Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 5, 2015 5:34 AM
Apr 2014
I'm afraid that fat black sheep will be the villain of this arc
So Jack got rekt, it's only normal when he's attacking a former fleet admiral and admiral, I appreciate his balls though and would like to see more of him.
RIP Sanji, of course.
Nov 5, 2015 5:38 AM

Nov 2013
Most women prefer men older than them. The kid has a serious chance to be shanks kid. Plus if he had a crush on Makino it would explain why he stayed one year near Foosha village when Luffy was a kid.
Nov 5, 2015 5:49 AM
Oct 2013
Dahaka_ said:

It's either Ace's or Shanks's

Ace had some "I have a crush on her" moment during the sabo flashback from what I remember (or maybe it was anime filler).

But Shanks feels like a better guess for me. He's going to die so it makes sense to have him leave some blood behind to carry on his will. Ace already has Sabo. And I can already see Luffy giving his hat to that kid in the epilogue on the whole series, because he won't be able to give it back to Shanks.

Honestly, why does it have to be Makino´s child?
At first look he clearly looked like a baby Sabo to me, than there was the hat as an indicator, thos probably is just a fun panel from Oda, like the ASL panels.

However , the Decks of the world are ministories that are meant to showcase what´s happening to the Strawhat´s friends during their journey, but although the kid has clearly Makino´s nose it´s no proof for being her child.
Rogue isn´t Nami´s mom and neither is Rebecca related to her.

The only interesting revelation would be if it´s Ace´s or Sabo´s kid (even with some random woman). We´ll get the answer in a future SBS, but for all that matters it could just be a baby Sabo.
Nov 5, 2015 6:22 AM
May 2015
Knowing sanji there's a high chance that the mink girls were a bit too 'friendly' with their touchy-feely and ended up causing a major nosebleed that might be life-threatening like in the past. at least he'll die seeing kenomini girls.
Nov 5, 2015 6:26 AM

Nov 2010
Why do we assume that it is Makino's child? I think that it is Sabo's. From a girl we didn't know. When his memory return, of course he also remember everyone at their hometown so maybe he decided that it is better for the child to grow up there. A town where they all lived once as a child.

And about Sanji, I think he's dead. Or appears to be dead. Remember the minks told Luffy about the corpse of his nakama being somewhere on Zou.
People dont fear GOd, for fear itself is God.
Nov 5, 2015 6:30 AM

Oct 2009
Dahaka_ said:
Isterio said:

Word!

Most intriguing part of the chapter ,

I really wanna know whose that child, he got me for a second with Sanji, but than I thought it´s One Piece.

Ace had some "I have a crush on her" moment during the sabo flashback from what I remember (or maybe it was anime filler).

But Shanks feels like a better guess for me. He's going to die so it makes sense to have him leave some blood behind to carry on his will. Ace already has Sabo. And I can already see Luffy giving his hat to that kid in the epilogue on the whole series, because he won't be able to give it back to Shanks.

For me the only one that would make sense is Shanks, assuming that Makino is the mother of the child. As Makino and Shanks are quite close to each other. And Makino is kind of like a mother figure/ Big sister, to Ace, Sabo, and especially Luffy. Though not ruling anything out, just pointing out probability.

As if it was Ace, it'd mean that he returned home on his quest to seek out Blackbeard, got together with Makino, leaves and finds Blackbeard. Gets beaten, captured, and killed.

And if it was Sabo, it would mean that he went back home after Ace died and after he got his memories back. He could have spent up to 2 years back at home and with Makino, I guess. It's likely that Shanks came back, and from the cover, it's obvious that Sabo came back.

So imo, the father is very likely Shanks, then less likely Sabo. And probably not Ace's child or anyone else.
It'd be better if it was Shanks, as many of you guys, Shanks is one of my favourite characters, but i can see him getting killed in One Piece, and Luffy will return his hat to Shank's son...
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.
Nov 5, 2015 6:51 AM

Nov 2010
Theusis3 said:
Dahaka_ said:

For me the only one that would make sense is Shanks, assuming that Makino is the mother of the child. As Makino and Shanks are quite close to each other. And Makino is kind of like a mother figure/ Big sister, to Ace, Sabo, and especially Luffy. Though not ruling anything out, just pointing out probability.

