Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 21, 2015 8:54 AM

Jul 2011
Joe what the fuck man? your grades suck and i bet the reason for that is not that you have a girlfriend... you are lying Joe, there must be another reason for this, all you do is study, even one girl or two could lead to this, and then you denied us Ikkakumon!!

With that said, maybe it is for the best, because that CGI they used to animate the evolutions was horrible.
Nov 21, 2015 9:31 AM

Oct 2015
Dat op tho.

It's been a long time man. I could only remember Taichi at first. Based on episode 1, I thought this episode was quite solid with decent art/animation and the direction of the story looks to be a set-up for the upcoming episode. I did feel though that Taichi's voice was not consistent (sounded different at times) and the plot is progressing at a slower pace than I thought, Kurawagamon's appearance is basically the only thing of importance for now.

I hope the next episode will be more action-packed or at least give a back story of what happened in between the time period of when they were kids and now. :)
SaiborgNov 21, 2015 9:45 AM
Nov 21, 2015 12:25 PM

Aug 2007
Was a good movie. I felt a bit nostalgic and was good to meet again to an anime that was part of may childhood.

I thought before the movie, only natural disasters or Mosters like to destroy American cities like NY or LA. But with this, I can say: Digital Monsters are not far about destroing cities.
Nov 21, 2015 12:59 PM
Nov 2015
Quite bad but will watch the rest cause its digimon

What I dun like:
Uniform color, the pale blue overcoat looks weird
Tachi and Sora hair, just ugly
digivolution not that nice, dun like the white backgournd, pefer dark background like the old one
ending rush, they digivolve so sudden, appear and then dissappear. dun give enough screentime to admire each evolution
agumon looks too skinny

uniform and the hair cant take it, will probably have nightmares about them
Nov 21, 2015 1:06 PM

May 2011
I don't understand all these complaints about the movie. It was clearly "grown up" Digimon Adventure. Taichi matured fortunately. And it is first movie out of 6 so deal with it people and don't search for a masterpiece in a introductory movie.
I also liked the animation very much and I enjoy it. For Toei Animation it was great.

As for the movie, I felt like that the Alphamon scene was too rushed in addition I liked way more the Kuawagamon fight.

One thing: I hope really they don't turn Digimon into a school drama, this movie had a right amount of it but i hope they will not overdo it.
Nov 21, 2015 1:13 PM

Jan 2015
the amount of whining I see here is amusing
Nov 21, 2015 2:47 PM

Sep 2013
Mimi was good the rest was ok
Nov 21, 2015 3:57 PM

Jan 2012
fucking toei stop ruining my childhood!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Nov 21, 2015 4:14 PM

Mar 2015
Quite disappointing towards the end. Like really disappointing. It was good at the start and I know it would be slow since it's a 6 part series, but I didn't expect this bad.

Disappointing things to point out:

1. Bad animation and character voice synchronization. You can see Koushiro still talking with mouth shut as a background voice during the under the bridge scene.
2. Rushed Omegamon fight. If they were able to do Ultimate or Mega evolution from the beginning, then why bother waiting till Kuwagamon destroys the airport. It doesn't make sense, unless they intended to make everyone hate digimon.
3. Joe didn't do anything important. Oh hey Joe have to be here because he's one of the eight! But yeah you know.. Naruto's VA is kind of expensive, so lets remove Gomamon out of the equation, because who the fuck cares about them right?
4. New characters introduced. Meiko was introduced to feed Taichi x Sora shippers happiness. Guess it doesn't work that well.
5. Another voicing problem definitely. Not even the usual Japanese Animation attacks calling by the end of the movie. Like "Gaia Force!" or "Harpoon Torpedo!" or Angemon's "Heaven Knuckles" or fucking something! It's what Digimon had been doing for the last 15 years, why the fuck omit it now?!
6. Let's not forget the Togemon and friends digivolution, that doesn't matter at all! Oh hey look! A jumbo large digimon! Let's use our normal digivolution and get fucked up! So Taichi and Yamato will do Omegamon!

Oh God... disappointment level~ HIGH. I'm rating this 7/10 for nostalgia factor mostly.

