Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime of Weekly Shounen Jump Series 'Boku no Hero Academia' Revealed

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 27, 2015 4:04 AM

Aug 2013
Wow, so much blessings!

Jojo Part 4 and now Boku no Hero Academia!

I.G would definitely be a great choice.

Dylan21 said:
Please keep Toei and Pierrot away from this.
BiserOct 27, 2015 4:08 AM
Oct 27, 2015 4:08 AM

Feb 2013
Not surprising at all.

Oct 27, 2015 4:13 AM

Sep 2013
Well, how about Mad Box or 4°C..? full CG of course, anyone..? XD
Oct 27, 2015 4:15 AM

Jan 2014
It was expected, but in my opinion doesn't much content to explore in anime, probable will be 12 episodes or split cour. Not being animated by Pierrot or Toei will already great.
Oct 27, 2015 4:20 AM

Feb 2014
It's great that Hero Academia is getting an anime, but i think it's a bit to soon, this way maybe the series is gona be splited in seasons or getting a lot of fillers

Oct 27, 2015 5:01 AM
Sep 2014
2016 is going be a awesome year for anime. Great stuff.
Oct 27, 2015 5:09 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
TheNaturalPerm said:
Inb4 Studio Lerche x Seiji Kishi uninspired adaptation.

Maybe not Seiji Kishi but I wouldn't be surprised for Lerche tho.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 27, 2015 5:23 AM

Feb 2013
My bet would be on Studio Pierrot, they have a good connection with shounen jump (Bleach, Yu Yu Hakushho, Beelzebub) and they will want to have a new long running series after they will end Naruto
Oct 27, 2015 5:29 AM

Oct 2010
WAYYYYYYY TOOOOOOOO EARLY!
Oct 27, 2015 5:31 AM
Oct 2015
When do you think it will get aired ?
Oct 27, 2015 5:37 AM

Jul 2013
For the people saying this is too early, this probably won't be a long-running series and it won't be coming out any earlier than Spring 2016 so there will be enough chapters for a 2-cour by the time it comes out.

Just keep it away from the likes of Toei, Pierrot and LIDENFILMS first and only then can we talk about a decent adaptation.

Oct 27, 2015 6:37 AM
Jul 2018
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
Oct 27, 2015 6:41 AM

Oct 2013
I have a very TOEI feeling.
Oct 27, 2015 7:11 AM

Jun 2011
NicoZeta said:

90% this will be produced by Toei, Pierrot or A-1 Pictures.

A-1 Pictures are the only ones who don't mess it up when it comes to Jump adaptations. The other two are the "experts" on butchering material and pathetic pacing.

I don't know jackshit about this manga, but I heard it's good, hope it won't turn into another production disaster like Tokyo Ghoul.
Oct 27, 2015 7:48 AM

Sep 2015
IG please take it. Don't let Toei or Pierrot ruin this for us.
Oct 27, 2015 8:00 AM

Jan 2013
Tohou bought the rights for it so it won't be Toei don't know if it can be Pierrot.
Probably Sunrise
Oct 27, 2015 8:08 AM

May 2014
Sounds like shit =/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2015 8:35 AM

Apr 2014
ArdenFolgore said:
A-1 Pictures are the only ones who don't mess it up when it comes to Jump adaptations. The other two are the "experts" on butchering material and pathetic pacing.

A-1 has never done any Jump adaptation.
Oct 27, 2015 8:42 AM

Oct 2014
First Ace Attorney, then Jojo and now BOKU NO HERO ACADEMIAAA!!!ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
I wonder why I'm not surprised ww
I just think it would be better if the staff waited a little longer, since the manga is still young and has only 5 volumes published so far. There is a probability that the animation will catch up with the manga, and then the production will have to make a shitty ending
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Oct 27, 2015 8:44 AM

Sep 2013
Aye, can always count on jump for multiple season shows :)
Oct 27, 2015 8:59 AM

Jun 2011
Z4k said:
ArdenFolgore said:

Magi, Nanatsu no Taizai.. oh wait!

It'd be cool if Pierrot animates this, since I heard BnHA is sort of inspired by Naruto. I can see Toei's style working too.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 27, 2015 9:09 AM

Mar 2011
ToG25thBaam said:
Z4k said:

It'd be cool if Pierrot animates this, since I heard BnHA is sort of inspired by Naruto. I can see Toei's style working too.

Look at low budget One Piece shit, its a disaster level of animation or World Trigger.
Oct 27, 2015 9:16 AM

Sep 2011
So yeah, nobody finds this surprising.

I want to say this will go to Toei but considering Toei is running One Piece and Dragon Ball Super. I doubt it, unless they are going to cancel DBS. Only thing I hope is that they are going for an open contract. I mean, I hope they plan to start adapting the manga while including everything without having to stick to a seasonal episode count. That way the series wont be rushed and we wont get a half-assed 12-24 episode adaptation.

