-male protagonist (main) with a power
-1 to 40 episodes may exceed to 50 regardless of seasons
-avoid gore and horror type
-later 2004
Anime_XHNov 29, 2015 11:31 AM
Immortality is when you live forever in people's heart not in their sight
Nov 26, 2015 10:29 AM

Feb 2013
since you seem to like mature animes try fate zero ( i was hooked from the beginning, not everyone is since it has a slow start, but its awesome)
story: 7 mages who are choosen by the holy grail participate in the holy grail war. everyone gets 1 extreme strong servant who is known through legends like king arhur, alexander the great or heracles. and they fight in a tag team death battle for the holy grail, everyone uses different tactics to win it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jntnaTm9QKo (amv)

kiseijuu (it has some gore in it to be honest, but from watching the animes you have seen i think you might like it, it is a very mature action anime with an mc who grows, well it has some gore :/)
parasytes take over humans and feed on them. 1 failed to take over the mc and is stun in his hand, they need to cooperate to surrive, not to show this to humans and fight off some parasytes ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WIwgEHWjE8 (amv) (dont watch it past 1.30 it has heavy spoilers later)
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Nov 26, 2015 10:31 AM

Sep 2012
Blast of Tempest
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2015 10:32 AM

Feb 2013
monogatari series (no idea if you like it but its unique, it is a dialogue driven show, but the dialogues are sooo funny often) order: bakemonogatari (15 ep) > nisemonogatari (12 eps) > nekomonogatari (4 eps)> monogatari 2nd season (24 eps) > tsukimonogatari (4 eps) > owarimonogatari (12 eps) > hanamonogatari (4eps)
it has over 50 but you can do after every season a break without any problems ^^
this series is very unique
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn1YBiBnoAQ (example scene)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1yCBBvrcTY (you need to actives subs in this, another example scene)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQR36vY7UEw (example scene)

also hunter x hunter 2011 (but it has 148 eps i think. well its still the most mature action shounen, just first 4 eps look childish )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsrX9dIcsX4 (Amv about 1 of the 2 mcs)
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Nov 26, 2015 11:31 AM
Nov 2014
Kamisama Hajimemashita

Its my #1 favorite anime! You'll get hooked in a second!
Nov 26, 2015 11:32 AM

Mar 2014
Gangsta.
Nov 26, 2015 12:07 PM
Jan 2015
Shingeki no Kyojin (although it does have its fair share of gore)
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Fate/Zero
Zetsuen no Tempest
Magi (both seasons)
Nov 26, 2015 3:15 PM

Aug 2015
Millennial said:
Shingeki no Kyojin (although it does have its fair share of gore)
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Fate/Zero
Zetsuen no Tempest
Magi (both seasons)

Those, and:
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
The fullmetal series is actually pretty popular, and I enjoyed it too a lot :). It's about two brothers, Edward Elric and Alphonse Elric, who practices alchemy but one day commits a taboo, causing Alphonse to lose his body and Edward to lose his body parts. They later grow up to become state alchemist and then go on an adventure to find their body, which makes them cross paths with various enemies and allies. It's 64 episodes btw :P

Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
The art style might be unsettling for you, but I would still recommend watching it; it has a great storyline and is also very manly XD. There's three seasons with about ....a total of 70 episodes? Anyways, the story's about Jojo, who fights his enemy Dio with the power of Hamon, the power of the sun. Dio uses the power of the blood.....and yeah, the result is a lot of manly but awesome fights. The Jojo legacy is passed on through his descendants, and so there are about 4 parts animated thus far with a new part coming up next year.

Toaru Majutsu no Index (+Toaru Kagaku no Railgun)
I would recommend Railgun, but since you insist on a male protagonist, you can watch Index. It's about Touma, who lives in Academy City (a city full of *scientific espers*) but has no power at all. So, he's judged by everyone, but he has a ability to deflect any esper power and magic. He later comes in contact with the magic world, which is controlled by the Church, as he meets Index, a human grimoire library. So he continues fighting with various people to protect Index and various other people.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2015 5:03 PM

Jun 2015
FullMetal Alchemist 2003 & Brotherhood
Naruto & Shippudden
Darker Than Black & Meteor of The Gemini
Berserk
Sword Art Online
YuGiOh
Nichijou
All Harems :D

A Lot of Anime start off Strong
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost."
Nov 26, 2015 5:31 PM

Aug 2015
Trigun and Ghost in the Shell SAC immediately come to mind
Nov 26, 2015 5:34 PM

Jul 2014
Since Death Parade is on your PTW, I definitely suggest watching that one soon. It's very mature and has a beautiful art style with unique and intriguing characters and a captivating plot. Plus, the music is sensational <3 It's one of my favorite anime.

More topics from this board

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
39 minutes ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

71 by rikkaheh »»
4 hours ago

» Watched one episode but forgot the name

Snailsoup - 8 hours ago

2 by Snailsoup »»
8 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Apr 23

8 by Wakarimas-en »»
11 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - 11 hours ago

0 by MeZaDefined »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.