Although good part to look at.
1. The nostalgia. That includes same OP and ED song, digimon voices, battle, digivolve and other sountrack, the ball building where Wizzardmon died.
2. Digimon 02 exists as canon. As seen by the glimpses.

Well more disappointment than the goodness.

Nov 21, 2015 4:32 PM

Sep 2012
it definitely hit the nostalgia, the OP and ED
Nov 21, 2015 6:02 PM

Jul 2013
The amount of people whining about the first part of a six part movie series in here is amusing.
Nov 21, 2015 6:40 PM

Mar 2015
ItsJustSnake said:
the amount of whining I see here is amusing

Tenshi_Shura said:
The amount of people whining about the first part of a six part movie series in here is amusing.

It's MAL what did you guys expected?
Nov 21, 2015 7:52 PM

Sep 2015
Yes! The return of Taichi's goggles, Mimi's brown hair, and Hikari's bangs.
And freaking Takeru, inviting more than one girl to his brother's concert, no wonder Hikari dumped your ass you man whore.
Nov 21, 2015 7:57 PM

Apr 2013
Not bad for the beginning
It did bring back nostalgia from the original series while adding some changes for better or worse
Characters are lovable as always, the music re-arrangement was quite nice but still prefer the original version, but the art and animation are a bit lackluster, especially in non action scenes.
I just hope it gets better, because the story imo has potential
(yeah the amount of whining here is kinda amusing)
TriZenNov 21, 2015 8:00 PM
Nov 21, 2015 8:01 PM

Jul 2012
I can't see how people are having such complaints. Remember this is a full 24-episodes series, we have only seen the first 4, and for me, they were an excellent introduction to the anime. This only proves how stupid the MAL system is, it should be a way to rate the series as a whole and not on a per-season basis.

10/10
Nov 21, 2015 9:41 PM

Feb 2012
Gosh, It has been years.. I'm not crying.. well may be I little; the opening man, right in the feelings.

It was a good movie, I enjoyed the story and really love the characteres.
Nov 21, 2015 10:19 PM

Nov 2009
I been waiting for this, but it didn't really turn out to be all what I thought it was going to be. (waited 1+ year just for intro...)

Either way... gotta wait another 4~5+ month for part 2 of the movie... (and there's 6 parts... this things gonna stretch out for like 2~3 years, lol, longest movie ever?)

IE:
4 month per part, 6 part, 24 month = 2 years

As for childhood... Pokemon and Digimon were one of the first few Anime I saw when I just arrived in America (watching Dub on TV).
However, Pokemon had a much more better adventure (which is still continuing today)
While Digimon's adventure were ok, but it never really continued as it always had other sets of hero/ins or alternative worlds... so it never really stick to people that well.

In fact, I brought both Pokemon and Digimon TCG starter packs when it was first released. But everyone only played Pokemon TCG, no one played Digimon TCG... so my Digimon cards just lied in the corner gathering dust... so sad for Digimon, it never got picked up. (then Yu-Gi-Oh arrived, and Digimon TCG just become forgotten....)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 21, 2015 10:50 PM

May 2015
Not sure if the whiners are being whiny or I'm blinded with nostalgia glasses. Either way its still an enjoyable movie.
Nov 21, 2015 10:58 PM

Jun 2013
And so many people on MAL have to be critics -__-

Okay movie looking forward to the next ones. Its cool seeing the cast together, brings back memories.
Nov 21, 2015 11:24 PM
Apr 2013
Volkanon said:
I'm shocked by some of the criticism here. Digimon was never anywhere near a masterpiece, nor was it ever known for having top notch art/animation. As for lack of story, every single series starts off in an introductory fashion, with plot rearing its head only in the latter half. I dunno what you guys expected, but this met my expectations. It was a wonderful blast of nostalgia, and it pandered to the things that needed pandering. What it neglects, like Jo, it will clearly address in later movies.

at least Tamers is near masterpiece if only Ryo is absent
Nov 21, 2015 11:28 PM
Apr 2013
DarklordVor said:
Quite disappointing towards the end. Like really disappointing. It was good at the start and I know it would be slow since it's a 6 part series, but I didn't expect this bad.

