Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2015 8:51 PM

Jun 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was terrible.. why did they have to make it serious.. that's not what this series was. The characters are now somewhat ruined, papa turned into an annoying creep, the side characters aka the ruffians are now rather annoying with their repetitive joke, Shiro is just.. well I never really liked him. Hajime is cool tho, and Koinosuke is lovable but sometimes disgusting when they made him a coward which doesn't make sense at all given his personality. Jiyu had some major change to her personality, she's no longer the same person I liked at the beginning of the series.

At least it ended really well. Good-bye Koinosuke. ):

I considered this a keeper at the beginning, shame it dropped so much.. Hoping it doesn't get any worse than this in the second season, now that the lovely gantai is gone.

Edit: I must say though the review of @Notshane makes no sense at all. We're supposed to see this in a comedic sense when they clearly took it seriously in certain moments like the final episode? Yes, the comedy scenes were great, but it didn't do all that well in mixing comedy and seriousness, worse, the serious moments weren't all that good.
ToG25thBaamNov 16, 2015 8:58 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 21, 2015 7:18 PM
Jun 2013
so boobs sorta saved the day.Also dad finally found out that chick was married lol. It wasint an awful show just eh
Nov 25, 2019 5:03 PM

Aug 2015
good magical samurai girl swordfighting in these last two episodes, but the series a whole needed more of Jubei-chan fighting

the anime has quirky sense of humor that I appreciated, particularly the way the medium itself is used (reducing character art to show declining relevance) and 4th wall breaking dialogue that parodies samurai movie cliches while also homaging them through Jubei's swordfighting. It also fuses these cliches with magical girl.
Mar 23, 2023 8:34 AM

Apr 2008
One of the strangest anime I've seen. Especially the trio of boys and Shiro, the kendo captain.
6/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Juubee-chan: Lovely Gantai no Himitsu Episode 5 Discussion

AbZeroNow - Nov 12, 2013

3 by glassknuckles »»
Nov 25, 2019 4:59 PM

Poll: » Jubei Chan The Ninja Girl Episode 1 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 11, 2010

4 by glassknuckles »»
Nov 8, 2019 7:12 PM

Poll: » Jubei Chan The Ninja Girl Episode 12 Discussion

Kusanagikevin122 - Jun 5, 2010

1 by souledge94 »»
Nov 21, 2015 6:46 PM

Poll: » Juubee-chan: Lovely Gantai no Himitsu Episode 11 Discussion

AbZeroNow - Apr 10, 2014

1 by souledge94 »»
Nov 21, 2015 5:54 PM

Poll: » Juubee-chan: Lovely Gantai no Himitsu Episode 10 Discussion

AbZeroNow - Mar 29, 2014

1 by souledge94 »»
Nov 21, 2015 5:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.