Forum Settings
Forums

New Volume of Light Novel 'Zero no Tsukaima' to be Released in 2016

New
Nov 24, 2015 7:21 PM

Jul 2009
Light novel publishing label MF Bunko J announced on Wednesday that it will release the 21st volume of the Zero no Tsukaima fantasy comedy series on February 25, 2016. It will be the first new volume to be published in five years.

Its author Noboru Yamaguchi died of cancer in 2013, having completed 20 of the 22 planned volumes. An unidentified new author is now writing content based on manuscripts left behind by Yamaguchi. Eiji Usatsuka, who has drawn illustrations for the series since it began in 2004, will return to illustrate the cover art of the 21st volume (pictured).

Zero no Tsuikama has been adapted into four TV anime series. Seven Seas Entertainment licensed the light novels in English in 2007 but later canceled it due to publishing costs with its light novel imprint. It later licensed the manga adaptation.

Source: Mantan Web
arsonalNov 24, 2015 9:41 PM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Nov 24, 2015 7:22 PM

Nov 2011
Started reading this a few months ago. Well, hope the series will wrap this up without a big question mark soon.
Nov 24, 2015 7:29 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Finally.....now there would be a chance for Zero no Tsukaima 5th season anime! Probably it would take 2 years or more but no problem, as long as the chance isn't zero at all.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 24, 2015 7:31 PM

Sep 2013
Just wrap it up in 2 or 3 volumes the best way possible, no need to prolong it since the author died.
Nov 24, 2015 7:42 PM

Jun 2014
Definitely interesting. I wonder how faithful the mysterious "successor" author is going to be compared to the original, especially at a crucial point in the story where it's about to end.

Times have changed, and I'm pretty sure that, from a retroperspective, they're going to be changing a lot of things that were initially laid out by Noboru. I do hope they stick to it as close as possible.
Nov 24, 2015 8:02 PM

Jun 2012
ichii_1 said:
Just wrap it up in 2 or 3 volumes the best way possible, no need to prolong it since the author died.

Well it says there were 2 more planned novels originally.
Nov 24, 2015 8:57 PM

Mar 2012
No thanks, i like the ending from season 4 and it felt like closure ending to me.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Nov 24, 2015 9:02 PM

Nov 2014
Why?

Nov 24, 2015 9:05 PM
Nov 2013
It's my favorite fantasy series of all time, and I never thought it would ever continue, but wow, I still can't believe it's coming back, even after all that's happened. I was thoroughly satisfied with the ending that was given, but I'm hyped to see what else Yamaguchi had in store, assuming it's made faithfully in the way he intended.
Nov 25, 2015 12:02 AM

Mar 2013
wouldnt mind watching it if it get new anime adaption though
i never really like it :/
Nov 25, 2015 12:27 AM

Oct 2011
What!!! More Zero no Tsukaima OMG <333

Hope for an anime someday
Nov 25, 2015 12:56 AM
Dec 2011
RayAdha said:
Finally.....now there would be a chance for Zero no Tsukaima 5th season anime! Probably it would take 2 years or more but no problem, as long as the chance isn't zero at all.
The ending of the anime was based on the planned ending of the LN, so there won't be another season.
Nov 25, 2015 1:00 AM
Sep 2014
This was good for the fans, but i hope they're not ruining the story from the original autor
Nov 25, 2015 4:11 AM
Nov 2015
i love this series But i HATE louise

SLAP A BITCH

Saito why did you pick her out of all the other

hell why could of picked Charlotte or Siesta
Nov 25, 2015 9:24 AM

Jun 2010
I'll sure read it when a translation eventually comes out but I'm not really that thrilled for it.
Noboru-sensei was a genius and I'm a huge fan of his work. His work, his style, his own writing, not something someone else will pull out.
While this stubbornness(?) may leave me with a forever incomplete novel series, I'm fine with it. Volumes 18~20 already hint what the ending might be.
He was dueling cancer for a couple of years before his death on 2013, so he left notes and talked to his editors how he wanted the story to end. These notes that now will be used to complete the novels (also mentioned on the OP) were also lengthily discussed with J.C.Staff, who worked close together with him to give a wonderful closure for ZnT F, even when half of the later volumes weren't faithfully adapted or some arcs completely skipped.
It's like two different endings for the same story, I'm happy with watching one and imagining the other ;)
Nov 25, 2015 9:33 AM

Feb 2012
Nice of them to honor the late author, and good for the fans.

Hope the series have a good conclusion after they finish releasing all the volumes they have planned.
Nov 25, 2015 10:45 AM

Aug 2013
This is good to hear. It's nice that the novels will finally be completed.
Nov 25, 2015 11:04 AM

May 2013
Wouldn't mind if there will come a new season ^ ^
Nov 25, 2015 1:54 PM
Nov 2013
AP24 said:
RayAdha said:
The ending of the anime was based on the planned ending of the LN, so there won't be another season.

