Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 25, 2015 3:45 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I saw this movie yesterday, and I thought it was great~

The plot is a little contrived (basically the promise to not close their school after the girls' victory isn't upheld and after some string pulling on the part of the President they have another chance to save their school by defeating a university level team) but it was really entertaining. It sounds cheesy but the film (and the series preceding it) have a lot of heart. The characters manage to be so endearing.

The animation was amazing, and the tank matches did not disappoint. Some of the stuff the tanks do seem really impossible though XD. Miho is such a good strategist.

I thought it was really cute how all the other schools "transferred" to Ooarai to help them in the match (and even wore the uniforms lol). Also, Miho and her sister having a good relationship was nice to watch, especially with the flashbacks to their childhood.

Also all the stuff with the bear (Boko) was hilarious. That decrepit theme park they went to was cute and disturbing. I thought it was closed at first because of how run down it was.
Gar_LoganNov 25, 2015 3:50 AM
Nov 25, 2015 6:20 AM

Dec 2014
where to watch this anime T.T

Nov 27, 2015 1:47 AM

Jul 2008
Anonifide said:

http://girls-und-panzer.jp/theater.html
Dec 2, 2015 9:51 PM
Jun 2009
GarLogan78 said:
Anonifide said:

http://girls-und-panzer.jp/theater.html

Some of the artworks are done by Shimada Fumikane right?
Dec 3, 2015 1:43 AM
Nov 2009
Saw the movie twice, once last night and again this morning. I fell asleep the first time. Not because it was boring or anything but because I was insanely jet lagged, hahaha.

Anyways, the movie was GREAT. A whole lot better than I expected. More than half the movie was pure tank battles. Did not disappoint.

Love the freebies they gave out, I don't play World of Tanks but the Katyusha themed tank is hilarious.
Dec 5, 2015 2:08 PM
Mar 2015
The animation of beginning eight minutes of the movie was shown.
It is unknown whether you are seen from the country except Japan

http://www.b-ch.com/ttl/index.php?ttl_c=3463&mvc=3_33132_0_0
Dec 5, 2015 8:16 PM

May 2012
junmyk said:
The animation of beginning eight minutes of the movie was shown.
It is unknown whether you are seen from the country except Japan

http://www.b-ch.com/ttl/index.php?ttl_c=3463&mvc=3_33132_0_0

I don't think it's the very beginning of the movie but a part of it.

Well, it was posted on Youtube but for how long it will be up there is the question. But for now...

Dec 6, 2015 1:46 AM

Mar 2015
LOL at what I assume to be a team of all-Japanese tanks from the clip.

Say what you will about the rest of the country's military at the time, but their tanks were baaaad. xD

Can't wait until I can watch this movie tho...
Dec 6, 2015 8:08 AM
Nov 2009
zenjamibu said:

I don't think it's the very beginning of the movie but a part of it.

Well, it was posted on Youtube but for how long it will be up there is the question. But for now...

There is about maybe 3-5 minutes of the movie before this. But technically it is a part of the very beginning of the movie. It may get taken down, but the video seems to be official especially with the official water mark.

the ending theme was great
Dec 6, 2015 12:23 PM
May 2015
Congress said:

Say what you will about the rest of the country's military at the time, but their tanks were baaaad.

I don't think anybody is going to deny that the Japanese had the worst tanks in WW2. Maybe because, they fought in the Pacific and South-East Asia against the US with their Imperial Japanese Air Force and IJN (Imperial Japanese Navy) which were pretty good btw.
jc9622Dec 6, 2015 12:27 PM

Dec 7, 2015 9:27 PM

Feb 2015
So does anybody know if GuP is over?.....or do I have hopes for a few more knick-knacks from them.
Momo's Loving Husband
Dec 9, 2015 3:44 AM

May 2012
Bandai Visual's Youtube channel officially released the 8 min. clip from the GuP der Film today.

Dec 9, 2015 8:02 AM
Feb 2014
zenjamibu said:
Bandai Visual's Youtube channel officially released the 8 min. clip from the GuP der Film today.

3:55 Katyusha doesn't speak Russian LOL...
Dec 10, 2015 2:11 AM

Mar 2015
jc9622 said:
Congress said:

Say what you will about the rest of the country's military at the time, but their tanks were baaaad.

