Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 18, 2009 11:14 PM

Apr 2008
GarLogan78 said:

Also, did Suou's father die too easily? Or is a cut in the leg really that deadly?

cutting that artery is about as deadly as cutting the neck...

anyhoo,
this episode had:
~too much Suou (she's so useless she really gets on my nerves, somebody get her out of the picture already. Trained by the black reaper my foot, sheesh, she can't even shoot one big target!)
~too little Hei (why is he the secondary character here, do the studio feel they did enough character development in the first season and he's kinda there but not interesting enough? Hellooo, isn't Hei the reason we wanted a season 2?)
~not nearly enough Yin (I think the OVAs are gonna be much better than s.2 btw, enough action and enough Yin to satisfy all)
Dec 19, 2009 12:31 AM

Jun 2009
Im wondering how are they gunna end dtb in 1 episode.O_O
So many questions unanswered and they're gunna fit it in a 20 min epi.
I think that's why there's OVA.s but i dont wanna wait=[
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Dec 19, 2009 12:35 AM

Oct 2009
Gosh, I just hate cliffhangers!
I know who's going to save Hei. Yin of course. Or maybe Hei will suprise us with his powers..?
I can't believe that it's just 2 episodes left. And I just want to know what happend between S1 and S2... Can't wait until the OVA realises.
Dec 19, 2009 1:00 AM

Nov 2009
GarLogan78 said:
So is Suou's remuneration just Origami in general, and not specifically swans? Because she made stars this time right?

Also, did Suou's father die too easily? Or is a cut in the leg really that deadly?

You ever see Black Hawk Down? The artery in the leg is no joke. If you damage it and can't get to a hospital in a few minutes your dead.
Dec 19, 2009 1:29 AM

Oct 2009
Ok one episode left...i don't see how their gonna fit everything in it.
And wow just as Hei was about to get slashed BAM Ending......

Wow Hei sure looks scared here!

Is Suou going to fight Yin? O_O

This was way too short! I WANT ANOTHER SEASON Dx
AozureDec 19, 2009 1:50 AM
Dec 19, 2009 1:45 AM

Nov 2007
Not a bad episode at all, seems the guy who can absorb materials is fine although the CIA are stepping in to do something, Hei's fight in the final episode should be very interesting though but wow Yin is just so different now O_O
Dec 19, 2009 1:49 AM
Dec 2007
Great action, developments and writing here. The second season really stepped up starting at the 9th episode and the finale will probably be fantastic too. The best BONES anime since the first season of DTB.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 19, 2009 1:56 AM

Jul 2008
about the twin thing, how did their mother know her then?
i wonder if the intervention of the CIA was a poke at the US?
and who exactly is the woman who called mao ricardo?
anyways suou meets shion who for some reason collapsed
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 19, 2009 1:59 AM

Apr 2009
Monad said:
Second question that came after this episode: Is Shizume gay? Because he was happy to see Suou's thighs but at the moment he didn't knew she was a girl but he was under the impression she was Shion.

Lol, this xD
Did I hear something about pregnancy? What pregnancy? Wth? Would be funny if Yin was pregnant with Hei's kid xD That would also explain the 'he thinks it's him who changed her' thing.
But that's just stretching it, don't mind me.

Also, MaoxOreille? WUUUT
'Momonga da!' FEAR THE RAEG OF THE SQUIRREL MOMONGA

Hang in there, Hei D:
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Dec 19, 2009 2:06 AM

Sep 2009
CEOBallin said:
SEACATS said:
JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE FUCKING SPOILER TAG YOUR IMAGES

This is an episode discussion thread. Maybe you shouldn't be reading this thread if you didn't see it.
With images in a page it takes time to load hence it might get a little irritating...

Jigoku-n3ko said:
Hellooo, isn't Hei the reason we wanted a season 2?)
Isnt Hei the reason most of us watch DTB ....;)

bakuramariks said:
toratiger said:
... i hope he gets it back soon

I think he doesn't need them anymore.
With or without the power he always wins in the fight, hes just awesome in that way...

Lotusflower640 said:
Do you think that there'll be someone who'll post the ovas subbed online? I really don't want to buy the dvds.
You will find everything online , but the subs will take a while to come out...

