Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 30, 2015 6:51 PM

Sep 2013
Rinth said:
It airs on Crunchyroll, so it's anime. Kappa.

The author was Japanese-American even...
Oct 30, 2015 6:52 PM
May 2015
Old_Raven said:
Rinth said:
It airs on Crunchyroll, so it's anime. Kappa.

The author was Japanese-American even...

RIP MONTY
Oct 30, 2015 7:01 PM

Sep 2014
XPyrrhaNikosX said:
i can see what you are saying. everyone has their own tastes. just curious what made you made specifically from the red trailer?

The little girl, dressed with a gothic-lolita-red-riding-hood-cospaly who slaughters badass werewolf-like, with a freaking huge threatening scythe she uses like a woodstick (seriously, I thought she's a psycho-killer), in a "bloody" orgy (blood remplaced by roses to hide the violence is still violent) is something who hurts me...

Plus, It's just after I've stopped a piece of shit of manga with the same Red-Riding-Hood aspect...
Watching this trailer made me remember some gruesome and disgusting scenes who scarred me....
Oct 30, 2015 7:04 PM
May 2015
Balong said:
XPyrrhaNikosX said:
i can see what you are saying. everyone has their own tastes. just curious what made you made specifically from the red trailer?

The little girl, dressed with a gothic-lolita-red-riding-hood-cospaly who slaughters badass werewolf-like, with a freaking huge threatening scythe she uses like a woodstick (seriously, I thought she's a psycho-killer), in a "bloody" orgy (blood remplaced by roses to hide the violence is still violent) is something who hurts me...

Plus, It's just after I've stopped a piece of shit of manga with the same Red-Riding-Hood aspect...
Watching this trailer made me remember some gruesome and disgusting scenes who scarred me....

oh alright, well still i think you should give the series another shot, but it seems there are a lot of aspects of the show you dont like.
Oct 30, 2015 7:04 PM

Nov 2014
ichii_1 said:
Surprised it's still going after the creator died.

Oct 30, 2015 7:06 PM
May 2015
ExTamplier said:
ichii_1 said:
Surprised it's still going after the creator died.

well apparently he left a lot of notes behind for the future of show. So apparently there is still quite a bit of material to adapt.
Nov 1, 2015 1:08 AM

Dec 2014
Japanese cast of RWBY:
Ruby Rose - Saori Hayami(The Irregular at Magic High School's Miyuki Shiba)

Weiss Schnee - Yoko Hikasa(Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?'s Freya)

Blake Belladonna - Yu Shimamura (Attack on Titan's Annie)

Yang Xiao Long - Ami Koshimizu (Kill La Kill's Ryūko Matoi)

There are some big names in there ^^

Japanese dub trailer -
MobiusThreeNov 1, 2015 1:21 AM
Nov 1, 2015 1:12 AM

Oct 2013
ITZ NAWT ANEMEH - Weebs
Nov 1, 2015 4:04 AM

Apr 2014
Zuihou said:
The action is decent and the only reason I'd continue watching is for the main female cast. Everything else is lackluster. I'd give the show a 5/10 if I rated it as like any other anime.

I would give it a 1 if I rated it as anime.

Pretty much everything was shit.
Nov 1, 2015 4:11 AM

Jun 2014
GEO9875 said:
ITZ NAWT ANEMEH - Weebs

ITS ANEMEH - rwby fans who foam and get enraged when people just speak the truth.

Gotta love the "weeb" argument scapegoat though.
Nov 1, 2015 4:27 AM

Oct 2013
MobiusThree said:
Japanese cast of RWBY:
Ruby Rose - Saori Hayami(The Irregular at Magic High School's Miyuki Shiba)

Weiss Schnee - Yoko Hikasa(Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?'s Freya)

Blake Belladonna - Yu Shimamura (Attack on Titan's Annie)

Yang Xiao Long - Ami Koshimizu (Kill La Kill's Ryūko Matoi)

There are some big names in there ^^

Japanese dub trailer -

I guess what they said about seiyuu getting paid shit is quite true. :(

As someone who always prefers sub/raw over dub, I actually think some of the English main cast voice actresses do a pretty stellar job in RWBY all things considered. Still, I'm super hyped for those Japanese seiyuu!
Nov 1, 2015 4:32 AM
Apr 2013
XPyrrhaNikosX said:
worldeditor11 said:
RWBY trailers are good. The actual series however is mediocre.

how many volumes/episodes have you watched?

