Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 23, 2015 12:14 AM

Jan 2014
I just hate it when you really want to go to one specific location in a game and when your character walks up to it and BAM! Invisible motherfucking wall. Usually it appears over a vast sea or ocean that sparkles with crystal clean water and you can't help it but get your character to swim in it but BAM!
I might be addressing rpgs for the most part.
So whats your worst glitch? Or what is that one glitch you can't tolerate in a game?
Nov 23, 2015 12:29 AM

Nov 2011
in Love Live rhythm game, during the token event. you spend 300 tokens to play a song and the game crashes.
(for those unfamiliar: in order to play an event song worth 300 tokens, you need to play regular songs - the highest difficulty costs 25 "LP" and gives 27 token. it takes 150 min to regenerate 25 LP, which means if the game crashed when trying a 300 token song, you'd effectively have wasted over 1500 min grinding (1666.67 min to be exact)
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Nov 23, 2015 12:31 AM

Jan 2013
Solloski said:
I just hate it when you really want to go to one specific location in a game and when your character walks up to it and BAM! Invisible motherfucking wall. Usually it appears over a vast sea or ocean that sparkles with crystal clean water and you can't help it but get your character to swim in it but BAM!
So whats your worst glitch? Or what is that one glitch you can't tolerate in a game?
that's not really a glitch. It's intentional. Still ruins the hell out of my immersion though.
Nov 23, 2015 12:46 AM

Jan 2014
Syrup- said:
Solloski said:
that's not really a glitch. It's intentional. Still ruins the hell out of my immersion though.

Sorry my bad.
Though that wasn't just what I entirely meant. I meant invisible walls in general. Sometimes they just appear in a location that isn't intentional at all. And just stops you from proceeding in the game.

DreamingBeats said:
in Love Live rhythm game, during the token event. you spend 300 tokens to play a song and the game crashes.
(for those unfamiliar: in order to play an event song worth 300 tokens, you need to play regular songs - the highest difficulty costs 25 "LP" and gives 27 token. it takes 150 min to regenerate 25 LP, which means if the game crashed when trying a 300 token song, you'd effectively have wasted over 1500 min grinding (1666.67 min to be exact)

Losing all your progress for hours with just one crash is truly the worst.
SolloskiNov 23, 2015 12:52 AM
Nov 24, 2015 12:26 AM

Nov 2015
For mobile games, i really hate it when it auto closes in the middle of the game. Like suddenly it crashes when you have good internet connection and stuff. I also hate it when it hangs your device. Even if you double press home button, nothing happens and it's really annoying.
Nov 24, 2015 12:28 AM

Apr 2014
Anything that corrupts saves.
Nov 24, 2015 12:30 AM

Jan 2012
when im playing something then BAM! disk 2 doesnt work
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Nov 24, 2015 1:12 AM

Apr 2011
This happened to me earlier this year. I was playing Vice City (again) and I got to the Don's mission. You know, the one where his money gets stolen and you need to recover it on a motorcycle, after which he would tell you to come to his estate to get missions. I saved after the mission and exited the game. That's the last thing I was able to do because the entire thing got corrupted. New game? Fuck you. Reinstalled it? Fuck you, again. Well, fuck you too, VC.
Nov 24, 2015 1:26 AM

Jul 2015
anything exploitable in multiplayer games
Nov 24, 2015 1:26 AM
Mar 2015
- bugs that halt game progress
- bugs that corrupt saves
- bugs that cause the game to crash
I guess I can deal with/ignore the other bugs unless they don't happen every 5 minutes
Nov 24, 2015 4:35 AM

Oct 2012
The bugs in both Atelier Rorona and the Plus version (though I think it was only the PS3 version, or at the very least I didn't experience it in the PS Vita), in the original game you had to be careful and saving everytime you could or there was a chance that the game had a bug while loading one of the cities places, and in Atelier Rorona Plus while fighting in one of the extra dungeons in the game there was a chance of the game freezing (I think it could happen everywhere really, but there was a higher chance to happen there) so you had to avoid the monsters there and go only for the mandatory bosses blocking the path to the final boss of said dungeon.
Nov 24, 2015 5:46 AM

Feb 2008
Fallout 4 has invisible walls everywhere.

