Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 19, 2015 12:15 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty slow episode, but left many questions in the end.
Nov 19, 2015 12:38 AM
May 2015
Geez, I wonder what's the fuss about Tatewaki's concern for Sakurako's dead cat.

And who is Sakurajo talking to anyways?????
Nov 19, 2015 1:55 AM

Mar 2009
Ehh, this episode was boring. The previous two-parter was much more interesting. Hopefully, something will actually happen in the next episode, since it seems to be about Sakurako.
Nov 19, 2015 4:30 AM

Feb 2014
This episode had a slow pace, but was still interesting about Sakurako's dead cat.

I guess the second part of this mini-arc will be more engaging, but at least this episode didn't bore me. Yuriko's outfit was nicely done though. ^_^

Although I do understand Shoutarou's concerns, he does have a tendency to complain and whine a tad too much. It goes to show the major difference between him and Sakurako and how they can never agree on certain situations like with Sakurako's cat.
Nov 19, 2015 5:25 AM

Dec 2012
I wonder why she keeps the head of her cat with her. Interesting episode, I like the atmosphere.
Nov 19, 2015 5:35 AM

Aug 2008
J0kerz said:
Did anyone else notice that Yuri only greeted Sakurako and didnt even acknowledge Shoutarou until he spoke to her? Me thinks Yuri has some 'yuri' feelings for Sakurako.
You need professional help.

After this episode it's hard to give a damn any more. Everything in the series feels so pointless. You have an autistic bone freak, you have a kid with too much time on his hand, you have a girl with some kind of saviour complex, a botanical freak, some things happen and it all comes down to absolutely nothing. It's like a story written for a school assignment while thinking "ok, 300 words left, how can I pad this more".
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 19, 2015 7:38 AM

Jun 2014
J0kerz said:

After this episode it's hard to give a damn any more. Everything in the series feels so pointless. You have an autistic bone freak, you have a kid with too much time on his hand, you have a girl with some kind of saviour complex, a botanical freak, some things happen and it all comes down to absolutely nothing. It's like a story written for a school assignment while thinking "ok, 300 words left, how can I pad this more".

Honestly I'm starting to feel this way about this anime as well.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 19, 2015 8:39 AM

Jul 2014
Antanaru said:
J0kerz said:
Did anyone else notice that Yuri only greeted Sakurako and didnt even acknowledge Shoutarou until he spoke to her? Me thinks Yuri has some 'yuri' feelings for Sakurako.

LMAO
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Nov 19, 2015 9:17 AM

Jun 2013
so a cultural festival episode and the dude took someone's bones shit that's disturbing and she stole cat bones?
Nov 19, 2015 11:51 AM

Sep 2013
Morality.
Looks like sakurako wants to investigate her brothers death probably.

mrcmc888 said:
Is this supposed to be a healing anime? Murder and death don't seem very healing to me...

When someone dies you are hurt and get trapped in the past, but you should move forward and heal which is what's this anime is about.
Sakurako san doesn't not appreciate life as much as she should or something because someone died probably.
Which is why shoutaro wants to help her by getting her too feel again.

Antanaru said:

It's a healing anime, move forward from the past which traps you.
Not everything needs complex plot and developments, only 3rd rate reviewers think a series must have those.
So far the characters and the cases are nice, but we'll see how it wraps up at the end.
Nov 19, 2015 11:53 AM

Apr 2014
That first half isn't so bad...need more of Yuriko.
Cat bones are missing...since Sakurako was holding the cat skull...does that mean she took it? Might be possible since she even try to bring a human skull back home when they found it in early episode haha.
When you starting to doubt someone, that is when all trust are lost.
Nov 19, 2015 2:02 PM

May 2009
mrcmc888 said:
Is this supposed to be a healing anime? Murder and death don't seem very healing to me...

It's mystery anime, if you want healing you watch Aria or NNB.
Nov 19, 2015 7:43 PM

Aug 2007
Sakurako would have loved my high school's lab, it had a complete human skelaton.

About the whole pet cat turned into a specimen, for someone like Sakurako to do such a thing is actually a proof of how much she cared for the animal. She named the cat and then labelled the cat skelaton as such, that's huge coming from Sakurako.

