Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2015 10:02 PM

Oct 2014
This honestly scares me the most about the game so far.

Nov 3, 2015 10:21 PM

Dec 2013
bolby said:

Yeah, I'm not seeing a lot of positive feedback on their decision to do that.
My only guess is they wanted it to be more "console-friendly" despite the fact that it worked just fine the way it was, even on consoles.

Maybe someone at Bethesda is a Scroll-Nazi and hates scrolling.
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Nov 3, 2015 11:35 PM

Jan 2013
CaimTheJoyful said:

I'll be damned if Fallout 4 loses points among critics and gamers on graphics alone. Because really, you keep hearing all those people saying "graphics don't matter" but when it comes to Fallout 4, it's suddenly a big problem.

Graphics are over-appreciated anyway. A game that looks nice, but has no content, character or story is not worth a damn.
Nov 4, 2015 2:35 AM

Oct 2014
CondemneDio said:
CaimTheJoyful said:

I'll be damned if Fallout 4 loses points among critics and gamers on graphics alone. Because really, you keep hearing all those people saying "graphics don't matter" but when it comes to Fallout 4, it's suddenly a big problem.

Graphics are over-appreciated anyway. A game that looks nice, but has no content, character or story is not worth a damn.

It wasn't Caim who said that, it was me actually. But yeah, that's correct although I highly doubt Fallout would be "lacking" in content. However, there won't be any stopping for the definitely coming comparisons between Fallout and the other GOTY contenders like The Witcher 3 and MGS V in the graphics department once everyone gets their hands on the game.

Still, who ever plays Fallout for the graphics?
Nov 4, 2015 2:41 AM

Jan 2013
Khaosman-Prime said:
CondemneDio said:

It wasn't Caim who said that, it was me actually. But yeah, that's correct although I highly doubt Fallout would be "lacking" in content. However, there won't be any stopping for the definitely coming comparisons between Fallout and the other GOTY contenders like The Witcher 3 and MGS V in the graphics department once everyone gets their hands on the game.

Still, who ever plays Fallout for the graphics?

Sorry, I mis-quoted.
Yeah, the comparisons are inevitable, but ultimately meaningless. I just hope it's gonna be a good game. Aside from Undertale, this year has been a slow gaming year for me.
Nov 4, 2015 5:53 AM

Sep 2014
TheDerpMan said:
SnugglyWhuggly said:
Will you be getting Fallout 4?
What are your expectations so far?

I expect it to be game of the year for me. It's the first game I've ever preordered because I have faith in Bethesda.

Even when they tend to release glitchy messes? :P
MGS V is going to be hard to top for me, but I hope Fallout 4 can take its place.
Nov 4, 2015 6:43 AM

Nov 2014
SnugglyWhuggly said:
TheDerpMan said:

I expect it to be game of the year for me. It's the first game I've ever preordered because I have faith in Bethesda.

Even when they tend to release glitchy messes? :P
MGS V is going to be hard to top for me, but I hope Fallout 4 can take its place.
Hey... The glitches can be funny though

I'm having a blast with The Phantom Pain. I've clocked in many hours into the game. And the menu says I only have 20% completion. D:
Nov 4, 2015 6:47 AM

Jan 2013
TheDerpMan said:

Well yeah, they can be hilarious. But they take away from immersion, and can be game breaking.
Nov 4, 2015 6:51 AM

Nov 2014
CondemneDio said:
TheDerpMan said:

Well yeah, they can be hilarious. But they take away from immersion, and can be game breaking.
I'm aware of that. I was just injecting a bit of humor into my earlier post. I remember loading up a save once on New Vegas. It booted up, then took me out and told me the save was corrupted. Words cannot describe how frustrated I was. Game breaking bug.
Nov 4, 2015 6:58 AM

Jan 2013
TheDerpMan said:
CondemneDio said:

I'm aware of that. I was just injecting a bit of humor into my earlier post. I remember loading up a save once on New Vegas. It booted up, then took me out and told me the save was corrupted. Words cannot describe how frustrated I was. Game breaking bug.

Yeah I know the feeling.
I quit playing Watch_Dogs after getting the same game breaking bug in a row.
Nov 4, 2015 7:05 AM

Nov 2014
CondemneDio said:
TheDerpMan said:

Yeah I know the feeling.
I quit playing Watch_Dogs after getting the same game breaking bug in a row.
I honestly couldn't push myself to finish Watch Dogs. I didn't encounter the same bug you're talking about in the game. But the world felt so bland and I found it hard to get immersed. I liked the stealth segments though. Maybe it's because I went in with my expectations too high. I don't know.
Nov 4, 2015 7:11 AM

Sep 2011
I'm just going into this expecting the worst fallout yet, the formulaic dialogue wheel(Y is always a question, B is always negative, A is always positive, and X is always neutral), small as hell world(confirmed smaller than 3, people crossed from one end of the map to the other in less than 11 minutes sprinting), and lack of factions has me without any faith for this to be a worthwhile entry in the series.