So did Shion already meet Yin when the meteorite struck? And it's confirmed that he is Izanagi right?
So what were you watching all along??? . Yes shion is Izanagi , and Yin and shion didnt meet yet or i guess it would have been ~APOCALYPSE~

Cenedess said:
Did I hear something about pregnancy? What pregnancy? Wth? Would be funny if Yin was pregnant with Hei's kid xD That would also explain the 'he thinks it's him who changed her' thing.
But that's just stretching it, don't mind me.
I was just going to say the same thing , maybe a kid born from a contractor and a doll could result in the hormonal change of killing contractors , or the child in YIn is evil and is possesing her.....
Actually i am hoping its Hei child , it would be so cute and a bit cheesy maybe because its DTB..
Dec 19, 2009 2:18 AM
Feb 2009
Those thighs
Dec 19, 2009 3:36 AM

Jan 2009
Mega-post inc, using spoilertags for convenience ^^;

Monad said:
Oh nice! A lesbian, a pervert and an obsessed late virgin. What a team!
Indeed it is 8D

On Shizume not being dead

ClannadForever said:
One left! Can i hope for a slice of life where Hei is a chef? XD
Do not want! D:

On possible death of major character

Hei's powers~

Suou's smart dumb

DeathReaper said:
Is Suou going to fight Yin? O_O
I sure hope Yin kills Suou in that case : D

Reason for wathcing DtB

On the OVA's

Izanagi and Izanami

Pregnancy O.o

Lastly, on spoilertags : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 19, 2009 3:45 AM

Apr 2009
nice episode
Dec 19, 2009 3:47 AM

Oct 2009
So the twins can control dolls minds or what?
Dec 19, 2009 4:15 AM

Dec 2009
I agree with you people. To much Suou in this episode, but some things that buged us all were resolved so plot can move onto finale stage.

I think that there will be 3th season eventualy. Even if there are some things that are resolved in this episode S3 is needed.

And wth with this pregnancy thing: Yin didn't looked pregnant at all. o_O I think it's just metaphor to something..I have no idea what, though it would be suprising and nice that Hei and Yin have a kid. <3333
Yuushin7Dec 19, 2009 4:49 AM
Dec 19, 2009 4:20 AM

Jun 2009
Okay, I'm really confused at the Suou creation part.
So, Suou was created at the meteor thingy by Shion, correct?
If so, then how did Shion's mother know about Suou?
Dec 19, 2009 4:24 AM

Jan 2009
huznme said:
So the twins can control dolls minds or what?

I think it's more that they told July how to escape, and since Bones apparantly wants to show the human side in everything (contractors - Suou, dolls - July), I'd say July took their advice because he wanted to save Suou.. Sounds perfectly understandable to me : p

Crystalshine said:
Okay, I'm really confused at the Suou creation part.
So, Suou was created at the meteor thingy by Shion, correct?
If so, then how did Shion's mother know about Suou?

...wait.. I knew I shouldn't have looked away at about that time >.>
Oh well, my guess is that Suou did indeed die 8 years back, but Shion might've created the copy of her after the meteor incident.. But I might be way off, I'm just speculating : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 19, 2009 5:13 AM

Apr 2009
Call this intuition if you like, but

Only problem with that is, that fans of the show will not be happy (I would imagine). And please, somehow, reverse Suou as a contracter!
Dec 19, 2009 5:16 AM

Jan 2009
SpudUK said:

Only problem with that is, that fans of the show will not be happy (I would imagine).

The fans (probably just me) would go on a raging killingspree and there would suddenly appear a Suou Hate-club O.o
Dec 19, 2009 5:36 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
When Suou made that last shot... BOOM! HEAD SHOT!

Dec 19, 2009 5:41 AM

Sep 2009
SpudUK said:

Only problem with that is, that fans of the show will not be happy (I would imagine). And please, somehow, reverse Suou as a contracter!
Oh no no , why would Hei die , BONES could kill me instead , no no dont kill Hei...-shock mode-
Dec 19, 2009 6:11 AM

Oct 2009
Beginning of a new journey, Suou said in the preview. Or something like that, so there really should be another season in the future. I didn't think like that up until now, but that sentence changed my mind.
Dec 19, 2009 6:20 AM
Aug 2008
BurningEyedShana said:

Oh lordy I lol'd like no tomorrow at that comment
Dec 19, 2009 6:52 AM

Jul 2009
cars1106 said:
BurningEyedShana said:

Oh lordy I lol'd like no tomorrow at that comment

Too bad it was a fail-shot though since he didn't die =P
Dec 19, 2009 6:53 AM
Mar 2008
Hei is going to die.
When Shana is sad, the world is sad.
Dec 19, 2009 7:08 AM

Jan 2009
Pinion said:
Hei is going to die.
What are you saying!? D: Stop that now, right this instant! : <
Dec 19, 2009 7:17 AM

Dec 2009
Oosran said:
SpudUK said:

Only problem with that is, that fans of the show will not be happy (I would imagine).