I barely managed to finish the first season and it was just not what I have expected it to be. My first impression from the trailers was this is a dark action-packed series; Not some cliche magic highschool anime where everyone flaunt their nakama power. The weapons are nice though and the trailers are truly something else. Still, RWBY the series is nothing but all flair with no substance.
Nov 1, 2015 9:34 AM

Sep 2013
Balong said:
And the "Red" trailer made me angry for like half-hour..

Can I ask how? I'm a RWBY fan but I thought the Red trailer was magnificent right from the start.
Nov 1, 2015 10:14 AM
Mar 2012
worldeditor11 said:
XPyrrhaNikosX said:

how many volumes/episodes have you watched?

I barely managed to finish the first season and it was just not what I have expected it to be. My first impression from the trailers was this is a dark action-packed series; Not some cliche magic highschool anime where everyone flaunt their nakama power. The weapons are nice though and the trailers are truly something else. Still, RWBY the series is nothing but all flair with no substance.

The RWBY series is exactly the wrong way to make something inspired by anime - don't get my wrong I have the utmost respect for Monty as he managed to actually make an anime, or something that heavily resembled anime, in the USA which puts him in a pretty secluded bunch of people. I love the character designs and appreciate the fact he thought about the world BUT...

The big problem, going back to the start, is that it makes no effort to be anything but the most generic thing it can be. It's like you took a handful of the currently airing anime and saw: all girls, big weapons, action, highschool, magic and then just made that anime. The characters are empty, the 3d is meh at best beyond the initial trailer fights and it just feels SO flat. So devoid of originality that it feels cynical even when I know that the original creator obviously never thought of it like that.

I just honestly can't see any appeal to that series, unless you are grasping at straws for western made 'anime' - as for things made in an anime style Korra is still probably the best thing from the west, RWBY is at VERY best average.
Nov 1, 2015 10:20 AM
May 2015
Kreion said:
worldeditor11 said:

The RWBY series is exactly the wrong way to make something inspired by anime - don't get my wrong I have the utmost respect for Monty as he managed to actually make an anime, or something that heavily resembled anime, in the USA which puts him in a pretty secluded bunch of people. I love the character designs and appreciate the fact he thought about the world BUT...

The big problem, going back to the start, is that it makes no effort to be anything but the most generic thing it can be. It's like you took a handful of the currently airing anime and saw: all girls, big weapons, action, highschool, magic and then just made that anime. The characters are empty, the 3d is meh at best beyond the initial trailer fights and it just feels SO flat. So devoid of originality that it feels cynical even when I know that the original creator obviously never thought of it like that.

I just honestly can't see any appeal to that series, unless you are grasping at straws for western made 'anime' - as for things made in an anime style Korra is still probably the best thing from the west, RWBY is at VERY best average.

In my opinion it is better than most animes that are airing right now. Though i agree it is pretty generic. There are quite a bit to the characters, just a lot has not been explained yet. and for the 3d, if you look at the newest season tat is coming out now, i think it is absolutely amazing... but then again that is just my opinion.
Nov 1, 2015 10:21 AM

Jan 2013
People actually watch this? lol
Nov 1, 2015 10:23 AM
May 2015
CondemneDio said:

yes they do, in fact a lot of people do
Nov 1, 2015 10:24 AM

Jan 2013
XPyrrhaNikosX said:
CondemneDio said:

But why?
Crappy 3d, crappy animation, crappy voice acting, and bullshit powers.
Nov 1, 2015 10:26 AM
May 2015
CondemneDio said:
XPyrrhaNikosX said:

But why?

well everyone has their different tastes obviously. but the i think that animation is quite good, especially if you look at the season that is starting to air now. and define bullshit?
Nov 1, 2015 10:29 AM

Jan 2013
XPyrrhaNikosX said:

well everyone has their different tastes obviously. but the i think that animation is quite good, especially if you look at the season that is starting to air now. and define bullshit?

Yeah, well it's all preferences. I think the animation is one of the worst I've seen.

Bullshit powers have no rules or limits and are vague as hell. Like ki in DBZ, or whatever energy from Bleach.
Nov 1, 2015 10:32 AM
May 2015
CondemneDio said:
XPyrrhaNikosX said:

Yeah, well it's all preferences. I think the animation is one of the worst I've seen.

