Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 3, 2015 12:01 AM

May 2015
what? isn't that too easy?
Nov 3, 2015 2:23 AM

Jun 2013
Well...Ichiya is Man...going to Protect the Members that were only Members around year. Poor Ichiya..he never get's time for Shine.

Yep...it was just exchanging the opponents and then these guys were not a problem.

Well...as expected...It is the Spprigan that are getting their Asses kicked around
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Nov 3, 2015 2:25 AM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
To quote Admiral Ackbar:

IT"S A TRAP!!!

If So....I Freaking HOPE SO
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Nov 3, 2015 2:36 AM

Apr 2008
Jarjaxle said:
Darklight0303 said:
To quote Admiral Ackbar:

IT"S A TRAP!!!

If So....I Freaking HOPE SO

Never trust an arc when things go THIS smoothly. It's textbook
Nov 3, 2015 2:39 AM

May 2015
I promised myself i wouldnt get back on cuz i get too into this site and its too much of a hassle to check back but i have to say it

THE LAST TWO FIGHTS WERE JACK SHIT AND MADE NO FUCKING SENSE

2 of the tweleve taken out this soon, WTF? As for brandish shes not technically beaten taken out and is probably gonna take em out from the inside.

This is the type of shit ive come to expect from FT.

Azel vs Erza. Erza solo'ed him with only help from a jupiter canon which even early erza could block and now wont faze her so it shouldnt faze one of the 12. Erza who 8 years ago (no training during 7 years) couldnt faze jellal (physically) and was toyed with by him. Erza who a year ago thought she couldnt beat jura at saint level even with mira and now after just 12 months she can solo someone at god level, WTF?!

Im not even gonna say the other fight, that was just plain shit, i was "THE FUCK" at the end.

U know if hiro gonna copy somethings from oda one piece he could at least make FT a good series like one piece with good fights.

Seriously if they dont all wake up and kick some ass i might actually drop this series before even finishing it.
I am the King, address me as anything less and face the wrath of The Emperor Supreme King
Nov 3, 2015 2:55 AM

Jun 2013
KingAce261 said:
I promised myself i wouldnt get back on cuz i get too into this site and its too much of a hassle to check back but i have to say it

2 of the tweleve taken out this soon, WTF? As for brandish shes not technically beaten taken out and is probably gonna take em out from the inside.

Azel vs Erza. Erza solo'ed him with only help from a jupiter canon which even early erza could block and now wont faze her so it shouldnt faze one of the 12. Erza who 8 years ago (no training during 7 years) couldnt faze jellal (physically) and was toyed with by him. Erza who a year ago thought she couldnt beat jura at saint level even with mira and now after just 12 months she can solo someone at god level, WTF?!

Im not even gonna say the other fight, that was just plain shit, i was "THE FUCK" at the end.

U know if hiro gonna copy somethings from oda one piece he could at least make FT a good series like one piece with good fights.

Seriously if they dont all wake up and kick some ass i might actually drop this series before even finishing it.

That stupid shit that ft is copying one piece. Then fucking everything is a copy of dbz. This fight unlike that "because she's erza" shit made more sense. Since she used tactics. Not being hit by jupiter is gotta be because of her armour. As for the rest, they are not down. Everything is going well to smothly for ft.
Nov 3, 2015 2:56 AM

Apr 2008
metsujin said:
KingAce261 said:

That stupid shit that ft is copying one piece. Then fucking everything is a copy of dbz. This fight unlike that "because she's erza" shit made more sense. Since she used tactics. Not being hit by jupiter is gotta be because of her armour. As for the rest, they are not down. Everything is going well to smothly for ft.

The last time she needed that Adamantite armor to TANK Jupiter and even then it was completely destroyed and she still got blown away. So that's no real excuse.
Nov 3, 2015 3:08 AM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:

Fairy Tail is the Shounen that resembles One Piece the most, but word. The One Piece fanbase is super aggresive towards Fairy Tail for having similarities but never adresses theirs to Dragon Ball. For One Piece it´s inspiration for everything else it´s a ripoff.

Also true.
Darklight0303 said:

The last time she needed that Adamantite armor to TANK Jupiter and even then it was completely destroyed and she still got blown away. So that's no real excuse.
IsterioNov 3, 2015 3:12 AM
Nov 3, 2015 3:47 AM

May 2015
Isterio said:
metsujin said:

Fairy Tail is the Shounen that resembles One Piece the most, but word. The One Piece fanbase is super aggresive towards Fairy Tail for having similarities but never adresses theirs to Dragon Ball. For One Piece it´s inspiration for everything else it´s a ripoff.

