Jul 2008
Good episode imo but it's mostly because Yata and Fushimi finally got around to talking it out with a promise of talking more later?? Perfect. Everything else was meh, looking forward to this season finally coming to a close.
Dec 18, 2015 3:51 PM

Sep 2014
I loved this episode, so happy to see Yata and Fushimi interact.
Dec 18, 2015 9:43 PM

Oct 2011
Yata and Fushimi moments <333
Dec 18, 2015 10:16 PM
Dec 2015
What song played when yata carries fushimi while running and tlking?
smug
Dec 18, 2015 11:22 PM

Jul 2009
What the actual fuck. Why must the battle outcomes be so corny? Grey King who pwned Reisi before suddenly gets his ass kicked.

Sukuna whose supposed to be badass loses suddenly too (while one of them is injured no less) and they waste time chatting instead of trying to kill each other.

Best part though was seeing Yata and Fushimi finally stop fighting. Honestly their fighting was tedious and overdone. About time.

Although Kuro beating Yukari is also predictable I hope it happens. At the very least I wanna see Kuro's full potential now that hopefully he has some of his king's powers to use.
Dec 19, 2015 1:11 AM

Apr 2014
Kuro better remember he has some powers from his king
Dec 19, 2015 2:34 AM

Jan 2008
An episode just to please the fujoshi. I so don't care about those two it was annoying.
Next ep better focus on the Hakugin clan, they spend so much time focusing on any characters but the supposed leading character.
Dec 19, 2015 4:58 AM

Mar 2013
While all the battle between Kings (Unless Red is involved) has been pretty much a fight of ideals the Grey king's death was quiet weak

Seeing Yato and Fushimi together was bound to happen, seems they both still care for one another, surprised Douhan came for Fushimi though

A somewhat lacklister episode compared to S1 when the finale was approaching, I don't have much hope for as satisfying final episode so PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE!
Dec 19, 2015 6:52 AM
Dec 2015
yata and fushimi scene 😍😍😍
Dec 19, 2015 8:14 AM

Dec 2012
Aww Yata went after his boyfriend
Dec 19, 2015 9:17 AM

Sep 2014
Madlib said:
Some good action in this episode. Seeing Yata saving Fushimi was nice and their little talk. Surprised the blue king took out the gray king so easily after the beat down he gave him before.

^This! I could understand if before the Blues arrived, and the first time Munakata took on the Gray King, he had walked into the battle intending to lose or die, but that is not the case! He fails against him, then all of a sudden gets a power boost? Whaaa....?

But, you know, they're running out of episodes so they have to make the fight scenes fast.

Totally happy my intuition about Fushimi being a double agent was correct, but I don't like how quickly Misaki was able to just accept it and move on. Seems out of character for him.
Dec 19, 2015 9:29 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Really really liked the Munakata + Blue Clan fight as well as seeing Yata and Fushimi make up :)
Dec 19, 2015 10:39 AM

Jun 2013
awesome action
Dec 19, 2015 5:51 PM

Apr 2012
Anyone else find the fights in this episode really anti-climatic? All Munakata's win and Yata/Fushimi's win boiled down to was the freaking power of friendship.

Munakata was getting beat 6 ways to sunday, but the moment SCEPTER 4 shows up he becomes capable of repeatedly defending against the Grey Kings bullets and takes him down in a single blow. Could have been freaking awesome if only his clansman had actually DONE SOMETHING to assist his win, but no, they just showed up and stood there.

Yata and Fushimi legitimately teaming up and beating Sukuna wasn't as horribly apparent since they were in sync, but Sukuna went down way to easily, no matter how you look at it. If they'd done it right, that fight could have been an entire episode on its own.
Dec 19, 2015 6:20 PM
Jul 2015
Honestly this episode was disappointing
I wish the side manga showing Yata and Saru's backstory would've been animated so it could have showed how close they were when they weren't in clans
Seriously the Lost Small World manga gave such a great backstory with depth and for nothing from it to be included in the anime is truly a shame
So much more could've been discussed
That small convo they had practically just about talking more and being in different clans
Just saddened me
Because their friendship was way stronger in youth and much more should've been explained
Especially on Fushimi's part because Yata was his one and only friend
cosmicgirlDec 19, 2015 10:53 PM
Dec 19, 2015 6:53 PM
May 2015
I knew that Fushimi ain't a traitor.
Dec 19, 2015 9:52 PM

Jan 2009
the grey king died just like that huh but looks like the blue king will die soon too since his sword of domacles will go down

