Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 29, 2015 1:33 AM
Mar 2012
Ebisu GG, u did well.
GG Hiiro, u deserved it, but that was a bit sad getting abandoned. #childhoodfriendsalwayslose
Most heart warming guy-falls-on-girl scene.
Yaboku: boku for 卜, so night of divination/fixing. Wait so Yato was a fortuneteller? lol no. I'm guessing it means night assassination, or fixing bad people, like the jobs he did for Hiiro.
Thanks Bones for every cliffhanger...
Jan 2, 2016 2:02 AM
May 2012
Yaboku for the win! Hiyori <3
Let's see how this will end~
Jan 2, 2016 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
I felt it was a little too hasty execution of Ebisu, but the whole narrative that seems forced, on this event you had to "lose" a little more time, it would be a good opportunity to discuss certain topics, oh well! Let's see how the series ends.
Jan 6, 2016 4:01 AM

Sep 2014
It was fun how called 'Public execution' or like the most powerful technique got destroyed by few strikes of Yato's sword..

So Nora left in the Underworld? And that lady is alone again.. :(
Jan 8, 2016 1:34 AM

Sep 2013
Avenger-senpai said:
Something felt kinda off compared to the previous episodes. This scenario has probably just gotten dragged on for too long. That and it seems really iffy that these superior looking gods are all villainized so that they could get their asses kicked by the main cast...

Whip > Lighting dragon and Getsuga Tenshou Rend > God Nuke? -_-

it's more of
Blessed Vessels >>>>>> Lightning dragon.

you're talking about the strongest vessel(either him or Nana), he even fodderized royal shinki(name might be wrong, the ones guarding the 7lucky gods at the beginning of arc), and made their chief run in fear.
death604Jan 8, 2016 1:38 AM
Jan 17, 2016 9:27 PM

Apr 2013
Alone again. Sounds like they tried relating to the weeaboos.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jan 18, 2016 1:36 PM
Sep 2009
So how exactly did Hiyori guess that his name is Yaboku, was there some text trick?
Jan 18, 2016 2:18 PM

Feb 2015
kitten320 said:
So how exactly did Hiyori guess that his name is Yaboku, was there some text trick?

Yato = 夜ト
Yaboku = 夜卜

The "ト" (katakana, "to") and "卜" (kanji, "boku") look identical. Hiyori noticed this when thinking about the name she carved in his shrine and tried reading his name in a different way.

I guess they didn't explain it because it was obvious to Japanese viewers.
Noragami reading/watching order: http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/noragami-guide

"2016 will be the year of Sanji" - Eiichiro Oda
Jan 21, 2016 3:45 PM

May 2012
Quite interesting episode, I really do wonder how they'll end this season!
Jan 29, 2016 8:05 PM
Dec 2015
I feel sorry for Izanami..
Jan 31, 2016 3:07 PM
Sep 2009
Uve23 said:
kitten320 said:

Yato = 夜ト
Yaboku = 夜卜

The "ト" (katakana, "to") and "卜" (kanji, "boku") look identical. Hiyori noticed this when thinking about the name she carved in his shrine and tried reading his name in a different way.

I guess they didn't explain it because it was obvious to Japanese viewers.

That makes more sense now, thank you.
Feb 6, 2016 9:23 PM

Jan 2013
Yaboku huh ...
Poor Izanami, being all alone again :(

Shouldnt Ebisu be fine after the pacification, since they said it will "miss" if he was pure of heart. (Unless he really wasnt completely pure even with all the phantom recruiting he did)
Guess I'll find out in the next and final episode.
Feb 9, 2016 3:08 AM

Jun 2011
NobleGriffin said:
mira-nyan said:
It was literally 'show not tell'. She saw that Yato was super happy with the shrine she made for him and even though Yato isn't his real name, she wrote it correctly. Since Japanese is a dumb and confusing language, words can be read different ways.
Just because you don't know how Japanese language works you called it dumb? Talk about being an uncultured swine. So everything that you don't understand is dumb to you? Clearly you are the dumb one here. It's confusing because you don't study Nihongo
I thought I'd be the only one to say something! You'd think for all the fans of anime and manga somebody would step up... but a lot were probably lazy or didn't see. I'm going to assume this person is otherwise sensible and logical, but calling the language dumb just because it's intricate doesn't work. Every language can be complicated and nonsensical at times. Saying that was just rude.

Anyway, this episode was awesome. Even though neither side was truly in the wrong, the resulting action was quite enjoyable. The animation did go downhill, but that can be forgiven. I don't think Yato intentionally dropped Hiiro on the way up.. either way, she's not out of the picture. I still feel bad for Izanami. Loved the reunion of our three. Can't wait to see the finale and get started on the manga!
Mar 2, 2016 11:00 PM
Feb 2016
What does Yato's real name mean? In Episode 12 Hiyori calls Yato by his real name for the first time 'Yaboku'. Yato says that if he mentioned his real name to them then they will hate him so obviously this name has some sort of meaning.
Mar 4, 2016 1:34 PM

Feb 2015
andrewanime said:
What does Yato's real name mean? In Episode 12 Hiyori calls Yato by his real name for the first time 'Yaboku'. Yato says that if he mentioned his real name to them then they will hate him so obviously this name has some sort of meaning.