Also true.
Darklight0303 said:

I just meant big points like gramps and white beard not plot similiarties and all that, cuz if we compare stuff like that then yeah all shounen are more or less the same

And as for erza blocking jupiter i meant that in the very begining she could block it even if it took her and her armour out so by now she could probably block it with ease and someone at god level shouldnt be fazed by it.
I am the King, address me as anything less and face the wrath of The Emperor Supreme King
Nov 3, 2015 3:49 AM

May 2015
metsujin said:
KingAce261 said:

Oh and i said that of they r not down im good
Nov 3, 2015 4:24 AM

Oct 2011
I know we don't know anything about Wāru Īhito but why some people even think that he's down already?

They literally beated him with brute force, there's no way you can take that serious, that's probably just another robot or something, I really don't buy not even a bit that he's out already, not to mention it was by Freed and Ichiya of all people, also "NYAH" is a really akward thing to come out of your mouth after being "defeated".

Previously Brandish said that the level of the 12 are all similar maybe August being the only exception but if one of them gets defeated like that, then we might not even need Gildarts here, Laxus and Jura can wipe them out WITH EASE, but the 3Gods of Ishigar wouldn't be that afraid if that was the case.
Nov 3, 2015 6:42 AM

Jul 2007
*Facepalm*

1/5 and dropping FT overall score by 1 point.

Holy shit do I hope this was just some masterplan by Zeref sending complete trash to preoccupy the guild or something..

Otherwise this might be the worst ark in FT history.. What the fuck is Mashima smoking?
Nov 3, 2015 7:01 AM

Jun 2013
-ZET- said:
I know we don't know anything about Wāru Īhito but why some people even think that he's down already?

They literally beated him with brute force, there's no way you can take that serious, that's probably just another robot or something, I really don't buy not even a bit that he's out already, not to mention it was by Freed and Ichiya of all people, also "NYAH" is a really akward thing to come out of your mouth after being "defeated".

Previously Brandish said that the level of the 12 are all similar maybe August being the only exception but if one of them gets defeated like that, then we might not even need Gildarts here, Laxus and Jura can wipe them out WITH EASE, but the 3Gods of Ishigar wouldn't be that afraid if that was the case.
Nov 3, 2015 7:12 AM

Jun 2012
Isterio said:

I think this mainly comes from the fact that One Piece (and to be fair, Naruto as well) have plenty of themes, concepts, storylines, etc. that Dragon Ball never touched on and it's clear that Oda has come into his own over the years.

Whereas Mashima plays this manga -extremely- safe and even things that could be considered good about Fairy Tail are done much better in series like Nanatsu, Magi, or his previous work Rave Master. The constant comparisons to One Piece probably just come from it being the most popular manga FT has a lot in common with.
Nov 3, 2015 7:54 AM
Jan 2013
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, what the actual f*ck, Mashima? If the whole thing is not a trap from Spriggan, then
Nov 3, 2015 8:08 AM
Aug 2014
on the other hand in Taizai greatness, the worst looking design one amongst the commandments is still standing after 30 chapter since his debut.
Nov 3, 2015 1:24 PM

Aug 2014
-ZET- said:

Franmalth was killed by a rock. And Jackal's suicide attack couldn't even damage Happy.

Just like to remind you of that.
Nov 3, 2015 3:18 PM

Oct 2011
AllenNoah said:
Franmalth was killed by a rock. And Jackal's suicide attack couldn't even damage Happy.

Just like to remind you of that.

But those 2 still fought a little.
Here Warui did 3 attacks, 2 being simple punches and that was it, heck even Marin gave more trouble than him.
Nov 3, 2015 3:29 PM

May 2015
Oh there was something else i wanted to say not to start something but just a reminder of the good ole days.

If Azel is in fact down and out then i think his fight with erza should have at least went more like her fight with Azuma. In that fight Azuma was leagues above her like Azel should be too and even though Azuma lost Erza never actually won. In that fight Erza did her best but was no match for him and the only reason he lost is cuz he abused and overused his magic, which made sense cuz if u dont follow the own limitations and rukes of your magic there will be consequences. Azel and Erza fight shouldve been like that and even though there would be people bitching how its just copy of an earlier fight at least it wouldve made sense
Nov 3, 2015 9:30 PM
Jul 2014
I can't really believe that people are actually buying this. If you are experienced enough with FT, you must realize the fact that Mashima KNOWS what the audience is expecting from him. And whenever TWO chapters are released together, 90% of time the content is unimpressive or Trollshima throwing the bait. That is why he releases 2 chapters at once, so that he can get to the good stuff quickly(like he did with Avatar arc..which he made up for through chapter 436). He intentionally does this to calm the atmosphere and cause a transition (he knew that Tartarus was depressing so he dropped the intensity with happy-go-lucky Avatar/reunion arc.. he has said so in the afterword of vol. 48/49). Idk why he does this anyway. The moment I saw Ichiya, I knew that I was not supposed to take this chapter seriously.