God damn it i dont want a fallout game worse than 3, fucking bethesda doesnt understand this franchise whatsoever and that pisses me off. Hopefully obsidian can get their hands on the licence again but after bethesda royally fucked them over i doubt they would be willing to.
JizzyHitlerNov 4, 2015 7:22 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 4, 2015 7:24 AM

Sep 2011
Oh jesus christ there are only 2 endings based on a choice you make at the end, fuck you bethesda you incompetent fucks.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 4, 2015 9:01 AM

Jul 2007
Just wait for inevitable Wasteland 3, Obsidians Van Buuren(since they got the rights for it), or Obsidian's Fallout Expandalone( i hope its coming).
Nov 4, 2015 10:13 AM

Oct 2014
JizzyHitler said:
I'm just going into this expecting the worst fallout yet, the formulaic dialogue wheel(Y is always a question, B is always negative, A is always positive, and X is always neutral), small as hell world(confirmed smaller than 3, people crossed from one end of the map to the other in less than 11 minutes sprinting), and lack of factions has me without any faith for this to be a worthwhile entry in the series.

God damn it i dont want a fallout game worse than 3, fucking bethesda doesnt understand this franchise whatsoever and that pisses me off. Hopefully obsidian can get their hands on the licence again but after bethesda royally fucked them over i doubt they would be willing to.

I saw those videos but let me get this straight, a game has to be measured by how fast it takes to sprint from one end of the map to the other? Fallout was never about how big the damn world is, it's about what you find in the world that makes it a worthwhile experience. While you can run from one end to the other in 11 minutes, the actual world is still quite dense. Plenty of exploring to do. For comparison, it takes 13 minutes to run across Skyrim and about 30 minutes to cross The Witcher 3's map from what I heard. But TW3 is a different kind of open-world obviously.

I do agree about the dialogue wheel though, seems like with more and more leaks, it looking less of a good idea.
Khaosman-OSANov 4, 2015 10:21 AM
Nov 4, 2015 10:16 AM

Jan 2013
Honestly, I just hope the vaults are good. The surface world can go fuck itself.
Nov 4, 2015 10:36 AM

May 2014
I hope it's as fun as the last iteration , I still find that fallout 3 winning over mgs4 kind of a something that I reject but oh well I think fallout 4 can beat mgsV , just because it is incomplete , also Fuckonami and I can't wait to see pipboy again
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Nov 4, 2015 11:29 AM

Mar 2014
bolby said:

right picture

CondemneDio said:
CaimTheJoyful said:

Bethesda doesn't have two of those
Graphics aren't overappreciated except for Crysis. That game sucks
Nov 4, 2015 2:03 PM

Sep 2014
TheDerpMan said:

I'm having a blast with The Phantom Pain. I've clocked in many hours into the game. And the menu says I only have 20% completion. D:

Yeah, there's certainly been some hilarious glitches in Bethesda games over the years, but I've also encountered my fair share of game breaking ones.

I played about 70 hours within the first 2 weeks of the Phantom Pain, lol. I want to go back to it eventually and try out MGS Online which released after I'd shelved the game for a while, and also finish off all the side ops I didn't do, maybe try for the platinum trophy.
I don't think that'll be till after I'm done with Fallout 4 now though.
Nov 4, 2015 8:31 PM

Oct 2014
The Fallout Pip-Boy app is now out for Android on Google Play. While it obviously doesn't connect to your game yet (because you don't have it yet, duh), you can fool around with it in demo mode. Even if you're not getting the Pip-Boy edition, you can still download the app for the second screen experience when the game comes out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bethsoft.falloutcompanionapp&hl=en

I dunno about Apple Iphones cause I don't use Apple stuff.
Nov 4, 2015 9:01 PM

Apr 2013
Nov 5, 2015 3:38 AM

Sep 2014
So, I randomly received this in the post from the company I pre-ordered Fallout 4 from (GAME Ltd.) yesterday:

Not that I'm complaining about free stuff of course, but there was no mention of a free bobble-head vault-boy included in my order. I'm probably just being paranoid, I pre-ordered my Pip-boy Fallout 4 edition back in July, but I'm hoping this bobble-head isn't some kind of "compensation" because it turns out they're out of stock of the Pip-boy version, lol. They haven't told me as such yet, at least. I expect to get a refund if that is the case though.
Nov 5, 2015 4:28 AM