1. Bad animation and character voice synchronization. You can see Koushiro still talking with mouth shut as a background voice during the under the bridge scene.
2. Rushed Omegamon fight. If they were able to do Ultimate or Mega evolution from the beginning, then why bother waiting till Kuwagamon destroys the airport. It doesn't make sense, unless they intended to make everyone hate digimon.
3. Joe didn't do anything important. Oh hey Joe have to be here because he's one of the eight! But yeah you know.. Naruto's VA is kind of expensive, so lets remove Gomamon out of the equation, because who the fuck cares about them right?
4. New characters introduced. Meiko was introduced to feed Taichi x Sora shippers happiness. Guess it doesn't work that well.
5. Another voicing problem definitely. Not even the usual Japanese Animation attacks calling by the end of the movie. Like "Gaia Force!" or "Harpoon Torpedo!" or Angemon's "Heaven Knuckles" or fucking something! It's what Digimon had been doing for the last 15 years, why the fuck omit it now?!
6. Let's not forget the Togemon and friends digivolution, that doesn't matter at all! Oh hey look! A jumbo large digimon! Let's use our normal digivolution and get fucked up! So Taichi and Yamato will do Omegamon!

Oh God... disappointment level~ HIGH. I'm rating this 7/10 for nostalgia factor mostly.

1. The nostalgia. That includes same OP and ED song, digimon voices, battle, digivolve and other sountrack, the ball building where Wizzardmon died.

I guess that you cling too much on adv 1 or adv 02 situations and characterization, so you don't like changes. You gotta understand the situation first
Nov 21, 2015 11:29 PM
Apr 2013
DarkingDawning said:
Not sure if the whiners are being whiny or I'm blinded with nostalgia glasses. Either way its still an enjoyable movie.

They mostly just want the movie is not different than adv 1 or 2, with generic shounen protagonist way of thinking, etc.
Nov 21, 2015 11:32 PM
Apr 2013
amlg said:
I been waiting for this, but it didn't really turn out to be all what I thought it was going to be. (waited 1+ year just for intro...)

Either way... gotta wait another 4~5+ month for part 2 of the movie... (and there's 6 parts... this things gonna stretch out for like 2~3 years, lol, longest movie ever?)

IE:
4 month per part, 6 part, 24 month = 2 years

As for childhood... Pokemon and Digimon were one of the first few Anime I saw when I just arrived in America (watching Dub on TV).
However, Pokemon had a much more better adventure (which is still continuing today)
While Digimon's adventure were ok, but it never really continued as it always had other sets of hero/ins or alternative worlds... so it never really stick to people that well.

In fact, I brought both Pokemon and Digimon TCG starter packs when it was first released. But everyone only played Pokemon TCG, no one played Digimon TCG... so my Digimon cards just lied in the corner gathering dust... so sad for Digimon, it never got picked up. (then Yu-Gi-Oh arrived, and Digimon TCG just become forgotten....)

well, it's kinda sad that ppl like never ending silly adventure with stupid character resetting over the time and never grow up more than an actual series that have an ending and the characters do grow up
Nov 22, 2015 12:02 AM

Jun 2013
I just recently discovered that the modern Digmon fandom is literally a giant shipping war. Seriously guys? It's supposed to be about the digimon fighting. I'll stick with my vision of it from 15 years ago. As usual, the community ruins everything.

Anyway, this was pretty average as far as anime goes, but below average considering this was supposed to be movie quality. I gave it 5/10 to be nice, but really this seems like Pokemon Origin all over again. All nostalgia wank and very little substance.
Nov 22, 2015 12:19 AM
Apr 2013
ex_necross said:
I just recently discovered that the modern Digmon fandom is literally a giant shipping war. Seriously guys? It's supposed to be about the digimon fighting. I'll stick with my vision of it from 15 years ago. As usual, the community ruins everything.

