Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 22, 2015 9:31 AM
Apr 2014
Wow... The conversation. Saikawa's part was fine. It sounded like the voice actor at least tried and it came out pretty well. But Magata Miki was terrible. It felt like she was reading the dialogue for the first time and they decided to go with it...

All in all nice episode though.
Nov 22, 2015 11:19 PM

Mar 2012
rsc-pl said:
Please, don't start complaining about 'engrish' like In every fuckin episode, in every anime with English conversation. It's ridiculous. If you are talking with foreigner, you are complaining about his/her accent too?

The story is great, but art is killing me (especially 3D scenes). But it's A1, so I don't know why Im suprised, most of their anime looks like this...

There's Engrish and then there's 7+ minutes of Engrish. Big difference.
Nov 23, 2015 8:17 AM

Jan 2014
That has got to be the longest engrish conversation of all the anime's i've ever seen.. and please don't let it ever happen again. The conversation itself was fine but the actual way they spoke and the pauses before saying anything.. so robotic and just awful. I'm normally not one to complain about this.. but as the conversation was so long and actually seemed to have importance, i felt that the director made a wrong choice in not having either both speak Japanese or.. get a proper native voice actor - End of rant.

Interesting episode beside that though.
Nov 23, 2015 9:20 AM

May 2015
Excellent episode. Yes, the English part was a bit of a “turn off”, but nevertheless still a very good episode overall.

I bet most of the people that rate this episode a “1” was because of the English part, which, if true, it would be nothing short of laughable and pitiable.

Eagerly waiting for the next episode.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Nov 24, 2015 2:15 PM

Jan 2013
Helpme said:
Have you noticed that the diary the 'sister' has is actually the uncles, the one from which the narration in the flashback comes from? (I guess it was presented as quotes in the original novel)

Yep, I noticed it too!
Ep 7:

Ep 1 intro:

Magata's uncle does in fact say: "Summer 2015 - I offer this diary to you to tell you what she was thinking, and what her fate was" so it makes sense that he wrote that diary for Miki, tho i don't know the reason why (atonement?)
Nov 24, 2015 10:50 PM

Mar 2013
That was the most interesting, longest and hilarious at the same time Engrish conversation I've heard in my lifetime, lol. I couldn't hold my laugh at some parts tbh. I felt bad. Saikawa's seiyuu pronunciation was way better than hers though.
Interesting episode. Incredible revelations as well. Wearing a swimsuit and getting into that thing was useful for the encounter with Michiru after all.
HeiizeNov 24, 2015 11:17 PM
Nov 25, 2015 9:38 AM

Jul 2009
So I believe Shiki killed her body, but her mind still alive in the computers or something like that, the encounter with Nishinosono was not something I was expecting.
Nov 25, 2015 6:21 PM

Jul 2014
I think that the one who escaped was Shiki herself. And used the daughter she birthed in the room to pose as her. She raised her daughter to be her. That's why when Nishinosono asked her in the interview as the last question "who are you?" she was surprised for a second. Because she's not actually Shiki but the daughter. And I believe Miki is actually Shiki. Because they said Miki seemed older than Shiki who's supposed to be the older one. She planned it all out. At least that's what I think @_@
If what I think is true Shiki is truly a crazy woman.

Anyways the engrish in this episode was actually quite amazing. This anime is still giving me the creeps but I can't stay away from it.
Nov 25, 2015 9:25 PM

Jun 2015
That Engrish
Nov 26, 2015 4:43 PM

May 2009
xXcorbanXx said:
bastek66 said:

It does https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolation_tank

I think the one made by Magata is an improvement, like she added VR at it so you don't only think about things, you can make them material while you are in there.

It wasn't VR, it was lucid dream.
Nov 26, 2015 7:00 PM

Oct 2008
After the long EngRish part (almost 8 mins) suddenly, it became an outstanding episode!
Looks like that Virtual Augmented Reality device was designed to override once Nishinosono got in, and surely it was planned by Magata.
5/5!

Nov 28, 2015 5:15 AM

Jul 2012
First time to watch an anime with that much Engrish in it, was it 6 minutes? It felt like torture.

Also, It seemed like Magata was going to cry before laughing out loud like that.

bastek66 said:
xXcorbanXx said:

I think the one made by Magata is an improvement, like she added VR at it so you don't only think about things, you can make them material while you are in there.

It wasn't VR, it was lucid dream.

But you can't talk with people in the real world when you are dreaming.
Nov 28, 2015 8:08 AM

Sep 2015
ahahah that engrish though... "Not particuary" lolololol
Is it that hard to find a female gaijin in Japan who knows how to properly speak english? Anyone in the streets would do a better job.