As for the chapter, do you REALLY think the Wahl Raijinshuu fought was something Zeref would take under his wing? NO! This Wahl had the same atmosphere around which could be compared to the likes of Rufus and Rustyrose. He was tricky but do you really think this is all he could have up his sleeve especially after the ending statement and the last panel with that unusual smile on his face (Who the heck smiles after being defeated?). The moment he was introduced he said something along the lines of "love is sinful". So you can clearly expect one of your legit 'ships to be his REAL opponents.
And plus he nullified Freed's barrier magic (there's no way he could expose it's weakness because Freed actually said that Jutsu Shiki was the "perfect" defense). AND in that silhouette in chapter 440, you can see a rodent sitting on Wahl's shoulder ( Nullification and Rodent kinda leads us to Obra from Raven Tail, doesn't it?)

As for Brandish, its obvious she has more in her head than she looks like.. If I'm correct, it does seem like Hiro is following a pattern with the first wave of Spriggans Ajeel, Brandish and Wahl (i.e. make it look like they're KOed only for them to get up and cause trouble later).
Nov 4, 2015 2:56 AM

Jan 2009
i doubt Ajeel and that Robot is really defeated this easily, lets see in future chapters

i wonder what Fairy Tail will ask Brandish though once she wakes up
Nov 4, 2015 6:17 AM

Jul 2007
Apocalypse37 said:
That is why he releases 2 chapters at once, so that he can get to the good stuff quickly(like he did with Avatar arc..which he made up for through chapter 436). He intentionally does this to calm the atmosphere and cause a transition (he knew that Tartarus was depressing so he dropped the intensity with happy-go-lucky Avatar/reunion arc.. he has said so in the afterword of vol. 48/49).

I am sorry but not buying that.
Start of Avatar arc was tense and great. And then something happened. I still firmly believe mashima grew fearful of Gray fanbois and had to change his plans for that arc hence ridiculously shitty ending and Gray whitewashing.
Nov 4, 2015 7:04 AM
Oct 2013
CookingPriest said:

Start of Avatar arc was tense and great. And then something happened. I still firmly believe mashima grew fearful of Gray fanbois and had to change his plans for that arc hence ridiculously shitty ending and Gray whitewashing.

That´s because you and Darklight are delusional and think you know better than the author, although I bet anything you´d write would be a pile of shit.

People complained about Gray Uchiha and that literally would have been a Naruto out of nowhere, without any buildup, making him a villain would have been pointless. Furthermore no author writes his story 2 weeks in advance even Hiro Mashima has planned his chapters months in advance. He changes details at best, which explains the poor execution of fights, his conclusions aka his storytelling can´t be made up on the spot though.
Nov 4, 2015 7:13 AM

Apr 2008
Isterio said:
CookingPriest said:

That´s because you and Darklight are delusional and think you know better than the author, although I bet anything you´d write would be a pile of shit.

People complained about Gray Uchiha and that literally would have been a Naruto out of nowhere, without any buildup, making him a villain would have been pointless. Furthermore no author writes his story 2 weeks in advance even Hiro Mashima has planned his chapters months in advance. He changes details at best, which explains the poor execution of fights, his conclusions aka his storytelling can´t be made up on the spot though.

The guy who keeps spamming his baseless idea that Simon is alive is calling someone delusional? I call it an Idea because it doesn't even have enough arguments for it to be considered a theory.

It's you who should never go into writing, buddy.
Nov 4, 2015 7:29 AM

Aug 2014
Isterio said:
CookingPriest said:

No need for attacks like that. Even with defenses like that, you have to agree that the Avatar Arc had some glaring issues. Juvia's extreme dependency reaching filler levels of Flanderization, the obviously not-evil Gray (seriously, who actually bought that? It was dumb in the Daphne Arc and it was just as dumb here), the fact that it couldn't be bothered to explain how and even why Gray killed Frosch in F!Rogue's timeline and what exactly changed, etc...
Nov 4, 2015 8:24 AM
Oct 2013
AllenNoah said:

No need for attacks like that. Even with defenses like that, you have to agree that the Avatar Arc had some glaring issues. Juvia's extreme dependency reaching filler levels of Flanderization, the obviously not-evil Gray (seriously, who actually bought that? It was dumb in the Daphne Arc and it was just as dumb here), the fact that it couldn't be bothered to explain how and even why Gray killed Frosch in F!Rogue's timeline and what exactly changed, etc...

