New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 3, 2015 9:38 AM

Jan 2014
Decent studio with decent anime adaptation oh gonna add into my list and
time to wait till they reveal the VA.

Nov 3, 2015 11:24 AM

Jun 2014
The manga is ok from what I've read, nothing mindblowing.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Nov 3, 2015 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
I need to know who's gonna be the director of this series, then I can judge.

The studio choice is ok btw.
Nov 3, 2015 12:01 PM

Jan 2013
omfgplzstop said:
TheNaturalPerm said:
Prepare for the usual Shonen fighting tournament stuff. At least Bones produces consistently good animation.

Are you implying that being a shounen makes it inherently bad? What kind of fucked up logic is that?

I only meant what I said. Not too excited about the usual tired training and tournament fighting shenanigans that are bound to be the major part of the anime.
I don't exactly see where I imply that all shonen are bad.
Now whose logic is fucked up I wonder.
Nov 3, 2015 12:06 PM

Jul 2014
Looks perfect.
Nov 3, 2015 1:30 PM

Apr 2013
considering how little the source material is I'm starting to get worried if it'll get an ordinal ending like FMA, well still happy though that it wasn't toei or pierrot :p
Nov 3, 2015 1:58 PM
Oct 2008
As long as they dont go into some type of anime-original ending.
Nov 3, 2015 2:25 PM
Apr 2015
Would preferred Madhouse or I.G but okay.
Nov 3, 2015 3:34 PM
Jul 2015
Shiki said:
Would preferred Madhouse or I.G but okay.

Exactly. Could be worse though, so I'm glad they picked a competent studio.
Nov 3, 2015 3:46 PM
Mar 2014
TheNaturalPerm said:
omfgplzstop said:

Are you implying that being a shounen makes it inherently bad? What kind of fucked up logic is that?

I only meant what I said. Not too excited about the usual tired training and tournament fighting shenanigans that are bound to be the major part of the anime.
I don't exactly see where I imply that all shonen are bad.
Now whose logic is fucked up I wonder.

You're right, I apologize. I was irritated because of CookingPriest and got defensive way too quickly. This doesn't have that much training, so I don't think the season will have too much of it.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Nov 3, 2015 3:47 PM

Jul 2009
Wasn't really interested in this before but since it's Studio Bones, I think I'll give it a shot. At least we know that it won't disappoint in terms of fighting choreography assuming that they've assigned some of their usual talents for this one.
Nov 3, 2015 4:15 PM

May 2015
YES!!!!
I freaking love the manga.
Nov 3, 2015 8:51 PM

Jun 2009
I don't mind that it'll be mostly training and tournament, as I find all the characters rather appealing (that and I have been watching the mangaka of BnH, Horikoshi Kohei, since his first two WSJ manga, which were inevitably cancelled...its awesome that he was even given a third chance, if at all) but I wonder if it would be enough to gain new fans.
Nov 3, 2015 9:14 PM

May 2015
EasyGo-er said:
Glad to hear this. At least we're saved from the likes of Toei, Pierrot or LIDENFILMS.

Amen. Toei fucked up WT so bad that if they got this I'd have probably punched out my computer in frustration.

Really, I think Bones is going to do a great job; the Soul Eater fast-paced, crazy art style really works for MHA. I'm still concerned about the anime-original ending, but I can forgive it if the art is top-notch.

Now I just have to wonder who the seiyuu will be. What do you guys think? I really can't say but I'm calling Yoshimasa Hosoya for Bakugo, Sora Amamiya for Ochako, and some guy we've never heard of before for Midoriya.
Nov 3, 2015 9:21 PM
Jul 2012
Hopefully they wait to actually start the anime. This is a series that so far has been really enjoyable but it hasn't gotten anywhere in the story yet. It has tons of potential sure but it could still easily fail since it's still only at the beginning.
Nov 3, 2015 10:46 PM

Dec 2014
Jakerams said:
Hopefully they wait to actually start the anime. This is a series that so far has been really enjoyable but it hasn't gotten anywhere in the story yet. It has tons of potential sure but it could still easily fail since it's still only at the beginning.

My thoughts exactly.
Nov 3, 2015 11:07 PM

Apr 2014
already read the first volume i don't really impressed either art style or story.

it just average japan hero story.
Nov 3, 2015 11:15 PM

Jan 2008
Hmm... Bones has a pretty bad habit of not following source material so makes me wonder what they plan to do.

From what I've heard, Noragami doesn't even follow the source but is doing great on its own.
Nov 4, 2015 1:11 AM

Jan 2012
Thank goodness it's not Toei. Hate that company with such a passion. (almost convinced me that I hate Shounen anime, but then I realized that I just hate Toei that does 90% of Shounen adoptions.) Hopefully they have a decent budget to work with.
Nov 4, 2015 6:54 AM

Oct 2014
If Hana Kana voices Ochako, she is gonna lose over 50% of her fans, lol.