Those final moments were really weird and piqued my interest.
Nov 19, 2015 7:45 PM

Apr 2014
Free cat skeleton, Its like payment for helping that teacher out.
---------My Profile------------
Nov 19, 2015 9:26 PM

Jun 2015
Not sure what to make of this episode. It was neither boring nor interesting, nothing much happened except at the end.
Nov 19, 2015 10:48 PM

May 2015
shoutaro seems like annoying this ep, if that cat was death so long time ago what's the problem?
Nov 20, 2015 4:03 AM

Aug 2008
ichii_1 said:
Not everything needs complex plot and developments, only 3rd rate reviewers think a series must have those.
So far the characters and the cases are nice, but we'll see how it wraps up at the end.
You have to be kidding. First people were calling boring series SoL, now it's healing? Aria is a healing series. Tamayura, NNB and titles like that. This is not a healing series. It's just a pointless, badly written series. I'm not asking for a complex plot and development, I'm asking for any.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 20, 2015 6:04 AM
Dec 2012
Antanaru said:
ichii_1 said:
You have to be kidding. First people were calling boring series SoL, now it's healing? Aria is a healing series. Tamayura, NNB and titles like that. This is not a healing series. It's just a pointless, badly written series. I'm not asking for a complex plot and development, I'm asking for any.

The cases they solve together is the plot.
Nov 20, 2015 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
Nothing happened this time around until the last few minutes which are really interesting, I wonder if it’s concerning her brother.
Nov 20, 2015 1:04 PM

Nov 2015
Sakurako is autistic as fuck

kinda reminds me of mal
Nov 20, 2015 6:45 PM

Dec 2013
La_Matona301 said:
Geez, I wonder what's the fuss about Tatewaki's concern for Sakurako's dead cat.

"Even if I feel like I've made a connection with her, we're very different person"

It is obvious that Tatewaki admires Sakurako in a special way. I believe he is just mad that Sakurako perceive the dead cat in a different way. He whined and vent his frustrations on Sakurako. A very immature move from him
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Nov 20, 2015 9:43 PM

Dec 2010
anyone else think she has a secret room with her brothers reconstructed bones in them? for some reason this episode made me think something like that was a possibility.
Nov 21, 2015 12:05 AM

Oct 2011
I wonder if Sassaki sensei killed Natsuko?
Nov 21, 2015 4:15 AM

Jun 2013
Shoutarou is too emotional for my tastes but it's completely understandable why he got upset with Sakurako-san. Still, crying? I'd understand if he was crying over the loss of his own pet but it's really none of his business how other people metabolize tragedy and the shock of losing someone or something.

BTW, he looked ten times better with his fake glasses on.

I'm more curious as to who Sakurako was talking to at the end.
臭い-
Nov 21, 2015 7:32 AM

Nov 2011
In terms of drawings and set designs, the episode is great, the quality is of great level. Speaking of the narrative there are no faults to report, on the whole episode is a more than satisfactory. Mystery and atmosphere make it interesting spot on the vision of the story, I'm curious, I look forward to the next episode. I must admit that the episode, I loved it.
Nov 22, 2015 6:40 AM

Jun 2014
Coldbid said:
anyone else think she has a secret room with her brothers reconstructed bones in them? for some reason this episode made me think something like that was a possibility.

I think so too.
The show itself is about moving on and letting go of the past, so Sakurako's obsession with clinging onto remains is perceived as being "trapped" and unhealthy.

About the cat thing, I've always been interested in dissecting animal remains (pigeons, squirrels after seeing them on the road) but I don't think I would like to do it to a pet.
Nov 22, 2015 8:24 AM

Nov 2012
i actually really liked this episode, the character interactions were enjoyable.
and sakurako has a fiancee, didn't expect that.
Nov 22, 2015 7:43 PM

Oct 2013
Can't wait for next week's episode because I have positively no clue what the point in all this is so far.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 23, 2015 6:23 PM
Aug 2015
Bleh ep again.
And if the reason Sakurako keeps Ulna's skeleton is because it is the only/few mistery she couldn't solve?

Again, who is her fiancé? Maybe the guy in the black coat and hat from ep 5??? :P

Am i the only one who actually like the sensei?? xD
Nov 24, 2015 11:04 PM

Mar 2013
I loved how much they depth into the bones topic now.
To be honest, I find Shoutarou's personality to be quite assertive and appropriate for a boy of his age. Plus he seems to be very emotional and sensitive at most times. I like him. I've done so since the episode of Ii-chan.
Nov 25, 2015 9:40 AM

Jul 2009
It was nice to see Sakurako at school!
I am really curious to see her fiancé! I hope they show him until the last episode.
Nov 27, 2015 10:15 AM

Aug 2013
oh... something mysterious now.
Shoutarou just acted like a spoilt child there lol.
Nov 28, 2015 4:11 PM

Jan 2011
Antanaru said:

It feels very pointless, there is just no proper character development in this show...
Meh
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 29, 2015 2:39 AM

Jul 2008
So the one in bed was....her brother?
Nov 29, 2015 4:26 AM
Mar 2012
WolfWood37 said:
So the one in bed was....her brother?