Anyway, this was pretty average as far as anime goes, but below average considering this was supposed to be movie quality. I gave it 5/10 to be nice, but really this seems like Pokemon Origin all over again. All nostalgia wank and very little substance.

that's only digimon adventure fandom tbh, the franchise fandom or non-adv watcher were never actually doing that.
Nov 22, 2015 1:09 AM

Mar 2015
ex_necross said:

Agree 100%. The majority of Adventure fandom is like that sadly. As for the movie, it was nice seeing them again, but I still have a feeling they are doing this just to satisfy nostalgic fans and not to bring anything interesting to the franchise. When I compare this movie to the other Digimon movies, it doesn't even touch them. Even the Savers 20 min movie was more exciting than this. And yeah, I know it's supposed to set things up, but it wasn't that interesting and directing and pacing were not good anyway. It was enjoyable but other than some great banter between the main characters, pretty visuals and great new versions of Butter-Fly and Brave Heart, it was a pretty sloppy movie overall. Hope the next one will be better. They need to realize that more interesting and cleverly put battles are more valuable than making them flashy. For now, I have a feeling this was made just to milk nostalgia and nothing else.
Nov 22, 2015 4:13 AM

Mar 2013
Hahaha... I don't know what I'm supposed to feel here tbh. It's been years since I last watched Digimon... more so the original series. It's been too long time...
I've completely forgotten about the characters and events prior to the movie except the main trio Yamato, Taichi, Sora and some few vague images that came back to me from that time.
If I had been still a kid or either the movie would've released much sooner, I would've been jumping from excitement and fawned over it for sure. But that's not truly feels like here now..

Still, the reunion b/w Taichi and Agumon and the goggles on him again sure felt nostalgic, brought me to some tears or two :')

And again, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about the teased pairing and relationships implied in the move. How am I supposed to ship anyone if I barely remember their existence in the series? :D
Iirc

Maybe that's why the new girl Meiko is introduced here. Tho I still wonder about how would it turn out from now on.
Kinda disappointment they didn't showed the further evolution of Agumon, Gabumon and Omegamon. Was looking forward to it tbh.
Nov 22, 2015 5:10 AM

Jan 2015
pagina said:
They didn't even MENTIONED Daisuke and the others.

The four episode goes through what, 3 days? Their friends have been missing for THREE days and it's like nothing happened. Aren't Hikari and Takeru supposed to be in the same class as Daisuke? It just doesn't make any sense them not checking out with the rest of the kids to help out.

The 3D's are there, so wtf?

It was SO disappointing.

Bad pacing. Bag writing. Bad direction. Bad animation. Bad music direction.

Did we really need Meiko? What was the point?

The only good thing in this mess was Mimi. Her writing just saved it for me. And I kind of love the fact that they gave Tailmon status as a Champion level back. All the voices seem to be on point as well. Aside from Taichi's and Hikari's, I couldn't even tell they changed actors.

I agree. I didn't ask for this. Awful.
Nov 22, 2015 5:39 AM

Nov 2015
Tenshi_Shura said:

It really is indeed amusing. I guess they failed to realize that this was only an introductory episode. Typical MAL.
Nov 22, 2015 5:48 AM
Apr 2013
BebeCharlotte said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

It really is indeed amusing. I guess they failed to realize that this was only an introductory episode. Typical MAL.

yeah, ppl wanted too much things in first 80 minutes of all 6 parts, they felt they needed more fighting whereas part 1 is even called "reunion", so it's indeed won't be so much fighting.

And so is the information about 02 members, fans insisted too high that they should have mentioned 02 cast too soon...
Nov 22, 2015 5:49 AM

Jul 2013
BebeCharlotte said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

When a series actually takes its time to develop, they'd say it's too slow and has shit pacing and when they address a lot of stuff in the first movie, they'd say it's rushed. There's just no pleasing everyone.

Anyone complaining about the animation probably isn't probably familiar with Toei.
Nov 22, 2015 5:53 AM
Apr 2013
Tenshi_Shura said:
BebeCharlotte said:

When a series actually takes its time to develop, they'd say it's too slow and has shit pacing and when they address a lot of stuff in the first movie, they'd say it's rushed. There's just no pleasing everyone.

