Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 18, 2015 10:03 AM

Sep 2015
Well? I myself remember playing the first three games and enjoyed it quite well. Was this a good move by Nintendo?
Nov 18, 2015 10:09 AM

Feb 2008
Of course it was a good movie. A lot of people will buy it just because of nostalgia, so it will be a good chunk of money.

And it's not re-release. It's Virtual Console.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 18, 2015 10:15 AM

Feb 2015
ZetaZaku said:
Of course it was a good movie.

I enjoyed the red movie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2015 10:31 AM

May 2010
ZetaZaku said:
And it's not re-release. It's Virtual Console.

What would qualify it as a re-release?
Nov 18, 2015 10:52 AM

Feb 2013
I am definitely buying pokémon Yellow since I never played it
Nov 18, 2015 10:58 AM

Dec 2014
Unless you wanna use the wifi features really badly, I see no point in buying them. You can easily find roms for each game.
Nov 18, 2015 1:09 PM

Oct 2009
Yea, it's a fantastic move. About time they ported them to the 3DS.

If I find someone to play with, I'll buy one of them, but at this point I have no plans. I own the original red, blue, and yellow version.

Nov 18, 2015 2:30 PM

Sep 2014
I'm looking forward to these, even though my original games still work I think.
Not sure if they'll be something I'll buy off the bat, but if the nostalgia ever bites, I'm in.
Nov 18, 2015 2:32 PM

Feb 2013
My Yellow's sitting on my shelf with my gameboy color, but the backlight on 3DS is a huge plus.
Nov 18, 2015 2:46 PM

Aug 2014
Good question. Will have to sleep on this one, but I'm leaning towards thisshitprintsmoneyformotherfuckingnintendo.
Sieg Zeon!
Nov 18, 2015 4:42 PM

Mar 2013
They should release the other in digital as well since Price for them are very high.
Nov 18, 2015 5:53 PM
Mar 2008
I'm excited for this release. I grew up with the Pokemon, but never played the games. I watched the show and a couple of my friends were into the trading card game. I just got into the games with the last 2 releases, so I'd like to play through the originals.

I've seen people complaining about the price, but I don't think it's much at all. It's 3 games for half the price of current new games.

Also, seems like Amazon is going to start selling digital downloads now. Kinda cool. I had only noticed Gamestop doing that in the past.
Nov 18, 2015 8:34 PM

Jan 2013
excited to play them with my big bro like it's the 90s again.
Nov 18, 2015 8:39 PM

Jun 2014
The originals are broke as hell gameplay wise, not excited to go back to these. But good for the people who never got to play it.

Yellow was my first Pokemon game but I more fondly remember FR&LG, much better in my opinion.
Nov 19, 2015 2:24 AM

Aug 2013
meanwhile my yellow and blue + gameboy pocket work fucking fine
why not silver/crystal/gold? your shitty clocks all broke a while ago GF
Nov 19, 2015 2:57 AM

Feb 2015
I don't really care for gen 1 tbh (at least not for 10 bucks), but I'd buy Cristal version in a heart beat
Nov 19, 2015 2:58 AM

Dec 2013
This almost makes me wish I had a 3DS
Nov 19, 2015 3:22 AM

Dec 2014
Re-release and not remaster?

Definitely no. Waste of money.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Nov 19, 2015 3:26 AM

Jan 2013
aLotQuestion said:
Re-release and not remaster?
What made you think they would they do this? They already did a remaster for GBA. They're basically admitting they don't want to do another one if they're going to the trouble of fixing the Virtual Console copy to run multiplayer on a new console.
Nov 19, 2015 4:56 AM

Oct 2015
Can't wait to play them :D
Nov 19, 2015 6:50 AM

Nov 2012
I think most people already intrested in playing it again already played them to absolute death and back again from emulators on PC and modern phones. And even playing the originals isn't farfetched if you still have your Game Boy working used copies of them without the box are pretty reasonable if something happen to your old one.

Myself I bought and played Fire Red when it first came out, bought in played Heart Gold when it came out , and that was pretty much it for me for the classic pokemon I think the pokemon games have gotten to a point for me where there really isn't anything more I can get out of them at this point, I didn't realize this until half way through playing X when it came out.