As if it was Ace, it'd mean that he returned home on his quest to seek out Blackbeard, got together with Makino, leaves and finds Blackbeard. Gets beaten, captured, and killed.

And if it was Sabo, it would mean that he went back home after Ace died and after he got his memories back. He could have spent up to 2 years back at home and with Makino, I guess. It's likely that Shanks came back, and from the cover, it's obvious that Sabo came back.

So imo, the father is very likely Shanks, then less likely Sabo. And probably not Ace's child or anyone else.
It'd be better if it was Shanks, as many of you guys, Shanks is one of my favourite characters, but i can see him getting killed in One Piece, and Luffy will return his hat to Shank's son...

Then again, you're all assuming Makino's the mother. You're only guessing who knocked her up. Okay, if it truly is Makino's child, then I will rule out the possibility that the father could either be Ace or Sabo. I don't think Ace or Sabo would have romantic feelings for Makino to the point that it would bear a child. I just can't see that happening. It could happen in a shoujo manga maybe, but I think not in One Piece. I think Shanks would be the most likely if it's Makino's but all of these are just assumptions. Only time will tell.
Nov 5, 2015 7:07 AM

Oct 2015
Sanji captured?

Everyone wants a taste of Luffy, literally.
Man what a cliffhanger of an ending.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Nov 5, 2015 7:11 AM

Jan 2011
dam sanji and brook is mising i think they are captured
nami is crying
Nov 5, 2015 7:28 AM

Nov 2010
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_63

Well, I may have been hasty. So Oda almost confirmed that the child is Makino's. The father, he said, is probably that Man.

If you gonna do it the Sherlock Holmes way. Ace is already not a candidate. Aside from Makino being a big sister figure to them brothers, Ace never returned to Fuusha, That's why he said to Luffy to thank Dadan for him.

Although it's not impossible, the chance it's Sabo are also slim. So you mean to tell me that after he regained his memories, he came back to Fuusha just to knocked up Makino? Who's like their big sister? When clearly Koala is just around the corner. LOL.

That man. Yup. Just as Oda said, it's probably that man.
Nov 5, 2015 8:29 AM

Jul 2014
If they got such welcome that means Team Sanji did some awesome job at Zou. Also the fact that some are missing and the dramatic clifhanger means that Sanji was captured and turned to the marines, alive, so as to get to know the reason behind that alive mention in the new bounties.
Nov 5, 2015 8:37 AM

Mar 2012
At first I thought Sanji might just be that furry mink that Nami was lying on...now it seems even worse. Why always Sanji...?

Nami's new look though <3

Jarjaxle said:

It is Blond....Sure as hell it's Sabo's...especially with Dogra's new Hat.

But, but...I shipped him with Koala...
Nov 5, 2015 8:57 AM
Oct 2012
Brook died (lol)

shnaide said:
Theusis3 said:

Then again, you're all assuming Makino's the mother. You're only guessing who knocked her up. Okay, if it truly is Makino's child, then I will rule out the possibility that the father could either be Ace or Sabo. I don't think Ace or Sabo would have romantic feelings for Makino to the point that it would bear a child. I just can't see that happening. It could happen in a shoujo manga maybe, but I think not in One Piece. I think Shanks would be the most likely if it's Makino's but all of these are just assumptions. Only time will tell.

I thought it was obvious that Ace liked Makino.. the age difference wasn't too much..
anyway, it wouldn't be too far-fetched that Sabo liked Makino too, and since he's
the same age as Ace, it's probable that he could be the father..
BUT.. after regaining his memories, would he really go back to the island to get
"romantic" with Makino? I don't think so. He's similar to Luffy, and I don't expect
that from him.
On the other-hand, Shanks rarely knew Ace, and he was fairly close to Makino, so
he could've gone back, maybe to check up on his "family" while the Navy was being
distracted by all the other pirates that set out after the war.