See this log? You can't walk under it.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 2, 2020 9:20 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
My sister's trying to beat Chrono Cross on a pre-owned copy I managed to somehow get. We really love this game and want to finish it so much, but we can't frickin do it cuz we cannot frickin push this one Rockroach on the bottom of Earth Dragon Isle. We keep beating it and pressing X all over it, but we keep getting the "Push it toward the sand jet to stop the flow" message over and over no matter what we do (instead of the "Looks like you can push it." if you press X on the right spot).

It seems like it's a somewhat common problem and I have no fricking idea why there has to be a prompt to push this Rockroach in a very specific spot instead of... you know... just straight up letting us push it ourselves. Again, we really love this game but this is pretty dumb and I think this copy we found is pretty much broken.......

if anyone could help me with this, pls lemme know... help is very much appreciated!!!!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention Harvest Moon DS.
That game has a shitton of glitches and bugs all over the goddamn place, but at least the 1 million G glitch is actually delightful lol
The glitch where you use the Touch Glove on one of your pets to get that one Harvest Sprite and then immediately warps said pet outside the house or wherever is pretty bad. Made me cry thinking that I lost my dog forever as a child hahaha..... good times... still shitty glitch though.
Fario-PJan 2, 2020 9:28 PM
Jan 3, 2020 2:20 AM
Jul 2018
@Fario-P are you emulating it? I know in Chrono Trigger if you emulate an unpatched rom it will put you into an endless loop on your first time travel as a piracy protection thing
Jan 3, 2020 11:27 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Korishi said:
Fario-P said:
My sister's trying to beat Chrono Cross on a pre-owned copy I managed to somehow get. We really love this game and want to finish it so much, but we can't frickin do it cuz we cannot frickin push this one Rockroach on the bottom of Earth Dragon Isle. We keep beating it and pressing X all over it, but we keep getting the "Push it toward the sand jet to stop the flow" message over and over no matter what we do (instead of the "Looks like you can push it." if you press X on the right spot).

It seems like it's a somewhat common problem and I have no fricking idea why there has to be a prompt to push this Rockroach in a very specific spot instead of... you know... just straight up letting us push it ourselves. Again, we really love this game but this is pretty dumb and I think this copy we found is pretty much broken.......

if anyone could help me with this, pls lemme know... help is very much appreciated!!!!

Are you emulating it? I know in Chrono Trigger if you emulate an unpatched rom it will put you into an endless loop on your first time travel as a piracy protection thing

Chrono Cross, not Chrono Trigger. (Also I'm already aware of that piracy fact, as far as I know it really only applies to the DS version of Trigger, and more people emulate the original SNES version anyway.)
Also, I already mentioned that I got a pre-owned copy. I'm not emulating it. As far as I know, the pre-owned copy should be legit, but then again maybe it was on sale cuz maybe it had this problem. I'm thinking that this Rockroach glitch might be a piracy lock for Cross, but no, I've noticed other people in the past in sites like GameFAQs who reported this glitch.
Jan 3, 2020 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
@Fario-P shit sorry I couldn't be of help
Jan 3, 2020 3:04 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Korishi said:
Fario-P said:

Chrono Cross, not Chrono Trigger. (Also I'm already aware of that piracy fact, as far as I know it really only applies to the DS version of Trigger, and more people emulate the original SNES version anyway.)
Also, I already mentioned that I got a pre-owned copy. I'm not emulating it. As far as I know, the pre-owned copy should be legit, but then again maybe it was on sale cuz maybe it had this problem. I'm thinking that this Rockroach glitch might be a piracy lock for Cross, but no, I've noticed other people in the past in sites like GameFAQs who reported this glitch.

Shit sorry I couldn't be of help

No no no! It's okay! I'm sorry I made you feel bad. I appreciate the fact that you were concerned enough to answer :)
Jan 3, 2020 3:13 PM

May 2014
Hmm i can't think of any i hate. No game breaking ones come to mind. In fact i had a glitch recently in Shadow of the Colossus that was quite amusing. What happened was pretty much the same as this persons video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zah3KsJDP8 There goes my immersion lol
Jan 3, 2020 4:15 PM
Jul 2018
Fario-P said:
Korishi said:

No no no! It's okay! I'm sorry I made you feel bad. I appreciate the fact that you were concerned enough to answer :)

Cool and I jus
Fario-P said:
Korishi said:

Cool and I mentioned Chrono Trigger thinking there might be a correlation with cross in terms of piracy protection. Oh and sorry to assume you were emulating when you clearly said you had a physical copy. Sweet that you have a PS1.