They certiaintly aren't bad by any means but I've just done it all before. I remember thinking about a year ago that after having played a number of increasingly sophisticated and amazing RPG after pokemon, it made it more difficult for me to get that same child like enjoyment out of it. As a child a huge portion of my enjoyment o the game was about me playing it almost totally blind and discovering things new things/how to overcome challenges with almost no familiarity and experience to guide me, almost like a journey of my own lol
Nov 19, 2015 2:37 PM

Oct 2012
Meh, I want a remake of the 2nd generation.
Nov 19, 2015 4:19 PM

Nov 2011
you're only a few years late Nintendo >.>
what's even the point of releasing this when everyone and their grandma who like the old games already have a copy or two stored in their pc (and possibly a physical copy of the game as well)..?
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Nov 19, 2015 7:04 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Eden2307 said:
My Yellow's sitting on my shelf with my gameboy color, but the backlight on 3DS is a huge plus.

Will it makes crossing Rock Tunnel(Not using Flash).

Nov 19, 2015 8:30 PM

Nov 2012
So did no one else play fire red or leaf green? Or was I dreaming ..
Nov 19, 2015 9:50 PM

Jun 2011
DreamingBeats said:
what's even the point of releasing this when everyone and their grandma who like the old games already have a copy or two stored in their pc (and possibly a physical copy of the game as well)..?

Yeah, I've got all three, and I don't even like Pokemon that much lol.

Older people probably already played it, while younger people will probably be put off by its age (let's be honest, the game has not aged well). Plus, the price they are charging is way too expensive; should be $3 a piece, tops.
Nov 19, 2015 10:34 PM

Nov 2011
Narmy said:
DreamingBeats said:

Older people probably already played it, while younger people will probably be put off by its age (let's be honest, the game has not aged well). Plus, the price they are charging is way too expensive; should be $3 a piece, tops.

even $3 is overpriced imo, considering the games are about two decades old
and all they did was add wireless transfer (which i doubt took very long to implement)
maybe if it was an iOS/android app, but it's locked to 3ds only.

a courtesy free download option would have been nice and a chance for a good PR, but alas.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Nov 19, 2015 10:38 PM

Jan 2013
DreamingBeats said:
Narmy said:

even $3 is overpriced imo,
What can $3 buy? Most shit games on Steam are $3. A loaf of bread is $3. A bag of chips is $3. Why is $3 overpriced to play a legacy game that gives you a chance to relive your childhood. I would have to pay ten times that amount if I wanted to find a working gameboy (advance) and a cartridge with a working battery. $3 for a copy of the game to take on the go, with a backlit screen, with functioning trading features?

You all sound pretty spoiled to me.
Nov 19, 2015 10:52 PM

Nov 2012
narmy has metroid II wow . I never known someone IRL that had it or even seen that cartridge anywhere besides online listings.

I saw Earthbound cartridge only 1 time and it was going for $200 at a used bookstore. That bitch was gone the next day too.
Nov 20, 2015 12:06 AM

Feb 2008
CursedFein said:
Then play Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Nov 20, 2015 3:00 AM
May 2009
I never saw point of getting the other 2.
Since I had red. and the other two were basically the same, except missing pokemon. and one letting you start with Pikachu.
Nov 20, 2015 3:54 PM

Jan 2013
mustardBomb001 said:
During Steam summer sale of this year, you could had bought Battleblock Theater and Castle Crashers for only $3. Two games from 2008 and 2013 respectively.
... your point?
Nov 20, 2015 7:53 PM

Jan 2013
mustardBomb001 said:
Syrup- said:
... your point?