I don't think anybody is going to deny that the Japanese had the worst tanks in WW2. Maybe because, they fought in the Pacific and South-East Asia against the US with their Imperial Japanese Air Force and IJN (Imperial Japanese Navy) which were pretty good btw.

Oh, of course, the IJN was no laughing matter. Having the largest battleships in history has to be worth something.

zenjamibu said:

:O

Pershings!!! 'MURICA
Dec 19, 2015 1:19 PM
Dec 2013
Hmmmm I assume the movie will need to sold as DVD before we're gonna see a translation? Been looking forward to this for a while.
Dec 23, 2015 2:32 PM
Mar 2015
Dec 26, 2015 3:31 AM

Jan 2014
Anyone knows where can I watch this with subtitles?
Dec 28, 2015 7:18 PM

Apr 2011
That 8 min. clip got me hyped. I'm so excited to watch this. If it comes out on the web.
Dec 29, 2015 3:27 PM

Sep 2015
blenderben said:
Saw the movie twice, once last night and again this morning. I fell asleep the first time. Not because it was boring or anything but because I was insanely jet lagged, hahaha.

Anyways, the movie was GREAT. A whole lot better than I expected. More than half the movie was pure tank battles. Did not disappoint.

Love the freebies they gave out, I don't play World of Tanks but the Katyusha themed tank is hilarious.

Any idea on how to get the freebies, I play WoT so I'm interested :D
Can't wait for the sub, because I have been dying to see it and the 8 minute clip just got me really excited.
Jan 5, 2016 3:20 AM

Oct 2008
zcv45 said:
blenderben said:

Can't wait for the sub, because I have been dying to see it and the 8 minute clip just got me really excited.

Not sure if it's the same, but most of GuP released mods are gathered on NA forums: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/398152-0913-girls-und-panzer-the-new-mod-collection/page__st__1020#topmost
Me (Sanya) and Nishizumi are from EU GUP clan, but try to keep it updated~ =w=
Jan 18, 2016 9:47 PM

Aug 2012
Loved this, saw it 2x and went to Oarai again!
Jan 27, 2016 4:09 AM
Jan 2016
Anyone know if/when the movie will be out on DVD in North America? I'll watch it on Crunchyroll when it's available but I'd also like to pick up a hard copy at some point.
Feb 24, 2016 5:23 PM
Nov 2009
I just remembered the credits song was really good and I am listening to it again. Reminded me how much I liked the movie. So I came back here. :P

zcv45 said:

I'd be more than happy to give you my extra Katsuya if you want. It only works on JP WoT though :\
blenderbenFeb 24, 2016 5:28 PM
Feb 25, 2016 2:33 PM

Sep 2015
blenderben said:
I just remembered the credits song was really good and I am listening to it again. Reminded me how much I liked the movie. So I came back here. :P

zcv45 said:

I'd be more than happy to give you my extra Katsuya if you want. It only works on JP WoT though :\

Ohh that's ashamed, I'm on NA WoT
Mar 30, 2016 1:55 PM
Apr 2015
The Blu-Ray has been released... any helpful links to stream the movie??
I don't mind subbed or raw.
Mar 30, 2016 8:39 PM

May 2012
^The movie isn't out on BD and DVD in Japan yet. The release date for it is on May 27, 2016.
Mar 31, 2016 10:48 AM
Apr 2015
today is March 31, 2016 :|
Apr 28, 2016 1:59 AM
Dec 2015
GarLogan78 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

The plot is a little contrived (basically the promise to not close their school after the girls' victory isn't upheld and after some string pulling on the part of the President they have another chance to save their school by defeating a university level team) but it was really entertaining. It sounds cheesy but the film (and the series preceding it) have a lot of heart. The characters manage to be so endearing.

The animation was amazing, and the tank matches did not disappoint. Some of the stuff the tanks do seem really impossible though XD. Miho is such a good strategist.

I thought it was really cute how all the other schools "transferred" to Ooarai to help them in the match (and even wore the uniforms lol). Also, Miho and her sister having a good relationship was nice to watch, especially with the flashbacks to their childhood.