The fans (probably just me) would go on a raging killingspree and there would suddenly appear a Suou Hate-club O.o

You`re not alone ! I`ll be happy to join you <3
Yuushin7Dec 19, 2009 12:37 PM
Dec 19, 2009 7:37 AM

Aug 2009
The next episode will be on Christmas eve, or will it be the week after?
Dec 19, 2009 9:33 AM
Nov 2008
Nice episode, but kinda lame that suous father died because of an injured leg.

So shion copied himself and there were only his copy and his dad, as the meteor crashed? or did the real shion die? and the memories of suou are fake? so she never was at the aquarium with shion and she wasnt there as the meteor crashed? this part is a bit confusing.

and yeah how did the golem guy survive a headshot?

i think the end will be rushed if they won't extend the series.
Dec 19, 2009 9:44 AM
Nov 2009
why is it that suou doesn't have a remuneration?
Dec 19, 2009 10:12 AM

Oct 2009
omerta said:
why is it that suou doesn't have a remuneration?
Through the past 11 episodes it should have become obvious, she folds origami every time after using her rifle. It's something that remained from her mother, as we have seen last week.
Dec 19, 2009 10:19 AM

Sep 2009
Omerta: Her remuneration is to fold origami.

Oh, and odds are that Yin's pregnancy is Hei's. I mean, in the trailer of the OVA they're really close. Hopefully this ends happily and with Hei somehow passively reverting Yin to normal and they actually have the child after getting everyone off their backs. In that respect, S3 could be Yin and Hei raising their kid, who is some crazy Doll/Contractor hybrid. Could be interesting, given that I'm sure some people would still be hunting them.

As for Suou... she can... uhh... go somewhere. It seems more likely that she'll die, as she doesn't really seem to have a place to be or go. Her family is dead, Hei obviously is with Yin. Unless she ends up following Yin and Hei around because she's got nothing better else to do.

Regardless of how it ends, I'll be bummed if the two most important characters get killed off. :L That'd plunge this season from "Decent, has it's strong points and bad points" to "GAH WTF WORST IDEA EVER".

For those of you who are also questioning Shizume managing to live: HE'S A CONTRACTOR. Logic doesn't need to apply. His power may be to encase himself in a given material, and make that material 10x as strong as it would've been normally, allowing him to take the blow from the PTRD shell. They never described in detail what his power does, we only see the obvious aspects.
Dec 19, 2009 11:08 AM

Aug 2008
Was it just me or did anyone else thing that the suit what's her name was wearing was a portable version of the weapon that took away Hei's powers? It seeemed to do the same thing, and all people in here seem to care about is that it was funny looking.

Beyond that, this episode just didn't do enough to build to next week's finale. There really is no excuse for massive info dumps like this when we spent the first half of the show doing next to nothing. I've come to realize that this is just the way that BONES deems it necessary to tell the story. But it's wrong and it's lame. I'd feel a lot better about all the plot holes if they weren't just created last week. This is probably the reason why I don't remember what the first show was about: They didn't bother to tell the story until the last 5 or 6 episodes and it was triple stuffed to the point that it went in one ear and out the other without time to process. I really don't get how anyone can think this is an acceptable format, especially for a series where seasons air years apart.

/rant
Dec 19, 2009 11:11 AM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
Was it just me or did anyone else thing that the suit what's her name was wearing was a portable version of the weapon that took away Hei's powers? It seeemed to do the same thing, and all people in here seem to care about is that it was funny looking.

Well wasn't that the gun then?
The suit itself hasn't really displayed any practical use yet, from what I've seen.
Dec 19, 2009 11:18 AM

Aug 2008
The circles on the suits looked similar in design to the bigger version of the machine. The one that was the prototype before the one used on Hei. So I'd guess that it's portable in that it works off of the energy of the user or some crazieness like that.
Dec 19, 2009 11:20 AM

Jan 2009
Now that you mention it.. I do see what you're getting at.
Would be pretty funny if she's actually running around in a "remove-contractor-power"-suit, and not to mention that it looks funny too.
Dec 19, 2009 11:41 AM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
I thought the same.