Bullshit powers have no rules or limits and are vague as hell. Like ki in DBZ, or whatever energy from Bleach.

like give me an example for the powers. The powers are very straight forward in my opinion
Nov 1, 2015 10:34 AM

Jan 2013
XPyrrhaNikosX said:
CondemneDio said:

like give me an example for the powers. The powers are very straight forward in my opinion

Hmm.. RWBY powers? I don't really know more than the whole aura thing.
Which is basically a plot armor power, which can heal and protect, and has no set limits or rules.
Nov 1, 2015 10:35 AM
May 2015
CondemneDio said:
XPyrrhaNikosX said:

Hmm.. RWBY powers? I don't really know more than the whole aura thing.
Which is basically a plot armor power, which can heal and protect, and has no set limits or rules.

just curious how much did you watch?
Nov 1, 2015 10:38 AM

Jan 2013
XPyrrhaNikosX said:

Not at all. I watched the Death Battle which had the blonde chick. I know it's not the best place to gather information, but from what I gathered with my friend from the explanations the aura is just what I said. A plot armor with no limits or rules. It's just not good writing.
Nov 1, 2015 10:42 AM
May 2015
CondemneDio said:
XPyrrhaNikosX said:

Not at all. I watched the Death Battle which had the blonde chick. I know it's not the best place to gather information, but from what I gathered with my friend from the explanations the aura is just what I said. A plot armor with no limits or rules. It's just not good writing.

well in my opinion you need to watch things your self, instead of just gathering your info from your friends and sources like death battle (not trying to be an a**). but again everyone has their own opinions. I would highly recommend for you to watch at lest the first season for yourself.
Nov 1, 2015 11:52 AM
Mar 2012
XPyrrhaNikosX said:
Kreion said:

In my opinion it is better than most animes that are airing right now. Though i agree it is pretty generic. There are quite a bit to the characters, just a lot has not been explained yet. and for the 3d, if you look at the newest season tat is coming out now, i think it is absolutely amazing... but then again that is just my opinion.

You can like it more but that doesn't make it better, as I said it's solidly, painfully average at best and there are always a lot of average series. Having characters that need time to grow three seasons in is bad writing, if they are still flat at this point (and they are) they are flat characters.

It's not, like, objectively the 3d isn't that good and you can't use opinions on that. The only argument you can make on the 3d is that it's better than some anime's 3d and that's fine because most anime's use shit 3d anyway, it still looks stilted and lacks the expression which 2d has and will continue to have over 3d for a good long while yet.

Also - you don't need to watch things to dislike them. I can see a poster of KyoAni's latest show and know it'll probably be ass, likewise I have seen enough of RWBY to know I would not enjoy it and understand that it is a show which is 100% trope.

Feel free to enjoy it, but likewise I will feel free to dislike it.
Nov 1, 2015 4:05 PM

Apr 2014
CondemneDio said:
XPyrrhaNikosX said:

But why?

Also, crappy plot and crappy characters. Dialogue was so bad. I just cringed a lot.

It's like your typical shounen cliche crap except everything is significantly worse.

I think it only gets views because the people haven't seen much anime or because rosterteeth already had a big fan base.
Nov 1, 2015 4:16 PM

Jun 2015
sadpwner said:
CondemneDio said:

But why?

Also, crappy plot and crappy characters. Dialogue was so bad. I just cringed a lot.

It's like your typical shounen cliche crap except everything is significantly worse.

I think it only gets views because the people haven't seen much anime or because rosterteeth already had a big fan base.

I'd put my money on the roosterteeth fan base being the reason. I only started watching it because I loved Red vs Blue. Didn't watch anime when I stared it and don't think amount of anime has anything to do with it. Other than kind of art style I don't see much reason to compare it to anime. Personally love it as a web series.
Nov 1, 2015 4:53 PM

Nov 2014
soo much hate...
Nov 1, 2015 8:34 PM

Feb 2015
again with comparing try-hards with real anime...-_- anyway -

i stopped looking at S2, mostly because i was disappointed at the outcome of it after expecting so much difference from the trailers.

and then my thinking was that, if something is trying to hard to be anime, why not just look at the original? that's how i feel about avatar, which is why i've never bothered to look at that either.
Jun 26, 2016 12:52 AM

Jan 2015
Awesome! Best volume by far!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4817 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
2 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7576 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
4 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

2 by Pengawas »»
4 hours ago

» Mal spotify collaborative playlist ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Jan 6

60 by tsukareru »»
Yesterday, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

6 by alex889 »»
Yesterday, 1:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.