Maybe Shanks has some blonde in his genes (mom or pops), or maybe the baby's
hair is a light orange?

Anyway, i highly doubt it's Sabo's.. He wouldn't go bang a chick right after his
brother died.
Nov 5, 2015 10:03 AM

Jun 2015
FireFistSabO_ said:
Nami o_O

Damn, someone needs to color that page. please!!!!
Read Toriko!
Nov 5, 2015 10:40 AM
Jul 2007
Unless Jack is SUPER strong, I don't believe he was able to get Doffy back. Isn't Tsuru personally guarding Doffy?

Plus a number of ships guarding them?

Was Sengoku also with them?

KsT said:

nami is crying

Which is weird because she was super relaxed just a couple of Panels before.
chili01Nov 5, 2015 10:44 AM
Nov 5, 2015 10:53 AM

Aug 2014
I love Robin's little cute imagination xD

Seems like Jack is a total beast and i can't wait to see him.

Glad to see most of the crew members back to together after so long but damn what's up with Sanji? (and where's Brook too?)
Nov 5, 2015 11:39 AM

Nov 2013
By the way, children hair color can change over time during the first 3 years.
Nov 5, 2015 11:39 AM

Jan 2015
So Sanji might be dead but I don't think he is also lol That Nami Dog Lady licked Luffy and was like you are a Monkey Mink with lesser fur but who would fall for that lol, I think she did :D
Nov 5, 2015 2:18 PM
Oct 2013
short_review said:

It can change even later, I went from being blond to pitch Black from when I was 3 to when I turned 10, it´s more likely though that the hair becomes darker rather than lighten up.

However it´s unlikely that this is the reasoning, if anything Oda forgott about that detail or he changed his mind, or the color panel wasn´t colored by him.
Nov 5, 2015 2:40 PM

Mar 2012
Holy fuck, Sanji became so irrelevant after the timeskip. This arc HAS to be centred around Sanji for sure. We already have arcs centred around Nami, Robin and Usopp after they joined.

I believe that Sanji offered himself to Jack to stop his invasion, this is why Chopper and Nami are deemed as heroes to the Minks. Alongside Momo and Ceasar who is also taken by Jack.

Jack probably have realised that the government want Sanji alive, and figured he could trade him for Doflamingo. Seems that that didnt work out. Sanji MIGHT have been captured by the marines.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Nov 5, 2015 3:01 PM

Jun 2011
shnaide said:
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_63

Well, I may have been hasty. So Oda almost confirmed that the child is Makino's. The father, he said, is probably that Man.
You weren't hasty. The cover that SBS was referring to is a cover of long time ago. The kid in this cover page could also not be Makino's child.

A small detail I got from OJ, in the cover page, if you look carefully, you can spot a wedding ring on Makino's finger. That means she wed with whoever she was with, and had a child.

short_review said:
I doubt Oda knows of details like these.

Raven-kun said:
Holy fuck, Sanji became so irrelevant after the timeskip. This arc HAS to be centred around Sanji for sure. We already have arcs centred around Nami, Robin and Usopp after they joined.
I wish! Sanji hasn't had much chance to show off, compared to the likes of Luffy and Zoro, and while it fits his style (as in not being a brute), it makes a lot of Sanji fans sad. ):

Raven-kun said:
I believe that Sanji offered himself to Jack to stop his invasion, this is why Chopper and Nami are deemed as heroes to the Minks. Alongside Momo and Ceasar who is also taken by Jack.

Jack probably have realised that the government want Sanji alive, and figured he could trade him for Doflamingo. Seems that that didnt work out. Sanji MIGHT have been captured by the marines.
This is what I don't understand. Didn't Wanda said that Zoro and co. would meet the dead bodies of their nakama when they reach the place she directed them to? Which would mean that Sanji and co. are still on Zou, wouldn't it?
ToG25thBaamNov 5, 2015 3:05 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 5, 2015 3:06 PM

Mar 2014
I miss Sanji so much.
But Nami swannnnn <333
and lolol at the minks licking the crap out of everyone
Nov 5, 2015 3:38 PM

Jun 2011
Flevalt said:
-
Basically you're ranting about the depiction of woman in One Piece? Would you complain if this was set in the 1800's? Some people take sexism way too far imo. It's obvious that men are stronger than women, and yes, I said it, could you biologically prove that wrong to me? Am I being a sexist? I don't know which instance were you referring to, but if it was Nami, what about Chopper, who is identified as a male? How about you play fair?

