Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 18, 2011 12:41 AM

Feb 2008
sophy4ever said:
That was awesome. Favorite episode so far. Loved Victoria and the Captain. Awesome. Can't wait for the next episode. When's the 8th ova coming up?

July 27th.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=286964
Jul 6, 2011 9:58 PM

Sep 2010
This is the only episode in the OVA I can call "Ultimate." It's perfect note. I doubt it can be topped now Madhouse's out of the project.

TiTaNz said:
Theres only one thing I didn't like about the episode, Hellsing was suppose to be a counter-vampire organisation; the soldiers they had should have had more anti-vampire weapon and put up at least a decent fight. But over all, I got to agree that this is one of the best episode so far.

Hellsing is NOT a counter anti vampire organization outside the Gonzo TV series. Hellsing is an Order of Royal Protestant Knights that is formed to fight the threats against the Anglican Church and the British Empire. Among them vampires who menace the peace of the nation. Richard Hellsing had no idea or interest in fighting vampires, he wanted to warm the seat of the Twelve Conventions that gave him incredibly political power (the knights can easily nuke England and decide to move over Canada, to give you an example).

Of course fighting against vampires is cooler to show than any political dealings Integra has to be involved.

The 'expert' in vampire hunting is Alucard which is only one of Hellsing duties, albeit the one the manga half focuses on (like Anderson is Iscariot's, but they do more than fighting vampires). Integra introduces him for that purpose. In the manga, he's introduced as the "Vampire Hunter" (in a frontpiece cover and all). The Wild Geese were hired as response of the Millennium assaults and were trained to deal with their menace (and in OVA 6, they did take out a lot of them).

Gryml said:
its not that i don't think they put up a good fight... but honestly. seras could have taken them all out on her own. in ova 2 seras, walter and alucard could have taken the all out on their own too... so the question is why bother using humans if they are weaker and the vampires "don't need" them... i know that if pip hadn't died seras wouldn't have gotten that power up... but it seems wierd.

Without Pip, Alucard and Seras wouldn't be able to be smuggled in Brazil and then find a route to escape. He's the one who kept a head on his shoulders, targeted the corrupted cop leaders and stole a helicopter to get them out of there.

Seras was half owned by *ghouls* in OVA 2. She couldn't face Jan Valentine who hit her on the face and throw her off. Do you think that without Pip Bernadotte she poses that much threat? Until Pip's appearance, Seras lost control. Yet she had only killed a vampire when she was running on her back turned before v6/OVA6.

Seriously?

Pip's the one who brings out badass!Seras. His speeches, his treatment, his direction is what gives her strength. She acts dramatically different when she's around him. He saved her life and her sanity. Without him, she's toast. Without her, he's toast too. They are symbiotic characters. The perfect 'couple' and 'team'. They don't work well as individuals. She's the brawn. He's the brains.

If Pip wasn't blocking Zorin's mind rape powers, Seras wouldn't have been able to beat her. Zorin realized who was interfering with her invasion. Didn't you?

Spoilers for the end:

ThessJul 6, 2011 10:25 PM
Aug 1, 2011 4:43 PM

Dec 2010
This was surely the best episode to now. It was really flawless I just feel bad for the captain's death... But he'll forever live in Seras, I guess. And she finally unlocked her badass abillities ^__^
Oct 2, 2011 5:21 AM

Aug 2008
I could almost feel their despair and hopelessness radiating off my computer screen, that's how awesome this episode is.

PipxSeras in the midst of all the bloodbath is just glorious.
Nov 19, 2011 4:34 PM

Nov 2008
Simply amazing.
Feb 25, 2012 11:34 AM

Aug 2008
It gets me everytime when someone important dies. I cant think of anything else of how they can top this episode.
Mar 1, 2012 9:24 AM

Aug 2009
DAMN! Face-eating during the first minutes.