Anyone complaining about the animation probably isn't probably familiar with Toei.

surprisingly in the credits no TOEI animators were involved. I understand the evo CG was worse than Savers, but come, on, you didn't see any "quality" like in Sailor Moon Crystal right? Then this was saved
Nov 22, 2015 5:57 AM
Mar 2008
Yeah, i have to got with the people who where dissapionted with it.
The thing about Daisuke and Co.............yeah they where defeated or something, but none of them (Taichi and Co) mention them at all as if they never existed. BUT, my theory is that Digimon Tri could be an alternative version of what we saw in Digimon 2. So, it could be possible, that in this alternative world, Daisuke, Ken and Co didnt survive the final battle which took place not recent but some years in the past. Yeah, that would maybe be too dark for Digimon, but simply dismissing them and not seeing any reaction from Taichi and Co about Daisuke and Co..............this could be indeed one option.
Maybe that could be one reason why Taichi is not the same as we knew it in the past. Yeah, as becoming an adult, everybody changes, but his chance seems to me as if something more happened than a simple change process into adulthood. It could very well be that Taichi changed this way because of what maybe happened to Daisuke.
Yeah, this may well be some wild fanatsy i am having here, but personally, this could be a possibility and as such i wouldnt really deny it. Or Daisuke and Co were inprisioned...............but for that, would Taichi and Co live a life so quiet and calm as if nothing ever happened?
But still, if that is indeed the case, then Toei should have mentioned a little bit more about Daisuke and Co and not only show in the beginning that they were defeated.

But for that, they managed to crap all over the digivolutions. Yeah, to adult level they showed the digivolution.................well............a new version of it, which doesnt look bad, it just takes time to get used to. But what about perfect level? What about ultimate level? Especially ultimate level, i was hyped to see one of my favourite digivolutions again (Agumon Warp Shinka Wargreymon) but what did they do? Nothing. We just see them on screen for a few seconds, already on perfect or ultimate and thats it. Not even into Omegamon they showed the actual digivolution.
So let me get this straight:
Every digivolution into adult they are able to show. But into perfect and ultimate they aren't? So i have to ask, what was the point on showing Metalgreymon and Weregarurumon as well as Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon if they dont show the digivolution and they are only there for 1-2 seconds each? Fanservice? Could be, but if that was suppoused to be it, than it was not implemented well at all.
But again, if this was for fanservice, what about Garudamon, Megakabuterimon, etc? Not that those digimon did anything special, but dont they deserve the same "respect" as Agumon and Gabumon?

On that note, what was about the calling of the attacks? Yeah, there was basically none. Togemon called it, but the rest it seemed they were mute. What was up with that?

Pacing wasnt not as good as it could be (even for the first 4 episodes), as well as the animation at times, CG sometimes was way too noticable and i dont know how to think about Meiko. Buut lets see what the whole story is actually about with the rest if the episodes which are coming out.
But one thing for sure, it was nostalgic (besides the characters and digimon) to hear "Brave Heart", "Butterfly" and "I Wish" again. "Brave Heart" seemed to be the same singer as the original, but "Butterfly" didnt even sound like it was sung by Wada Kouji which is...............meh.
MahadoKusanagiNov 22, 2015 6:04 AM
Nov 22, 2015 6:02 AM

Mar 2015
BebeCharlotte said:

I don't think most of people who didn't like it failed to realize that. Even for an introductory movie, the quality of many aspects was just mediocre. Just because it's a first part of something, doesn't make it immune to criticism. Nobody expected this movie to have a full rounded story or amazing character development and neither did I. What I did expect was for it to feel like a movie. Have an appropriate pacing, good story building and an animation fit for a movie. Too bad, I didn't get that. I enjoyed it solely because of nostalgia. If I wasn't a fan already, I wouldn't like this that much at all.
Nov 22, 2015 6:19 AM
Apr 2013
BliuBliu said:
BebeCharlotte said:

I don't think most of people who didn't like it failed to realize that. Even for an introductory movie, the quality of many aspects was just mediocre. Just because it's a first part of something, doesn't make it immune to criticism. Nobody expected this movie to have a full rounded story or amazing character development and neither did I. What I did expect was for it to feel like a movie. Have an appropriate pacing, good story building and an animation fit for a movie. Too bad, I didn't get that. I enjoyed it solely because of nostalgia. If I wasn't a fan already, I wouldn't like this that much at all.

