Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 26, 2009 2:19 AM

Sep 2009
The 2001 references made this episode that much more awesome.
Dec 26, 2009 2:20 AM

May 2008
At first I was BLEGH, but then came the 2001: A Space Odyssey reference which made it awesome.

fanoultimatev2 said:
EDIT: ugh, i almost forgot: Railgun meets SEELE:
That's not SEELE.
Dec 26, 2009 2:27 AM

Apr 2008
LMAO !!!! The last part was hilarious xD Masaki clicked the wrong button =D

Dec 26, 2009 2:50 AM

Oct 2009
Great episode!!!
LMAO at the last part!It was so KAWAI~ and Touma seeing it made it even better!
Dec 26, 2009 6:55 AM

Oct 2009
I did not know you can be taught about fishes, snakes and curry making...who even knew about seafood curry. It was good comedy and my friend between my legs was getting too excited by Shirai and Konori's swimsuits....a little less but still by Kongo. Who knew Uiharu was interested in the snake....O_o Interesting appearance of Wannai and Watsuki.
Best part of the episode is Touma!
Seeing Misaka like that! Yes! Touma is back! Again!Ha!
First thing I ROFL so loud my stomach hurts at this part=>
Second part I ROFL loud, incredible but also made my stomach hurt
Konori and Shirai made my friend excited=>
Please put you know what instead of the popscile for the ultimate experience here=>
Please have someone make a gif of Shirai of this part for anyone=>
For next episode best will be loli teacher coming back and weird eyebrow girl.....can't wait! :D
Overall sexually exciting episode.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 26, 2009 7:12 AM

Aug 2009
francismeunier said:

Touma makes the best scene of every episode he runs into, Lol. I love his reactions too, they are so simple yet funny.

francismeunier said:

Shirai got me alil excited too XD XD Thats waaay too big for a middle school girl O.O
[right]

Dec 26, 2009 7:16 AM

Oct 2009
BTW everyone let's see who is your favorite so come and vote....Shirai must be the most excitable! http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=146324
porkypink said:
francismeunier said:

Shirai got me alil excited too XD XD Thats waaay too big for a middle school girl O.O
Big you say? They look like D types.
francismeunierDec 26, 2009 7:20 AM

Dec 26, 2009 7:28 AM
Jun 2009
awesome..2001 space oddesy
Dec 26, 2009 7:41 AM

Jun 2008
porkypink said:
francismeunier said:

Touma makes the best scene of every episode he runs into, Lol. I love his reactions too, they are so simple yet funny.

Are you people shitting me? Instead of saying that that scene was great because of Misaka acting like she did, you found Touma great who did absolute nothing that just seeing her? You people are crazy. Your head is so stack in Index you just can't get it unstack and watch Railgun.

Anyway just a cute episode to pass the time with some fanservice, that room came straight from Star Trek Holodeck.
Misaka's in the end was full of win. She just a moe cute girl deep down huh?
Kuroko with her over-revealing swimsuit as always. That girl has no shame in general.
Konori has one hell of a body btw.

In the end i was hungry. With all that food preparations they made me want to eat something nice. Shit i don't have much things home.
Dec 26, 2009 7:47 AM

Oct 2009
Monad said:
porkypink said:
francismeunier said:

Are you people shitting me? Instead of saying that that scene was great because of Misaka acting like she did, you found Touma great who did absolute nothing that just seeing her? You people are crazy. Your head is so stack in Index you just can't get it unstack and watch Railgun.

I found Touma great because of his reactions but I did not imply to not include Misaka with all this. I will say it again and said before....Misaka alone or with Shirai....okMisaka with Touma.....Epic! That's all.