Everything sounded and went just like i imagined it would in the manga. They actually made it better when Bernadotte whacked Zorin with the AK and then block her scythe only to bring out his sidearm and unload it on her. The illusion induced flasback was pretty gruesome as was Zorin carving up Seras. The only annoying part i found was why did one of the Nazi's on the ground wait so long to start doing something. Zorin was pretty much winning at the time.

Bernadotte's death was also IMO done better than in the manga. So sad and they pulled the "Here's the best parts of this character"-flashback too. Sera's payback was done brilliantly. Glad they put some appropriate music this time. Also nice choreography slicing up those soldiers.

These OVA's keep giving a continuous stream of quality animation and faithfullness to the original material. I just wish someone in the animation team would put in something extra like extended fights or something like it. Now this is just manga converted directly to video AND THATS COOL! But i want to see more...or the original series theme inserted somewhere appropriate. 'Coz that was one kickass theme!
Mar 16, 2012 11:16 AM

Dec 2011
well this was spectacular. ever since Tattoo-Face appeared in the background I wondered when we'd finally get to see her deal, and it was worth the wait. you were so right about Bernadotte, i'd been forgetting who he was a lot because he just made no impression on me, but in this one he was just THE MAN. Also points for giving Sera a full-on Elfen Lied flashback. I'm really curious as to how that scene played out since it cuts away at a certain point. I really appreciate that this show pulls no punches whatsoever, and at least 5 minutes per episode never fail to give me the reaction like 'did that just happen? that really happened, rewind'.

With that said I have to harp one more time on the fact that Alucard is still nowhere to be seen for 3 episodes. If they don't want to overuse him, that's fine, but is it unreasonable to ask for one little scene where Sera and Alucard part ways and he tells her she's gonna be on her own for a while after being joined at the hip for so long? Some kind of acknowledgement would be nice. It feels very jarring having key characters vanish at random. It bothers me in any show when they introduce a godly-powerful character, and have him disappear and reappear when convenient to the plot. Drives me up the wall. It's not a serious detraction for me, but it rears its head at least once per episode it seems. He's better be doing something real important besides watching Integra.
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.
Mar 16, 2012 2:58 PM

Apr 2009
Eckilsax said:
With that said I have to harp one more time on the fact that Alucard is still nowhere to be seen for 3 episodes. If they don't want to overuse him, that's fine, but is it unreasonable to ask for one little scene where Sera and Alucard part ways and he tells her she's gonna be on her own for a while after being joined at the hip for so long? Some kind of acknowledgement would be nice. It feels very jarring having key characters vanish at random.

But most of OVA4 was done specifically to show that was not at random!! That's an enormous point to miss from your side.
Major lured Alucard to the aircraft carrier sacrificing Rip Wan Winkle in the process specifically to suspend his enemy. Vampires can't cross significant water spaces with no vehicle. SR-71 plane is crushed, Rip's helicopter is burned and I bet Nazis have compromised ship's engines. The only way for Alucard do return home is to sail on the carrier and the only option he have to do that is currently by the help of his magic. Shadow sails all around the ship and stuff. Not the fastest way to travel.
Mar 16, 2012 4:27 PM

Dec 2011
man that did not even occur to me. i guess i never considered Alucard to be restricted in that way. Didn't we see Sera launch herself into the sky like a bottle-rocket at the end of 6? I didn't consider that it was beyond a vampire's power to cover that distance, what with turning into mist (or just plain turning super-sayian). Keep in mind that the portrayal of true vampires in this OVA is beyond the power of almost any vampires in modern fiction. Also, 4 ending with Alucard laughing maniacally did not leave me with the impression of 'oops, i guess I played right into his hands and now I'm sidelined'. It does make sense though, and I'll take any reason even if it's somewhat half-baked as to why he hasn't shown up when shit is hitting the fan hard.
Mar 16, 2012 11:14 PM

