Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 21, 2009 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
Chrono_Mizaki said:
Jrittmayer said:
Chrono_Mizaki said:
Jrittmayer said:
Chrono_Mizaki said:

According to animetake, they've got a cease and desist from Funimation.

This post/page has been removed due to a DMCA sent in by Funimation.

Go here to check out other anime series available on animetake
I'm assuming thats probably not a good thing....

It usually means you have to wait 5 days. For me, I have to wait even longer considering that FMA:B is blocked in the UK on Funi ;D

Why would they do that? Are they trying to get everyone to only watch their FMA: Brotherhood Youtube uploads which are always like 2 weeks behind?

...Actually, FMA is on the Funimation Website. They host their own anime.

But only for US visitors, don't they?
Dec 21, 2009 2:19 PM

Jun 2009
Chrono_Mizaki said:
Jrittmayer said:
Chrono_Mizaki said:
Jrittmayer said:
Chrono_Mizaki said:

It usually means you have to wait 5 days. For me, I have to wait even longer considering that FMA:B is blocked in the UK on Funi ;D

Why would they do that? Are they trying to get everyone to only watch their FMA: Brotherhood Youtube uploads which are always like 2 weeks behind?

Oh....I didn't realize they host anime on their website :P
But are they up to date with it or behind a few weeks?
Dec 21, 2009 2:30 PM

Jan 2008
Jrittmayer said:
Chrono_Mizaki said:
Jrittmayer said:
Chrono_Mizaki said:
Jrittmayer said:
Chrono_Mizaki said:

Oh....I didn't realize they host anime on their website :P
But are they up to date with it or behind a few weeks?[/quote

They are behind by 5 days.
Dec 21, 2009 2:59 PM

Apr 2008
Eclipse is REALLY starting to piss me off.
Dec 21, 2009 3:57 PM

Jul 2009
Good thing I'm entertained by Special A, or I would be reeeeeeal pissed right now. And you would all feel it on your skins. Yea.
Dec 21, 2009 6:10 PM

Jun 2009
Decent episode, not much action but good nevertheless, Selim/Pride reveal was done well and lol @ Mustang and his huge pile of flowers XD
Next episode looks really good though!
Dec 21, 2009 6:23 PM

May 2007
Holy shit. Pride is freaking scary. And creepy. I'm surprised that his powers can reach into Briggs, too. x___x'
I'm still wonder wtf is Sloth doing down there anyway? P:

Dec 21, 2009 6:36 PM

Feb 2009
NoyaChan said:
Holy shit. Pride is freaking scary. And creepy. I'm surprised that his powers can reach into Briggs, too. x___x'
I'm still wonder wtf is Sloth doing down there anyway? P:

Building the nationwide transmutation circle that was revealed in ep 35.

Dec 21, 2009 7:41 PM

Apr 2007
I do agree that Selim being revealed as Pride was done better in the manga. Imo he didn't look creepy...at all. At least his voice changed a bit.

And these threads are for discussing episodes, not to whine about slow fansubs >_>
Dec 21, 2009 7:58 PM

May 2009
Thought the Pride reveal scene was well executed. It was filled with tension and terror. And the cuter the kid, the creepier the moment IMO. Glad Winry is no longer in the dark. Next week looks to have plenty of action.
Dec 21, 2009 8:50 PM

Apr 2009
Were's my subbed episode. ):
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Dec 21, 2009 8:54 PM

Aug 2008
Was it just me, or did the character design look terribly off? I felt like everyone's faces were rounder with bigger, rounder eyes. It really spoiled a lot of Mustang, Riza, and Selim's expressions. Pride's reveal was good in the house, but in the courtyard, it was really lame, since i could only think of Naruto, and knew that nothing was going to happen to Riza. Didn't feel menacing at all.

Oh well, that aside, it wasn't a bad episode.
Dec 21, 2009 9:34 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
Was it just me, or did the character design look terribly off? I felt like everyone's faces were rounder with bigger, rounder eyes. It really spoiled a lot of Mustang, Riza, and Selim's expressions. Pride's reveal was good in the house, but in the courtyard, it was really lame, since i could only think of Naruto, and knew that nothing was going to happen to Riza. Didn't feel menacing at all.

Oh well, that aside, it wasn't a bad episode.

I was never a fan of this season's art to begin with but I have to agree, their facial and some of their body structure changed from how it was before. The preview for the next episode made them look fatter too.

I thought the episode was decent but wasn't really a fan of how Pride was introduced. Like a few people have already mentioned the kid just seemed too cute to really be taken serous. I mean if they wanted to stick with the cute sadistic look they could have at least made him look a little more sadistic and crazy as he was talking and less like he just wanted a hug lol.
Dec 21, 2009 9:38 PM

Jun 2009
subs are here already, i've just watched it.
Click him so that he will grow to learn that he is actually a she!
Dec 21, 2009 9:44 PM

Jul 2009
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, Pride is so creepy.

Overall, one of the worst episodes. Actually, it wasn't that bad, it's just that the last ones were fantastic.
Dec 21, 2009 9:54 PM

Feb 2009
Is it me or does Hawkeye look a little like a muppet in this scene?