Also all the stuff with the bear (Boko) was hilarious. That decrepit theme park they went to was cute and disturbing. I thought it was closed at first because of how run down it was.

Seriously all the previous people she fight with in the nationals transferred to Ooarai. Is that really True or was that just made up by watching the trailer. Just was wondering if there is actual prof to that on the net yet is all. Though I have to say that's pretty interesting none the less. Also if they do transfer do they get to keep there tanks or have to use tanks that Ooarai has? I thought the tanks the others used was school only tanks is why i'm asking so I thought they wouldn't be able to take them with them if they transferred.
Apr 28, 2016 7:22 AM

Jul 2008
Masterrazor said:
GarLogan78 said:

Seriously all the previous people she fight with in the nationals transferred to Ooarai. Is that really True or was that just made up by watching the trailer. Just was wondering if there is actual prof to that on the net yet is all. Though I have to say that's pretty interesting none the less. Also if they do transfer do they get to keep there tanks or have to use tanks that Ooarai has? I thought the tanks the others used was school only tanks is why i'm asking so I thought they wouldn't be able to take them with them if they transferred.

I saw the movie. Based on my memory, the transfer was something the other schools did out of good faith to give Ooarai the numbers they needed to face the other team.

I don't remember specifics about the tanks. It has been like 5 months.
Apr 28, 2016 1:39 PM
Dec 2015
GarLogan78 said:
Masterrazor said:

I saw the movie. Based on my memory, the transfer was something the other schools did out of good faith to give Ooarai the numbers they needed to face the other team.

Well that's interesting I won't ask much more don't want any spoilers before seeing the movie myself. None the less it's still pretty interesting.
May 4, 2016 8:33 AM
Sep 2011
Masterrazor said:
GarLogan78 said:

Ac
Masterrazor said:
GarLogan78 said:

Well that's interesting I won't ask much more don't want any spoilers before seeing the movie myself. None the less it's still pretty interesting.

Actually it's not so serious spoiler, so...
Seeking for the essence of every important lessons in the film.
May 6, 2016 1:38 AM
Dec 2015
kemkemmers said:
Masterrazor said:

Ac
Masterrazor said:

Actually it's not so serious spoiler, so...

Well that's nice i guess, but i wonder if the transfer is temporary or not, but i guess if it tells you in the movie i'll wait to fine out then.
May 15, 2016 2:04 AM

May 2008
Masterrazor said:
Well that's nice i guess, but i wonder if the transfer is temporary or not, but i guess if it tells you in the movie i'll wait to fine out then.

Just watched the movie. Thank goodness it's available in Hong Kong too now. Silly and over-the-top battle scenes as expected, but it's one of a good laugh and pretty action packed. Lots of little WW2 references here and there just like the TV anime.
May 19, 2016 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
did they bring back the maus
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
May 27, 2016 9:15 AM

Aug 2008
ernst said:

Nope, just tigers and panthers.
May 27, 2016 3:27 PM

Oct 2014
I also thought the movie was great, like no regrets. Though, the story did have some holes but you know what they say: it's girls on tanks, nothing more, nothing less.

Is it Jatkosota High School, Keizoku High School or both? Either way, the scene where they rocked out the BT-42 was my most favorite. I don't know why, but it felt so epic and out of this world xd (if you see the link, it contains spoilers!)

You can't forget some throwbacks from the first season though!
StewdellMay 27, 2016 3:32 PM
May 27, 2016 7:09 PM

Nov 2011
Ustnap said:
ernst said:

why? I thought it could have been an awesome ally tank kinda like a secret weapon.
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
May 27, 2016 7:40 PM

Mar 2013
ernst said:
Ustnap said:

why? I thought it could have been an awesome ally tank kinda like a secret weapon.

Like what, the T95?

Or the TOG II*?

Actually they should have put the TOG in there, since the TOG is like... the ultimate meme tank.

May 27, 2016 9:47 PM

Oct 2014
ernst said:
Ustnap said:

Wait til you see the BT-42 in action xd. My guess is that they can't really put up any surprise weapons if they asked for help at the last minute. My friend asked the same question and I was thinking that they needed something mobile for everyone so that they can regroup when needed, but yeah, a nice surprising toy would be cool

fst said:
ernst said:

Like what, the T95?

Or the TOG II*?