Dec 26, 2009 8:03 AM

Dec 2007
All we need in every anime is to have the legendary fan service episode. That appears to be the motto these days -.-''
Dec 26, 2009 8:26 AM

Oct 2009
Mercurio said:
That's not SEELE.

well, a lot of people was joking with that on Himado ¯\(°_o)/¯

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Dec 26, 2009 8:36 AM

May 2008
LOL NICE TIMING TOUMA, funny stuff

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 26, 2009 8:54 AM

Jun 2008
One of THE funniest moments I've seen in Railgun, if not all season:

Plus, I learned the difference between a regular tuna and an Island Skipjack.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skipjack_tuna
Please read more about the Skipjack at your local library, aquarium, or fishery.
gloomheartDec 26, 2009 8:57 AM
Dec 26, 2009 9:33 AM

Jul 2009
Blackbird said:
That kind of system would be nice to have haha :D
IDD it would be so sweet to have the same setup at home xD
I really wonder just how much energy a room like that would require to work^^

Luckily for them it didn't replicate the environment in space though =P

Touma had the right amount of screen time too, any more and he can't handle the pressure and just ruin everything ;P
Dec 26, 2009 10:05 AM

Dec 2009
This episode was really LOLtastic. It was really cute. XD I rofled at the snake and the "sexy and elegant" style. Biribiri at the the end was so cute. Haha, Touma is so awesome.
Dec 26, 2009 10:42 AM

Jul 2008
This episode was funny, I like the end...
Dec 26, 2009 11:01 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Hilarious references and ending.

THIS is how you make a fan-service episode.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 26, 2009 11:18 AM

Aug 2008
When I saw Touma, I was like YES!!! Great to see him again even for a few seconds.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Dec 26, 2009 11:51 AM

Jan 2009
Kuroko.. ┐( ̄Д ̄; )┌
Oh right, it's the swimsuit episode (saw the sponsor-screen) ┐(-。ー')┌
Kuroko.. Dirty methods you're using there, aren't you? ヽ(´Д`ヽ)
Weee Misaka found a cute swimsuit ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃
Oh and btw, Saten's got a great body ヽ(´ー`)ノ
Kuroko.. What can I say, really? ┐('~`;)┌
Uiharu likes snakes~ ◔ ◡ ◔
Konori-sempai~ ◕ ◡ ◕
Kuroko.. ┐( ̄Д ̄; )┌
Uiharu in a castle made of sand was lol ( ̄ー ̄)
Also, some extreme weather contidtions there (・3・ア
Misaka goes microwave oven (‐^▽^‐)
Kongo Mitsuki, awesome instructior in curry-making ʘ‿ʘ
Oh lol, Biribiri, that.. Might be fun when you find out about it ( ¯‿¯)
Also, random Touma appearance was random, but oh so perfect ( ´・‿-)~
Well, tl;dr not a very interesting episode, I mean.. Nothing happened.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 26, 2009 1:02 PM

Sep 2008
as said a bunch of times already, that last scene was totally worth watching, lol
Dec 26, 2009 1:53 PM

Aug 2008
And now Touma has gone one step further down the Misaka path.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2009 2:21 PM

Sep 2008
Lol... 2001 monolith xD
entauri.deviantart.com

Dec 26, 2009 2:51 PM

Sep 2008
looooool. great hilarious ep =)

one thing I must point to, since none did: rofl @ peeling tomatoes!!

This was really funny from the start till the end ^.^

Uiharu and the snake ...

Kongo and curry ..

suddenly coming to Saudi Arabia I mean Arabasta(in One Piece case) xPP

Konori really has a nice body ◔ ◡ ◔

and the ending was a real pure win!!

biribiri pressing the wrong buttons and Touma seeing her act like that ^o^ loool (misaka was pretty cute in that last scene <3 <3)

I found Misaka kinda sexy in the 1st pic ◕ ◡ ◕

I never thought that this ep would be this good ^o^

6/5!!
Kaito__KidDec 26, 2009 2:54 PM

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Dec 26, 2009 3:48 PM

Feb 2009
This proves that when you don't even try to hide the fact that you're doing a filler episode full of fanservice, it can be done right.

I lol'd at the 2001 A Space Odyssey reference, with Kuroko holding that bone. xD Uuiharu and the snake was funny too. Speaking of Uiharu, I totally agree with her: vegetables need to be cut small when making curry. :D

Someone make a gif out of this:

On a sadder note, no new episode next week, we'll have to wait until January 8th. :(
AlexstratzDec 26, 2009 4:00 PM
Dec 26, 2009 4:11 PM

Nov 2007
Bad episode except for the ending.
Dec 26, 2009 5:37 PM

May 2008
Good Episode.
Lucid_Yume said:
This whole episode had nothing really happen. It was a decent piece of fan service... until the end. That made this episode priceless. Best scene of the episode...

