Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 2, 2015 1:32 PM

May 2012
Alright, i started reading the Onepunch man manga.
i used mangaPanda and it had about 83 chapters but some chapters have the same repeated content
from the previous chapter here eg: ch 70 and 71 are ditto.
then i switched to mangaReader; same outcome
mangaFox=sameOutcome

Now i checked KissManga, its last update is in october but it only has 68 chapters listed.
i dont know what to trust.

even in the discussion forum of OPM, there are chapter discussions upto ch. 82
but whatever chapter thread i check out, the discussion is of some other content.
i am totally DIS-ORIENTED right now.. :(
help me identify a proper website for OPM?
Nov 2, 2015 1:39 PM

Feb 2013
There are quite a few special chapters in the manga.
I read it from mangahere.co because they specify which chapter is a special and which one isn't.
Nov 2, 2015 1:49 PM

Jan 2009
Ulquiorra said:

I read it from mangahere.co

yep i read One Punch Man manga there too, too bad they taken it down now due to DMCA
but mangahere still post the correct chapter numbering and the release count/number, just look at it OP and you will not be confuse anymore
Nov 2, 2015 1:51 PM

Nov 2009
that confuses me so much as well, it has too many extra chapters so no one agrees on how to number them :p
my advice is to just read on one place (I read it on kissmanga, but I'm not sure if it's up to date or not)

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Nov 2, 2015 3:05 PM

Jul 2013
I read it one mangafox and the chapter number goes to like 52, but on all other websites I see they go up to like chapter 70 or something. But each latest chapter are the same. Who to trust????
Much confused.
So paranoid.
Wow.
Nov 4, 2015 10:09 AM

Oct 2009
One Punch's manga is a clusterfuck. I recommend anyone who's not in love with the concept of One Punch just skip out on the manga. For those who must read the manga, here's the deal with it:

There are 2 One Punch Man manga. The first and original is a horribly drawn webcomic made by One. He's also responsible for Mob Psycho 100. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's horribly drawn. You can find it on batoto (you need to register to read the chapters though). One publishes the chapters for free so I shouldn't be breaking any rules by linking it.

The 2nd is the one we're familiar with, drawn and revised by Murata. There are some significant differences between Murata's rendition later on in the story. From chapter 52 and onwards, Murata changes a lot of key aspects. So if you're caught up, or somewhat caught up, with Murata's One Punch Man and are interested in the webcomic, you should start at chapter 52.

Kissmanga has most of the One Punch Man chapters online, although the organization of it is awful and they're not up to date. They have up to chapter 80, so just skip the duplicates. While they're super disorganized, the chapters on there are high quality compared to, say, mangapanda, so I still recommend reading on kissmanga.

After you finish the chapters on kissmanga, you'll want to head over to the One Punch Man subreddit. Their faq has some incorrect info and leaves some important information out so don't even bother with it. You'll see a button beneath the banner linking to the latest chapter. Click it and you'll be redirected to chapter 82's thread. The thread will link to a deleted imgur folder. Anyway, you need to read chapter 81 before 82, so just copy the thread title, paste it in the reddit search bar (changing 82 to 81), and search within the One Punch Man's subreddit. When you get to chapter 81's thread, sort the comments by new and you'll find a comment linking to an alternative imgur folder. Do this for chapter 82 when you're done with 81 and then just visit the subreddit here and there for new chapters. The end of each chapter has a prediction for when the next will be out, but it is just a prediction.

Yeah, it's a shit show. Murata and One release whenever the fuck they want and there's no set page #. Some chapters can be 6 pages, others can be 20.
lucjanNov 4, 2015 10:24 AM

Nov 4, 2015 10:44 AM

Sep 2013
mangatown
the manga has a ton of side chapters but the main story is 82 chapters currently (which includes a lot of low page counts)
it's released online so the release dates vary.
Nov 4, 2015 11:58 AM

Aug 2014
Try Mangatown or Spectrum Nexus(the uploader for this one is a little slow at times)
Nov 4, 2015 12:05 PM

Oct 2009
Mangatown seems to be up to date so yeah, use them instead of my overly-complicated suggestion.

ichii_1 said:
mangatown
the manga has a ton of side chapters but the main story is 82 chapters currently (which includes a lot of low page counts)
it's released online so the release dates vary.

