Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 29, 2015 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol kids these days.

Another apparently chill episode. Lol Orga got drunk. Aina taking responsibility while having some nice moments with her assistant. The girls of Turbines is really getting along with the crew lol. I hope Aina is ready for what's to come soon.

I think it's also nice to see Mika making progress with writing.
Nov 29, 2015 1:54 AM

Mar 2014
lol Eugene and Norba went to get some women. They must die for graduating from chastity !!
Nov 29, 2015 3:24 AM

Mar 2014
From what I have seen so far

She seemed suspicious, especially with what she was typing when noone else was on the bridge. But it might just be her writing random shit.
Nov 29, 2015 4:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I really hope that Teiwaz isn't shady because I love those guys and their leader way too much

Was nice to see the crew partying all night and I laughed so hard at seeing Orga get drunk xD Kudelia and Mika's roles in this episode was pretty great too and they both looked stunning (Orga too) in their ceremonial outfits

Lafter confirmed to have fucked Naze however I'm still getting this feeling that she's gonna eventually start banging someone else lol....And I wonder if that one dude that was salty over Naze's harem actually got laid last night lol

Overall it was a great epsiode and I really enjoyed all of the discussions....Atra's death flags rose yet again and we got a new female character as well (I bet she's the Teiwaz leaders' daughter or wife) whom I want to ship with Orga so badly

New Barbatos form next week as well and probably more from Team Chocolate Aznable too :D
TokoyaNov 29, 2015 4:11 AM
Nov 29, 2015 4:04 AM

Feb 2012
Amida Arca recommending Atra as a wife.
Orga can't handle his alcohol lol

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 29, 2015 4:05 AM

Jun 2014
This episode was sooo amazing. I just loved every part of it. I am really happy for Orga, since he finally got some solid ground on which to stand, and the Tekkadan aren't on their own and have protection. I love that Turbine guy, and also McMurdo is not bad at all. Mikazuka and Orga are amazing MC's and Akihiro rocks too. I wonder who that girl was that gave Orga her napkin, maybe there will be some romance. We also saw what the bad guys are up to, and the desigh of Barbatos was insane. 1000/10 for me. I haven't had such a good time with a Gundam, since 00.
Nov 29, 2015 4:06 AM

Apr 2015
DesuTronic said:

At first I thought that new blonde girl will be the spy but after that scene I guess it's Fumitan too.
It's nice to see Kudelia made up her mind so quickly.
I'm kinda worry about Tekkadan's future now. They keep on emphasizing this 'family' thing and it seems like death flag to me.
I'm not sure if there is any special meaning about Mika's name but it's kinda funny that his name basically can be translated as

CozattoNov 29, 2015 4:10 AM
Nov 29, 2015 4:42 AM

Aug 2010
"As long as u don't choose the wrong man" Is that some kinda bad vibe Foreshadowing?

Orga calling Naze Aniki was cute XD

Loved the Sakazuki. Really like Naze and his pops is pretty cool too.

Too much shade surrounding Fumitan :/

Can't wait to see Barbatos's full potential now that it has a good mechanic.

Atra flashbacks next ep? Now that they've left for Earth does that mean no Naze or Lafter for a while :(
Nov 29, 2015 4:50 AM

Aug 2014
Damn.. it just keeps getting better!!
Barbatos got an upgrade f**k yeah!!
Also, the dark skinned woman just hinted Atra about Mikazuki being the wrong person that she should really fall in love... Anyways, what is up with Fumitan? She is acting very suspicious
Furthermore, I am a bit scared of Kudelia though because she will end up doing something "stupid"

PS: Kudelia x Mikazuki
Nov 29, 2015 4:54 AM

Jul 2010
It's wonderful seeing a Gundam series that's actually brave enough to tread a new path instead of just rehashing the earlier entries, or just making a shonen battle series in Gundam paint.

4.5/5 for this episode (rounded up to 5/5).

When I say "a new path", I mean in terms of both narrative and pacing. This is the only Gundam series other than Turn A that has the confidence to tell its story without relying on constant mecha battles as a crutch.