In this chapter alone, we have Wanda, who most probably is a female mink, who governs over other male minks.
We have Charlotte Linlin, who is a female yonkou, one of the strongest crew in the world.

Nobody has ever thought that the depiction of macho male in this world is an ideal one. It's most probably just a throwback to those 20th century manga. I was annoyed with Franky's kiss too back in Dressrosa, and mind you, I am a guy.

Honestly I don't know what's your problem with Oda. It's just with Nami I assume? As you can see, Chopper did the same thing, and if you separate them by gender and not race or species, then Nami and Chopper are female and male respectively. Remember, there's Robin there too, among the "macho" gang.

I don't know what your problem is..
Nov 5, 2015 3:40 PM

Mar 2012
I find it weird that people think thats Sabo's or Ace's kid.. they are like 15+ years apart in age.

How is Ace the father when the kid was born after the war? How is Sabo the father when he just got his memory back?

If at all, I'm betting on Shanks. And could see this kid as the one Luffy will pass his hat too. Definitely a death flag on Shanks coming.

Also regarding the hat, its likely that Sabo MAY have gone back, but I think it was more important for him to track down Luffy for the past 2 years and Ace's fruit than go back to the village. Also, at the time when he died, I recall that his hat flew away when he got "killed".
skwok-ravenNov 5, 2015 3:46 PM

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Nov 5, 2015 3:48 PM
Oct 2013
Raven-kun said:
I find it weird that people think thats Sabo's or Ace's kid.. they are like 15+ years apart in age.

How is Ace the father when the kid was born after the war? How is Sabo the father when he just got his memory back?

If at all, I'm betting on Shanks. And could see this kid as the one Luffy will pass his hat too. Definitely a death flag on Shanks coming.

They are 10+ years apart, during the Ace flashback we saw Makino being 10-12, however it´s just fanfiction, the same level of Luffy and Nami or Sabo and Koala.
Oda clearly wrote them in a sibling like relationship, Koala mirrors Nami, with a different set of character/power.

Since it´s confirmed that it´s Makino´s child i say even no to the Ace theory, which seems to be fanfiction too.

The one exception I could imagine would be Shanks appreciating life now after Ace´s and Whitebeards death and therefore proposing to Makino and going back to finish some business in the new world, although he may be showing up in East blue occasionally we do not know his behaviour, though it´s equally possbile that the Dad is some random.
IsterioNov 5, 2015 4:59 PM
Nov 5, 2015 3:51 PM

Aug 2014
Adviel said:
Why are those minks keep liking and biting Lufy. They seem overly friendly with Nami to.
Do the minks have a human fetish or something? That an interesting twist on the furry fetish

Probably because he's a human chew toy.
Nov 5, 2015 4:57 PM

May 2015
Isterio said:

I really wanna know whose that child, he got me for a second with Sanji, but than I thought it´s One Piece.

Uhh, I'm pretty sure she was an adult in the luffy/sabo/ace flashbacks, I'm pretty sure it's not Ace's.

Mostly likely Shanks, I'd say.

shnaide said:

She 100% has some child, it was stated directly in a cover story, and pretty much confirmed by Oda vis SBS(when he said it's most likely "that man's" child).

ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Nov 5, 2015 6:35 PM

Oct 2007
Here's another clue from almost 200 chapters ago on the "mystery child". Someone pointed out makino has a wedding ring in the latest cover page, you can just see it!