Beyond that, this episode just didn't do enough to build to next week's finale. There really is no excuse for massive info dumps like this when we spent the first half of the show doing next to nothing. I've come to realize that this is just the way that BONES deems it necessary to tell the story. But it's wrong and it's lame. I'd feel a lot better about all the plot holes if they weren't just created last week. This is probably the reason why I don't remember what the first show was about: They didn't bother to tell the story until the last 5 or 6 episodes and it was triple stuffed to the point that it went in one ear and out the other without time to process. I really don't get how anyone can think this is an acceptable format, especially for a series where seasons air years apart.

/rant
I am in the same boat with you here.

The only thing I can really see in this episode is Suou is the real Izanagi. I wouldn't surprise if they are going to twist that in the last episode. It is pretty easy to guess.

First, they are not spending a whole season develop Suou character for nothing.
Second, if what Mikhail said in this episode was the true than Suou and the blue Yin(Izanami) were born at the same time during the time of meteor fell.
Third, while Suou was being born Shion wasn't using his ability at all. And she appeared to be in blue form as Yin too.
SivaDec 19, 2009 12:31 PM

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 19, 2009 11:48 AM

Aug 2008
Well... for the second-to-last episode, this was kind of... lame. I didn't really feel much for Suou's dad, so I didn't really care that he died. Also, it was lame how that perverted dude managed to survive that shot. I mean, you can argue that contractors have superhuman strength, but with the gory headshot and all, it was very anti-climatic to see him alive and well again shortly afterwards.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 19, 2009 12:11 PM

Aug 2008
Siva said:
I am in the same boat with you here.

The only thing I can really see in this episode is Suou is the real Izanagi. I wouldn't surprise if they are going to twist that in the last episode. It is pretty easy to guess.

First, they are not spending a whole season develop Suou character for nothing.
Second, if what Mikhail said in this episode was the true than Suou and the blue Yin(Izanami) were born at the same time during the time of meteor fell.
Third, while Suou was being born Shion was using his ability at all. And she appeared to be in blue form as Yin too.

I agree. There are way too many inconsistencies every time someone attempts to explains something concerning Shion and Suou, and I still can't say for sure what, how, or why Shion's power works the way it does.

I'll also toss out there that whatever happend 8 years ago to Suou was the same as the gate thing...about granting wishes. He wished for Suou and lost his eye or ability to walk.

I think this also calls into question which story is true. We have Suou's mom saying she died, and was immediately taken by the dad to have memories extracted and then Shion created a copy to place the memories in. Then we have Suou's dad kind of refute that, go on to say that memories were created by Shion and that she was copied during the meteor shower.

My thing is that it felt like he intimated that he had created the clone of himself and not Shion, so does he also posess some type of technology to make a clone? Or am I just overthinking the subs and Suou did that entirely.

Also, what the hell is Shion's remuneration exactly? He seems to have lost the use of his legs and eye during the shower. But if he were always a contractor and had displayed use of his abilities prior to then, what was it? The ability to recreate matter at will seems to be up there on power scale.

Way too many questions to be answered in one 23 minute episode.
Dec 19, 2009 12:34 PM

Nov 2009
noteDhero said:
Also, what the hell is Shion's remuneration exactly? He seems to have lost the use of his legs and eye during the shower. But if he were always a contractor and had displayed use of his abilities prior to then, what was it? The ability to recreate matter at will seems to be up there on power scale.

I think it is inablity to use his legs and that's why he's sitting in that wheelchair. But in the first episode we see him standing on his own two legs after he completed his remuneration.
bakuramariksDec 19, 2009 12:41 PM
Dec 19, 2009 12:49 PM

Aug 2008
Is it just sitting in the wheelchair? Because he asked for help up after he blew a hole in Tanya as though he couldn't do it on his own. Keeping perspective with what you just reminded me of, I'm going to guess that he momentarily looses the use of his legs, and depending on how complicated his copying is, determines that length of time. If he didn't create Suou, then I'll say that his dad was using his ability on a daily basis for experimentation. If he did, then his remuneration just took 8 years.
Dec 19, 2009 12:55 PM

Nov 2009
noteDhero said:
I'm going to guess that he momentarily looses the use of his legs, and depending on how complicated his copying is, determines that length of time.