I think the best community to ask for help would be reddit.
Jan 3, 2020 5:41 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Korishi said:
Fario-P said:

Cool and I mentioned Chrono Trigger thinking there might be a correlation with cross in terms of piracy protection. Oh and sorry to assume you were emulating when you clearly said you had a physical copy. Sweet that you have a PS1.

I think the best community to ask for help would be reddit.

Oh no it's okay, I type like five million paragraphs so I don't blame you if you missed that fact in the piles of text I tend to write...

Oh actually we had a PS1 but it stopped working like a decade ago and we couldn't fix it no matter what. We're actually playing the game on PS3, good to hear that it plays PS1 games without a memory card. Sucks that we found the more prominent model without the PS2 support, though.

I guess you could be right on that. I'll consider about Reddit soon
Jan 3, 2020 5:57 PM
Jul 2018
@Fario-P oh if you're playing on PS3 then I have a feeling the folks over at Reddit may encourage you to mod your console with cfw and play from a clean rom. It's not a terrible idea but you may not want to do this. In that case I'd recommend just saying you're playing on an original ps1. Make sure to emphasize original, because they may assume you've a PlayStation classic and attempt to persuade you to mod that too.

So if you clear all that up at the start, you'll hopefully get some straight answers fairly quickly.

Good luck!
Jan 3, 2020 7:15 PM

Apr 2015
-Falling under map.
-Enemies becoming invincible.
-Enemies becoming invisible.
-Character freezes in place.
-Missing things (such as items to complete quests or objectives, and I mean the item doesn't show up, not missing it due to overlooking something.)
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 17, 2020 10:56 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Korishi said:
Fario-P said:

Oh no it's okay, I type like five million paragraphs so I don't blame you if you missed that fact in the piles of text I tend to write...

Oh actually we had a PS1 but it stopped working like a decade ago and we couldn't fix it no matter what. We're actually playing the game on PS3, good to hear that it plays PS1 games without a memory card. Sucks that we found the more prominent model without the PS2 support, though.

I guess you could be right on that. I'll consider about Reddit soon

oh if you're playing on PS3 then I have a feeling the folks over at Reddit may encourage you to mod your console with cfw and play from a clean rom. It's not a terrible idea but you may not want to do this. In that case I'd recommend just saying you're playing on an original ps1. Make sure to emphasize original, because they may assume you've a PlayStation classic and attempt to persuade you to mod that too.

So if you clear all that up at the start, you'll hopefully get some straight answers fairly quickly.

Good luck!

Yo sorry it's been months, but we've put the game down for sometime and my sister actually has contacted Reddit here and there during that time.
Yesterday we decided to actually pick it up again and try various things... and after probably half an hour, somehow we actually did it!! Idk how but somehow it finally frickin worked, we got the thing out of control and finally beat up the Earth Dragon! I felt the need to tell you cuz idk I just remembered as soon as we finally pushed that damn Rockroach into the sand flow. I'm glad we can finally try and clear this game straight out of a legit copy and not just on an emulator this time :D

One thing's for sure... Chrono Cross seriously needs a remake that fixes this shit and with actual DualShock/analog stick support. Using D-pad to move in a 3D game like this can seriously be a pain.
Apr 18, 2020 4:22 AM
Jul 2018
@Fario-P aah I'm so glad for you! must have been a good feeling when it suddenly gave. they say trying the same things over and over is insanity but it clearly worked in this case haha
Apr 18, 2020 9:49 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Korishi said:
@Fario-P aah I'm so glad for you! must have been a good feeling when it suddenly gave. they say trying the same things over and over is insanity but it clearly worked in this case haha

thanks! holy crap what a feeling, we were literally screaming for like 4 or 5 minutes straight

On-topic: I honestly don't like how glitchy the first gen of Pokémon is
I'm sorry, I know it's the first of the whole frickin franchise and that there was gonna be problems guaranteed, but I just don't find it fun to (re)visit for all of its technical flaws. Gold/Silver/Gen 2 definitely spoiled me, man what a great sequel.

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3506 by goodtasty »»
6 minutes ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

8 by Astachanna »»
38 minutes ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

12 by _untitled »»
2 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3717 by DesuMaiden »»
4 hours ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

48 by DesuMaiden »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.