Oct 2014
SnugglyWhuggly said:
So, I randomly received this in the post from the company I pre-ordered Fallout 4 from (GAME Ltd.) yesterday:

Not that I'm complaining about free stuff of course, but there was no mention of a free bobble-head vault-boy included in my order. I'm probably just being paranoid, I pre-ordered my Pip-boy Fallout 4 edition back in July, but I'm hoping this bobble-head isn't some kind of "compensation" because it turns out they're out of stock of the Pip-boy version, lol. They haven't told me as such yet, at least. I expect to get a refund if that is the case though.

Oh wow, I hope that's a good thing and not a bad sign that your order is indeed being cancelled. On my end, EB Games Australia is still "processing" my Pip-Boy edition, they haven't asked me to pay the rest of the money owed nor have they said anything about whether the Pip-Boy is already ready for shipping or collection.

The wait is still killing me.
Nov 5, 2015 5:51 AM

Feb 2008
LeosApathy said:

-
Will pirate probably. Won't buy until GOTY version drops to 10 bucks lol.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 5, 2015 5:58 AM

Jul 2014

I fixed your dialogue wheel, Todd!

(Why must you hurt me in this way?)
Nov 5, 2015 7:29 AM

Sep 2014
Khaosman-Prime said:
Oh wow, I hope that's a good thing and not a bad sign that your order is indeed being cancelled. On my end, EB Games Australia is still "processing" my Pip-Boy edition, they haven't asked me to pay the rest of the money owed nor have they said anything about whether the Pip-Boy is already ready for shipping or collection.

The wait is still killing me.

Same, I'll be gutted if it is. Mine is still "processing" as well, they told me they were going to withdraw the money back on the 2nd, but I haven't noticed any transactions on my Paypal account.

As long as I still get the game (and any refund if they did take all the cash for the Pip-boy edition), I won't be too disappointed, but I really wanted that Pip-boy, lol.
Nov 5, 2015 8:09 AM

Oct 2014
IT'S HERE!!! The launch trailer is here!!!

Nov 5, 2015 8:16 AM

Sep 2013
I'm gonna watch the crap outta that until the 10th
Nov 5, 2015 10:08 AM

Jan 2013
nb4 blunder of the year
nb4 the hype ends up being more entertaining than the game itself
Nov 5, 2015 10:32 AM
Sep 2013
cool the replicated man
Nov 5, 2015 10:43 AM

Sep 2014
CaimTheJoyful said:
nb4 blunder of the year

...Burn
Nov 5, 2015 12:20 PM
Sep 2013
do people actually think this game will get game of the year over witcher 3?

lol
Nov 5, 2015 12:28 PM

Sep 2014
amazingbrian said:

lol

MGS V > Witcher 3
Nov 5, 2015 2:11 PM
Sep 2013
SnugglyWhuggly said:
amazingbrian said:

lol

MGS V > Witcher 3

PLEASE

gwent alone is a better game than mgs v
bbrianNov 5, 2015 2:16 PM
Nov 5, 2015 2:46 PM

Feb 2010
CaimTheJoyful said:
nb4 blunder of the year

And yet it will sell a lot.

I actually hope it's legit good so I don't have to be mad about another Skyrim selling a lot and be considered great.
Nov 5, 2015 2:52 PM

Sep 2014
amazingbrian said:
SnugglyWhuggly said:

MGS V > Witcher 3

PLEASE

gwent alone is a better game than mgs v

lolno.

We'll agree to disagree. The Witcher 3 definitely topples MGS V in its plot and characters, but MGS V wins in gameplay.
Nov 5, 2015 3:12 PM

Jul 2007
Man does bethesda want to keep the info on how shitty the game is away.

Journos cant even TELL you about the review embargo. Because review Embargo has an embargo itself...
Nov 5, 2015 4:17 PM

Oct 2013
CondemneDio said:
TheDerpMan said:

Not TOO concerned about glitches on PC, since you can fix most of them via dev console.