IBO is also the first Gundam series in a while that's progressively building up and humanizing its cast, instead of progressively reducing them to cardboard cutouts while deifying the main character. SEED (Kira Yamato) and 00 (Setsuna F. Seiei) being the prime examples of that.

Keep it up, IBO. You're doing great.
Nov 29, 2015 4:57 AM

Jan 2009
the most awesome part of this episode for me is that the Barbatos Gundam will be upgraded and attain its full potential
Nov 29, 2015 4:57 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Agree with the post above. IBO is doing a great job of fleshing out its characters by showing, not saying. When the inevitable carnage starts, these will be characters you care about.

The score is still criminally low. When I see the score some other series this season have I cannot help but facepalm
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 29, 2015 5:03 AM

Feb 2014
This all feels like the calm before the storm. Its unusual for Gundam to have two completely chilled episodes.
Nov 29, 2015 5:05 AM

Nov 2007
One of the important characters will die in the hands of Ein. Those few seconds were a clear indication of that (as if it wasn't obvious enough).

Fumitan 'didn't' wear the matching locket Aina bought for her. We can be 80% sure by now that she is

They introduced another female character. We can give her the rest of the 20% for now.

Let's not mention about how the Tekkadan members look up to Orga as their leader. I will refrain from saying the same thing over and over again in IBO threads every week.

What's with Yamagi?

Also, Lafter. <3
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 29, 2015 5:17 AM

Feb 2015

Looks like Orga can't hold his liquor lol.

I ship it.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2015 5:18 AM

Sep 2015
Lol this episode trended when it aired

Drunk Orga is so cute XD

Also whoa! A blood oath (or the equivalent of it)? I hope this won't bring about their downfall in later episodes. Mikazuki learns the characters that make up his name (all kanji). Interesting, Naze used those characters to write Mika's last name... Meanwhile Atra got love advice from the lady, a bit too mature-themed but I don't think Atra realized.

Fumitan is still suspicious O.o
Ioryogi-kunNov 29, 2015 5:21 AM
Nov 29, 2015 5:42 AM

Jul 2013
Tokoya said:
And I wonder if that one dude that was salty over Naze's harem actually got laid last night lol

Both Eugene and Shino got laid last night lol.

Barion-Zara said:
Atra flashbacks next ep? Now that they've left for Earth does that mean no Naze or Lafter for a while :(

You can see Hammerhead following Isaribi at the end so we'll be seeing lots of them now... probably.

Great episode despite being a chill/breather episode once again. The writing is really great so far. Looks like those people who complaint about Okada Mari being the writer before need to eat their own words.

Nov 29, 2015 6:01 AM

Sep 2014
This episode is great.

That drunk Orga CUTE.
and that Barbatos frame was awesome.

Can't wait for the other Gundams that will appear in the future.
Xtrm124Nov 29, 2015 7:12 PM
Nov 29, 2015 6:35 AM

Nov 2013
SchwingBoner said:

I ship it.

She is one of naze's wives.
Nov 29, 2015 6:35 AM

Oct 2010
Nice story episode.
Let's see if siding with gangsters was a good idea :O for now they look cool.
But what if there were to be romance between a member of tekkadan and one of the wives of Naze (dat harem is so big...).
I guess that would be a problem haha.
Nov 29, 2015 7:09 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Lafter, why are you so hot? *_*

The shots on Fumitan this episode, she's suspicious.
Nov 29, 2015 7:13 AM

Aug 2013
Nice episode, it was pretty obvious since the beginning that Fumita is a traitor, there were a lot of hints and the way she acted was also suspicious. I hope we can see more character development on Kudelia and Atra, also hope to see more about the villlains.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Nov 29, 2015 7:23 AM
Jun 2015
Farabeuf said:
Agree with the post above. IBO is doing a great job of fleshing out its characters by showing, not saying. When the inevitable carnage starts, these will be characters you care about.

The score is still criminally low. When I see the score some other series this season have I cannot help but facepalm
Its probably because the pacing is too slow, this is like nagi no asukara where nothing interesting happens until episode 12. The main conflict also is barely explored at all and characters don't seem to act their role properly. Kudelia is supposed to be a high ranking politician figurehead and she is a mopey, exposition device that doesn't do shit.
Nov 29, 2015 7:27 AM

Mar 2014
Having watched SEED a couple of months ago, I am so glad that this show just takes a lot of time to develop and flesh out the characters instead of an obligatory fight scene every episode.