Nov 5, 2015 6:37 PM

Oct 2007
Guys go back and read ch.795 -> it was the last time we saw sanji and his crew. Chopper mentioned that "we can still save them". I wonder if he was referring to the minks. Brooke and Sanji attacked what appeared to be a high ranking officer of Jack's and defeated him. Caesar is ALSO missing right now along with momo and brooke! In the same chapter Kaido declares a war with or against Joker, not exactly sure yet. Lots of pieces to this puzzle! If Jack's men are "lesser minks", I bet Jack himself has a zoan fruit. Judging from the appearance of his ship I want to say elephant. I think he was torturing Pedro the tiger mink on the cross...SANJI WHERE U AT BRO!?! Oh the suspense...
Nov 5, 2015 8:08 PM

Apr 2015
DONTTOUCHMETHERE said:
Brook died (lol)

shnaide said:

I thought it was obvious that Ace liked Makino.. the age difference wasn't too much..
anyway, it wouldn't be too far-fetched that Sabo liked Makino too, and since he's
the same age as Ace, it's probable that he could be the father..
BUT.. after regaining his memories, would he really go back to the island to get
"romantic" with Makino? I don't think so. He's similar to Luffy, and I don't expect
that from him.
On the other-hand, Shanks rarely knew Ace, and he was fairly close to Makino, so
he could've gone back, maybe to check up on his "family" while the Navy was being
distracted by all the other pirates that set out after the war.

Maybe Shanks has some blonde in his genes (mom or pops), or maybe the baby's
hair is a light orange?

Anyway, i highly doubt it's Sabo's.. He wouldn't go bang a chick right after his
brother died.

The island was under the protection of Garp after the war.Although I don't think that would stop Shanks from going back but it could mean it was someone else's.
Nov 5, 2015 8:37 PM
Oct 2014
FireFistSabO_ said:
Nami o_O

20 years later and Oda still can't draw feet.
Nov 5, 2015 10:47 PM

Nov 2014
Hmm.. i guess Sanji was getting caught by Big Mom to save the crew? and just after this cliffhanger we'll have a break next week? Damn :/
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Nov 6, 2015 12:03 AM

Mar 2014
1) Nami looks fucking amazing
2) Looks like most of the doujin sites are gonna get flooded with Nami & Robin x furries. Jesus H. Christ.
3) Roflmao @Jack being off-paneled.
Nov 6, 2015 3:58 AM
Oct 2013
Adome said:

I thought the same. but feet seem to be a problem with Mangaka in general, i remember reading Ass classroom and the author has also problems with it, many paneles that have them out of proportion and in the last one he plain forgott to draw a leg.
Nov 6, 2015 4:55 AM

Oct 2007
shnaide said:
And about Sanji, I think he's dead. Or appears to be dead. Remember the minks told Luffy about the corpse of his nakama being somewhere on Zou.

Whatever it is that's going on, I'd bet it has something to do with a) Sanji's "Alive Only" poster, and b) Brook. Stands to reason that Sanji beat up some of Jack's crew upon arriving on Zou. Jack learned of this and wanted to take the bounty, and started torturing minks/razing the island till they gave him up. We also learned indirectly earlier that Momo is also important for some reason (one of the "cards" in play), and of course so is Caesar. Like Sanji, they are all only of ransom value (to someone like Big Mom or Kaidou in this case) if taken alive. Brook has little value, comparatively, so he's probably not on Jack's radar. But, if he were able to use his Deadite powers to temporarily remove their souls and "kill" them, then they'd all be useless to Jack. If bounty hunting/ransom is Jack's game, then there's nothing left for him on Zou and he'd go off in search of some other entity with value - i.e. DoDo.

Adome said:

You're looking at feet? Who are you, Rex Ryan?

Oda draws better feet than Uma Thurman has IRL :)
Nov 6, 2015 5:00 AM

Mar 2015
I like where the facts keep coming in the story.
Nov 6, 2015 7:18 AM

May 2015
Considering we know little to nothing about the situation, there's nothing to even infer so far, but I'll break it down.

Flevalt said:
Dear god.
I was able to look past the blatant fanservice-sliming that OP has been doing until now.
But it's getting so incredibly old.