Great episode. I'm slowly starting to like this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2015 3:44 PM

Jan 2011
The English distracted me so much it was hard to take the conversation seriously. RIP
Didn't find this episode too interesting for some reason.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 28, 2015 5:37 PM

Feb 2013
... too much engrish...

They seem to be saying that Shiki has been dead for a while and it was actually Michiru talking to everyone through the video interface.

... or something.
Nov 28, 2015 11:19 PM

Nov 2012
That was some really good English, like, serious, it was pretty good. It sounded real as well as modern.

I really enjoyed Nishi's imagination in the thingy. It was nice watching Saikawa in the flashbacks.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Nov 29, 2015 11:25 AM

May 2014
gedata said:
rsc-pl said:
Please, don't start complaining about 'engrish' like In every fuckin episode, in every anime with English conversation. It's ridiculous. If you are talking with foreigner, you are complaining about his/her accent too?

The story is great, but art is killing me (especially 3D scenes). But it's A1, so I don't know why Im suprised, most of their anime looks like this...

They're both Japanese. It wouldn't have been strange for both of them to be speaking their own langauge. There was no reason to have them go through all that terrible acting.

It weren't that bad. I, just like any pupil, have been through a lot of Engrish education and it still suck. For some people pronunciation can be hard. I am one of them, so I don't blame them.

I dunno how much English they are learning down there, but they should definitely increase it. For someone that has visited Japan for a vacation have had hard times because of their lack of English language knowledge. Maybe it's time for them to have more English education.
Dec 4, 2015 1:48 PM

Feb 2015
Good episode but it had its share of slow boring psts. The best parts are always with Magata. So much Engrish tho. I don't understand why they don't just get an actual english person to do it. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be happy to do it. Still, it's funny to hear.
Dec 10, 2015 5:14 AM

Oct 2013
This was a fascinating episode but WHY THE EXTENDED ENGRISH SCENE??? The script was clearly written by someone with a solid grasp on the language, but the delivery was just... hell, Saikawa's wasn't even that bad. But Shiki's sister just about made me keel over. Wasn't she supposed to have grown up in America? I swear, I'm definitely going to learn Japanese, move to Japan, become a voice actor, and teach these people how to actually speak English in anime.

The scene with Nishinosono in Shiki's contraption was bizarre yet amazing.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 13, 2015 3:22 AM

Feb 2014
I've witnessed worse Engrish..
It's become more interesting. It was also nice we got some bondage time as Nichinosono remembered Saitama was there for her by her side when her parents died..

Also, it cannot be a coincidence she wore a purple dress the day her parents died, which looked very similar to the one Magata's sister wore this ep?
Dec 16, 2015 5:10 PM

Aug 2011
STOP THE ENGRISH

» Escapism.

Dec 18, 2015 11:49 PM

Mar 2012
Japanese engrish are the worst!! Damn!! It was a torture. There's a lot of people who aren't really english native speaker and could have done better.
Dec 19, 2015 11:41 PM

Jul 2015
Another great episode. Don't know why people are complaining about the English, it's way better than it is in most animes.
Dec 22, 2015 8:14 AM

May 2012
Holy moly that Engrish was bad and it also took so long!!!

Oh well, in general there was some quite interesting story development especially that ending! So let's see what will happen next.
Dec 27, 2015 1:36 AM

Jul 2012
I might kill myself just because of the Engrish scene

Like, oh my god

Why the fuck don't you hire some legit English speakers...
Feb 23, 2016 3:51 PM

Jan 2014
Oh no she didn't. Did Magaka transfer her consciousness to the computer, or did she create an alternate reality in which she no longer needs her original consciousness?

Also, that revelation about Nishinosono and Sensei. Her image of a jolly Sensei was cute in its innocence though.

shadowchild23 said:
ahahah that engrish though... "Not particuary" lolololol
Is it that hard to find a female gaijin in Japan who knows how to properly speak english? Anyone in the streets would do a better job.

Great episode. I'm slowly starting to like this.
mangalicker94 said:
gedata said:

They're both Japanese. It wouldn't have been strange for both of them to be speaking their own langauge. There was no reason to have them go through all that terrible acting.

It weren't that bad. I, just like any pupil, have been through a lot of Engrish education and it still suck. For some people pronunciation can be hard. I am one of them, so I don't blame them.