Can't wait to see the "new" barbatos
Nov 29, 2015 7:29 AM

Nov 2008
I can't wait to see how good Barbados looks and runs from that old coot upgrading it. Also Kudelia's decision was too predictable, she didn't need to think that through at all.

Lafter is sooo cute this episode.

Nov 29, 2015 7:36 AM

Jan 2014
Awww I love how everyone, especially the little kids from Tekkadan look up to Orga as a older Brother, or for the older kids, as a "Boss".

That ginger who stashed away those sweets to give the little kids later was so cute. And Orga passes out in front of him.

Dude BARABATOS looks so freaking cool even with just the frame.

I am absolutely in love with the Dual-MC IBO is going with.

Am I the only one who felt suspicious of the head of Teiwaz? He seemed a little too eager to take Aina's contract from Tekkadan. I got some bad vibes from him. Maybe he's going to sell her to the 4 Earth Blocs.

Fumitan is her usual suspicious self, no surprise there. She's def working for Gjallarhorn. F***ing spy. She didn't even wear the necklace Aina gave her.

The ep went by so fast. I really thought I was only 10 minutes in when the ed started.

11/10 just cause we got to see Orga drunk and Eugene and Norba get laid, lol.
Nov 29, 2015 7:48 AM

Dec 2014
I like how the Tekkadan members all look up to Orga as their leader.

Fumitan was acting suspicious, yet again. She just has to be a spy.
Nov 29, 2015 8:17 AM

Aug 2013
EasyGo-er said:

Great episode despite being a chill/breather episode once again. The writing is really great so far. Looks like those people who complaint about Okada Mari being the writer before need to eat their own words.

Well this is experience, some people forgot that she still working for years with great names of japanese animation and she will not be the same writer for some years ago...
Nov 29, 2015 8:25 AM

Jun 2008
Little Atra in the preview was so cute. Mika, too. I'm glad we'll get their (and probably Orga's) backstory at last.

Yamagi's acting like he's got a crush on Shino of all people... Weird.
Nov 29, 2015 8:32 AM
Oct 2012
"Turbines and Tekkadan will be brothers", well great the brotherhood just got bigger (with a harem on the side huehue) and Barbatos final version has appeared in the opening at last http://i.imgur.com/vxTlOVR.jpg?1 and Kudelia looked stunning as heck in that dress
Nov 29, 2015 8:35 AM
Oct 2012
DesuTronic said:

She seemed suspicious, especially with what she was typing when noone else was on the bridge. But it might just be her writing random shit.

I agree, Fumitan has been acting shady since a few episodes back and is likely Fareed AKA the chocolate man's spy
Xenogears1989Nov 29, 2015 7:47 PM
Nov 29, 2015 9:56 AM

Sep 2014
Im so happy Gundam has finally a great Series again :D
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 29, 2015 10:00 AM

Jul 2010
eXtacy67 said:
This all feels like the calm before the storm. Its unusual for Gundam to have two completely chilled episodes.

My thoughts exactly.
Nov 29, 2015 11:10 AM

Dec 2011
Sergei Smirnov became the leader of Teiwaz. >.<

Gosh the foreshadowing on Fumitan as a spy is too strong. I wonder if the girl who gave a handkerchief to Orga is the sister of the Chocolate Man?

Mikazuki liking the Japanese characters better than the alphabet. And also Kudelia bearing the weight of everybody, wherever she may go, there will be bloodshed.