Nov 4, 2015 7:18 AM

May 2014
keragamming said:
thebrentinator24 said:

Bones made FMAB, idk why he's saying Madhouse made it.

Yea, my error Sorry guys.

You're baseless confident on madfound is obv af. Explained why you're so over SnK which has its boost from the anime not the from the series itself since it don't obv deserved it.
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.
Nov 4, 2015 7:22 AM

Jul 2007
Paul said:
Hmm... Bones has a pretty bad habit of not following source material so makes me wonder what they plan to do.

From what I've heard, Noragami doesn't even follow the source but is doing great on its own.

Good. That's my hope. Just take the setting. Scrap all the shonen tournament fighting nonsense that plagues it. And run with your own story in like 26-52 episode show with clear ending. That would be the best case scenario.
Nov 4, 2015 8:49 AM

Oct 2010
CookingPriest said:
Paul said:

Good. That's my hope. Just take the setting. Scrap all the shonen tournament fighting nonsense that plagues it. And run with your own story in like 26-52 episode show with clear ending. That would be the best case scenario.

That won't work on Boku no Hero no matter how you hate shounen since the tournament justified the growth of the MC here compare to growth through travelling as per setting. If you really don't like that, then simply don't bother on this thread as all your post here so far is that of a typical hater.
Nov 4, 2015 9:24 AM

Aug 2015
i love manga. glad that not studio pierrot.
but
too early for this series... i knew that it will get anime adaptation sometime, but they hurry too much to adapt every manga which gets good review and we end up with 12 or 24 episodes with made up by animators endings with no 2nd seasons or long series like Reborn/One Piece/Naruto :/

why they can't wait.... rush everything... never ends good >.>
Nov 4, 2015 10:25 AM
Mar 2014
Paul said:

Noragami does follow the source. The first season had a bit of anime original scenes and the final two episodes were a manga side-story, but this one has been following the source pretty accurately. Although the reason this season is so much better than the first is because the first was mostly just setup and the arc it's currently adapting is a very good one.
Rinth said:

Nov 4, 2015 3:25 PM

May 2015
Why are some people complaining about tournaments?
It was only one, it was not long and i actually found that arc entertaining, why are some people acting as if the manga has a lot of tournaments?
Nov 4, 2015 4:40 PM

May 2015
keragamming said:
KuroYaksha said:
Eh? This will be a hit or miss. I'm certainly expecting an anime original. Bones is decent, the only masterpiece they've made was FMA:B.

Noragami is great too (but season 1 had an anime original). Whatever, mixed feelings about this one.

Correction bones made FMA 2003' madhouse made fma:B

These bad, remake did Bones. http://myanimelist.net/anime/5114/Fullmetal_Alchemist:_Brotherhood

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2015 4:51 PM

May 2015
TheGeniusBaka said:
peeyaj said:
Who wants Madhouse to animate this one?
I just want madhouse to do one outs and NGNL sequel + a TG reboot if thats possible

NGNL never have sequel, it is poorly adapted and has an original finish. Madhouse poorly adapted all light novel touches.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2015 2:49 AM

Oct 2013

Credit to 情報

Director: Kenji Nagasaki
Script: Yosuke Kuroda
Character Design: Yoshihiko Umakoshi
Production: BONES
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.
Nov 5, 2015 7:29 AM
Mar 2014
Seky said:
TheGeniusBaka said:
I just want madhouse to do one outs and NGNL sequel + a TG reboot if thats possible

NGNL never have sequel, it is poorly adapted and has an original finish. Madhouse poorly adapted all light novel touches.

Yeah, it seems that Madhouse are pretty bad at LN adaptations.

still da bess studio tho
Rinth said:

Nov 5, 2015 9:52 AM

Jan 2012
survivor_hero said:

Director: Kenji Nagasaki
Script: Yosuke Kuroda
Character Design: Yoshihiko Umakoshi
Production: BONES

Awesome! Not surprised by Umakoshi's prescense considering the visual look, but Nagasaki helming it is great! He seems like a good fit for this sort of series, and working with Umakoshi makes it even better.
Nov 5, 2015 10:16 AM

Jul 2014
Eyy that's pretty good staff.

I have high expectations.
"Hi!"
Nov 5, 2015 3:37 PM

Mar 2013
News Update
Shueisha's Weekly Shounen Jump will reveal staff members who will work on the adaptation.

