Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 11, 2015 2:40 PM
Nov 2015
I know there are many recommendations out there for anime similar but I find they all lack the main essence of this anime. I don't think it's ultimately an anime about samurai, I don't think it's about Edo Japan, I don't think it's about great fight scenes, what I think makes this anime special is the method of telling the story.

This series, coupled with Cowboy Bebop, are the only two which I have discovered tell the story in such a unique way. Each episode is almost independent from the previous. There is an overall goal, the characters set out to find a samurai, but you could easily skip a few episodes an not be lost off as ultimately this isn't the true purpose of the story.

The journey and the events which take place along it are all a canvas to tell the story of the three main characters past. The way they react to the situations becomes apparent as the show delves into their past and their experiences. It's an exceptionally clever way to tell a story.

Now the main questions, are there any other animes you have discovered like this? I'm open to any suggestions, old or new, any genre, just as long as the story is told in a similar fashion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Akral - Sep 17, 2007

67 by Buzz-1 »»
59 minutes ago

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cero - Oct 20, 2008

373 by ZeyadxMoustafa »»
Apr 2, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

SunSir - Mar 20, 2008

186 by plus_SlamDunk »»
Mar 28, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SunSir - Mar 20, 2008

142 by CyrahOmega »»
Mar 18, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RyanBebop - Feb 22, 2010

55 by GingZ »»
Mar 15, 12:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.