MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

"Do you know any famous people/celebrity who watch anime or read manga?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» "Do you know any famous people/celebrity who watch anime or read manga?

Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
12-28-09, 5:41 PM

Jhonen Vasquez is an anime he's seen and talked about Evangelion

12-28-09, 5:44 PM

Splitter said:
ArnoldK said:
No mention of Quentin Tarantino yet? There's a reason why he asked Production I.G. to do the animated segments of Kill Bill.

When Daryl Hannah asked Tarantino for some references for her character, Elle Driver, one of the sources he pointed her towards was Cowboy Bebop.

(IMO, there are only three "name" choices for directing the Cowboy Bebop movie - Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez, or Steven Soderbergh)

I want Robert Rodriguez to direct a live-action Black Lagoon.

Tarintino better direct the CB movie to atleast make it decent

12-28-09, 5:59 PM

The ones I know of...

Robin Williams (many references to Evangelion in his films such as in One Hour Photo and Robots, he was also one of the first people ADV pitched the live action Evangelion idea to)
Tobey Maguire (big Robotech fan)
Kanye West (aparrently likes shoujo and plays hentai games)
Gackt Camui (dunno who this guy is but im told he likes anime)
James Cameron (loves Metropolis and wants to adapt Battle Angel Alita into a feature film trilogy, he was also seen wearing a Battle Angel shirt on the set of Avatar)
Hulk Hogan (one piece, pokemon and ultimate muscule fan and he actually looks like a character from pokemon)
Andrew W.K. (has covered many songs from anime)
Will Smith (miyazaki fan)
Zac Efron (just as planned)
James Kyson Lee (attends anime cons)
Keanu Reeves (see you space cowboy)
Christian Bale (miyazaki fan)
Steven Spielberg (his favourite car chase is from The Castle of Cagliostro and he admires miyazaki, he also wanted to adapt Ghost in the Shell into a feature film)
George Lucas (draws many inspirations from anime)
Quentin Tarantino (same as george lucas)
Jackson Rathbone (also loves Avatar: The Last Airbender)
Daniel Radcliffe (ippo fan - hell yes!)
Robert Pattinson (another ippo fan)
Masi Oka (also likes 20th Century Boys)
Hayley Williams (has cosplayed as Re-l and Saya at concerts)
Leonardo DiCaprio (wanted to make a live action akira)
Daft Punk (had their own anime made based on one of their albums)
Fightstar (big Evangelion fans, many references in their songs)
Gwen Stefani (one of her No Doubt videos was based on kite - which is a hentai ova)

Heres a good thread on another forum about famous anime fans if you want to know more.

Also, I assume this has been posted already but I'll post it again anyway.

Lith said:
flygon250 said:
The only person I can think of at the moment is Jonathan Ross. I don't know how famous he is internationally, but he is quite famous here in the UK.
didnt expect him to be an anime fan ;o

Jonathan Ross is always banging on about Japan and anime. He has also read his fair share of manga.
Modified by Touka, 12-28-09, 6:31 PM
If you are a fan of (or simply interested in) Japanese films then please join the Cinema of Japan club! Thank you (:

12-28-09, 6:12 PM

Touka said:
The ones I know of...

Robin Williams (many references to Evangelion in his films such as in One Hour Photo and Robots, he was also one of the first people ADV pitched the live action Evangelion idea to)
Tobey Maguire (big Robotech fan)
Kanye West (aparrently likes shoujo and plays hentai games)
Gackt Camui (dunno who this guy is but im told he likes anime)
James Cameron (loves Metropolis and wants to adapt Battle Angel Alita into a feature film trilogy, he was also seen wearing a Battle Angel shirt on the set of Avatar)
Hulk Hogan (one piece, pokemon and ultimate muscule fan and he actually looks like a character from pokemon)
Andrew W.K. (has covered many songs from anime)
Will Smith (miyazaki fan)
Zac Efron (just as planned)
James Kyson Lee (attends anime cons)
Keanu Reeves (see you space cowboy)
Christian Bale (miyazaki fan)
Steven Spielberg (his favourite car chase is from The Castle of Cagliostro and he admires miyazaki)
Jackson Rathbone (also loves Avatar: The Last Airbender)
Daniel Radcliffe (ippo fan - hell yes!)
Robert Pattinson (another ippo fan)
Masi Oka (also likes 20th Century Boys)
Hayley Williams (has cosplayed as Re-l and Saya at concerts)
Leonardo DiCaprio (wanted to make a live action akira)
Daft Punk (had their own anime made based on one of their albums)
Fightstar (big Evangelion fans, many references in their songs)

Also, I assume this has been posted already but I'll post it again anyway.