Apr 2009
Eckilsax
Vampires can fly on their own over land, but they can't fly over water. That was discussed between Integra and Walter just before Alucard's attack on the carrier. Just as vampires are afraid of wooden spikes to the heart. That's how the magic works. No particular scientific explanation. Just magic. Why is it believed vampires don't like garlic exactly? For the same reason. And that water stuff is not something Hirano just made up from his mind, that was in the myths to begin with. Otherwise there would be no reason to use SR-71 spy plane in the first place. Alucard would just teleport to the deck and that's all. The thing is, he couldn't. That's what made his entrance dramatic and that's why Rip Van Winkle actually had a chance to defeat Alucard by throwing him off the deck to get him drowned.
KlimatMar 17, 2012 8:51 AM
Mar 17, 2012 10:45 AM

Dec 2011
that makes sense and i like it. i took the spy plane as more of a stealth attack. i think i would have understood the trap better if Alucard reacted in ANY WAY that would imply he's impeded. I still can't even picture someone like Alucard just drowning... man that would be a lame death.
Mar 18, 2012 1:24 AM

Dec 2011
So this is too fucked up not to share.

Last night I went to bed with some major Hellsing on the brain after watching OVA 7. This may have been a case of bad timing cause I somehow managed to roll over on my arm big time in my sleep. Now, I've had limbs fall asleep before. This time I must have been asleep on it for a good hour or so. I woke up delirious and half-asleep at 4 am only to realize my arm's been severed and replaced with a prosthetic because I do not have the tiniest ounce of sensation coming in. When I touch it and try to rub some feeling back into it, I feel utterly nothing up my whole arm up to the shoulder. I semi-freak out, and stumble around my room for a good 5 minutes completely zombified while having some bad Seras Victoria flashbacks of disembowelment. I was totally having a Hellsing dream too. What a fucked up way to start an early day cuz i wasn't falling back asleep after that shit.
May 3, 2012 6:23 PM

Jan 2012
WoW! That episode was really good!

At the part when cels lost her arm and got blind i was... OMG!

Then Bernadotte got hurt and died i was... OMFG!!!

Then, came the best part, Seras got overpowered! That part was so awesome! Sugoi!
Jul 30, 2012 1:27 AM

Feb 2011
THAT WAS FUCKING BEAST !!!!!!!! YES , THAT'S IT , SERAS BECOMES MORE ALUCARD-LIKE . GODDAMIT THE BEST EP SO FAR <3

Aug 5, 2012 1:16 PM
Aug 2011
Does anyone know the name of the song in 30min, when Seras is fighting with Zorin?
The whole ep was just simply amazing.
Too bad that Bernadotte is dead.
Favourite ep of all.
Aug 9, 2012 1:22 AM

Apr 2009
Kyomu969 said:
Does anyone know the name of the song in 30min, when Seras is fighting with Zorin?

Zakuro by Suilen.
Aug 11, 2012 4:50 AM
Aug 2011
Klimat said:
Kyomu969 said:

Zakuro by Suilen.

Arigatou.
Aug 13, 2012 12:00 AM

Aug 2010
Definitely the best episode so far. This is how I like my anime, no censors.

Seras past was pretty disturbing, her dead mom was raped right in front of her.

The kiss scene was nice, what a way to go Bernadotte, you are definitely a real man. Seras new form is awesome, she totally kicked ass. And now she can fly. Damn this episode was just too epic.

5/5
Aug 30, 2012 3:01 AM

Mar 2010
awesome ost
seras <3
Dec 15, 2012 2:06 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Seras and Bernadotte gave this episode a different feel to some of the others. The incredible, over the top, batsh%t insane violence was still there, but now with a true sense of loss that was missing from this anime. Best episode so far. Looking forward to the rest.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 16, 2012 10:43 AM

May 2012
Great episode, though a bit too tragic. I thought Hellsing was pulpy fun but it's actually quite sad. Did we really need to see that guy rape her dead mother? Geez.