I need to say more? $9.99 is expansive for a 20 years old game. It's even more expansive than SNES and GBA titles in VC.
yeah but your point contains a major flaw. RBY could go on sale at any point in the future, just like the two games you mentioned. Castle Crashers goes for $16 off sale, as does Battleblock Theatre. $10 is only 60% of that price, and it's a game that isn't just a broken copy of the game hastily ported to Virtual Channel. I'm sure they'll drop the price eventually, but refusing to pay $10 for this game that you treasured so much from your childhood? So very spoiled you gamers have become. 'Nintendo deserves better fans' indeed.

edit: more than that, you guys are absolute tools to the highest power. You blindly believed $10 was the price they were going for when any simple google search will tell you that's a rumor. There is no official price. It could just as easily be free for all you guys know. GBC games on the shop go for $4 a piece. I don't see them marking the game up 250% just to exploit people's nostalgia.
Syrup-Nov 20, 2015 8:00 PM
Nov 20, 2015 8:06 PM

Jul 2014
Can you trade over wifi or is it just the ir sensor?
Nov 20, 2015 8:23 PM

Sep 2009
Can only see myself getting one of the games. I still own all three of them but it would be nice to be able to play one of them on a proper screen(besides PC) as well as taking it on the go. Probably will get Yellow as I usually play that every few years.
Nov 20, 2015 9:12 PM
Jan 2014
I'm so excited. I'm gonna go right out and get that. And a 'DS', and a cookie, and a pair of shoes; and a piece of pie, and .... (Snoring)
Nov 21, 2015 8:46 AM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
It was a good move as plenty of people will buy it.
Will I buy it? No, I have them for my Gameboy, which is the same reason I didn't buy omega ruby or sapphire.

Its the same game except slightly changed and I don't like all the different shit they keep adding into the new pokemon games mega evolutions and other shit + they ran out of stuff to model off 2 gens ago so most of the new pokemon are shit or plain stupid.

I imagine they will re make all the GameCube, GameBoy and DS games for the 3DS, since I have the originals for most of them I doubt I will get any of them tbh...
Nov 21, 2015 9:38 AM

Jul 2014
PurplePanties said:
they ran out of stuff to model off 2 gens ago so most of the new pokemon are shit or plain stupid.
grimer -> muk, blob of slime -> bigger blob of slime. diglet -> dugtrio, diglet -> three diglets. In fact a large number of the evolutionary lines in all generations just get bigger with very little aesthetic changes beyond that. Voltorb -> Electrode...seriously?
Nov 21, 2015 10:22 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
ibear said:
PurplePanties said:
they ran out of stuff to model off 2 gens ago so most of the new pokemon are shit or plain stupid.
grimer -> muk, blob of slime -> bigger blob of slime. diglet -> dugtrio, diglet -> three diglets. In fact a large number of the evolutionary lines in all generations just get bigger with very little aesthetic changes beyond that. Voltorb -> Electrode...seriously?

And Koffing as well, it basically evolves into a larges Koffing with two heads.

Nov 21, 2015 10:59 AM

Sep 2015
SweetKotomi said:
ibear said:

Or magnemite to magneton, lol
Nov 21, 2015 11:40 AM

Feb 2008
bakalchemist said:
SweetKotomi said:

Or magnemite to magneton, lol

Or Seel that's just a....seal.

Nov 21, 2015 1:23 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Hoenn also had some pretty ugly and lackluster designs.

- Spinda
- Torkoal
- Pelipper

Nov 21, 2015 3:54 PM

Apr 2011
What was the reason for not having a 100% chance on any attack in the first gen games again ?
Nov 22, 2015 3:27 PM

Oct 2012
ZetaZaku said:
CursedFein said:
Then play Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

I meant for the 3DS but yeah my bad, remaster would be the appropriate word.
Nov 22, 2015 7:39 PM

Jan 2013
mustardBomb001 said:
Amazon started the pre-orders of gen I games. So, I believe the price is $9.99 (I don't think amazon made a mistake with the price). Yes, Nintendo is charging 250% more than usual just to exploit people's nostalgia. Not the first time, the same happened with Earthbound which cost slightly more than other SNES titles in VC.

Nintendo rarely drops the prices or make deals. Zelda Skyward Sword is the first example that comes to my mind. I'm pretty sure the game still cost $60.
lol how can they release a preorder for a VC game. Use ya head. It's a pre-order, of course the price is marked up. Also did you ever consider the fact that it could just be AMAZON exploiting nostalgia? Since when does Amazon = Nintendo?

More topics from this board

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

31 by Timeline_man »»
3 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3719 by creepylurker »»
10 hours ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

49 by SwordBreaker36 »»
11 hours ago

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

Ex-Aid - Today

2 by SwordBreaker36 »»
11 hours ago

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

50 by Dumb »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.