Dec 21, 2009 10:23 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
yesss i loved the Ed x Winry scene!!! I'm going to go fangirl crazy when they finally get together!!
p r o f i l e 👀
Dec 21, 2009 10:51 PM

Dec 2008
DeathfireD said:
I thought the episode was decent but wasn't really a fan of how Pride was introduced. Like a few people have already mentioned the kid just seemed too cute to really be taken serous. I mean if they wanted to stick with the cute sadistic look they could have at least made him look a little more sadistic and crazy as he was talking and less like he just wanted a hug lol.

Interesting, because I find it creepier if you have a cute face and a sadistic, menacing personality hiding behind it. There is something horribly wrong with an innocently smiling kid being that powerful and threatening to toy around and kill someone. To make his creepiness too obvious by changing Selim's features/expression would risk making the scene look downright cheesy. I think the route they took here was the better choice, IMO, but admittedly, they could have made it better by playing with angles, lighting, etc. to increase the tension.

Anyway, good episode, even though it wasn't exactly exciting. I'm just wondering what the hell Winry will do while tagging around with Ed and Al. It's not like she can fight or anything =/ I guess the alternative, though, would be to hang out with Kimbley...
Dec 21, 2009 11:06 PM

May 2009

Pride. Oh yeah :P

Be back after finishing the episode.

*EDIT:

Well, that was kinda creepy when Pride had Hawkeye. His ... "things" moving up her shoes and then :lol: Wonder what else that naughty guy did :P :P
Why did he back down inside that tunnel? Was it because he sensed Hawkeye at his home?

How could anyone think of Mustang as weird? He's just cute and awesome. Stupid girls. Oh and Winry didn't cry. Good for her.

Anyway, looks like we'll get some action next time which is good.
honey88foruDec 21, 2009 11:28 PM
Dec 21, 2009 11:47 PM

Apr 2008
I didnt expect the son to be a homunculi

Dec 22, 2009 12:09 AM

Apr 2008
orangehouse said:

how philosoper stone is fused on a kid ? even strengthful pepole cant withstand it .
Does another homonculi know real identiity of Selim bradley?
Dec 22, 2009 1:05 AM

Jul 2007
anipharuto said:
orangehouse said:

how philosoper stone is fused on a kid ? even strengthful pepole cant withstand it .

Only Greedling and Wrath are fused on real humans.

Others are mostlikely created in some way, just like Gluttony is.

OH and yes. At this point in manga, NO ONE saw Selim as Pride coming. Its one of best hidden awesome secrets Arakawa has ever done.
Dec 22, 2009 1:35 AM

Nov 2008
Fai said:
anipharuto said:
orangehouse said:

Only Greedling and Wrath are fused on real humans.

Others are mostlikely created in some way, just like Gluttony is.

OH and yes. At this point in manga, NO ONE saw Selim as Pride coming. Its one of best hidden awesome secrets Arakawa has ever done.

yeah cuz it makes you go back and re-think of everything he's said and add a creepy feel to it lol
Dec 22, 2009 2:14 AM

Apr 2009
omgwtf that kid is a homunculus o_O
that was scary and unexpected..
anyway next episode should be action packed

cant wait for Scar <3
Dec 22, 2009 2:33 AM

Apr 2009
I didn't see it coming either. I always assumed Pride was King Bradley (or vice versa).

Kimblee is one hell of a man, manipulating and using everyone around him :)
Dec 22, 2009 2:39 AM

Jul 2008
damn so salim pride so him and bradley the strongest damn like father like son

5/5
Dec 22, 2009 2:43 AM

Jul 2008
I didn't see it coming either. I always assumed Pride was King Bradley (or vice versa).

King Bradley was Pride in first anime.
Here, King Bradley is Wrath.
Dec 22, 2009 4:07 AM

Sep 2008
Great ep =)

Winry finally knows like-everything and making an excuse, for not just staying at the Fortess.

Ed accepting the job and the philosopher's stone while actually planning on finding May!

and Selim being Pride o_O!! The first Humonculus...

5/5!

Seems like a lot of stuff is gonna happen soon!
Till next ep~~!

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Dec 22, 2009 5:19 AM

Apr 2009
The wait every week kills me x__X But I finally came to a conclusion that downloading from the subbers' site is much better than crappy quality streams. Go me.

Selim being Pride is one of the best plot twists in FMA. Makes most of his earlier scenes so creepy in context. The scene with Hawkeye was great, although it was much less scary than in the manga (that's because it was black and white only and the shadows were a lot more terrifying)...I love how much guts she has, I'd freak out immediately.

And yay for Winry not being a completely useless wimp! I like it when she takes action :)
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Dec 22, 2009 5:48 AM

Dec 2008
The part in Pride was just like a horror movie.
Dec 22, 2009 7:23 AM

Jul 2009
Finally Pride is revealed and I agree it worked better in the manga...seemed far more sinister and evil there. Next episode should have some epic fights in it :P
Dec 22, 2009 8:05 AM

Jul 2009
The revelation of Selim true identity as Pride is nicely done,combining his innocent look but horrifying shadows around him makes him look deadly & evil. Riza can control her fear & manage to collect some info from Pride is amazing. Kimblee sure uses dirty trick to force Ed work with him by offering philosopher stone as a token for tracking Scar & co. Based from next episode preview,there will be one hell of fighting fest so I look forward for next episode ^_^

Best eyecatch of this episode:

Dec 22, 2009 9:12 AM

Jan 2009
pride is bad ass
Dec 22, 2009 9:23 AM

Apr 2009
Selim's voice.