I was simply lost for words at the sheer brilliance, moe, and comedy thrown into this scene.
lol @ the end
Dec 26, 2009 6:05 PM

Nov 2006
Channeling Last Order.

Dec 26, 2009 7:26 PM

Jun 2008
atruong18 said:
as said a bunch of times already, that last scene was totally worth watching, lol
Amen. It would have been the standard beach/bathing suit episode that most animes do but seeing Misaka being so innocent and not knowing that everyone sees her just made the episode. As other have said, it made is so moe.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 26, 2009 7:30 PM

Aug 2007
Surprisingly tasteful for a swimsuit episode. No exaggerated fanservice (like they did in Shakugan no Shana, for instance - that one was a teheheherrible swimsuit episode).

GarLogan78 said:
What did they see when they were on the moon?

I wanna know that too! Anyone?
reiyonDec 26, 2009 7:52 PM
Dec 26, 2009 7:31 PM

Mar 2009
Not bad for a filler episode, hopefully we'll get some plot next week :D
Kuroko is really perverted still, and I like the scene at the end like most people, Misaka was too cute!
Dec 26, 2009 7:39 PM

Aug 2009
porkypink said:
francismeunier said:

Monad said:

Oh no, don't be mistaken.. I'm enjoying Railgun alot. But you have to admit the scenes when Touma arrives are funny / cool enough to be the best moment of each episode. If they weren't, why would J.C. staff put Touma as the last scene for this swimsuit fan service episode? Not only this episode but also in episode 4 when Touma mind breaks the explosion. That was an epic scene too.

In the end of episode four Touma plays it cool and doesn't tell anyone who actually saved the kid and Uiharu. He just turns his back from Misaka and walks away into the sunset. XD XD Ahhhhh, the coolness is too bright for meeee

It's not like we are giving this anime a 1/10 because the main character and setting changed.. Thats being crazy.. So how can't we like Touma's scenes? Blame the staff for putting Touma in Railgun if you, hate?, him so much O.o
[right]

Dec 26, 2009 7:49 PM

Sep 2008
poor misaka, i hope no one tells her about the last part, well it would be pretty funny to see touma telling her about that tou
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 26, 2009 8:15 PM
May 2008
Surprisingly this episode was better than I expected it to be. Highlights of the episode easily being the moon scene, "X-O-Tick!!!", and the ending, LMFAO!!!
Dead Account
Please Delete
Dec 26, 2009 8:32 PM

Feb 2009
It was OK, I didn't really like this episode because it had not very much content...
Dec 26, 2009 8:39 PM

Jul 2009
┐( ̄Д ̄; )┌

^that

and I LOL'd out loud at the ending

soooooo cute :D
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Dec 26, 2009 9:02 PM

Apr 2008
"Sexy and Exotic."
xD I lol'd at that. Well it was an okay ep but the end with Touma watching Mikoto was amazing, that again made the episode.

Breath||
Dec 26, 2009 9:12 PM
May 2009
porkypink said:
porkypink said:
francismeunier said:

Monad said:

Oh no, don't be mistaken.. I'm enjoying Railgun alot. But you have to admit the scenes when Touma arrives are funny / cool enough to be the best moment of each episode. If they weren't, why would J.C. staff put Touma as the last scene for this swimsuit fan service episode? Not only this episode but also in episode 4 when Touma mind breaks the explosion. That was an epic scene too.

In the end of episode four Touma plays it cool and doesn't tell anyone who actually saved the kid and Uiharu. He just turns his back from Misaka and walks away into the sunset. XD XD Ahhhhh, the coolness is too bright for meeee

It's not like we are giving this anime a 1/10 because the main character and setting changed.. Thats being crazy.. So how can't we like Touma's scenes? Blame the staff for putting Touma in Railgun if you, hate?, him so much O.o
No need to argue with Monad, we already know he hates Touma :/

It seems next episode will be filler as well, I wonder when they'll star with the Accelerator Arc.