How come Seras has only one arm now? Why doesn't it heal the whole way? How come she can slice people up like that? I thought her power was super sight or whatever.

Also i feel the voice acting in the English dub isn't as good as it used to be. Back when Geneon was producing it was top notch but now with Funimation behind it it's just not as good.For some reason they also gave the vampires a weird echo effect so it sounds like their dialog is coming out two speakers at once, whereas everyone else just gets the one front speaker. Very unnecessary as they now sound like robots as opposed to vampires! The dub may have Crispin Freeman but i'm seriously thinking about switching to Japanese.

AND WHERE IS ALUCARD!? I need my fix!
Dec 16, 2012 11:59 AM

Apr 2009
IcecreamManwich said:
How come Seras has only one arm now? Why doesn't it heal the whole way? How come she can slice people up like that? I thought her power was super sight or whatever.

It's not one power per one vampire setting. All vampires have the same basic power set mostly affected by how strong a vampire is.
Millennium vampires are not normal vampires however, the are artificially vampirized humans, not as powerful as true vampires by default, also some top Millennium members were originally extraordinary humans, kinda like Walter. So those original powers they already had before being turned were not lost, but only enhanced by Doc's work.
IcecreamManwich said:
Also i feel the voice acting in the English dub isn't as good as it used to be. Back when Geneon was producing it was top notch but now with Funimation behind it it's just not as good.For some reason they also gave the vampires a weird echo effect so it sounds like their dialog is coming out two speakers at once, whereas everyone else just gets the one front speaker. Very unnecessary as they now sound like robots as opposed to vampires! The dub may have Crispin Freeman but i'm seriously thinking about switching to Japanese.

Just do it. Japanese dub is amazing.
Dec 31, 2012 1:08 PM

Jul 2009
FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!

just like what i remember last year. this episode was a beast!!!

it showed how badass Pip and Sera are!

and i still remember that rape scene back then.

though it wasn't as graphic as i remember.

and yeah the voices in ENG Dub when Sera turned into a true monster added that echo effect like a robot.

while it was cool, i think they should have keep the voices and just make them louder in the first place.

they even added this echo effect with Alucard vs Rip Van Winkle.

the fight is one of the best, though i think Sera should have done more to Zorin than just run over her face across the wall(still painful though)

Pip your gone :(

i knew your voice is from Yuri Lowenthal.

your sounding like the Prince in Prince of Persia XD

this is actually the last episode i saw in Hellsing Ultimate last year.

i stop at episode 7 watching it JPN Dub(which is awesome BTW!) while i watched the ENG Dub back then many years ago, i stop at episode 3 since Geneon lost the rights or had some problems.

so now im at the same episode but i watched it all in Eng Dub.

i already saw at the database that the last episode aired at Dec 26, so the series is finally done and wow it was 6 long years.

it's also surprising how Rebuild of Evangelion series is coming to a close!

man i still remember this two announcements 6 years ago.

i wonder what other anime series that deserve a remake in film form?

since the Funimation BD i have are only up to 8, i don't know if i should stop at 8 and wait for the Eng Dub of IX and X or finished the series with JPN dub??

all in all amazing stuff

from here on out, i don't know what's gonna happen.

can't wait to be surprised once more!!!!!
Jan 4, 2013 3:02 PM

Nov 2011
Holy shit, bloody episode is bloody. I feel sorry for Seras and her past along with her arm getting cut off...

I lol'd @ Bernadotte when he stole that kiss though. Dat bloody kiss.
Jan 7, 2013 8:23 PM

Nov 2007
Damn it. Almost all the badass mercs died.

I really want him to live. At least he got one last kiss. The ending was tear worthy.

At least police girl got some pay back. Which I couldn't wait for.

