Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 24, 2015 2:24 PM
Apr 2013
Hi everyone
I am an ambitious story writer who's looking for someone that can draw and/or is interested in a corporate project. Now I will admit it right away, I don't have much in the form of experience and I'm not expecting anyone to be willing to join me if this is what matters to them, but really if you're not interested then don't bother to reply. However if you feel like proving yourself in creating something and just want to have fun with it then don't hesitate to contact me.
Jellyfish-sanNov 25, 2015 2:58 AM
Nov 24, 2015 5:52 PM
Jun 2015
Not what you want but what I think you need...

Much like you I also had (have) stories ideas that I thought were awesome and could be nothing but successful. And so, when I decided to start writing them, I also tried to look for an artist to draw for me and share whatever we will make fifty fifty.

Now, if you plan to pay right from the get to go to the artist that will draw for you, then you can stop reading here and continue to search. I'm sure you will find many artist who are looking for a job with fair salary.

So you plan to let your artist profit in some other way. Well, in this case, unless you don't have a friend who is open to collaborate with you, there are only two paths that I can see for you.

The first path is instead of looking up for an artist, look for artists' threads who seek writers to collaborate with them. Face it, there are more people who write and draw and even artist have their own ideas. Unless you have a promising background, now one will want to bet his precious time on you.

The second path is actually quite simple. That is, do what I'm doing. Have your own site. Register to wordpress or buy your own domain and host and publish chapters of your story.
This path starts slow and has even less guarantees than publishing your work in the form of a comic, but you can see in my site (lonahora.com) that if you dedicate yourself, things will pick up.
Nov 25, 2015 1:10 AM
Apr 2013
Lonahora said:

Much like you I also had (have) stories ideas that I thought were awesome and could be nothing but successful. And so, when I decided to start writing them, I also tried to look for an artist to draw for me and share whatever we will make fifty fifty.

Now, if you plan to pay right from the get to go to the artist that will draw for you, then you can stop reading here and continue to search. I'm sure you will find many artist who are looking for a job with fair salary.

So you plan to let your artist profit in some other way. Well, in this case, unless you don't have a friend who is open to collaborate with you, there are only two paths that I can see for you.

The first path is instead of looking up for an artist, look for artists' threads who seek writers to collaborate with them. Face it, there are more people who write and draw and even artist have their own ideas. Unless you have a promising background, now one will want to bet his precious time on you.

The second path is actually quite simple. That is, do what I'm doing. Have your own site. Register to wordpress or buy your own domain and host and publish chapters of your story.
This path starts slow and has even less guarantees than publishing your work in the form of a comic, but you can see in my site (lonahora.com) that if you dedicate yourself, things will pick up.

I don't think that you've got me quite right.

Okay, okay, first I think I have said clearly that this whole project thing is For Fun.
In other words creating art for the sake of creating art. Secondly, I've clearly stated that I do not expect people to cooperate precisely because of these reasons. If anything, I am using this opportunity to motivate myself to be serious and actually create a finished product, while at the same time having the small chance of someone who actually appreciates art and not money come and join me.

So basically what I need is help in creating my story, simply because having two heads instead of one will always be good even if that person has very little experience. Now, of course if someone does join me I will listen to their ideas and combine them with mine so that both sides get to express their creativity. So don't bother telling me that no one cares, cause, I know that. But nevertheless, any help from those who do would be very much appreciated.
Jellyfish-sanNov 25, 2015 2:01 AM
Nov 25, 2015 7:21 AM
Jun 2015
Jellyfish-san said:

Okay, okay, first I think I have said clearly that this whole project thing is For Fun.
In other words creating art for the sake of creating art. Secondly, I've clearly stated that I do not expect people to cooperate precisely because of these reasons. If anything, I am using this opportunity to motivate myself to be serious and actually create a finished product, while at the same time having the small chance of someone who actually appreciates art and not money come and join me.

So basically what I need is help in creating my story, simply because having two heads instead of one will always be good even if that person has very little experience. Now, of course if someone does join me I will listen to their ideas and combine them with mine so that both sides get to express their creativity. So don't bother telling me that no one cares, cause, I know that. But nevertheless, any help from those who do would be very much appreciated.

I don't try to discourage you, only share with you the results of my experience.
If you look for someone to work on this project for fun and for the sake of creating art, that's great and very much possible. It won't be easy to find someone to work with for fun rather than money, but again, not impossible.
In this case, the only advice that I think would be useful for you is, like I said, to look for artists who posted on their on, threads for writers to work with.
Nov 25, 2015 7:22 AM

Jul 2012
Go to DeviantART or Tumblr.

Nobody can draw here.
Nov 25, 2015 11:49 AM
Apr 2013
Jellyfish-san said:
Lonahora said:

Don't worry about discouraging me, but rather I just think that it's weird that there's no second person out here that is interested in collaborating. Idk if I got the point through but I'm not looking specifically for a manga artist, just for someone to work together with. Anyway for now I will just work hard myself.
Nov 25, 2015 2:35 PM
Jun 2015
Jellyfish-san said:

Don't worry about discouraging me, but rather I just think that it's weird that there's no second person out here that is interested in collaborating. Idk if I got the point through but I'm not looking specifically for a manga artist, just for someone to work together with. Anyway for now I will just work hard myself.

Look, if your story is good enough, you don't need to be an accomplished artist to make it a comic. Take for example the creator of One Punch Man. Have you seen his original work, which he still publish? It looks terrible in comparison to most comics out there and look how successful it became.
Nov 26, 2015 6:51 AM
Apr 2013
Lonahora said:
Jellyfish-san said:

Look, if your story is good enough, you don't need to be an accomplished artist to make it a comic. Take for example the creator of One Punch Man. Have you seen his original work, which he still publish? It looks terrible in comparison to most comics out there and look how successful it became.

I don't really care whether it will be a comic or just a short story... Either is fine but I'd just really want some help in making it. Even just making a good story is already something big so I'd be perfectly fine with that.
So, back to work.
Apr 20, 2016 3:14 PM
Apr 2016
Hi! Like you, I am also an ambitious story writer whose been coming up with a story for 5 years now. It involves physics, complex characters and worlds, maybe crossovers, and a whole lot of planets, action, and jokes. I'm going to attempt to publish it as a web manga on GMI (Global Manga Initiative), then try and get it published. Please contact me on my profile if you want to help, and i'll give more info. I hope we'll be able to create a great story together! :D

More topics from this board

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - 14 minutes ago

0 by kratos960203 »»
14 minutes ago

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

12 by Luchipher-Zen »»
5 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

358 by nin-tendo »»
9 hours ago

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

1 by DesuMaiden »»
Today, 7:34 AM

» Have you tried using lmms?

Cammell - Today

0 by Cammell »»
Today, 5:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.