Are you sure? I've never heard of that being the case. Not that I mind, I liked the ending a lot. Just if that's true then I don't know when these novels would take place in regards to the story.
Nov 25, 2015 2:03 PM

Oct 2013
Should have just left it al;one. The new author better know what there doing but usualyy when things change hand then the shit literally becomes shit!
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Nov 25, 2015 2:47 PM

Aug 2015
ohhhhhhhhh
Nov 25, 2015 4:07 PM

Jun 2010
ZachM said:
AP24 said:

Are you sure? I've never heard of that being the case. Not that I mind, I liked the ending a lot. Just if that's true then I don't know when these novels would take place in regards to the story.

The novels are pretty much in a completely different pacing and setting of where season 4 ended. There's a lot of stuff between s3 and s4 that wasn't animated due to the length (and this goes all the way from volume 14 if I'm not mistaken). For starters, the whole Holy War was compressed in a couple of episodes while in the novels it takes several volumes.
There's also a huge arc that was cut out where Louise joins the ranks to fight and erases Saito from her memory and some DRAMA stuff.
These new volumes won't continue from where the anime left, it's a totally different storyline.
Nov 25, 2015 5:51 PM
Dec 2011
xbobx said:
ZachM said:

The novels are pretty much in a completely different pacing and setting of where season 4 ended. There's a lot of stuff between s3 and s4 that wasn't animated due to the length (and this goes all the way from volume 14 if I'm not mistaken). For starters, the whole Holy War was compressed in a couple of episodes while in the novels it takes several volumes.
There's also a huge arc that was cut out where Louise joins the ranks to fight and erases Saito from her memory and some DRAMA stuff.
These new volumes won't continue from where the anime left, it's a totally different storyline.
Yeah, basically Season 4 Ep 1-8 were based on Vol 13-20 and I assume Ep 9-12 were based on the planned Vol 21-22.
Nov 26, 2015 11:11 AM
Nov 2015
If they do a remake of the whole series with better animation and music (like, Sawano quality) assuming they decide to return to the anime world, I can easily say the series will be flawless. Zero no Tsukamia-Crystal Edition...... Oh, I can see it now!
Nov 26, 2015 10:18 PM

Feb 2009
That feel, when ZnT will be finished, Misfits will not...
Nov 30, 2015 8:50 AM

Mar 2010
Old news for me by now but yes!! Excited

And the 4th season is the final and last season they announced that so i doubt there will be another season. Maybe an ova if we are lucky.. Would be great to see more of louise in saitos world.

I believe the one who took over writing the last novels was close to the author and worked together im sure he can grasps the ideas plus the author left a lot of notes before he passed away so there are guidelines.

I liked the series but i didnt like how they made louises development s lot less.. Reason i liked S4 the most being more accurate and all.. And no random tsun moments. But well louise is still a tsundere with tsun moments :P and im still in love with her and i dunno why.. Cause i hate her too for being so abusive but i just imagine if saito had balls then louise would be so different and go more dere..
Feb 18, 2016 5:00 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Almost there.. Then we just to w8t for translation.
Apr 12, 2016 3:07 AM
Apr 2016
Any new updates with this anime?
Jul 18, 2016 1:57 PM
Jul 2016
Most likley there will not be a another season because how the novel and the 4th season are related and besides the author died and that the 4th season was announced that it would be the final, But its most likely that they will come out with a OVA or some for of animation formate because of how popular the actual anime was. Well what am i talking about lol. You really never know because seriously look at boku no exorcist for example. Alot of people said there would never be another season, but theres one being launched in 2017 though it was a wopping 6 years apart.
Jul 18, 2016 8:32 PM
Dec 2011
Final volume is coming out in February 2017.
Jul 20, 2016 7:46 PM
Mar 2015
Chloe-tsundere said:

And the 4th season is the final and last season they announced that so i doubt there will be another season. Maybe an ova if we are lucky.. Would be great to see more of louise in saitos world.

I believe the one who took over writing the last novels was close to the author and worked together im sure he can grasps the ideas plus the author left a lot of notes before he passed away so there are guidelines.

I liked the series but i didnt like how they made louises development s lot less.. Reason i liked S4 the most being more accurate and all.. And no random tsun moments. But well louise is still a tsundere with tsun moments :P and im still in love with her and i dunno why.. Cause i hate her too for being so abusive but i just imagine if saito had balls then louise would be so different and go more dere..

I would love to see an ova to wrap up things.
Jul 20, 2016 10:28 PM

Mar 2010
Malise79 said:
Chloe-tsundere said:

I would love to see an ova to wrap up things.

Yup thats be great :) a bit more of the content of the last light novels or even an anime original course would be ok.. Id love to see ZnT get revived again. Tho I know there are still big fans out there.. Like with yahoo jp auction for goodies, a rare louise plush going for 7k yen ex fees damn X_X

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 21 minutes ago

2 by Yudesei »»
2 minutes ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
3 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
5 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
8 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
Today, 8:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.