Speaking of police girl .... wow her past was fucked up. I can't believe they went there.
Jan 22, 2013 10:51 AM

Jan 2011
Maaaaan, that was one hell of a gore. At some moments it almost got to me. I didn't expect Bernadotte dying so this was kind of a shocker but it made me really content that after that Victoria shredded Zorin's face (even tho it kind of pissed me off that almost all of the Wild Geese had to die before this happens). This and the previous OVAs' endings were the best. (and that kiss amg ;w;)
Jan 22, 2013 9:20 PM

Apr 2012
This episode really impressed me. I have enjoyed the series so far but, yeah, this one definitely stood out. My one complaint might be that the whole "companion of the hero dies, the hero is enraged, the hero then powers up and defeats the villain" thing is not exactly original. But, that scene was executed well and seeing Seras turn into a true badass made up for it.

As a side note, this episode also really turned things up in terms of intensity. Lots of blood and gore plus Seras' past was pretty damn graphic.
Feb 18, 2013 10:19 PM

Jun 2009
'Twas fucking awesome in every way possible. Seras was pretty god damn alpha here and Pip went out like a badass.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 6, 2013 9:57 PM

Jul 2011
Wow this is one of the best episodes of ANY ANIME i've ever seen. Everything from the lines, the characters, the action, the music, the ending, the ending theme.

Victoria had already become one of my fave characters, but with this ep, Pip has made it to my top fav characters as well. Also fav couple, and fav kiss.
Yes, that kiss was amazing. Even though it was bloody and one was dying and one was horribly wounded. It tops even those silly romantic ones.
I loved how Pip finally stole a kiss from Seras. It was truly an amazing moment.

But damn, he was such a great character, he will surely be missed. And yes I sure did almost cry there when he died. But Seras made up for it by shredding Zorin's face on the wall. mhaha.

But wow, Seras, or rather Victorias has turned into something else there.
I was hoping for it too. I just hope she somehow grows back her arm. Even though that shadowy arm is very usable, she should still somehow have it, even though she gets her normal one back.

And the Ending theme. With the pictures/memories of Pip, made me sad all over again. But happy that he actually lived a good life. and was able to meet Victoria.
And the music, pretty damn good as well. Loved it.

Loved it all.
MoonXArtemisMar 6, 2013 10:07 PM
May 21, 2013 11:54 PM

Apr 2011
This epd was just amazing. I was furious when Victoria had to witness that flashback. Truly one of the best epds in an anime series EVER.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Aug 17, 2013 3:21 AM

Nov 2012
HOLY SHIT! XD seras is so fucking badass one in this episode.. XD damn.. I like no.. I love the new outfit.. XD RED OUTFIT MUTHAFUCKA!! XD
so hot hell yeah!

I wonder if the arm will grow again or not.. but seriously.. she really awesome in this episode.. that scene when she killing blitz XD

and that kiss scene XD LOL never thought there will be a kiss in this episode..

and finally some boobies.. shit.. crazy past seras got there.. wtf is wrong with that guy? he fucking seras's mother -_- stupid guy -_-
Oct 6, 2013 4:00 PM

Mar 2013
Pip. Oh God, why? I cried so much.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Oct 28, 2013 9:53 AM

Jan 2013
Saddes episode :/
RIP Bernadett...
Celas was amazing!A real monster as Alucard...She was very scary!Finally Zorin died,(ugly bitch) - Bernadett :D
When Celas arm was chopped :/
And now she is OOOP!she drinked blood.
Still no response from Alucard :(
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 9, 2013 2:14 AM
Jul 2018
I've been looking and looking but for the life of me can't find the song that starts playing right after Seras throws Zorin to the ground.
It pretty much starts at this at this frame.

