Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 28, 2015 4:49 PM

Mar 2013
DateYutaka said:
zetsubousei_hero said:
FF13, you can literally press x to beat the game with that auto battle. Lighting as a character is pretty much the female Cloud. Story is not that memorable as past FF.

long gui says hi

Take that as a joke not being serious. The whole x thing was a shot at the auto-battle .
Nov 28, 2015 5:05 PM

Feb 2008
Thrashinuva said:
zetsubousei_hero said:
FF13, you can literally press x to beat the game with that auto battle.

This is literally impossible.

Makes me wonder how much people actually played the game, or maybe just watched it on youtube. Everybody says you just press one button, but that's only true for trash grunts. There are strong enemies that are impossible to beat with just auto battle, yet alone bosses. Was I doing something wrong? Since mashing X was never the best solution.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 28, 2015 5:12 PM

Feb 2010
People hate it for different reasons, mostly the linearity of the game.

I personally think the combat is bad, simply bad. The story and characters were alright until pulse, then in turn to shit, the ending is atrocious.
Nov 28, 2015 6:30 PM

Nov 2011
DateYutaka said:
while im not big far Fan of XII and the seuails the fact is i cannot belve that people are saying it was easy as a game in compare to XII XII oonly hard Boss was in ZJS the Judges
What about the one side boss who takes hours upon hours to defeat?
Nov 28, 2015 7:06 PM

Feb 2014
rebornnora said:
FF13 is my first final fantasy series i ever bought and i didnt regret a thing buying it. as in right now, im really a fan of FF13 series. from there on, i bought dissidia and other franchises as well. from what all the people say, most of them hate FF13. even Maximillion Dude hate lightning. (Lightning is my favorite animated female character)
why do some people hate this specific game? i love every single FF series and im not fucking lying.

XIII pretty much ruined exploration and story. The story premise was fine, but all that junk about "friendship makes me stronger!!!" was totally lame.

Gameplay wise, I found it too fast paced. I just spammed X on Attack and Ruinga. Magic felt ineffective.

The game looked relaly beautiful, though. I love Lake Bresha and Sunleth Waterscape.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Nov 28, 2015 7:13 PM
Apr 2008
Uninteresting side content and its very linear till the end of the game with a confusing story
Nov 28, 2015 8:02 PM

Dec 2011
Syrup- said:
Thrashinuva said:

How much denial you're in is how big of a problem it is.
But he's right. Ashe is the main character, and Vaan is just the self-insert you see the world through. Balthier is the leading man!

Vaan was also created to appeal to the game's "target demographic", make of that what you will. I haven't played FF12 (yet) so I can't comment on Vaan himself, but I think Thrashinuva's issue is with the character himself, and that he's the player character instead of someone like Balthier or whatever.

ZetaZaku said:
Thrashinuva said:

This is literally impossible.

Makes me wonder how much people actually played the game, or maybe just watched it on youtube. Everybody says you just press one button, but that's only true for trash grunts. There are strong enemies that are impossible to beat with just auto battle, yet alone bosses. Was I doing something wrong? Since mashing X was never the best solution.

This whole "press X to win every fight" bullshit is just a stupid meme spread by morons who clearly played no more than 30 minutes of the game, if they even bothered to play it in the first place. Regarding FF13's combat, yes the autobattle option makes the game incredibly boring despite how flashy and colorful it is, but there's obviously more to it than that, especially with the eidolon boss fights. I can sort of understand what they were going for with the paradigm system, but it fell flat due to lacking direct control over your party members. Squeenix should have devoted more time and effort into tweaking the gameplay instead of shooting their loads over the purdy graphics and clusterfuck of a story.
ExampleZNov 28, 2015 8:20 PM
Nov 28, 2015 8:21 PM

Feb 2010
People are still in denial about vaan being the main character?