Do we know the parents of all the Fairy Tail cast?
The important plotpoint is that something happened within that "alternative" timeline that made Gray kill Frosch, it´s called plot device.

Hiro made clear that this isn´t gonna happen in this new timeline (our timeline).
He could revisit this plotpoint later on again,however there are alot of hints that it was an accident, we do not need him to show us the alternative timeline, there´s also no way to actually proof that. Just keep in mind everything that has changed within this timeline, that was altered 3 times.

We do not know how timelines work in the FT universe. Toriyamas Dragon Ball multiverse consists of only 12universes not an infinite number

Avatar is the Fishman Island arc equivalent of Fairy Tail.
It was meant to be nothing else and everyone could tell from it´s introduction, going from demons to some random dark guild that´s reminiscent of Erigor.

Regarding Juvias dependancy, do we read the same manga?
Juvia is like this since she came to Fairy Tail, sorry Juvia fanboys that´s her role wake up. The last time she had development outside of Gray sama was during the Laxus arc where she proofed herself as a loyal member of the guild, like it or not, she gets some screentime with others but the "Gray Sama attitude" never changed, it was nothing new that she´ll get sick when her loved one is absent.
It´s fitting for Gray´s character that he´s careless, but he gave the explanation of Juvia being unreliable when it comes to keeping quiet.

And to be honest she´s believeably written, she had boyfriends before, Phantom lord wanted her for her power alone and Gray let her see the sunny sky for the first time in her life. Her admiration comes from Gray´s ability to lighten up her heart, that´s why she loves him to death. Sorry perverts no waifu material here.
IsterioNov 4, 2015 11:13 AM
Nov 4, 2015 8:26 AM
Jul 2014
CookingPriest said:

You're acting as if you don't know an ordinary mangaka's work schedule. No offense.
Idc if you buy it or not, but the fact still remains that Mashima had immediately stated that the next arc after Tartarus would be fun and happy. That is what transition arcs in FT are all about.. something that doesn't quite affect the main plot in a BIG way. There is no way in hell Mashima would listen to fanboys when Mashima literally finishes transition arcs in a matter of 2 weeks (he has mentioned doing so in Sun village/X781). The suggestions he recieved MIGHT be implemented in this arc.
AllenNoah said:
Isterio said:

Gray killing Frosch is one of my questions for this arc. There is a chance Gray might go berserk in this arc, especially if he finds out END's truth. Hiro in no way leaves such plot changing facts unchecked and unexplained. If he does then the Future Rogue's legacy will go to waste.
Apocalypse37Nov 4, 2015 6:39 PM
Nov 4, 2015 11:22 AM

Jul 2014
Just because it's the authors intention, doesn't change the fact that it's shit.
"Hi!"
Nov 4, 2015 11:54 AM

Aug 2014
Isterio said:
Do we know the parents of all the Fairy Tail cast?
The important plotpoint is that something happened within that "alternative" timeline that made Gray kill Frosch, it´s called plot device.

Hiro made clear that this isn´t gonna happen in this new timeline (our timeline).
He could revisit this plotpoint later on again, however there are alot of hints that it was an accident, we do not need him to show us the alternative timeline, there´s also no way to actually proof that. Just keep in mind everything that has changed within this timeline, that was altered 3 times.

We do not know how timelines work in the FT universe. Toriyamas Dragon Ball multiverse consists of only 12universes not an infinite number

There were? Like what? Everything we saw pointed to Gray being in control.

Isterio said:
Avatar is the Fishman Island arc equivalent of Fairy Tail.
It was meant to be nothing else and everyone could tell from it´s introduction, going from demons to some random dark guild that´s reminiscent of Erigor.

Funny, they said the same thing about the GMG, where Fairy Tail was able to catch up to and surpass mages who trained for 7 extra years by training for three months and getting an MP Boost. And yet now we've gone from demons to...some random foreign guilds.