As far as the manga is concerned, it's in no way groundbreaking. It is one of the better new battle Shonen out right now. The best thing about it so far are the characers and art style in my opinion. Everything else is pretty generic, your standard battle Shonen story. I will say it has potential but right now nothing has wowed.

ToG25thBaam said:
Z4k said:

Those two aren't in Shonen Jump, they are on Shonen Weekly. I think that's what he meant.
Oct 27, 2015 9:23 AM

Mar 2015
mlcdl said:
WAYYYYYYY TOOOOOOOO EARLY!

agreed.

i dunno why people soo rushed this days. i prefer to wait at least 100 or more chapter so we guaranted to get at least 2 cour anime. but this is only has 64 chapter ATM. don't expect much TBH.

the manga it self is pretty good, nearly masterpiece IMHO. and no, it's not shinji clone. it's more typical your shounen weak MC get gift to be powerful and it's really executed good (and no, it's literaly given). the monologue also help many things to understand how MC works. the problem of this series is lack world building. the explanation about how it world works are pretty few.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 27, 2015 9:30 AM

Apr 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
Z4k said:

Neither of those two are from Shonen Jump lol.

Magi is serialized in Weekly Shonen Sunday (Shogakukan) while NNT is serialized in Weekly Shonen Magazine (Kodansha).
Oct 27, 2015 9:55 AM

Dec 2011
Ahhh finally! I'm so happy to know this is going to have an anime!
Bring it on!
Oct 27, 2015 10:28 AM

Feb 2010
Sure, why the heck not? *Shrugs*
Oct 27, 2015 10:32 AM
Oct 2015
Lucasloco91 said:
Sounds like shit =/

Yea . Drawing is so weird and looking childish comparing to other shounen gettin published right now . But story is very good and looking shounenish more than others . İ have a feeling about it will be like 2 course srping/autumn , summer/autumn or spring/summer which is most likely spring/summer imo .
ichii_1 said:

Naah it wont happen wait for Black Clover or Kamigami . Those 2 mangas are still young but they are better than Boku no Hero Academia . İt will take time for sure to get animated if they are planning to run those 2 long more than 25+ episodes , which is worth to wait because they are really good . My suggestion is that you should take a look at 2-3 chapters of those 3 manga series and compare them . İ was hyped more than when Owari no Seraph announced to get animated lol
orkuncanOct 27, 2015 10:35 AM
Oct 27, 2015 10:41 AM

Oct 2013
^ Kagamigami(is not called kamigami) is for a long time in the bottom of the Magazine TOC, is almost 100% certain that it will be cancelled in the next cancellation phase of the magazine.
Oct 27, 2015 10:44 AM

Oct 2013
Matoro_Mahri said:
Keep in mind Bones has never done a WSJ show, the closest thing they've ever done to this would be Soul Eater. While it would be cool for Academia to get the Soul Eater treatment, Pierrot or Toei is more likely, though I.G. actually has a chance from Haikyuu recently.

Soul Eater is a Monthly manga from Square Enix, just like Full Metal Alchemist. Both of them got an original ending. Fortunately Full Metal Alchemist was popular enough for after 4,5 years, but Soul Eater was forgotten for ever.
Oct 27, 2015 10:53 AM

Nov 2014
And the hype starts, now.
Oct 27, 2015 10:57 AM
Apr 2014
This series pretty mediocre and generic.

Anyway I hope the fans get a good adaption at least.
Oct 27, 2015 11:07 AM
Oct 2015
bigivelfhq said:
^ Kagamigami(is not called kamigami) is for a long time in the bottom of the Magazine TOC, is almost 100% certain that it will be cancelled in the next cancellation phase of the magazine.

Well i like it more than this one . İ always type it wrong ... You know that Naruto was same till its 10th volume right ? You cant be sure
Oct 27, 2015 11:09 AM

Jul 2015
toei,pierrot and deen collaboration would be perfect
Oct 27, 2015 11:10 AM

Jul 2013
YAS
Oct 27, 2015 11:12 AM

Apr 2014
orkuncan said:
Lucasloco91 said:
Sounds like shit =/

Yea . Drawing is so weird and looking childish comparing to other shounen gettin published right now . But story is very good and looking shounenish more than others . İ have a feeling about it will be like 2 course srping/autumn , summer/autumn or spring/summer which is most likely spring/summer imo .
ichii_1 said:

Naah it wont happen wait for Black Clover or Kamigami . Those 2 mangas are still young but they are better than Boku no Hero Academia . İt will take time for sure to get animated if they are planning to run those 2 long more than 25+ episodes , which is worth to wait because they are really good . My suggestion is that you should take a look at 2-3 chapters of those 3 manga series and compare them . İ was hyped more than when Owari no Seraph announced to get animated lol
Personally I find the art style to be great, it's expressive and distinct. Anime fans seem to have this vendetta against 'cartoony' looking anime/manga but honestly it's a breath of fresh air from the generic art style that's out there a lot.