Can't wait for the next Barbatos upgrade. It should be cool.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2015 11:27 AM

Jul 2014
God the timing of the music was so well done in the end. All these Fumita suspicions seems Strong and I hope the writers didnt have to make it so obvious. But i seriously love this show. This is my first GUNDAM so i wonder if all GUNDAM are like this. if they are.. then i ave been missin out
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Nov 29, 2015 11:50 AM

Sep 2012
Really liking the series so far.
Nov 29, 2015 12:04 PM

Aug 2013
abyss333 said:
God the timing of the music was so well done in the end. All these Fumita suspicions seems Strong and I hope the writers didnt have to make it so obvious. But i seriously love this show. This is my first GUNDAM so i wonder if all GUNDAM are like this. if they are.. then i ave been missin out

Of course that there some bad Gundams, but all of they are serious and have good and old Giant Robots smashing each other...
Nov 29, 2015 12:24 PM

Jun 2013
Orga calling Naze aniki was funny
Nov 29, 2015 12:28 PM

Jul 2010
abyss333 said:
This is my first GUNDAM so i wonder if all GUNDAM are like this. if they are.. then i ave been missin out

Unfortunately most Gundam isn't like IBO (in terms of writing/pacing), but if any is likely to be up your alley, I'd bet on it being Gundam 00.

So I'd recommend checking that out first. 00's almost universally considered the easiest Gundam for newcomers to get into, and its production values still blow away most anime released today.
Nov 29, 2015 1:01 PM

Apr 2014
orga drunk is cuteeeeee <3 so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sunakko-ch4nNov 29, 2015 1:04 PM
Nov 29, 2015 2:54 PM

Jul 2009
abyss333 said:

Nope they aren't, some of them are trash and should be avoided if you don't like too many mecha battles and some are nice and worthy to be watched, try watching Gundam 00 and 08th MS Team.

Man that scene with Fumitan and the other blonde woman rings a bell about who is the spy.

The scene with Olga drunk was funny and sad at the same time, this scene sounded more like a death flag than anything else.

Also dat music at the ending.
Jonny_MhlNov 29, 2015 3:06 PM
Nov 29, 2015 3:00 PM

Jun 2013
KKRais said:
abyss333 said:
This is my first GUNDAM so i wonder if all GUNDAM are like this. if they are.. then i ave been missin out

Unfortunately most Gundam isn't like IBO (in terms of writing/pacing), but if any is likely to be up your alley, I'd bet on it being Gundam 00.

So I'd recommend checking that out first. 00's almost universally considered the easiest Gundam for newcomers to get into, and its production values still blow away most anime released today.

Gundam 00 really doesn't share anything with this though, except for it being a standalone AU.

In terms of atmosphere, character focus, and just overall feeling, I'd say Turn-A would be the closest thing.
Nov 29, 2015 3:02 PM

Sep 2011
ex_necross said:
KKRais said:

Gundam 00 really doesn't share anything with this though, except for it being a standalone AU.

In terms of atmosphere, character focus, and just overall feeling, I'd say Turn-A would be the closest thing.
I dont think turn-A is anything like this outside of having alot of SOL, i dont think any other gundam is like turn-A

Hell IBO is a petty (welcome) departure from most of the other entires especially since its not focused on war (which only X really did which that one isnt even like this).

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 29, 2015 3:26 PM

Nov 2012
Really liked how we got to see Orga's "younger" side in these last few episodes, apart from the fact that people often refer to him as a 'kid' it can be easy to forget that he is still pretty young for a leader as he is so composed and forthright, we are never told his or anyone's age but I am guessing that he is somewhere between 19 and 22 years old.
Nov 29, 2015 4:02 PM
May 2015
90% sure Atra will die....and so will Fumitan (especially if spy thing is true)...Kudelia keeps showing she's not like other female gundam leads and I love it
Nov 29, 2015 4:06 PM
Jul 2018
Good to see Mika and the others had a little party.
Nov 29, 2015 4:26 PM

Mar 2013
I don't care if it's Kudelia or the new lady in that bar, but Orga better get laid by the end of this series, cuz I can't stop shipping that son of a bitch.
Nov 29, 2015 5:18 PM

Jan 2011
Ha you know those 2 got some that night ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) "worked up a sweat huh"

shit gonna hit the fan soon most likely
Nov 29, 2015 8:53 PM

Jan 2011
Rin said:
Really liking the series so far.

I concur. Still a long ways to go but I almost hope this story is 50 episodes in length green lighting a part two. Regardless I'm just glad to be enjoying a Gundam series again after what feels like forever after the last few installments.
Nov 29, 2015 9:16 PM

Feb 2012
Pretty much band of misfit orphaned kids from Mars join a space Mafia.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

160 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

285 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Yesterday, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

168 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.