I think that's it.
Dec 19, 2009 1:04 PM

Oct 2007
If we put both story together you can see something is understandable. What the mother said about accident eight years ago was real. Also at the end of that story, she interrupted the using of ME on Suou body which was the reason why Suou didn't have the memory of her childhood. Also Suou wasn't created by Shion either we didn't see him using his power at that time. During this episode Mikhail explained that even if Shion were to use his power at that time, the one that came out should be Shion' clone rather than Suou's clone. It is more like Suou was born after the meteor fell, which mean she is only 2 years old. Suou's memory of her paste is also fake. This same thing is also happened to Yin during that time, a new Yin was born. I think Shion didn't copy Suou using his power because if he did why did he have to wait six years to do so? It has been stated in this episode that during that Meteor fell Suou wasn't there to begin with.

Dec 19, 2009 1:23 PM

Aug 2008
Siva said:
If we put both story together you can see something is understandable. What the mother said about accident eight years ago was real. Also at the end of that story, she interrupted the using of ME on Suou body which was the reason why Suou didn't have the memory of her childhood. Also Suou wasn't created by Shion either we didn't see him using his power at that time. During this episode Mikhail explained that even if Shion were to use his power at that time, the one that came out should be Shion' clone rather than Suou's clone. It is more like Suou was born after the meteor fell, which mean she is only 2 years old. Suou's memory of her paste is also fake. This same thing is also happened to Yin during that time, a new Yin was born. I think Shion didn't copy Suou using his power because if he did why did he have to wait six years to do so? It has been stated in this episode that during that Meteor fell Suou wasn't there to begin with.

Well, since we haven't seen him use his power at all, it's hard to say that we didn't see him use his power (if that makes sense) we don't really know what to look for when that happens, besides the glowing red eyes. As for Suou's mom's story, I figured that the dad was just trying to extract the memories to put in the clone, which Shion would create later. But that was my interpretation.

I don't remember this explanation. How does that go? Mikhail is assuming that Shion can only make clones of himself, and not that he just made a full copy of Suou. Then again, it doesn't make sense that he would know how to make a copy based off of a dead person, so I guess that's it.

So Suou died, as Mikhail was extracting memories, the mom interrupts, causing Suou's lack of childhood memories. Suou is dead and we have a gap for the next however many years. The meteor falls, creating Suou from (perhaps) Shion's wish, and he somehow creates a childhood memory of the two at the aquarium. More years pass with us not knowing exactly why Suou is told that Shion doesn't have the use of his legs, and presumably that they knew of the Mitaka documents and Suou lives a normal life up until the mess in the first episode where she obtains Hei's sister's contractorness with the thing around her neck. Which I'm guessing was all a set up by Shion and the blonde lady.
Dec 19, 2009 1:56 PM

Oct 2007
Yeah that is pretty I understand from what we have seen. The thing is, we didn't get learn anything really about Shion character or his goal at all. That is why we are hard to presume anything 100%.

As for Shion's ability, you should think of it in a way that he can not copy something from nothing at all which is led to how he didn't/couldn't make a clone of Suou because his mom took Suou's body away at that time. It would also make sense that Suou wasn't created by Shion's ability.

As for the story goes, it still doesn't explain how does Shion seem to know all the information about Izanami and Izanagi thing. Though, they did tell us in the first episode though about he was doing the research during these last 2 years.

Dec 19, 2009 2:16 PM
Nov 2009
So ep. 12 will premiere on Christma's Eve. Such a great Christmas present from Bones!
I found Darker Than Black 2 more to my liking with the addition of Suou. I loved this ep. so much. I really don't think Hei will die next week and if Suou dies then it will truly be sad b/c she is such a compassionate and moral character in all this. My fav. character really along with Hei and July. As for Yin, I really don't care for her much. She isn't herself anymore as stated by Mao and I'm willing to bet she can't be reverted to her old self. She will eventually kill ALL contractors. She is evil and I hope Hei and company take care of her soon before all hell breaks lose.
Dec 19, 2009 3:15 PM

Aug 2009
Pedophile FTW

"I want to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life"
Dec 19, 2009 3:38 PM
Nov 2009
if i remember correctly, it was mentioned that Yin has become a contractor killer or some sort, and since Hei is no longer a contractor, Yin might not be able to kill him. So all thats left is, Suou's death =).
Dec 19, 2009 3:40 PM
Aug 2009
Its a Hei x Suou ending
or a July x Suou ending.

I only have my bets on that Mao is going to live through all this.
I'm sure the OVA will cover most of this season.
Dec 19, 2009 4:33 PM

Aug 2009
Shota-thighs, ankles, and collarbones. I often wish DtB would give me more plot and action scenes rather than telling me about the fetishes of side characters.
Ha-cha!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.