Gyahhhhh.

Never imagined it to be that..sickly cute lol. His Pride form should sound deeper and darker in my opinion; not so much, but just a little deeper and not so cute. *shrug*

Still pretty decent. Thought the scene worked better in the manga, but there it had the advantage of being black and white and no voices, so you were left to imagine how Pride sounded.
Dec 22, 2009 9:37 AM

Dec 2009
The episode was very good, Damn me who went and read the manga... So the Pride revelation wasn't a shock :S

Kimblee was awesome as usual, hopefully we can see a "Scar vs Kimblee II" Can't wait.
Dec 22, 2009 9:45 AM

Nov 2007
So Selim is actually the homunculus Pride, he seems to be quite powerful.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Dec 22, 2009 12:08 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Next episode looks pretty good.

Dec 22, 2009 12:27 PM

Nov 2008
when this was revealed in the manga....i realized that there was a little foreshadowing when bradley said "selim is not a weak point of mine"
Dec 22, 2009 1:16 PM
Dec 2007
A very good episode with great developments on every front and a lot of Winry. The "first homunculus" revelation was quite interesting too. Seems like they'll be reunited with Scar nexy ep, which could lead to other good developments.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 22, 2009 2:35 PM
May 2008
For people that haven't read the manga this episode would give quite a bit of nice little details. I however, thought the translation from manga to anime was done rather well, just enough to keep watchers invested.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Dec 22, 2009 2:41 PM

Jul 2009
Quite a boring episode honestly, and I'm really starting to get tired of their self righteous b-sh*t. Oh noez we don't want to use the stone because they used humans to create it.. give we a break.. not using the stone would be a greater crime since that would mean all those deaths would be for naught.
For some reason the more I watch the more I feel like the homunculi winning since they at least got some real honest reasoning behind their motives.

Hope we get to see some real Pride slaughter in a near furure >:D
Dec 22, 2009 2:53 PM

Jan 2009
Okay, great episode incoming, I'm quite positive it will indeed be an impressive episode ( ´・‿-)~
Because.. Pride! ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃
Anyway, to stay at what's now at hand.. Kimblee's an even more obvious liar in the anime than in the manga ┐(-。ー')┌ Oh well, can't helped I guess ^^; Sucks to compare stuff, just can't stop D:
Oh Ed~ Oh Winry~ What to do about you two? ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Buccaneer's bear-claws are awesome btw ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Oh it was one of the Armstrongs who delivered the message to Roy? I never got that one before ¯(°_o)/¯ I'm just ignorant I guess
Oh wonderful! Splendid! Such a magnificent introduction! ( ¯‿¯)
Ed and Kimblee's conversation about work, is really well done too. It pictures Kimblee's madness in a good light ◕ ◡ ◕

Next episode ought to be really interesting as well ヽ(´‿`ヽ)

This might be considered a spoiler for a non-manga reader, although I think I've masked it more or less ^^;
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 22, 2009 5:46 PM

Feb 2009
Selim appearance reminds me of Hellsing, so he is actually older than the Fuhrer.
Dec 22, 2009 5:51 PM

May 2009
HOLY CRAP!!! The Fuhrer's son is a homunculi?!?! I was SO not expecting that; he was just an innocent kid in the last series! I want to read the manga, but at the same time I don't because I love the element of surprise.

Awesome episode!! Can't wait til next week!
Dec 22, 2009 6:01 PM

Jan 2009
Sayuri-Hime said:
HOLY CRAP!!! The Fuhrer's son is a homunculi?!?! I was SO not expecting that; he was just an innocent kid in the last series! I want to read the manga, but at the same time I don't because I love the element of surprise.

Awesome episode!! Can't wait til next week!
I absolutely love seeing these kinds of posts, and I'm so happy there are people like this~
(I'm still blaming myself for starting to read the manga, just.. couldn't.. resist anymore xD.)
Oh and don't mind this post, it's as worthless as many of my posts~
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 22, 2009 10:41 PM

Mar 2009
Interesting. An adventure with the three of them.
Let's see how it turns out.
Oh and Winry Rulz!!!!!!!

The previews looked AWESOME!
Dec 23, 2009 5:29 AM

May 2009
Oosran said:
This might be considered a spoiler for a non-manga reader, although I think I've masked it more or less ^^;

Away with yer tempting ways, ya devil!
Dec 23, 2009 6:09 AM

Jan 2009
honey88foru said:
Oosran said:
Aye!
Dec 23, 2009 6:19 AM

Nov 2008
Oosran said:
honey88foru said:
Oosran said:
Aye!

lol
Dec 23, 2009 7:41 AM

Jun 2009
Great episode, Didn't expect that the child would be Pride.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.