"prof Shitara (Masamichi) of Forensic Med", her uncle maybe. Seems like he's very ill, but knows about her dead cat. No clues how it relates to an unsolved case.
A deceased professor & his box of remains. Box of notes. All these info drops, but nothing connected...makes it boring. I don't really get Shoutarou.
Teacher into flowers & Yuriko saved the episode. After 7 episodes waiting finally fiance mentioned, but where is he?
Nov 29, 2015 10:46 AM

Oct 2008
got a bit sleepy watching this episode...
3/5.

Nov 29, 2015 12:55 PM

Mar 2011
Shoutarou is starting to get on my nerves; he is trying to force his ideals into Sakurako and baiscally acts like her parent restricting her to do anything rash?

I'm sorry mate but the world doesn't fit into your ideals and then he starts to get emotional when he sees a cat bone? She can do what she wants with her own cat and if she doesn't get affected by what she does why question her? Grow up stupid kid.

At the moment, nothing really felt important and the backstory doesn't really give it much interest either. I want to see if it gets better before I drop, just sharing :/

Edit: Just read the thoughts of previous posts; fair enough seeing a different point of view on this
AlfyanNov 29, 2015 1:00 PM
Dec 1, 2015 5:46 PM

Dec 2011
Its so annoying that Shoutarou is such a whiner and a nag. My goodness. -_-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2015 6:11 PM

Jul 2009
Good setup episode with a deceased professor, Sakurako's uncle (?) in the hospital, and another glimpse at her past ... so she had a cat huh? Personally I find Shoutarou's reaction a bit exaggerated, I mean sure I can see why he'd be upset but not everybody has to do things exactly the way you do ... IMO Sakurako did the best thing she could with her cat's bones, given her love for them. I wonder if she stole the cat bones from the boxes? :O Either way, this episode was a bit weak and the characters aren't nearly as compelling as I thought they'd be at the beginning :( Hope this arc gets better!
Dec 4, 2015 7:46 AM

May 2010
gedata said:
Shotaro looked like he was gonna cry when he heard how cold Sakurako was when talking about a cat that died years ago. What an overreacting baby.
`

He's really annoying.
Dec 16, 2015 2:43 AM

Jul 2014
jucheck said:
aratinga said:
lol shoutarou is such a pussy

most annoying character in the series
Dec 21, 2015 11:19 PM

Aug 2014
That sensei is awesome. We need more of him.

WHERE IS THE FIANCE!!!!!!!

I really like this anime. But this is an anime that you marathon, and not an anime that you watch one episode per week.
Dec 23, 2015 6:39 PM

Jan 2013
Boring episode to me, too many of the conversations feel like they are just there to move the plot forward.
Jan 7, 2016 4:36 AM

May 2012
Pretty interesting start of this arc, let's see how the story continues!
Jan 25, 2016 11:37 AM

Aug 2014
i find shoutaro annoying this episode tbh (and sort of always). i also hate how the camera focuses on the legs/chest sometimes.
Jan 26, 2016 7:53 AM

Jun 2008
i am a little confused about the cat skull. was that of her own cat or were they really cat bones in the boxes?

DarklordVor said:

We get it. That Sakurako is kind of heartless since we meet her in the beginning. Now we're going to go to her past about the cat.

There is no way she is heartless because she understands people.
She just has different way of thinking, that is all. Nothing that she did was cold and cruel, she just doesn't always fit to society norms.
MonadJan 26, 2016 8:02 AM
Jan 27, 2016 11:54 PM

Apr 2011
Shoutarou is weak.

He should stop going for Sakurako go with Yoruko instead. He is not fit of a man for her. The closest thing he could be for her is a replacement for her dead little brother.
MagitoJan 29, 2016 8:27 PM
Apr 5, 2016 2:07 AM

Jan 2014
What's wrong with that shounen? It is really no big deal what she did with her dead cat...
And yeah, I'm not sure what's going on yet so I can't wait to watch the next episode! :D
Apr 27, 2016 9:59 PM

Nov 2012
School festival... I didn't expect this kind of cheer in this anime. Nice to see Yuriko again, though.

I guess this episode is to show how utterly different Sakurako is to Shoutaro, he kinda got upset about that. Though it's seem Sakurako isn't totally unbothered either.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
May 10, 2016 12:03 PM

Jun 2014
In the light of this episode, two things are clear again: Shoutarou is a crybaby and Itsuki is fucking annoying.
Rely on nothing under heaven
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

211 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.