He's the poster boy for FF12 in all three dissidia games.
Nov 28, 2015 8:24 PM
Mar 2011
Waifu_Strangler said:
DateYutaka said:
while im not big far Fan of XII and the seuails the fact is i cannot belve that people are saying it was easy as a game in compare to XII XII oonly hard Boss was in ZJS the Judges

y can battle him in shifts cuase how the core combar work unile suoer bosses on other FF Games FFXII aloows midd battke save scumming hace why the boss in question is not hard
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Nov 28, 2015 9:06 PM

Nov 2011
Vanisher said:
People are still in denial about vaan being the main character?

He's the poster boy for FF12 in all three dissidia games.
I only played FF 12 none of the sequels but I definitely saw him as the main character and yeah I hated him but tbh it doesn't matter who the main character was because they all sucked tbh.
Nov 28, 2015 9:07 PM

Nov 2011
DateYutaka said:
Waifu_Strangler said:

y can battle him in shifts cuase how the core combar work unile suoer bosses on other FF Games FFXII aloows midd battke save scumming hace why the boss in question is not hard

It's hard not to get bored and fed up with fighting him though.
Nov 28, 2015 11:47 PM

Feb 2014
Waifu_Strangler said:
DateYutaka said:

Yiazmat?

I Gameshark'ed that one. Gave myself infinite HP and commenced whack-a-mole. I ain't got the patience for a 5 hour boss fight.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Nov 29, 2015 12:11 AM
Mar 2011
yosimba2000 said:
Waifu_Strangler said:

Yiazmat?

I Gameshark'ed that one. Gave myself infinite HP and commenced whack-a-mole. I ain't got the patience for a 5 hour boss fight.

your lazy
Waifu_Strangler said:
DateYutaka said:

i beat him in 2 hours in three shifts
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Nov 29, 2015 12:26 AM

Jan 2013
You guys are joking right?

Yiazmat is not a hard boss, just an unnecessarily long and tedious boss.

The guy who designed the superboss should have been fired on the spot for making boredom its main mechanic.
PeenusWeenusCaimNov 29, 2015 12:31 AM
Nov 29, 2015 2:07 AM
Mar 2011
CaimTheJoyful said:

The guy who designed the superboss should have been fired on the spot for making boredom its main mechanic.

i agree caim

Nov 29, 2015 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
CaimTheJoyful said:

No one said he was hard. I said he was so long to fight its hard not to get bored and fed up with fighting him.
Nov 29, 2015 11:32 AM

Nov 2012
FFXIII had a good combat system once it opened up and started letting you use summons and paradigm shifts to manage your fights, but without much else to do besides run in a straight line and fight, it gets repetitive quickly, and the overly melodramatic story that never earns its sentimentality doesn't help it either. Previous FF games did not suffer from the levels of tedium and bad dialogue as FFXIII did.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Nov 29, 2015 12:09 PM

Feb 2014
DateYutaka said:
yosimba2000 said:

Yiazmat?

your lazy

:D

Well on the upside, that was the only time I ever cheated in FFXII. Well actually at the same time I gave myself all items and equips. 99 Masamune, anyone?

Shadowseer was the most exciting hunt, IMO. So many summoned bosses, and he kept me on the edge of total wipe when my party was at level 70 or so.

I still have yet to fight Omega Mark XII.
-Walt Whitman

-Robert A. Heinlein
Nov 29, 2015 9:09 PM

Feb 2008
For such a hated game, it sure has a lot of positive reviews on Steam. 4.2k out of 5.7k reviews are positive. Almost looks like people started liking the game once it hit PC (and it was a mediocre port too)

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 29, 2015 11:20 PM

Nov 2011
ZetaZaku said:
For such a hated game, it sure has a lot of positive reviews on Steam. 4.2k out of 5.7k reviews are positive. Almost looks like people started liking the game once it hit PC (and it was a mediocre port too)
Is it safe to assume it got good rating just for being a mainline Final Fantasy?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

25 by Otakupervert890 »»
2 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3502 by Lost_Viking »»
6 hours ago

» Sega's Golden Axe video games series gets a cartoon adaptation

tchitchouan - Apr 17

2 by DesuMaiden »»
9 hours ago

» Out of all the Mario games which did you play the most recently

KiraraFan - Apr 9

25 by SnipeStrike »»
10 hours ago

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Apr 17

18 by FanofAction »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.