Yata and Fushimi defeated that gamer kid already too

1 last episode
Dec 20, 2015 12:16 AM
Jul 2013
cosmicgirl said:
Seriously the Lost Small World manga gave such a great backstory with depth and for nothing from it to be included in the anime is truly a shame

I'd love to see more of that too but I don't think it would have fit into the anime at this point. The most important things, such as Fushimi finally realizing where he belongs, got dealt with in this episode. That's a good start. There's obviously a lot more stuff that he and Yata need to sort out but I think that's better fit for another side story. They already said they would talk more later so there's that.
Dec 20, 2015 5:24 AM
Jan 2015
Araneae said:

Munakata got a random power up due to the power of team love, yay! Or maybe actually it's the Grey King that got a sudden power down, rather than Munakata power up. All the antagonists here look like that.

Grey King has a power to create fog, and have his blood spilled even without having any wounds, yay! Also, he's so characterless and flat. omg.

Hearing how desperate Fushimi sounded crying "Misaki!" at one time just made me laugh so hard. I know I have seriously screwed up emotionality, but c'mon, this is ridiculous. And really listening to their "deep and emotional" conversation was such a pain. Just confess your love, for god's sake, and shut up. I really don't ship them, but this was just annoying.

To be honest all "deep and emotional" dialogue in this anime is jus plainly hilarious.

The grey-haired kid get's punched by Saitama-like-animated Misaki into the ground hole that he came from, and apparently that kills/subdues him. Yay!

Shiro useless yet again! Kuroh useless again! Neko useless again! Most of Red Clan not even present! Genius.

Shiro to Kuro: "This is the first you ever insisted on". Lol. I think I watched different season 1 than creators of season 2.

Anna in next ep PV spoils the ending. But who cares, it was completely predictable anyway!

Well good to see I'm not the only one thinking that this sequel is a fucking mess.
Dec 20, 2015 10:08 AM

Sep 2015
Daaamn I enjoyed that SaruxMisaki tag team. Good thing Saru survives, I was almost afraid of his life when that green aura appeared, turned out it's that lady ninja

That gray king's death tho, looks so weak when he was introduced as this (powerful) X factor
Dec 20, 2015 10:21 AM
Feb 2015
I dunno, maybe it's just me, but the dialog between Yata and the blue king felt so forced.
Also when did the blue king got his random power up?

Arg! Was S1 just as bad?
I'm too scared as to rewatch S1
Dec 20, 2015 2:28 PM

May 2014
Was it only me or did someone else see some changes in the OP. I dunno if it were the same opening they used throughout this series, but it looked a bit different.

Anyways, nice combo fighting with Fushimi and Misaki. Finally that annoying brat is out of the picture. Damn, he were annoying. I am glad he got defeated. He were way too arrogant for his own good.
LOL, does every character Ootsuka, Houchuu get dies (first Jiraya and now the gray king). Well, at least he put up a good fight.

So now the gay dude with lip glows and the green king is left. I hope they put up a good fight.
Dec 20, 2015 4:15 PM

Aug 2014
obsucuria said:
I dunno, maybe it's just me, but the dialog between Yata and the blue king felt so forced.
Also when did the blue king got his random power up?

Arg! Was S1 just as bad?

Nah, S1 was good. S2 is bad.
Dec 20, 2015 8:03 PM

Feb 2010
Okay, Saru and Misaki teamed up is the best in this episode

otherwise just meh -again

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Dec 20, 2015 8:07 PM

Mar 2014
Gintoki just cut down Abuto? What?!

Why doesn't Kusanagi ever have a beast fight? T__T
Dec 21, 2015 12:29 AM
Dec 2013
Hope we don't get a repeat of season 1, Munakata has to live (no decapitation please)
Dec 21, 2015 12:30 AM

Dec 2012
Only got one reaction to this episode: what?

I can say that the soundtrack and BGM are quite good and I really need to get the OST when it comes out.
allo
Dec 21, 2015 3:49 AM

Mar 2013
ziggy_Z said:

Because he's the king of cool
Dec 21, 2015 12:41 PM
Feb 2013
ziggy_Z said:

he just did. and also in that party his fight was pretty cool. and I'm starting to worry about him, actually. he's guarding the last door and he's been so cool and kind to everyone so far, he promised Neko to make her a tower of pancakes and then there's Yellow tweet that asks us to pay attention to Homra members guarding each floor. gives me a bad feeling :(
it's Munakata i'm the most worried about tho Y__Y

btw, may i ask to what anime/manga does your signature belong? it sounds cool.^^

littletraveler said:
(no decapitation please)

GOD, NO. Not when Reisi's life's in danger TT___TT
homakpDec 21, 2015 1:06 PM
Dec 21, 2015 2:30 PM

May 2014
Indeed. I think they rushed things, and this is what happened. Ep 13 will decide whether this is still a 7 or a 6 for me.