if you wanna this to feel like movie, then this is not, a movie won't be separated into 6 parts. Calling this an OVA suits more than movie. They from first never mentioned this as 映画 in Japanese
Nov 22, 2015 6:26 AM

Feb 2010
Brings back memories.
is it just me or the animation looks rigid? oh, based toei and evo 3D is meh
OST were quite good, but the story itself is so mediocre

well looking forward to next episode, since this is just beginning

Prog_aloverz13 said:
The reason why this is still worth watching is mimi.

so agree, Mimi best girl

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Nov 22, 2015 6:31 AM
Apr 2013
aiikyoya said:
Brings back memories.
is it just me or the animation looks rigid? oh, based toei and evo 3D is meh
OST were quite good, but the story itself is so mediocre

well looking forward to next episode, since this is just beginning

Prog_aloverz13 said:
The reason why this is still worth watching is mimi.

so agree, Mimi best girl

I don't think so, Savers is better than Tri evo scene
Nov 22, 2015 6:53 AM
Oct 2011
DarklordVor said:

Exactly my thoughts, but there's one thing I'd like to add: The way Taichi behaved felt very forced. I mean the reason he hesitated to do anything was not because he was scared, he was just afraid of hurting people and destroying things. But if he had not done anything the result would've been even worse. So he had no real reason to hesitate.
Nov 22, 2015 6:57 AM
Apr 2013
Sceles said:
DarklordVor said:

Exactly my thoughts, but there's one thing I'd like to add: The way Taichi behaved felt very forced. I mean the reason he hesitated to do anything was not because he was scared, he was just afraid of hurting people and destroying things. But if he had not done anything the result would've been even worse. So he had no real reason to hesitate.

you forgot what the news said?
Nov 22, 2015 7:11 AM

Mar 2015
DATS24 said:
if you wanna this to feel like movie, then this is not, a movie won't be separated into 6 parts. Calling this an OVA suits more than movie. They from first never mentioned this as 映画 in Japanese

You may be right. I guess I might treat it as an OVA then. It still doesn't change my opinion about it sadly. Maybe I'll try watching it again with a new mindset but I don't think I'll feel differently.
Nov 22, 2015 7:16 AM

Jul 2012
Wanted it to be good but it turned out average, I can't understand Taichi's sudden personality change, Ok so he doesn't want the destruction of the city so he's gonna let a giant Digimon just stroll through and destroy stuff? If anything that should make him more motivated.

The digimon digivolution sequences were plain compared to the classic ones on the first digimon season but oh well, Also annoyed how they skipped so many digivolutions at the end and went straight into Omegamon and the general plot is boring lacks the adventure and awe of the classic.
Nov 22, 2015 7:26 AM
Apr 2013
exLightning said:
Wanted it to be good but it turned out average, I can't understand Taichi's sudden personality change, Ok so he doesn't want the destruction of the city so he's gonna let a giant Digimon just stroll through and destroy stuff? If anything that should make him more motivated.

The digimon digivolution sequences were plain compared to the classic ones on the first digimon season but oh well, Also annoyed how they skipped so many digivolutions at the end and went straight into Omegamon and the general plot is boring lacks the adventure and awe of the classic.

>the general plot is boring lacks the adventure and awe of the classic.

what the hell lol, this isn't even taking place in digital world, there's no way how they gonna do adventure if they have things to do in their real life. You gotta understand the situation first
Nov 22, 2015 8:50 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
While I did enjoy this show...
I still don't get it why Agumon and the others didn't just evolve into their Ultimate Form when they fought Kuwagamon to kill them easier?

Also why the Digimons other than Agumon and Gabumon didn't evolve further than Champion level when they faced gundammon Alphamon.

I can't believe they repeated the same foolishness when they fought Metalseadramon long ago. Taking Mega-level Digimon with Champion ones.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 22, 2015 8:59 AM
Oct 2012
maeda ai can sing a remix of the ending song but cannot re-voice back mimi why :((((((( that was my biggest disappointment
Nov 22, 2015 10:08 AM

Jul 2010
This is everything I could've asked for! I can't wait for March 12!
Nov 22, 2015 11:38 AM

Jan 2015
I don't know how they screwed up so bad. Bad animation, bad writing and the fights were also bad. Omegamon and the Utlimate forms were a DEUS machine. Like they put no thought into this when they made it.