Edit: Also Touma call her Biribiri in this episode, so I guess "that incident" hasn't happened yet, I wonder if their bother to "connect" the two series, maybe remaking the Restaurant scene to fit more with the Index counterpart
Dec 26, 2009 10:40 PM

May 2008
Funny filler to say the least. And Mikoto being Mikoto and Touma making a cameo are bonuses. :D
Dec 26, 2009 11:14 PM
Jun 2009
reiyon said:
GarLogan78 said:

That scene was a reference to 2001: A Space Odyssey. They were monoliths which appeared in the movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolith_%28Space_Odyssey%29

EcmemsDec 26, 2009 11:25 PM
Dec 27, 2009 12:59 AM
Nov 2009
Death_Note_Sucks said:

Edit: Also Touma call her Biribiri in this episode, so I guess "that incident" hasn't happened yet, I wonder if their bother to "connect" the two series, maybe remaking the Restaurant scene to fit more with the Index counterpart

Touma still calls her biribiri even after he loses his memory.
Dec 27, 2009 1:38 AM
Apr 2009
The ending was just too funny =)
Dec 27, 2009 2:00 AM

Jul 2009
Now that's another long title name since i saw Gintama's title XD
And why curry? oh well i'm hungry gotta grab something to eat
Dec 27, 2009 2:44 AM

Jun 2008
Laevantein said:
Now that's another long title name since i saw Gintama's title XD
And why curry? oh well i'm hungry gotta grab something to eat
Longest title still goes to School Rumble...
On camping trips one makes curry - that's for certain - the question should be how they projected edible food into the room or tons of water or why all logic was abandonded for a simple filler
Dec 27, 2009 3:12 AM
Jul 2009
a few good moments. end was pure win.
Dec 27, 2009 4:39 AM

Jun 2008
reiyon said:
Surprisingly tasteful for a swimsuit episode. No exaggerated fanservice (like they did in Shakugan no Shana, for instance - that one was a teheheherrible swimsuit episode).

GarLogan78 said:

It was a reference to "2001: A Space Odyssey". They saw the onyx obelisk and Kuroko was holding the thigh bone which was the first weapon that "the dawn of man" used. Great scene, great movie. It's listed as one of the top 10 movies ever made. I recommend watching it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DXMVG8fo3g
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 27, 2009 8:31 AM

Mar 2008
Fanservice overload ! Great episode, really enjoyed it, looking for next arc now :)
Dec 27, 2009 9:12 AM
Aug 2009
toratiger said:
Death_Note_Sucks said:

Touma still calls her biribiri even after he loses his memory.

This is true, but Touma only calls her Biri-Biri again after a couple encounters with her after losing his memory, (looks like pre- and post- memory loss Touma have the same nick-naming techniques.. lol). At this point, were it to line up with the manga and novel versions, he should have no idea who was on the screen, since there are specific dates given to his memory loss and the level upper arc.

However, in the anime, there is no such restraint for the connection of the series. With JC Staff wanting to make filler episodes with Touma in them, I think they redid the timeline a bit to have both anime series tie together at later point. If the series eventually makes it to the Imouto Arc (Damn, that would awesome…), then we will probably witness another family restaurant scene with Biri-Biri and Touma, a la the first episode of Index.
Dec 27, 2009 9:42 AM

Mar 2009
Death_Note_Sucks said:
I wonder when they'll star with the Accelerator Arc.

Or if they'll ever start it in this season. The manga is still right in the middle of the plot.
You'll regret this...
Dec 27, 2009 11:09 AM

Apr 2008
Boring episode, but the ending was funny with Biribiri and Touma. He needs to appear more.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

UnknownFact - Jan 2, 2010

169 by StateofOhayo »»
Yesterday, 10:51 PM

» Do you like Kuroko’s horniness, or do you think it’s annoying?

SwagsOnB - Oct 2, 2023

31 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Do you like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun?

SpinStudios - Oct 25, 2021

18 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

164 by TheAncientOne »»
Feb 25, 9:40 AM

» Why is there no CGDCT on this show?

Sagepool - Nov 30, 2023

14 by FZREMAKE »»
Dec 1, 2023 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.