Araneae said:

FateHero said:
Anyone else find the fights in this episode really anti-climatic? All Munakata's win and Yata/Fushimi's win boiled down to was the freaking power of friendship.

Munakata was getting beat 6 ways to sunday, but the moment SCEPTER 4 shows up he becomes capable of repeatedly defending against the Grey Kings bullets and takes him down in a single blow. Could have been freaking awesome if only his clansman had actually DONE SOMETHING to assist his win, but no, they just showed up and stood there.

Yata and Fushimi legitimately teaming up and beating Sukuna wasn't as horribly apparent since they were in sync, but Sukuna went down way to easily, no matter how you look at it. If they'd done it right, that fight could have been an entire episode on its own.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Dec 21, 2015 8:29 PM

Jun 2012
Looks like Shiro will actually do some fighting next episode.
Dec 22, 2015 1:16 AM

Mar 2014
homakp said:
ziggy_Z said:

he just did. and also in that party his fight was pretty cool. and I'm starting to worry about him, actually. he's guarding the last door and he's been so cool and kind to everyone so far, he promised Neko to make her a tower of pancakes and then there's Yellow tweet that asks us to pay attention to Homra members guarding each floor. gives me a bad feeling :(
it's Munakata i'm the most worried about tho Y__Y
He was just killing fodder. Even at that masquerade party, he was dealing with fodder. By beast fight I mean someone who's strong af; he's the Red King's right hand man and never gets to fight a worthy opponent.
Dec 22, 2015 1:19 AM
Nov 2014
Loved that Misaki and Fushimi mad eup in the way they did- the gray king went down really fast wow!

My only real critic is that the episode seemed a bit more rushed at times
Dec 23, 2015 8:50 AM

Jan 2014
That tsundere bromance warms my heart so much :')
Fushimi best boi 4evah <3
Dec 23, 2015 4:01 PM

Jan 2015
I always knew about Fushimi, I saw that coming :X
Dec 24, 2015 3:34 AM

Oct 2013
Well that was a decent episode for once.
Dec 26, 2015 12:23 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Inugirlz said:

Best part though was seeing Yata and Fushimi finally stop fighting. Honestly their fighting was tedious and overdone. About time.

For real, we got the situation between them in season 1 + the movie, we really don't need to be reminded every other episode that they're frenemies.

obsucuria said:

Arg! Was S1 just as bad?

Probably an unpopular opinion around here, but imo S1 was bad, just not as bad as this season :) Season 1 at the very least was more interesting because of the Colorless King as well as Mikoto. Otherwise, the storytelling and the script has always been meh.

Still can't get over the dumb directing whenever we see Fushimi throwing his knives. Stop that zooming in and zooming out.

Hopefully Mishakuji finally gets his ass kicked, it's about damn time. How many times has Kurou faced him starting from the movie Missing Kings?
Dec 26, 2015 1:27 PM

Dec 2012
The best episode of the season. Yata and Fushimi are nice teammates :). Maybe Shiro will fight for once.l
Dec 28, 2015 1:36 PM

Jan 2013
A king actually died.
Good episode with nice animation. Lot's of running, seems like most of the time they are covering too much distance when they aren't far apart to begin with.
Jan 14, 2016 7:13 PM

May 2014
tingy said:
Inugirlz said:

For real, we got the situation between them in season 1 + the movie, we really don't need to be reminded every other episode that they're frenemies.

obsucuria said:

Arg! Was S1 just as bad?

Probably an unpopular opinion around here, but imo S1 was bad, just not as bad as this season :) Season 1 at the very least was more interesting because of the Colorless King as well as Mikoto. Otherwise, the storytelling and the script has always been meh.

Still can't get over the dumb directing whenever we see Fushimi throwing his knives. Stop that zooming in and zooming out.

Hopefully Mishakuji finally gets his ass kicked, it's about damn time. How many times has Kurou faced him starting from the movie Missing Kings?

IMO, S1 was better than Missing Kings and Return of Kings.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Feb 3, 2016 6:06 PM

Apr 2013
Well then.

6/10 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2015

263 by bigdmf »»
Apr 2, 6:03 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

185 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:46 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

45 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:42 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

87 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 4:41 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2015

57 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 2:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.