It means nothing. It was badly worded. He meant that they would hate him for what his name implied = his past and the things he did with Father and Nora/Hiiro.
Noragami reading/watching order: http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/noragami-guide

"2016 will be the year of Sanji" - Eiichiro Oda
Mar 6, 2016 5:00 AM

Dec 2010
Such a great, epic episode, on a level which alone makes me give this anime a bonus score. I guess I shouldn't have ever underestimated Noragami after all.

For a moment I thought Izanami will come up from the Underworld and make everyone fight a common enemy. Then again she maybe can't.
Mar 6, 2016 6:29 AM

Aug 2015
It was better than I expected. The best episode of Noragami S2
Mar 19, 2016 10:13 PM

Jun 2014
Holy shit, what a fight!

Can't want to see how this clears up.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 1, 2016 9:51 AM

Feb 2012
WHAT A GREAT EPISODE?!?!?!?! HOLY SHIT HIS REAL NAME ISN'T YATO?!??!?!
But augh, his entire existence is just so suspicious... Anyway! Yato and Yukine just kicks ass so much. And Bishamon is still amazing asf. I'm glad to see Aiha. Aaaaaah, this is too good.. TT^TT

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

May 4, 2016 8:24 AM

Jul 2013
Yaboku? Dude that's one big revelation right there. I did not know Yato was not his real name. Anyway, why would knowing his real name make people avoid him? And how did Hiyori found out about "Yaboku"? is just just some play on words and letters from "Yato"? lol

After all that Ebisu's still gonna die? What.
May 14, 2016 1:14 AM

Jun 2013
So Yato's true name is revealed. Japanese language is really hard to understand, but that's how it works. She wrote Yato's name on the shrine. Even though Yato is not his real name, she wrote it correctly. It read as "Yaboku".

What an intense fight! The suspense is real. This anime is just amazing.

Oh well, cliffhanger at its finest.
May 25, 2016 5:35 AM

Feb 2016
When something special happens, they always have to show the surprised face expression of everyone being at the scene, even if one expression should be enough to show to us viewers that something outstanding has happened but that's a general trick used to provide enough screentime i guess ^^

Yaboku - actually when I first heard it, I had to laugh. I was expecting something like 'the dark flame master' but instead we got yaboku.

Solid Animation thus far. That's something I'd highlight especially when it comes to fighting scenes.
Jun 2, 2016 11:23 AM

Apr 2011
We got to know Yato's real name. Yaboku, huh?

Feeling bad for Ebisu...

So the next episode is the last one huh -.-

Jul 10, 2016 11:34 PM

May 2015
did my boy yato just use a getsuga tensho
Kono Giorno Giovana Niwa Yume Ga Aru
Jul 12, 2016 5:42 PM

Jan 2016
Man its getting more n more Intense, N we got to know "Yato"s real name is Yaboku..
Shit is about happen... but what??! xD
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jul 16, 2016 1:22 AM

Dec 2012
lol Did Yaboku just drop Hora when he left?

Nukes. Nukes everywhere.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 17, 2016 8:45 AM

Jun 2016
Choki one damn blessed vessel.
Ebisu might die the next episode, ending tells us that.
Apr 13, 2017 12:14 PM

May 2016
Just incredible like Ebisu said I hope he can survive that attack.
Jun 19, 2017 12:57 PM

May 2013
Ebisu, you better not die, nigguh. You were such a pain in the ass to protect, so do something last minute to survive so you can eat at Olive Tavern .-.

Our little Yuki is so strong now :')
Jul 4, 2017 9:49 AM

Dec 2016
I was very surprised that Hiyori figured out Yato's true name in such a critical moment o_o" Great job Hiyori! :3

Aww just look at Yato X3 looking at Hiyori and then return laying lazily in her arms. What a cute moment =^w^=

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 13, 2017 6:05 PM

Aug 2014
What a mistake by creators! Firstly Yato's right leg is bandaged and purple then after the thunder strikes them and Yato gets up, it is his left leg.

Was that Yato name problem connected with how japanese people don't know every kanji and forget the old meanings?
I can't find this kanji that is written on his temple. two kanji says 夜トa abut the second kanji on temple is written differently but I can't find it even on japanese wiki while searching for 夜.
I wonder if anyone knows what is the meaning of this?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Feb 1, 2018 10:38 PM

Mar 2016
So Yato's real name is Yaboku! Hiyori saved Yato once again...
Where did Hiiro go when Yato is soul called to the mortal world?
Yato and Yuki have gotten so powerful, they could rend-cut a magical spell on a sky from the ground!