Every OP arc ever:
1. Strawhat crew splits up
2. Wymen cri
3. Ruffy mad gun beat the gui made u cri >:(
4. Insert dumbass macho sentence about what it means to be a MAN
5. Bad guy gone, all dead get revived cuz shonen-logic

I mean there are so many bad clichees that shonen just repeat over and over which I'm still perfectly fine with overlooking due to how great the setting and a lot of the characters in OP are.
But cmon, how many steps further is this series going to take this retardation of manly pride. You were still able to feel with characters like Zoro or Whitebeard in their respective stories, because they act out of principles.
But what kind of principle is it that the manga follows to have devolved into this?
Is this supposed to teach people that whenever a girl cries, every man is supposed to rush to her aid? Or that in every single of the countries and islands of the entire OP universe there is no difference in culture whatsoever for every of these places to have the same view upon the roles of man and woman?

It really, it really sucks for Rebecca to have never done anything and I'm still disappointed by that fact. But "people need aid by straw-hats" in every arc ever in the series, it's not a "women exclusive" thing at all.

Yes, it's been following the same cycle for over 10 years now, the situation is usually always different but complaining about it the 40th time it happened is pretty silly.

Bitch, please.
I realize that probably a vast majority of the readers of OP are indeed that simple-minded to believe in this picture of men to be the ideal. But it never hurts to put some more sophistication into a story to also keep it interesting for any readers that have already grown out of puberty at one point or another.
If even idea-wastelands like J. K. Rowling or Matt Groening can do it, it can't be impossible to do for someone like Oda.

/rant end

Dude, I'm personally a tad bit annoyed about the way Oda potrays women, but one chapter in a arc and situation you know NOTHING about is not a good example for this at all.

It's for 10 year olds, you don't market things for 10 year olds to non-10 years olds.

Edit: More observantly, both Luffy and Sabo's hat appear in the panel page, so I'd chalk it up more to mere symbolization or heroic status.
ashfrliebertNov 6, 2015 8:20 PM
Nov 6, 2015 12:34 PM

Aug 2014
Why can't I help but feel that Brooke is posing as Sanji's corpse? It's a stupid idea and I know that it probably won't happen, but I can't shake the feeling.
Nov 6, 2015 6:41 PM

Apr 2014
Dem discussion about Makino is too older or they didn't seem to interested in Makino is goddamn cringey, like what? U srs?
Everyone want to bang Makino.
Nov 6, 2015 8:05 PM

Feb 2008
I'm pretty sure the cover picture was just a fun drawing for Oda, but wanted posters are in it, which implies "present day" and Sabo's hat is in it, which implies the child is Sabo's. There's nothing implying who the mother is.

also isnt this like the 3rd time choppers become the king of some sort of tribe?
Nov 7, 2015 6:22 AM

Oct 2010
Flevalt said:
Dear god.
I was able to look past the blatant fanservice-sliming that OP has been doing until now.
But it's getting so incredibly old.

Every OP arc ever:
1. Strawhat crew splits up
2. Wymen cri
3. Ruffy mad gun beat the gui made u cri >:(
4. Insert dumbass macho sentence about what it means to be a MAN
5. Bad guy gone, all dead get revived cuz shonen-logic

Except in One Piece women also fight and make speeches, and men cry as well (Ryunosuke :'()?

And how does this relate to the events of this chapter?
Nov 7, 2015 7:33 AM

Oct 2015
Sanji probably just bloody nose passed out and needs a blood transfusion. That pervert in the land of furries... Maybe.

Otherwise he's gotten captured, would be interesting considering that whole bounty poster thing? Was that a thing? Is that still a thing? *~*

Either way can't wait for the next chapter.

Nov 7, 2015 12:45 PM

Mar 2015
jal90 said:
and men cry as well (Ryunosuke :'()?

Yes they do, but o god, Ryunosuke..? My reaction was exaclty the same as Law and Zoro, I even said to myself: 'O god cmon, this is rediculous..' even before i read those 2 their reaction, in the end it was the same and that made me laugh so hard haha
Nov 8, 2015 2:47 AM

Nov 2010
Well, if you ask me, we're getting a team Sanji flashback.