Isterio said:
Regarding Juvias dependancy, do we read the same manga?
Juvia is like this since she came to Fairy Tail, sorry Juvia fanboys that´s her role wake up. The last time she had development outside of Gray sama was during the Laxus arc where she proofed herself as a loyal member of the guild, like it or not, she gets some screentime with others but the "Gray Sama attitude" never changed, it was nothing new that she´ll get sick when her loved one is absent.
It´s fitting for Gray´s character that he´s careless, but he gave the explanation of Juvia being unreliable when it comes to keeping quiet.

And to be honest she´s believeably written, she had boyfriends before, Phantom lord wanted her for her power alone and Gray let her see the sunny sky for the first time in her life. Her admiration comes from Gray´s ability to lighten up her heart, that´s why she loves him to death. Sorry perverts no waifu material here.

Yeah, we're just gonna hafta agree to disagree here.
Nov 4, 2015 11:54 AM
Oct 2013
YEEART said:
Just because it's the authors intention, doesn't change the fact that it's shit.

His argument was not it´s shit, his argument was the author rewrites it for the sake of fanboys, furthermore its confusing that you´ve got FT in your favorites and always complain about it.
Nov 4, 2015 10:47 PM

Jun 2013
There's only one thing I can think of as to why Hiro put comedy so early on in this... Something really really bad will happen in the future chapters.
Nov 5, 2015 4:33 AM

Mar 2015
Spriggan 12, my ass. How disappointing, haha.
Nov 8, 2015 9:38 AM
May 2015
Finally caught up with manga. Still few episodes behind in anime.

So it is pretty obvious what Hiro is doing.

Tartaros started out with hype from Jackal killing the council.

Then Mashima had 2 demons take on Laxus and Natsu. Natsu and Laxus both won but with casualties and were hard battles.

So then Mashima had Elfman, Mira, Natsu, Erza all get captured. Erza also was tortured for however many chapters before the big fights started and FT started winning.

We had an extremely long prologue to this Alvarez arc. I consider everything dealing with rescuing Markarov, Mavis's story, Fairy tail zero, the prologue.

Now we are in part 1 of the original battles. Mashima is playing it off for the shock value. He hyped the Spriggins up and then allow them to get taken down easily so tertiary and quatriary characters (Bisca and Freed) get to have a moment (perhaps there last moment if the final bad guys are Zeref, Achnologia, and END).

Wharl and Azir are not finished. The whole point was to open Freed's jutsu and allow Brandish to get captured while Azir distracted everyone.

Remember Zeref telling Azir that he was not allowed to attack alone? And that they were going to do it Zeref's way. Even Brandish said it was not what she felt but what Zeref wanted her to do.

Attacking for fairy heart was probably a good way to motivate all his Spriggins, if he is having a hard time controlling some of them. Starting a war with Fiore and Achnologia is probably not good enough for them to fight unless they thought their reward was going to be an endless supply of energy. Some probably know they are being played, like August, who seems to be more aware of what is going on with Ragnork.

Because remember Zeref's intent is not just to capture fairy heart but attract Achnologia and bring Natsu despair.

It is more despair to give some hope and take it away than to merely crush your opponents. Brandish is getting close to the guild in order to find Fairy Heart and to bring Natsu despair by finding out probably who is best friends are.

On top of that, if Zeref makes the battle slow enough, other guilds have the opportunity to come and help. Increase numbers means that Achnologia will be attracted faster.

So next chapter will be a transition as the guild regroups from Ichiya's appearance right before the Spriggins make their presence known with some type of ending that hypes the next chapter. Then the next chapter will have some plot-twist. Then the next battles will start and fairy tail will either be crushed or more help will arrive in the form of Jellal and OS.

Back in tartaros, nobody thought Hiro would have Erza tortured like he did so I think he is building it up to have Markarov or Gildarts die when nobody thinks he will die because Lucy's monologue does indicate something horrible will happen, even if it is like 30 chapters of filler in this war before we get to that part.
CrescentgenisiNov 8, 2015 9:43 AM
Sep 25, 2016 7:15 AM

Jan 2016
Another Springgan down ? or is it? great chapter tho, Nice by Elfman think there. and ichya.. he is all weaknesses.. lmao

get a feeling that this assault is just getting started...
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
May 5, 2017 10:21 AM

Dec 2014
well the fairy tail won...lol Ichida had to many weanesses to detect
Jul 26, 2017 5:04 AM

Oct 2015
that was a surprise for ichiya to show, but it was worth it though coz they managed to take the upper end
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 15, 2018 10:48 AM

Feb 2013
He had too many weaknesses but in the end he won, with Freed's help.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.