I hope Ebisu could be saved somehow in the next episode.
Dec 25, 2018 10:03 PM

May 2016
I love how Hiyori subtly hinted that a lot of Japanese characters have vastly different meanings depending on the context in a previous episode when she was trying to do some research on him. I didn't realize that she'd try out that trick until she actually did it though but it made so much sense. That's quick thinking for ya~ The ship's back up.

It'd be reasonable to think that Hiiro got left behind because he let go of her at the last second but Izanami commenting on how alone she is again and Kazuma successfully returning with Bishamon despite just being on the floor seconds before she warped back makes me think that Soul Calls also brings back their equips even if they were let go.

While the Punishers are only seeking to execute Ebisu, I'm a bit worried about what will happen to everyone else at the scene because of their immediate retaliation against the not-so-heavenly Heavens out of concern for their comrade. Seeing the Blessed Vessels showing their true power against such intimidating foes was great. Too bad he didn't get enough time to move out of the way after gawking at their glory like the viewers like me.

Apr 7, 2019 4:57 AM

Apr 2013
Looks like Nora will be the next playing of Izanami, surprised he just let go of her. She certainly deserves it though.
Jun 7, 2019 7:47 AM

Feb 2019
My heart omg :((( Yaboku ufhrhejwwiw
Hiyori's and Yato's hug T____T
owkey
Jan 24, 2020 3:05 PM

Dec 2018
a lot of ass-pull and unnecessary shit
tired of every single character being reckless and just charging in without any actual fucking plan
Apr 30, 2020 2:11 PM
Apr 2020
WHY THE **** NORA WAS LEFT BEHIND??? She was my favourite character, but probably she will just get back on her own and yato wouldnt even give a **** about her. If they did it on purpose it is too cruel for this character so i think that they just dont care about their characters
May 29, 2020 11:46 AM

May 2020
Yaboku is really the best god amongst all. He can slice that artifact weapon just how strong Yato and Yukine. Great collabs both of them. Now we see god can be a great team in the future of Noragami series.

But still this fight just getting to protect. It had a purpose but randomly fight isn't suit with this plot.
Dec 6, 2020 10:37 AM

Mar 2010
Well that was a good episode. I hope ebisu lives through this... He just learned he has a life worth living.
Dec 14, 2020 5:18 PM

Sep 2020
Once again, Hiyori in a scene where she doesn't need to be.... And Yato and Bishamon coming out of the underworld like that was just weak and uncreative.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Dec 31, 2020 11:57 AM
Dec 2020
This episode was intense and epic. Yato is notably getting stronger with his regalia, and I was happily surprised that they destroyed the ancient powerful weapon with only one takes. 4/5
Jan 8, 2022 11:04 PM

Apr 2021
Yato's real name is not Yato huh....and I kinda forgot his real name still tho I like the name Yato better.....and wow Kazuma is really strong not to mention Yukine and Yato slashing off that Pacification ring or whatever its called....ngl that was just awesome...man next episode's the finale...Looking forward to it!!
Jun 4, 2022 12:34 PM

Mar 2019
I was expecting Izanami to go crazy after Yato got away, that would have really been a sight to see with the heaven there as well. It's obvious he wouldn't take Yukine with him since he's incredibly soft, he doesn't want to kill anyone, not even when that someone wants to kill Yato, that's why I like Nora so much, just wish she was a bit less extreme.

Loved Bishamon this episode as well, but noooo Ebisuuu :(
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 31, 2022 3:47 PM

Jul 2021
Yato wasn't his real name this whole time then. Interesting that he wanted to keep that secret for so long.
Aug 16, 2022 3:27 PM
Jan 2022
masterpiece !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 16, 2023 7:38 AM
Jul 2018
HOLY MOLY, YUKINE'S POWER IS JUST TOO AMAZING!!! ACTUALLY, THEIR BOND (YABOKU AND YUKINE'S) IS JUST TOO AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 13, 2023 9:56 AM

Jul 2016
Blessed Vessels: Casually reaches out and squeezes a dragon made of lightning and cleanly slice through a nuke meant to slay a god. Kazuma and Yukine are OP.

Sure would suck if Ebisu died now after all that.
Dec 5, 2023 6:11 AM

Dec 2022
Yaboku is his real name? I see...
I did not expect him to turn out to be that powerful. Then again, a lot of that strength is Yukine's.
Dec 9, 2023 3:16 PM

Nov 2023
Damn what an intense episode
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2015

192 by Siigma777 »»
Mar 17, 10:03 PM

» Im getting too old for this anime

DatajI - Mar 9

9 by Fenyy »»
Mar 9, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

412 by TheAnimeWeeb101 »»
Feb 25, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2015

317 by yarwe »»
Jan 16, 4:38 AM

» Is there going to be a next Season for this series, because it is really great?

m_vahhaaj - Oct 5, 2023

27 by animejas »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.