Lith said:
flygon250 said:
The only person I can think of at the moment is Jonathan Ross. I don't know how famous he is internationally, but he is quite famous here in the UK.
didnt expect him to be an anime fan ;o

Jonathan Ross is always banging on about Japan and anime. He has also read his fair share of manga.

Wow! You really know lots of celebrity who like anime/manga...

12-28-09, 6:32 PM

How awesome!

12-28-09, 7:02 PM

I kind of like that. If I was famous I would probably state that I love anime too. Robin Williams is an absolute champ though.

12-28-09, 7:09 PM

ArtRodriguez said:
There's a football player by the name of Andre Gurode in the NFL that said he watched Naruto and Bleach because of their gun-ho attitude.

He should watch Eyeshield 21.

Click -->deviantART -- last.fm -- 呉風web <-- Click

12-28-09, 7:12 PM

lol jason mraz is k-on fan

also, hayley williams likes anime <3? no wayz.

12-28-09, 7:13 PM

Red_Comet said:

No idea about that, but she definitely likes Twilight *pukes*

12-28-09, 7:27 PM

Red_Comet said:

Modified by Touka, 12-28-09, 7:48 PM
If you are a fan of (or simply interested in) Japanese films then please join the Cinema of Japan club! Thank you (:

12-28-09, 8:01 PM

hayley williams is now officially even more awesome than i originally thought she was.

12-28-09, 8:13 PM

Well I know that the artwork for Lights' album was inspired by Sailor Moon according to her, but I'm not sure if she's actually an anime fan...

12-29-09, 3:16 AM

Major_G said:
[
You forgot Lone Wolf & Cub, Densha Otoko, and Lupin III: Strange Psychokinetic Strategy. I haven't seen Lone Wolf or Densha, but most people I know say that they were pretty good. I LOVED Lupin III, though. I also expect that the 20th Century Boys movies are pretty good.

Densha Otoko wasn't based on any anime or manga. It was based on the "true account" of what happened on 2ch years ago.

I completely forgot about the Lupin the 3rd one and I've yet to see the 20th Century Boys movies or Lone Wolf & Cub.

12-29-09, 10:35 AM

Plun said:
ArtRodriguez said:
There's a football player by the name of Andre Gurode in the NFL that said he watched Naruto and Bleach because of their gun-ho attitude.

God no. Eyeshield 21 is a romanticization of football. Not to mention it would make him laugh because of how incorrectly they play a game (you CANNOT hold on to a quarterback's arm as he throws).

12-29-09, 11:23 AM

Red_Comet said:
hayley williams is now officially even more awesome than i originally thought she was.

Agreed.. I had no idea so many celebrities were into anime. Not that there's anything wrong with it--it was just a bit surprising xD

" ... carpenters fashion wood; wise people fashion themselves" - Buddhism

12-29-09, 2:16 PM

Ah cool. I didn't know other celebs other than Kanye West and Lupe Fiasco that like/liked anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

12-29-09, 3:29 PM

Lupe Fiasco sings "Lupe still like Lupin the III" in Touch the Sky with Kanye west. Positive that he's referring to the anime

12-30-09, 7:25 AM

Red_Comet said:

Really? Wow! I like him. I better check out K-ON.

12-30-09, 5:10 PM

DoctorForHire said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
This thread makes me hate Hollywood again. Every single live action movie based off anime will fucking suck.

Because Hollywood is the only place in the world where movies are made right? Let alone the only place that does anime adaptations.

I can name a few that were quite good:

Crying Freeman (The one with Mark Dacascos of course)
City Hunter
Initial D
GTO
Cromartie Highschool
Yatterman
Dororo
The Guyver 2: Dark Hero
Mushishi
Cutie Honey

Any adaptation Hollywood makes will suck ass. Zac Efron will never be a good Light. No matter how many people say so. Keanu Reeves will fucking suck as Spike.

12-30-09, 7:45 PM

ArtRodriguez said:
Plun said:
ArtRodriguez said:

God no. Eyeshield 21 is a romanticization of football. Not to mention it would make him laugh because of how incorrectly they play a game (you CANNOT hold on to a quarterback's arm as he throws).

The funny thing aside, not the 'never give up' line.

Click -->deviantART -- last.fm -- 呉風web <-- Click

Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices