Forum Settings
Forums

Sam Harris Prefers Ben Carson's Foreign Policy To Noam Chomsky's

New
Nov 24, 2015 6:59 PM
Mar 2011
as title says
DateYutakaNov 24, 2015 7:12 PM
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Nov 24, 2015 7:40 PM

Apr 2014
Not "as title says". Explain.
Nov 24, 2015 7:49 PM
Mar 2011
basccsly in podcast harris said he would vote for carson over someone like Chomsky for the reason stated in the title

and as a Liberal Leftist as i am i dont see how harris as such a backing on the left hes a fool and quite hawkish overall somethung as leftist i cannot agree with him on

where i stand on the Poltics side of things i could never even entertain the idea o voting for someone like carson how has harrls got more cred on the left than Noam has ?

explain that ?
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Nov 24, 2015 7:55 PM

Jan 2013
Ben Carson wants military action and to establish a no-fly zone, basically shoot down Russian aircraft like the Turks did today. Chomsky says we should reign in nearby countries that're funding ISIS and let the locals deal with it instead.
Nov 24, 2015 7:56 PM
Mar 2011
Rance-sama said:
Ben Carson wants military action and to establish a no-fly zone, basically shoot down Russian aircraft like the Turks did today. Chomsky says we should reign in nearby countries that're funding ISIS and let the locals deal with it instead.

noam is a smart man

Nov 24, 2015 8:02 PM

Jan 2013
DateYutaka said:
Rance-sama said:

noam is a smart man

In terms of foreign policy, there's only 2 well-known candidates that aren't idiots. Bernie and Rand, in my opinion. The rest either want to thrown lavish amounts of money into the military and invade Syria or establish a no-fly zone, not that smart in my opinion. As for Sam Harris, he's just some edgy loser who rants about religion all day. If you want to hear stuff like that, just go watch The Amazing Atheist. I'm also not sure how a liberal who opposed the Iraq War would support military intervention proposed by a conservative politician, but whatever. The guy's a mess.
Nov 24, 2015 8:18 PM

Apr 2014
Rance-sama said:

I might agree with Chomsky on that given that Russia seems to be dealing with ISIS, but if they weren't, then someone else should. What does he think of Russia's involvement?
Nov 24, 2015 8:19 PM
Mar 2011
Rance-sama said:
DateYutaka said:

noam is a smart man

In terms of foreign policy, there's only 2 well-known candidates that aren't idiots. Bernie and Rand, in my opinion. The rest either want to thrown lavish amounts of money into the military and invade Syria or establish a no-fly zone, not that smart in my opinion. As for Sam Harris, he's just some edgy loser who rants about religion all day. If you want to hear stuff like that, just go watch The Amazing Atheist. I'm also not sure how a liberal who opposed the Iraq War would support military intervention proposed by a conservative politician, but whatever. The guy's a mess.

hitchens was the same

Nov 24, 2015 8:28 PM

Jan 2013
Altairius said:
Rance-sama said:

I might agree with Chomsky on that given that Russia seems to be dealing with ISIS, but if they weren't, then someone else should. What does he think of Russia's involvement?

He thinks that the US led coalition is illegal under international law and useless, and only helped expand sectarian conflicts. He wanted the locals and Russia to deal with it, so he's taking Russia's side on this one. It's important to note that until the Russin-Iran-Iraq coalition, ISIS was making huge gains in Syria. I think that goes to prove his point.
Nov 24, 2015 9:32 PM

Apr 2014
It seems a bit arbitrary that Russia's involvement should be "more legal", but I'm not complaining. I'm all for countries other than the US doing the dirty work for once.

I don't know Sam Harris' exact position on this. All that's been said is he agrees more with Carson than Chomsky (at a certain point in time). If OP wants to link to the podcast (preferably with the time in the video when he talks about this), then I'll check it out.
Nov 24, 2015 9:47 PM

Jan 2013
Altairius said:
It seems a bit arbitrary that Russia's involvement should be "more legal", but I'm not complaining. I'm all for countries other than the US doing the dirty work for once.

I don't know Sam Harris' exact position on this. All that's been said is he agrees more with Carson than Chomsky (at a certain point in time). If OP wants to link to the podcast (preferably with the time in the video when he talks about this), then I'll check it out.

It's legal in the sense that the Syrian government said they could be there, while the Western coalition didn't and still routinely breaks international law daily for years. International law doesn't mean anything anyways, since everyone breaks it and everyone falls back on it like hypocrites when it fits their narrative. I'd rather have Russia which have been proving their might and actually solving the conflict to do it instead of America, there's no reason why we should be spending billions for a conflict that'll resolve itself faster without us.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.