This arc started in a place where most arcs end - natives are saved, SH are heroes, villains are out of the picture.

There's nothing to do on this island, no one to fight. And oda wouldn't put this much work in buidling Zou for a mere 10-15 chapter arc.

And we've got plenty of hints from Swirly Hat's adventure, but still everything is unclear. We know Capone was involved in the fight with BM. We know Sanji and co were trying to save this mink-girl we saw in 795. We know Jack came, tortured minks and rekt the city. And there is the climax of it all - whatever happened to Sanji. We'll either get a wall of text explaning what has happened or we'll get a flashback. And since there is nothing to do on this island for Luffy and co, then flashback seems like a no brainer. The event of it are cleary exciting and would make an interesting mini-arc. And Team Sanji needs panel time desperatly after their absence on Dressrosa.
Nov 8, 2015 5:33 AM

Nov 2013
Forgot to make a comment about the chapter itself.

I didn't like it that much, msotly because of Nami. At first she's just like "oh I'm so happy" and one second after she is crying ???

Plus the whole teasing with "sanji is ..." is stupid. It's cheap and only bad mangas should do that. You should always remember that in the end the chapters will be part of a book and the reader will just have to go for the next page to know the end of the sentence.

2/5
Nov 8, 2015 1:01 PM

May 2015
short_review said:
Forgot to make a comment about the chapter itself.

I didn't like it that much, msotly because of Nami. At first she's just like "oh I'm so happy" and one second after she is crying ???

This happened, but I think that's the whole point of a cliffhanger, you're not actually suppose to know why/what happened. lol duh

Plus the whole teasing with "sanji is ..." is stupid. It's cheap and only bad mangas should do that. You should always remember that in the end the chapters will be part of a book and the reader will just have to go for the next page to know the end of the sentence.

2/5

It could just be the end of the volume, but that's not even the point. It's a weekly series, and it's going to stay a weekly series until it ends. It being a weekly series doesn't actually make it different than a volume, since it's going to come out next week anyway your same criticism should hold up. But not really going to argue whether or not it was actually good, since arguing about the quality of the cliffhanger technique is kinda stupid.

Also, I'm pretty sure One Piece has done cliffhangers before??
ashfrliebertNov 8, 2015 1:27 PM
Nov 8, 2015 7:34 PM

Nov 2013
I think it's the first time he used something as cheap as cutting a sentence in the middle.

A good manga is not about cliffangers but about good writing and good stories. If you go back at the beginning of One Piece you will find many things that could have been cliffhangers. But no. They were not. They were in the middle of chapters, at the bottom of one page and you just had to turn the page to see what happened and sometimes they weren't even at the bottom ! But it was not a problem. Why? Because the story was good enough not to use cheap tricks like this !

And I would even add that you can judge the quality of a story by the amount of cliffhangers in it. If the author is using more and more of them it means that he has less and less ideas. I'm not saying One Piece is bad. I love it. Just that cliffhangers don't make good stories.
short_reviewNov 8, 2015 7:37 PM
Nov 8, 2015 8:01 PM

Jun 2011
tr1ckst3r said:
Dem discussion about Makino is too older or they didn't seem to interested in Makino is goddamn cringey, like what? U srs?
It's true that Makino is a damn fine lady, but she was like a big sis / mother figure to the kid ASL. You don't go around banging your sis / mom even though they are MILF, do you?
Nov 8, 2015 9:14 PM

Apr 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
tr1ckst3r said:
It's true that Makino is a damn fine lady, but she was like a big sis / mother figure to the kid ASL. You don't go around banging your sis / mom even though they are MILF, do you?
w-w-well... o-o-of course I wont....
Nov 8, 2015 9:44 PM

Jul 2011
Then there's me who thought it was just a random kid and that Dadan grew fond of children for some reason. Ok then.

On another note, Zou's not feeling all that interesting so far. Or maybe a banquet right off the bat is a really bad sign.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by _aaaaaaa_ »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by _aaaaaaa_ »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

13 by Ridzaxster »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.