Director: Kenji Nagasaki (Gundam Build Fighters)
Script: Yousuke Kuroda (Ano Natsu de Matteru)
Character Design: Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Mushishi)

Source: Yaraon
Nov 6, 2015 5:07 PM

Apr 2010
Time to get on the hype train.
Nov 6, 2015 11:51 PM
Apr 2014
i have very mixed feelings for bones especially with their tendency to basically not care about an anime mid way but im still probably going to end up watching this
Nov 7, 2015 1:17 AM
Feb 2014
Stark700 said:
Definitely going to end with an anime original ending. I still wonder if it may be a 2 cour but that is likely as well.
ichii_1 said:
Bones is good, hope it's 4 cour like soul eater :'(

No madhouse :'( but that's for the best gotta work on those sequels ;)

what are those cour things?
Nov 7, 2015 3:32 AM

May 2014
I don't really know that studio but I've watched one of their anime I think, and that one was pretty good.
So either way I don't really mind.
Nov 15, 2015 8:59 AM

Mar 2013
News Update
Cast members were announced.

Izuku Midoriya: Daiki Yamashita (Yowamushi Pedal)
All Might: Kenta Miyake (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders)

PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0L1YC9YgxM

Nov 15, 2015 11:19 AM
Mar 2014
Sakana-san said:
News Update
Cast members were announced.

Izuku Midoriya: Daiki Yamashita (Yowamushi Pedal)
All Might: Kenta Miyake (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders)

PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0L1YC9YgxM

All Might smile got me a bit hyped, Midoriya shouting was weird tho
o well
Rinth said:

Nov 15, 2015 11:37 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
If nothing else at least the PV music was great
Nov 15, 2015 11:45 AM

Sep 2013
Seky said:

The anime was great and the ending was made by the author himself so it's canon.
Nov 16, 2015 8:14 PM

Sep 2014
Aww..
I was hoping for Inoue Marina for Midoriya. It really felt like a role she would be perfect for.
*sigh*
Oh well.
I guess the one they picked is okay too.
I hope Ai Kayano gets Ochako, although it's not that likely.
Still looking forward to the anime.
Nov 16, 2015 9:49 PM

Jan 2013
Looks interesting, I'll probably watch it.
Nov 20, 2015 1:50 AM
Mar 2015
Loving the staff behind it. I'm also digging that the animation is staying pretty darn true to the manga art style in the PV.
Nov 20, 2015 2:06 AM

Feb 2015
I can imagine BnHA fights work really well with Bones' animation style :)
Nov 21, 2015 1:33 AM
Oct 2013
Just bought the manga and wow it's so much better in the physical version lol.
Bones should deliver and the staff is experienced
Nov 21, 2015 6:32 AM
Mar 2014
JonasTheJay said:

Really? Bones' animation style not really matching up well with the way fights are handled in BnHA is my main issue with them being the studio to adapt it, other than the fact that they're likely to go anime original and VERY likely to either leave shit out or fuck up the second season.
Rinth said:

Dec 2, 2015 1:30 AM

Jun 2014
omfgplzstop said:
JonasTheJay said:

Really? Bones' animation style not really matching up well with the way fights are handled in BnHA is my main issue with them being the studio to adapt it, other than the fact that they're likely to go anime original and VERY likely to either leave shit out or fuck up the second season.

You haven't even seen many of their shows so you don't know what you're talking about, their animation style is perfect for this series. About the anime original part, we'll have to wait and see what happens when it ends.
:3
Dec 2, 2015 4:09 AM
Mar 2014
alpha_shadow said:
omfgplzstop said:

You haven't even seen many of their shows so you don't know what you're talking about, their animation style is perfect for this series. About the anime original part, we'll have to wait and see what happens when it ends.

ajajagdkakldka
i should really update my list sometime, saying im missing entries just doesnt work

anyway im saying that fights in bnha are packed with monologues and commentary, which are things bones tend to sacrifice to make fight scenes flow better, and thats something im worried about since its such an integral part of the series
thats all
Rinth said:

Dec 2, 2015 6:31 AM
Oct 2010
omfgplzstop said:
alpha_shadow said:

ajajagdkakldka
i should really update my list sometime, saying im missing entries just doesnt work

anyway im saying that fights in bnha are packed with monologues and commentary, which are things bones tend to sacrifice to make fight scenes flow better, and thats something im worried about since its such an integral part of the series
thats all

I don't think they will, it depends on the episode count though. At 24 episodes they won't even have enough material to finish it without adding some filler (hope for character development of the side characters), at least if they end it where I think they will. The monologues can help draw out the run time and essential so I don't see a scenario where they don't put them in.

Additionally I highly doubt they'd go anime original, it makes no sense when Hero has so many good points to end satisfyingly at and then pick up from.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
1 hour ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
5 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 12 hours ago

3 by JehadKun »»
9 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
10 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.