Kagamigami isn't going to get an anime, it's ranking horribly and is going to get cancelled any week now. Black Clover is the most generic and safest shounen that could ever be made. The main character is also annoying as all hell. Everything about the series is unoriginal and has been done much better in other series. But I can see how it can appeal to certain groups, particularly those fans of stuff like Fairy Tail or Naruto or something.

Granted, Hero Academia isn't great either but for a shounen it's executed very well and the characters are charming. I'm glad it hasn't gotten canned and that it seems to be relatively popular. A shounen series can be nice to read every once in a while if it's done well, and Boku no Hero Academia definitely is.

But that's just my opinion~.
HonguOct 27, 2015 11:24 AM
Oct 27, 2015 11:23 AM

Jun 2011
Z4k said:
Neither of those two are from Shonen Jump lol.

Magi is serialized in Weekly Shonen Sunday (Shogakukan) while NNT is serialized in Weekly Shonen Magazine (Kodansha).
Yes I know, I was actually making fun of the guy you quoted. I may have gone about this the wrong way tho..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 27, 2015 11:30 AM

Sep 2013
orkuncan said:

ichii_1 said:

Of course the series has to be decently popular in the magazine, world trigger got 4 cour at once and then some XD
As others have said kamigami is about to be axed :(

Black clover is doing good, it's the next fairy tail ;)
It will definitely get a good number of episodes if it can maintain it's position for another year.
Hinomaru Zumou should also be getting an anime soon.
Oct 27, 2015 11:37 AM

Oct 2013
I found this series to be horrible. But I'm going to give it a second chance when the anime airs. Maybe my opinion will change.
Oct 27, 2015 11:56 AM

Jun 2014
badwolf45f said:
Not surprising at all.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Oct 27, 2015 12:00 PM

Aug 2015
I hope TOEI or Pierrot got this one... it would be good to get another long running like World trigger
Oct 27, 2015 12:32 PM
Oct 2010
Hongu said:
Personally I find the art style to be great, it's expressive and distinct. Anime fans seem to have this vendetta against 'cartoony' looking anime/manga but honestly it's a breath of fresh air from the generic art style that's out there a lot.

Yeah, once anime fans get hints of western influence they immediately start shunning. The artstyle fits the material perfectly, and while the manga isn't revolutionary or anything it maintains an intensity that most other action manga would love to have.
Oct 27, 2015 1:17 PM

Sep 2013
I've restrained myself from reading this waiting for the anime.

So excited. :)
Oct 27, 2015 1:27 PM

Oct 2013
orkuncan said:
bigivelfhq said:

Well i like it more than this one . İ always type it wrong ... You know that Naruto was same till its 10th volume right ? You cant be sure

Naruto never was in the bottom, Kagamigami is always!
Oct 27, 2015 2:16 PM

Jul 2013
Hongu said:

Kagamigami isn't going to get an anime, it's ranking horribly and is going to get cancelled any week now. Black Clover is the most generic and safest shounen that could ever be made. The main character is also annoying as all hell. Everything about the series is unoriginal and has been done much better in other series. But I can see how it can appeal to certain groups, particularly those fans of stuff like Fairy Tail or Naruto or something.
Oct 27, 2015 2:30 PM

Mar 2013
As expected. I've actually read first 20 chapters of the manga and I'm really interested so far. An adaptation is welcomed!
Oct 27, 2015 2:40 PM
Mar 2014
makasscythe said:
Ohh this is exciting, I love the manga. If it's done right it'll be phenomenal. Kinda hoping for madhouse to get it and give it a kind of hunter x hunter vibe.

Yep.
Not like nobody saw it coming though lmao.
Other options for me are Bones and maybe Production I.G., but yeah, mostly Madhouse or Bones.

On another note, I'm kind of disappointed that it's being announced already. Hoped it would be a long-runner, somehow.
omfgplzstopOct 27, 2015 2:44 PM
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Oct 27, 2015 2:41 PM
Mar 2014
NicoZeta said:
This will become the next Overhyped new Big 3 anime of the decade.
It`s Generic and completely forgettable.

90% this will be produced by Toei, Pierrot or A-1 Pictures.

No thank you, i`m sick and tired of poorly-written Shinji Ikari clones.

>midoriya
>shinji ikari clone
PLS
PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
LMFAO
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Oct 27, 2015 2:51 PM

Sep 2013
I've heard good things about the manga so I'm glad to see this is getting an anime adaptation. I hope it'll be good and follow the manga.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
3 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

9 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 11 hours ago

3 by JehadKun »»
8 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
9 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.