No one blames anyone, but the Engrish this episode was just unecessary and breaks the immersion. Like shadowchild23 said, they could have just plucked a tourist from the streets. She doesn't even need to be able to act, because no way her performance would be worse than this. Also, they were two Japanese characters. Yes, one lived in the US, but it would still have been perfectly plausible for her to speak Japanese. If a foreigner speeks English to me like that, I appreciate their effort to speak it in the first place, but if they choose to needlessly spend their budget like this in an anime, there is no excuse.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 6, 2016 11:15 AM

Jan 2014
I like how the story is progressing.
So she wasn't alone after all, awww.
The scenes in that dream capsule were amazing.
I hope Saikawa-sensei and Nishinosono-san will end up together :3
Apr 26, 2016 4:28 PM

May 2015
The engirsh was pretty uncomfortable to sit through. But I think the voice actors did put up a good effort.
Jun 23, 2016 11:52 AM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I don't think that I know much more after this episode than I knew before it. This was just eating potato chips waiting for another hamburger to come off the grill.
Aug 21, 2016 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
Ahh, they kinda didnt investigate anymore D:
A lot of backstory this episode, that's interesting.
Liked to see how Moe came to meet the Sensei. Also we got to see a bit more on the "relation" between Moe and Magata; still a bit confusing but very intriguing
Hope next episode they investigate stuff *.*
Mar 25, 2017 1:08 PM

Jul 2009
That was a really long Engrish conversation :O Probably one of the longest I've seen. It actually wasn't that bad, I could understand most of what they said, but it was kind of slow and stilted :P Seems like even Miki doesn't understand her sister very well ... Moe gets into this strange machine and has another conversation with Shiki?! Or at least the Michiru personality of hers anyway. We get to see more of how Moe's parents died and how Saikawa was there with her, and then Shiki plotting and coming up with a cover story for what her uncle was doing ... oh boy lol. There are sure some strange things in this lab but things are definitely picking up :P
Sep 16, 2017 6:28 PM

Jan 2016
Engrish as its finest.

damn glasses girl havin lewd thoughts.
Sep 29, 2017 6:27 PM

Dec 2012
Moe turns 20 in December.
Oh shit! Shimada would rather watch anime. Best girl.
Dat Engrish.
Take off her clothes?
Oh snap! Swimsuits!
Dat Engrish conversation.
The long ass Engrish convo is over. lol
lol at what Moe is seeing.
Dat ass. Dat oppai.
lol at Shimada.
So Moe has black hair.
Why are you beating the officer's chest? He did nothing wrong.
Dat smack.
Dat laugh.
Dat ending.

I must say...I like Shimada.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 15, 2018 2:09 AM

Sep 2013
That extended English scene and the sensory deprivation tank scene were both such a trip!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 20, 2020 8:44 PM

Jun 2019
Mayuka said:

Like, oh my god

Yet if they hired a native English speaker for the VA role, they might come off sounding too American, British, Australian, etc. in accent when the character portrayed is still supposed to be one having lived and been raised in the U.S., but with a Japanese background (ethnic Japanese).
Apr 20, 2020 10:16 PM

Jul 2012
WatchTillTandava said:
Mayuka said:

Like, oh my god

Yet if they hired a native English speaker for the VA role, they might come off sounding too American, British, Australian, etc. in accent when the character portrayed is still supposed to be one having lived and been raised in the U.S., but with a Japanese background (ethnic Japanese).
hire an asian american then o_o

or a VA in japan who knows better eng
Oct 4, 2020 10:37 AM

Jun 2012
The engrish scene was sooooo bad. At the very least, it was intelligible. But the delivery was horrendous, like they are just reading their lines instead of acting them. It wouldn't be such a problem if it didn't go on for so damn long.
Shoot first, think never.
Dec 17, 2020 9:22 AM
Mar 2019
why is it necessary to use english when it is so obvious that it is not spoken correctly, it really ruins the enjoyment for me
May 6, 2021 10:35 PM

Nov 2010
Man, I wish virtual reality machines like that exists in real life.

Moe looks really nice in her natural color medium length hair.
Jul 11, 2021 7:16 PM
Dec 2017
That Engrish though i must say is the best.

Nov 7, 2021 12:38 PM

Aug 2017
Just noticed that the knife the Director was killed with seems to be the same as the one 15 years ago. Probably relevant.

Also, that Lum swimsuit
St0rmbladeNov 7, 2021 12:43 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2015

278 by wildhood »»
Mar 8, 8:29 PM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2015

175 by 0arche »»
Jan 10, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2015

228 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 25, 2023 10:55 PM

» For anyone who want to know why shiki escaped the island and her story in light novel

Baoyeuconpo9999 - Mar 10, 2023

3 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Mar 11, 2023 8:59 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2015

172 by Floral_soap »»
Jan 14, 2023 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.