Digimon seasons aren't perfect but they were enjoyable. Tri just made me cringe.
MrKai23Nov 22, 2015 11:52 AM
Nov 22, 2015 11:39 AM

Feb 2014
That nostalgic feeling while watching this and hearing the OP once again.

And also, Mimi is cute especially with the ponytail.
Nov 22, 2015 12:02 PM

Feb 2011
Ah it's finally here! :) just finished watching it and there are some complaints that i would like to point it out.

1. Characters Design

I don't like it very much i was hoping Toei would hire Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru back and letting him doing the art for this sequel :/ Oh well.. i guess it's impossible now :( It might take a while to get used to it. But i'm glad that they didn't alter the original Digimon designs though :)

2. Missing Shouting Power Attacks and Missing Digimon Hurt/Cries sound effects

I wonder if it's just me that noticed something is missing during the fights? I would be lying to myself if i didn't felt anything strange during the fights. Watching Digimon fighting is awesome! but it felt really really weird when the Chosen Ones Digimons isn't shouting it's power attacks like it used to =.= And let's not forget about the Hurt/Cries sound effects it's missing as well :( Definitely felt that it was rushed. It's so freaking weird that whenever The Chosen Ones Digimons join in the fight and they automatically became muted :( EXCEPT Togemon she did indeed shout her Power Attack Chiku Chiku Bam Bam thank god! :)

Besides of that, all i heard was punching,kicking stomping,ramming into objects, explosion sound effects. I really hope they won't screw this up! =.=
srwgfanNov 22, 2015 12:10 PM
Nov 22, 2015 12:21 PM
Mar 2008
srwgfan said:
Ah it's finally here! :) just finished watching it and there are some complaints that i would like to point it out.

1. Characters Design

I don't like it very much i was hoping Toei would hire Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru back and letting him doing the art for this sequel :/ Oh well.. i guess it's impossible now :( It might take a while to get used to it. But i'm glad that they didn't alter the original Digimon designs though :)

2. Missing Shouting Power Attacks and Missing Digimon Hurt/Cries sound effects

I wonder if it's just me that noticed something is missing during the fights? I would be lying to myself if i didn't felt anything strange during the fights. Watching Digimon fighting is awesome! but it felt really really weird when the Chosen Ones Digimons isn't shouting it's power attacks like it used to =.= And let's not forget about the Hurt/Cries sound effects it's missing as well :( Definitely felt that it was rushed. It's so freaking weird that whenever The Chosen Ones Digimons join in the fight and they automatically became muted :( EXCEPT Togemon she did indeed shout her Power Attack Chiku Chiku Bam Bam thank god! :)

Besides of that, all i heard was punching,kicking stomping,ramming into objects, explosion sound effects. I really hope they won't screw this up! =.=

No, you werent the only one noticing that, just read my post on page 4.

But............well poeple.............considering how Toei disrespected Sailor Moon with SM Crystal and is just cash-grabbing with the crap called Dragon Ball Super and its two movies "Battle of Goofs" and "Fukkatsu no Fail" without giving actual quality, i think they are treating Digimon somewhat respectful compared to those examples. (Even thou it doesnt mean that it is good)
Nov 22, 2015 2:22 PM

Jun 2014
#me: Grab the popcorn and enjoy the movie
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you like the character design in Tri? ( 1 2 3 )

cro3 - Feb 20, 2015

106 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 28, 2023 12:48 AM

» Why does everyone hate the 02 characters?

12ylie - May 12, 2015

22 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:42 PM

» Can I watch this without watching any of the previous Digimons ?

reyqq - Sep 15, 2021

9 by Ducksama14 »»
Apr 2, 2022 9:30 PM

» Plot holes in 02?

cro3 - Mar 16, 2015

29 by Ducksama14 »»
Apr 2, 2022 9:25 PM

Poll: » sora ( 1 2 )

ninjastarforcex - Dec 15, 2014

81 by StormxNightmare »»
Dec 3, 2020 8:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.