I would greatly appreciate any help. I've listened through the Hellsing Ultimate OST, but have had no luck. Unless I missed it, which is possible.
removed-userNov 9, 2013 2:23 AM
Nov 9, 2013 7:44 PM

May 2013
Aaawwweeee, I would ship them :'( Victoria and Bernadotte Q___Q
Too cute TT___TT
and I'm really happy that the remaining two soldiers weren't afraid of Victoria after seeing her go all out in vamp mode (:

That bitch Zorin deserved that crushing death >:/

This ending pic doe <3 </3 <3 Bittersweet Y-Y

Nov 10, 2013 4:07 AM

Oct 2009
Pip!! D:
Dam Seras is finally at full power and she can fly! Hope her hand regenerates though.
Nov 10, 2013 12:15 PM

Jun 2013
Victoria finally embraced who she now is! Which is a monster just like Alucard :)
No need to hold back now girl, go give 'em hell!

Pip will be greatly missed, but it looks like there's a part of him in Seras' mind now.
Dec 4, 2013 6:06 PM

May 2012
That was... that was TOTALLY EPIC! Really that kiss, that rape and that blood sucking epic action afterwards! Really this sure was one hell of an epic episode! Really amazing development and well quite sad that Pip died as he started to become quite a nice supporting character! But damn this episode sure was sick, let's see what's next!
Feb 4, 2014 3:09 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was insane.
Feb 6, 2014 8:50 PM

Sep 2009
True man mode activated both by Seras and Bernadett

That was INSANE!!!!!
Apr 3, 2014 4:46 PM

Oct 2013
What an amazing episode,Seras was awesome and fight was epic,blood blood everywhere just how i like it.

Jun 10, 2014 11:32 AM

Sep 2013
Saygram said:
Agree. That was fuc**** awesome ep. When Pip died I almost cry (btw that was kiss of the year^^)and can't stop smile when Seras subsequently killed Zorin. And yes ED was the best.

I too couldn't stop smiling as Seras killed that bastard zorin, That Seras and Pip moment was flashbacks were sweet, kiss of the century! those scenes made the episode for me!

Seras' past is somewhat disturbing,it's a damn shame she had to witness what happened. I admire her bravery in even confronting those scum
Jun 23, 2014 7:09 AM
Dec 2011
oh....pip like seras....that is awesome.. and the kiss was the best kiss ever ...it was superb... i love pip.. he was handsome more than that he have s good heart i miss him i cry for him...alucard please come soon...just wondering who does seras like??? :3
Jun 27, 2014 6:24 PM

Jun 2012
Damn that was the best episode yet. Bernadotte was a badass till the very end. The kiss was really nicely done and made his end all the more better, although I'm sad that he's gone. This has just been non-stop action and it's getting better and better now.
Jul 8, 2014 11:20 PM

Apr 2014
Here's to Zorin Blitz and her awesome.... oh wait her head is gone.
Jul 19, 2014 1:10 PM
Mar 2014
BY far the best of the OVA's so far, I fucking bawled when Pip died (but he did have an epic death). That kiss was the best, yet the saddest thing so far and Seras finally tapped into her true power (hopefully there is still more to come) and went totally badass on that other chick.

Still waiting for Alucard to show up, but it was awesome seeing Seras in action.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2014 5:51 AM

Aug 2013
Ladies and gentlemen, Seras motherf*cking Victoria. Holy crap that was...I had to pause the video just to fully absorb all the awesomeness of what she has done. From "Say hello to my little friends!" one-woman artillery offense to face wall grinding one-armed flying super vampire. That was insane O__O
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 28, 2014 6:52 AM

Sep 2013
Finally Bernadotte is dead lol.

Epic episode like always.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 5, 2014 10:12 PM
Jan 2014
6 and 7.. Best episodes so far. Bernadotte was really a very interesting character, RIP. Sadly, He probably wasn't a virgin I guess or he could've been saved. And again, there's seras being a complete badass.
P.S that ending was epic too. Indeed a great episode from every angle.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klimat - Feb 15, 2012

157 by liliyoa »»
Apr 10, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Jul 29, 2008

153 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 25, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JudgeRuthless - Aug 6, 2012

298 by Hayoka_ »»
Mar 23, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Apollodorus - Jul 23, 2009

176 by LightNoragami1 »»
Feb 21, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.