It's a different matter entirely on consoles though.
Nov 5, 2015 4:52 PM

Jul 2014
CookingPriest said:

Journos cant even TELL you about the review embargo. Because review Embargo has an embargo itself...
Wow, that's shitty. I mean I'm still gonna buy and play it, but now I have my doubts about how much fun it'll actually be.
Nov 5, 2015 6:22 PM

Aug 2013
Well if people had fun with Skyrim no reason to doubt the companies ability to ship basically more of that for the people. I mean I thought skyrim was shit but I like fallout so meh im sure it will be more of what we like.
Nov 5, 2015 6:34 PM

Oct 2014
amazingbrian said:

I think it can. Not in the story or technical department but it should beat TW3 in other areas like the open-world exploration, which is the best part in any Bethesda game. I don't care who wins as long as it's not COD BLOPS 3.

ibear said:
CookingPriest said:

Wow, that's shitty. I mean I'm still gonna buy and play it, but now I have my doubts about how much fun it'll actually be.

I don't think it's shitty at all. Sending out reviews too early is not a good thing. If the game is bad, there'll be uproar and outrage. If the game is good, then the fanbase will become rabid as well cause the game is not coming out fast enough.
Nov 5, 2015 8:28 PM

Oct 2014
SnugglyWhuggly said:
Same, I'll be gutted if it is. Mine is still "processing" as well, they told me they were going to withdraw the money back on the 2nd, but I haven't noticed any transactions on my Paypal account.

As long as I still get the game (and any refund if they did take all the cash for the Pip-boy edition), I won't be too disappointed, but I really wanted that Pip-boy, lol.

Just went to my store today, they confirmed they have my order ready. I just need to pick it up on launch day and pay the rest of the money then. So, that's a relief.

However, they seduced me with a Fallout lore book as well so fuck me, I put down an order for that too. I'm gonna be broke, hope it's worth it.
Nov 5, 2015 10:58 PM

Jul 2007
Fallout 3 was already a 6/10 game(with New Vegas being 8/10) and this one has a dialogue wheel, smaller world, RPG-killing abomination that is a voiced protagonist(whyyyy) and EVEN MORE simplified stats and that says it all about its worth.
Nov 5, 2015 11:15 PM

Jan 2013
Rinth said:
CondemneDio said:

Not TOO concerned about glitches on PC, since you can fix most of them via dev console.

It's a different matter entirely on consoles though.

True dat.
CookingPriest said:
Fallout 3 was already a 6/10 game(with New Vegas being 8/10) and this one has a dialogue wheel, smaller world, RPG-killing abomination that is a voiced protagonist(whyyyy) and EVEN MORE simplified stats and that says it all about its worth.

I will not judge it yet, but these things worry me too.
Nov 5, 2015 11:23 PM

Aug 2013
CookingPriest said:
Fallout 3 was already a 6/10 game(with New Vegas being 8/10)

Aren't personal opinions great
Nov 5, 2015 11:56 PM

Feb 2008
CookingPriest said:
RPG-killing abomination that is a voiced protagonist(whyyyy) and EVEN MORE simplified stats and that says it all about its worth.

How is that RPG-killing when the game isn't an RPG? Voiced protagonist might be an improvement in this game. But I guess I'm not really a fan of pretending to be a game character so I don't get triggered by that.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 6, 2015 12:04 AM

Apr 2011
Guys, just a question. Is the Fallout franchise, like the Elder Scrolls franchise, standalone? I mean, can I play 2 before 1 and make sense of it like playing Skyrim before Oblivion and making sense of it?
Nov 6, 2015 12:13 AM

Aug 2013
ZetaZaku said:
CookingPriest said:
RPG-killing abomination that is a voiced protagonist(whyyyy) and EVEN MORE simplified stats and that says it all about its worth.

How is that RPG-killing when the game isn't an RPG? Voiced protagonist might be an improvement in this game. But I guess I'm not really a fan of pretending to be a game character so I don't get triggered by that.

Well in reality im not a mute who talks with text bubbles like an old FF game so im fine living through a voiced character. Fuck I played dead space 2, the guy has a voice a character his own back story and I still lived through the character going through the same shit.

I find it hard to believe that gamers can't live through a character now even though you still make all their choices and their appearance just because they what? don't have your voice or no voice at all. Is it soooo immersion breaking. Its silly.

If I choose the diolog to yell at someone for doing something dumb in game I don't want the characters reaction to just be:

Protagonist: .................

Yeah real immersive soo angry!
Nov 6, 2015 12:18 AM

Jan 2013
yhunata said:
Guys, just a question. Is the Fallout franchise, like the Elder Scrolls franchise, standalone? I mean, can I play 2 before 1 and make sense of it like playing Skyrim before Oblivion and making sense of it?

You don't have to play them in any particular order, since the games take place in different times and places.
I'd still play them in the release order, to see how it evolved.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - Apr 19

6 by KenaiPhoenix »»
8 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

52 by goodtasty »»
10 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3506 by goodtasty »»
10 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

8 by Astachanna »»
10 hours ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

12 by _untitled »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.