Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 14, 2015 5:22 AM

Jun 2015
Domi93 said:
Usually, criminals don't receive the punishment they deserve. Of course it differs from country to country but the fact that they get treated way too lenient is undeniable. Doesn't mean that every criminal needs to be disposed of, especially not very small criminals. But think of a murderer, he killed one or more people. Throwing him into a cell for decades doesn't bring the people he killed back alive. What's the point in keeping trash like them alive? Might as well finish them off. Some people might call it vigilantism, but I call it deserved justice.
THIS^

but then, I read that he just kills anyone whos on his ass.......... kinda gets sidetracked from the noble goal.

thats where he went wrong
Nov 14, 2015 5:42 AM

Nov 2013
KuroudoAkabane said:
Domi93 said:
Usually, criminals don't receive the punishment they deserve. Of course it differs from country to country but the fact that they get treated way too lenient is undeniable. Doesn't mean that every criminal needs to be disposed of, especially not very small criminals. But think of a murderer, he killed one or more people. Throwing him into a cell for decades doesn't bring the people he killed back alive. What's the point in keeping trash like them alive? Might as well finish them off. Some people might call it vigilantism, but I call it deserved justice.
THIS^

Yup, killers are trash, they are evil, they were born like that, they're not like us, they aren't the result of unfortunate social and psychological circumstances. They don't need help to achieve emotional stability and be able to try and live a normal life again. Since they killed someone, we should kill them too, instead of trying to save them, because they are moooonsters, boooooooooooo.
Nov 14, 2015 7:41 AM

Apr 2014
Gikiseima said:
Light the most complex character in Anime I have ever seen... So something is doing wrong and right same time imo

You've obviously never heard of lelouch.
Nov 14, 2015 8:07 AM

Jun 2015
The moment he killed the fake L just for speaking against his actions he was a villain in my eyes.
Nov 16, 2015 9:56 PM

Nov 2011
Thread Cleaned and Moved
Nov 27, 2015 12:35 PM
May 2015
"If we catch Kira, he is evil. If he wins and rules the world, then he is justice." - Light Yagami

And that's it. Kira lost so he is considered evil.
And that's also the big difference between Light and Lelouch. Light lost and Lelouch won and we know that "History is written by the victors."

Imagine if Lelouch had lost and Charles or Schneizel had won then Lelouch would have been just as evil as Kira.

How else determine if Light is good or evil?
Well, let's say Lelouch is good because that's what many people think. How many innocent people died because of Lelouch? And how many innocent people died because of Light Yagami?
I don't know exact numbers but I think that Lelouch have definitely more innocent blood on his hands and in my opinion this makes him more evil than Light.

But in the end it's simple.
If "The ends justify the means." applies then Light and Lelouch are good or at least not evil.
If it doesn't apply then they are both evil.
Dec 16, 2015 11:18 PM

Dec 2015
Risara said:
Light is a hypocrite. He probably killed more than the criminals killed.

Even so, the criminals probably killed for personal gain, or in fits of anger, while Light was doing it for what he believed to be the path to a perfect world.
Would that not make the two incomparable?
Dec 17, 2015 12:20 AM

Mar 2014
ObliviousOkapi said:
Risara said:
Light is a hypocrite. He probably killed more than the criminals killed.

Even so, the criminals probably killed for personal gain, or in fits of anger, while Light was doing it for what he believed to be the path to a perfect world.
Would that not make the two incomparable?
Which is in essence, personal gain.
Dec 17, 2015 12:24 AM

Apr 2013
If he won, he would've been good. Sicne he lost, he's bad.

"Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!" - Doflamingo
Dec 20, 2015 6:57 AM
Dec 2015
Baitdragon16 said:
I had an argument with a Death Note fan a while ago .He said that the things Light Yagami did weren't wrong and that they were for the sake of the world .That he was a good guy and that we need people like him in the world .Personally I felt otherwise , I like the guy but calling him good seemed downright wrong for me and so here I am making this thread .

Motivation aside was Light Yagami's goal a noble one ?
Was its unfairness necessary ?
Do we really need people like him in the world ?

I dropped Death Note 14 episodes in because [spoiler]I didn't like how he died in the end of the manga and so I didn't want to see him go that way[/b] so I'm not too sure at how things turned out in the latter parts of the story (I only read the manga's beginning and ending as well)

Light was the best and yes his goal was a noble one and yes he was right because we really need people like him .
Dec 26, 2015 1:02 PM
Dec 2014
He was right if his intentions were to rule the world

And f**ing wrong about justice.

StunriseDec 27, 2015 11:15 AM
Dec 26, 2015 3:39 PM

Oct 2015
Heroes and villians are a matter of perspective, we're all the good guys in our own story.

I think that Light had the right idea, that all the bad people deserve a punishment depending on their actions, [SPOILER] but at the end he got obsessed at the point he turned crazy.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» how many people have read or watch bl ( 1 2 )

meltrix2017 - Yesterday

62 by CirceOwO »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

916 by SnipersKgrooWife »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

393 by decco6226 »»
Apr 13, 8:10 PM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

27 by egosumjohn »»
Apr 10, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

127 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.