Actually they should have put the TOG in there, since the TOG is like... the ultimate meme tank.

lol, TOGS are watercrafts! Speaking of World of Tanks, I saw on the credits and it had Wargaming Japan, the guys behind World of Tanks. The producers probably asked for help from them or something? Or probably just that promotion stuff
May 27, 2016 10:24 PM
May 2016
is that a bertha gun, sherman, chaffe, and t95?
May 27, 2016 10:59 PM

Aug 2008
Esagani_Echavez said:
is that a bertha gun, sherman, chaffe, and t95?

If you're referring to the Daigaku Senbatsu team's tanks, they have 24 pershings, 3 chaffees, a centurion, a t95, and the mighty KARL. :)
May 28, 2016 1:24 AM

Jul 2010
‎‎‎‎‎
pancyanMar 14, 2023 10:34 AM
May 28, 2016 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
fst said:
ernst said:

Like what, the T95?

Or the TOG II*?

from what I've seen in the wiki, Maus > T95 & TOG 2 (and as mentioned watercraft)
ernstMay 28, 2016 5:35 AM
May 28, 2016 8:05 AM

Mar 2013
ernst said:

from what I've seen in the wiki, Maus > T95 & TOG 2 (and as mentioned watercraft)

Perhaps that is the case if one is a massive wehraboo

The truth is they're all garbage tanks that were never mass produced for good reasons.
May 28, 2016 11:12 AM

Oct 2014
fst said:
ernst said:

Perhaps that is the case if one is a massive wehraboo

The truth is they're all garbage tanks that were never mass produced for good reasons.

In real life, they are quite the trash indeed. But in GuP, they fascinate me. Except for the part where they just "garbaged" the T95,

And it wasn't just the T95 that was garbaged in the movie, there were also some tanks that basically had their spotlight stolen
May 28, 2016 7:15 PM

Sep 2013
Movie was an enjoyable ride, faux tank-physics and all.

Can we talk about how over-animated the flashback scene with Miho & her sister was? It had ALL the frames. Oh, I'm not complaining - it was bloody beautiful. Weird that that sticks out to me more than the tank battles, but that final confrontation was a badass close second, tanks-on-coasters being third.
May 28, 2016 7:27 PM

Aug 2009
It was wonderful. A perfect movie for every fan. I don't like dishing out 10/10 easily, but for this movie, I just have to do it.
May 28, 2016 7:59 PM
Nov 2010
Man that was a great movie! and damn Klara, Nonna and KV-tan are just total Ba's
That whole russian part with Katyusha was just so freaking amazing.
MrJcMay 28, 2016 8:03 PM
May 28, 2016 9:09 PM

Aug 2014
Fucking glorious movie. Wasted no time on bullshit and as ridiculous as ever. Almost every team got to shine, even the lesser team had great moments. Ferris wheel-chan was a cutie. The epitome of moe saving anime again.
Sieg Zeon!
May 28, 2016 9:14 PM

Oct 2014
baka_tyranno said:
Movie was an enjoyable ride, faux tank-physics and all.

Can we talk about how over-animated the flashback scene with Miho & her sister was? It had ALL the frames. Oh, I'm not complaining - it was bloody beautiful. Weird that that sticks out to me more than the tank battles, but that final confrontation was a badass close second, tanks-on-coasters being third.

That's what I noticed too while I was watching! I was like "dang, this scene has a lot of frames with the body movement and all," lol
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Finnish Commander is hot

GnomeKiller112 - May 31, 2017

2 by jieanteater »»
Feb 8, 2023 6:42 PM

» [SPOILER] The Incredible (amount of) Trivia Thread ( 1 2 3 4 )

kemkemmers - Jun 6, 2016

150 by Guderyukari »»
Feb 27, 2021 12:32 PM

» SHould I watch the movie without watching the prequel TV series?

Akiteck - Jul 4, 2016

4 by MrGarland »»
Apr 30, 2020 11:54 PM

» Time until dubbed?

TheOnlyRyan - Sep 5, 2015

7 by TheOnlyRyan »»
Feb 15, 2017 7:57 AM

» Girls und Panzer

HecticLeo - Dec 17, 2016

0 by HecticLeo »»
Dec 17, 2016 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.