Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & DVD Rankings for Nov 16 - 22

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 25, 2015 12:43 AM

Jul 2014
Starphase said:
YEEART said:
Kekkai Sensen stop slaying the charts please.
It's okay, it's the last week/volume anyway d=

Oh shit that's true. Then I have nothing to look forward to then... until Winter 2016 sales as nothing impressed me this fall.

meh.
"Hi!"
Nov 25, 2015 3:01 PM

Oct 2007
Ejc said:

It makes me cringe every week to see rubbish (such as "Japanese fans have shit taste") being posted here. It's supposed to be a discussion on the sales, not 'bash the Japanese fans for not having the same tastes as you do'. It seems like many on MAL do not have the maturity to be tolerant of differing tastes in what people find entertaining. It also seems that some people do not have the ability to critically justify why a certain sales trend is like so, without resorting to rubbish statements.

I always say it's a LOT more complicated than just "hurr shit taste" and shows a hell of a lot of ignorance, but this is indeed MAL where people just like saying shit and being absolutist about everything and don't even know how to hold a proper conversation or how to talk to people. If people want to have positions on something fine, but they could try having a more informed opinion and doing some research for goddamn once instead of just saying shit, failing to defend the position and being a loudmouth all the time.

One of the reasons I'll actually talk directly with you and enjoy it is that I've noticed you have a tendency to be well....rational and informed on subjects plus those basic manners. It's sad but it's the sort of thing that's at a premium in the anime fandom these days where just about everyone likes to shit talk, cheer lead, be polarized about everything under the sun and shoot for scoring the latest meme rather than make a strong conversational point that damn well means something.

Still not as bad as the general gaming fandom with the constant whinging and whining about everything but closing in at a frightening pace.

Fearless prediction, next week will be dominated by Gundam The Origin. Speaking of Gundam I've said it before and I'll say it again you cannot look at disc sales and tell the whole story because it's just such a multimedia franchise. It's not making it's 80 billion yen a year off of just disc sales I can say that for sure.

scytheavatar said:
horitsubastudent said:
hibike and umarun<3
is osomatsu san that good or it's another factor that is pushing it sales?

Fujoshis are going crazy about Osomatsu San for reasons I don't understand, there's an article on Yaraon right now about how Osomatsu videos on Nico Nico are dominated by Fujoshi content and comments. Since Fujoshi series tend to be underestimated by Stalker this means the actual sales of Osomatsu San is likely to be more than what that is estimated.

It's not for no reason, look at the cast list if you want to understand.
Nov 25, 2015 4:02 PM
Sep 2014
Ejc said:
It makes me cringe every week to see rubbish (such as "Japanese fans have shit taste") being posted here. It's supposed to be a discussion on the sales, not 'bash the Japanese fans for not having the same tastes as you do'. It seems like many on MAL do not have the maturity to be tolerant of differing tastes in what people find entertaining. It also seems that some people do not have the ability to critically justify why a certain sales trend is like so, without resorting to rubbish statements.

Well it's the internet what did you expect? Gonna make the comment how people have shit taste because they like something else^^

Fun Fact: How many people here bash the japanese fans for not buying a anime they like and love but also don't waste any money on? because they stream and download all of their anime for free.
Nov 25, 2015 4:06 PM
Sep 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Ejc said:

I always say it's a LOT more complicated than just "hurr shit taste" and shows a hell of a lot of ignorance, but this is indeed MAL where people just like saying shit and being absolutist about everything and don't even know how to hold a proper conversation or how to talk to people. If people want to have positions on something fine, but they could try having a more informed opinion and doing some research for goddamn once instead of just saying shit, failing to defend the position and being a loudmouth all the time.

One of the reasons I'll actually talk directly with you and enjoy it is that I've noticed you have a tendency to be well....rational and informed on subjects plus those basic manners. It's sad but it's the sort of thing that's at a premium in the anime fandom these days where just about everyone likes to shit talk, cheer lead, be polarized about everything under the sun and shoot for scoring the latest meme rather than make a strong conversational point that damn well means something.

