New
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Dec 2, 2015 12:54 AM

May 2015
Caelidesu said:
Nilin said:
lol
New masculine "ideal":
- Be yourself & not let others tell you who you should be/do just because you're a man.

That's a fucking terrible ideal. I can appreciate the idea behind it and it might be good advice for someone like me, but imagine giving that same advice to a paedophile or a rapist.

Caelidesu is on some other shit.

'Be yourself' is a terrible advice. People should be open to criticism of their 'self'. our 'selves' aren't beyond criticism.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Dec 2, 2015 1:39 AM

Apr 2014
Basically, a huge chunk of the left wing is goofy as fuck.
Dec 2, 2015 5:19 AM

Feb 2015
Well I'm not sure if its third wave feminism but feminist literary criticism is banal. I came across one article arguing that writing linear stories and using pencils to write is inherently patriarchal. Look I think women should be paid the same as men and have paid maternity leave and equal opportunities and so forth, but I really don't see how favoring nonlinear stories and using "his or her" instead of just "his" is really improving anyone's life.

Dec 2, 2015 7:14 AM

May 2015
Altairius said:

A huge chunk of people who use the left/right dichotomy are morons.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Dec 2, 2015 2:43 PM

Jun 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
Caelidesu said:

That's a fucking terrible ideal. I can appreciate the idea behind it and it might be good advice for someone like me, but imagine giving that same advice to a paedophile or a rapist.

Caelidesu is on some other shit.

'Be yourself' is a terrible advice. People should be open to criticism of their 'self'. our 'selves' aren't beyond criticism.

Since when does being yourself mean not to also be opened to criticism though????
????

I'm just saying dont let people force their ideas on you & think of it as "the right way" & bring you down.
Dec 2, 2015 3:01 PM

Apr 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
Altairius said:

A huge chunk of people who use the left/right dichotomy are morons.

It still basically works. Left = LGBT rights, big government, etc. There are authoritarians on both sides though.
Dec 29, 2016 7:19 AM
Dec 2016
sutori said:
according to a good majority of mal users that is. But why is that? Can anyone actually give 3 good reasons why feminism affects you on a personal level in a negative way?

down with meninists

"why feminism affects you on a personal level in a negative way?"
I'm not really concerned with how it affects me. I'm concerned about how it affects perfectly good men and any future children that I may have. To poorly quote what Karen Straughan put so nicely, "Justice isn't about how it benefits me." It's a matter of seeing 3rd wave feminism for what it is. It is very hateful and very misguided. Many men risk their lives every day doing deadly work and helping women, but they're all painted with this hateful brush of being misogynistic and violent by feminism. It's depressing.

3 toxic things about modern feminism:

1) Paints men as privileged oppressors and promotes legal changes to reflect this belief. Things like affirmative action, this idea that things must have a 50/50 gender division to be equal, advantages less-qualified women and and bars more qualified men in the name of progress. A recent example of this is Justin Trudeau making his cabinet 50% women just because "it's 2015." That is illogical and sexist to just hire women because they're women in the name of progress. It's sexist against men and sexist against women for assuming women wouldn't be able to achieve the things that men can without the government giving preferential treatment to women.

2) Because it paints men as privileged oppressors, the suffering of men is either ignored or invalidated because they are male and it's "not as bad." Feminists do not care about male suicide, male victims of domestic abuse, the fact that men are falling behind in education, that men suffer the most workplace deaths and accidents, that men are the primary victims of all violence, and that men are the majority of the homeless. Instead, feminism chooses to view men as privileged and misogynistic, when in fact many are suffering and good people. Men are disposable and hated by society because of how feminism paints them, but it is men who do the hard work, the dirty work, and risking their lives 99% of the time. Men are suffering and feminists do not care, and men are told that their suffering doesn't matter because they're oppressing women by virtue of existing.

3) Promotes hypersensitivity and having a victim complex. Nothing is ever a woman's fault. It's always a man's fault no matter what in the eyes of feminism. If a woman has low self esteem, it's men's fault. If a woman didn't get promoted, it's a man's fault somewhere. If a woman criticizes feminism, it's because a man is manipulating her. Feminism views all dissenting opinions as misogynistic hate speech, and enforces strict censorship. It is a direct attack on free speech.

Copy&Paste
Dec 29, 2016 7:36 AM

Jun 2016
Well for starters, they don't actually care about women's rights at all. They just hide under the "feminism" movement to push their agenda. Tell me OP, when was the last time you heard a 3rd wave feminist even mention the dehumanization of women in Saudi Arabia?
Username is subject to change.
Dec 29, 2016 7:43 AM

Jun 2012
Besides what the user before me said, I'm gonna use simpler words:

Feminism as we know it today is no longer about women's rights. That was achieved long ago in the western culture. There is no difference, according to the law, between men and women.

I think there are some places where feminism is needed, but because of the fourth wave feminism, I can't see it having any positive impact on women's rights in such places.

Instead, modern day feminism promotes things like:
> the existence of a so-called rape culture
> movements such as free the nipple
> the false belief of 'male privilege'
> stopping 'fat-shaming'

(I could go into details explaining why rape culture doesn't exist, movements such as free the nipple is the best way of objectifying women even more, males are in no way privileged and I can assure you, have it worse than females and the fat shaming thing is just stupid af but I said I'll use simpler words)

Do I think it is stupid? Yes.
Does it affect me? Yes. It's not life threatening, but I had friends of mine tell me I'm a misogynistic fuck because I don't believe in feminism. I don't think this is true as I am a girl myself and I've dated girls before, so I love them ... in every way.

My question is: why do women these days need a movement to prove their worth? From what I have seen, feminism sort of created the idea of 'privilege' in modern society, but instead of talking about privilege of the male demographic, I'd say it helped built the female privilege, based on fear and shame.
Dec 29, 2016 8:11 AM

Jul 2016
I didn't read anything except the title and some of the user above me, but fuck third wave feminism right in the pussy.
Dec 30, 2016 3:58 AM

Aug 2015
This thread needs to be more lively lol .Third wave feminism is bad if you're talking about western feminism but there are many places that it is still needed.
Dec 30, 2016 4:15 AM

Jun 2016
ultravigo said:
This thread needs to be more lively lol .Third wave feminism is bad if you're talking about western feminism but there are many places that it is still needed.
Too bad they will never go there because that would be racist and islamophobic.

IpreferEcchi said:
fuck third wave feminism right in the pussy.
BUT THAT'S RAPE!
Username is subject to change.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

669 by Hitagi__Furude »»
38 minutes ago

» What do you think about online friendship?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 21

41 by ShimmyShimmur »»
2 hours ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

14 by R-unknown »»
3 hours ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Today

23 by Rhaelynne »»
4 hours ago

» I got spooked by a water bottle

tsukareru - 11 hours ago

11 by Adverrito »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.