The webcomic is released online. Murata's rendition is released in WSJ.

Nov 5, 2015 7:33 PM

Oct 2009
Ana said:
lucjan said:

The webcomic is released online. Murata's rendition is released in WSJ.
Murata's is also released online, not in WSJ. http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/

Didn't realize that. I mean, I know shounen jump does eventually put their stuff online, but is OPM put online at the same time it's printed in WSJ?

Nov 6, 2015 12:16 AM

May 2012
i checked Mangatown and it looks promising :)
and looks like even KissManga updated/refreshed their catalog of OPM manga
Nov 6, 2015 12:10 PM

Oct 2009
Ana said:
lucjan said:
Didn't realize that. I mean, I know shounen jump does eventually put their stuff online, but is OPM put online at the same time it's printed in WSJ?
It's not released in any printed magazine.

:O
That's awesome. Get the chapters online and then get the tankobons physically.
Does WSJ do this with any other manga? If they managed to create a good app for manga (dunno if they already have) they could just release all their manga digitally.

Nov 10, 2015 7:45 AM
May 2015
OPM in kissmanga is already updated to the latest chapter try visiting it OP
Dec 2, 2015 9:54 PM
May 2015
Do you guys know how many chapter are there for the main story and the special one, cause I tried looking to different sites like kissmanga, mangapanda, mangafox, they all have different chapter count some have 82, 86, 50, so I'm really confused right now. It would be better if there is an official list of for chapters in the main story and the special chapters.
Dec 2, 2015 10:54 PM

May 2012
as of now i would say that you can only trust kissmanga and mangahere.co for OPM chapters
Dec 3, 2015 2:46 PM

Sep 2011
I don't find any site up to date since they started taking it down everywhere. The sites where it weren't taken down(kissmanga for example) just stopped updating... I just check the official site --> http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/ <-- daily and then one day after a new update I search for a translated version on reddit that are also taken down a few days later
I don't understand all this copyright stuff. If you can just read legaly in japanese in their official site, why can't it just be translated?...
Veldin461Dec 3, 2015 2:50 PM
Dec 10, 2015 3:06 AM

Jul 2013
the other funny thing is that the first page of the newest chapter says 56 (in japanese edition), even tho the official site listed it as 85....
Dec 10, 2015 6:48 AM

May 2010
My guess is that it's best to follow this numbering, to avoid confusion: http://onepunchman.wikia.com/wiki/Chapters Currently, the mostly recent chapter would be number 58.
Dec 10, 2015 2:07 PM

Sep 2011
jouishishi said:
the other funny thing is that the first page of the newest chapter says 56 (in japanese edition), even tho the official site listed it as 85....

56 is the number of the latest chapter(56th punch). 85 is the number of the latest update
They are both right depending if you want to follow it by chapters or updates
Dec 10, 2015 2:46 PM
Apr 2014
The Murata redrawn version is a shit show indeed, most sites count the side stories as actual numbered chapters, which leads to 85+ chapters when in reality there are 50ish actual numbered chapters
And not only that Murata also sometimes releases improved version of his chapters or even adds more pages to a same chapter in the following issue and sites number it as a different chapter.
In short, just fucking go with what number the volumes list the chapters.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your girl

Jackson_rajkumar - Yesterday

19 by iamnotkartik »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 247 Discussion

deg - Feb 21

24 by Komlan_6 »»
Yesterday, 10:38 AM

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 246 Discussion

deg - Feb 7

17 by Komlan_6 »»
Yesterday, 10:34 AM

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 245 Discussion

deg - Jan 24

26 by Komlan_6 »»
Yesterday, 10:26 AM

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 244 Discussion

deg - Dec 27, 2023

16 by Komlan_6 »»
Yesterday, 10:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.