Still not as bad as the general gaming fandom with the constant whinging and whining about everything but closing in at a frightening pace.

Fearless prediction, next week will be dominated by Gundam The Origin. Speaking of Gundam I've said it before and I'll say it again you cannot look at disc sales and tell the whole story because it's just such a multimedia franchise. It's not making it's 80 billion yen a year off of just disc sales I can say that for sure.

Wow a good post from kaokao? Am I dreaming? I guess not it would be great if all your comments are like that instead of this black and white thinking you do every now and then (or let's say way to often). Let's wait and see.
Nov 25, 2015 9:31 PM

Oct 2007
Shinigami1992 said:
Ejc said:

Well it's the internet what did you expect? Gonna make the comment how people have shit taste because they like something else^^

Fun Fact: How many people here bash the japanese fans for not buying a anime they like and love but also don't waste any money on? because they stream and download all of their anime for free.

Overall I fail to see the value in anime the way it's priced at such a premium rate so I wouldn't care either way. I find it interesting that you specifically chose to use the word waste rather than a more neutral spend indicating that you in fact seem to have a position similar to my own, but then what's all this about streaming and downloading anime for free. You don't think a hell of a lot of viewers in Japan do the same with niconico, PVRing and various other options like just watching it on TV when it airs? Really it's only the most dedicated of collectors usually willing to plunk down and buy an anime BD because of the outrageous prices. When you have shows like say School Live! which pulled in over a million hits on some of it's niconico streams yet barely made a dent in the BD market I think that tells you something about how those fans perceived the value of the show. It doesn't mean they didn't watch or enjoy it, clearly it managed to reach and entice a large audience, it just means they're not willing to spend in the region of 30 to 40 thousand yen to own the damn thing on disc.

So again see it's quite often a more complicated matter than people tend to make it out to be.

Shinigami1992 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Wow a good post from kaokao? Am I dreaming? I guess not it would be great if all your comments are like that instead of this black and white thinking you do every now and then (or let's say way to often). Let's wait and see.

I don't think you really understand my posting style all that much whoever you are. What so many people seem to see as me being black and white about things I tend to see as a preference for cutting through the internet's bullshit and indirect way of conveying and personalizing whatever they're trying to say. Also simply put and I think it should be obvious at this point but I don't necessarily tend to agree very often with general consensus of what is good or isn't and what is important versus not so much. Also there is such a thing as just flat out bad ignorant posting.

Just a few thoughts but yeah point is you clearly don't know me at all and most be getting a very selective sample of my commentary if you think I view the world in terms of black and white since I'd sooner outright rail against that sort of thinking as it tends to lead to missing the point and I don't think there's such a thing as an objectively right or wrong position on a matter of entertainment media, just uninformed ones which happens a lot and is pretty much a key problem within the anime fandom, a lot of people don't know what the hell they are even talking about or trying to say most of the time and don't seem to really care and that's probably where you tend to see me at my most impatient with other fans.

Also there is an i in my username, I've never understood why people always seem to miss it when being angry at me.
PeacingOutNov 25, 2015 9:42 PM
Nov 26, 2015 1:10 AM

Dec 2014
TheNaturalPerm said:
Kuma said:

*5. 3,071 **3,071 Himouto! Umaru-chan Vol.3

is this good sales? can i hope for second season?

I wouldn't be too optimistic if I were you. With these numbers alone I'd say no.
Might've done well in boosting the manga or selling merchandise though so you never know.

*7.4k -> *9.5k Gundam - Iron-Blooded Orphans
*3.4k -> *9.1k One Punch Man
*2.1k -> *2.8k Noragami S2

Looking great for Gundam and OPM. Kind of surprised to see Noragami flop that hard.

Umaru got close to 2500000 with just 7 volumes. Dvd and music cds also sold well enough considering its just 2 episodes.
Nov 26, 2015 6:55 AM

Apr 2015
Osomatsu's doing decently
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 8 hours ago

13 by RobertBobert »»
55 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

94 by Noy_Rican »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
11 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.