Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 14, 2015 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm not bad, I kinda like the OP song.

So there's another case and Sakurako got involved as well.
I wonder if the show will retain this sort of episodic structure.

One thing I wonder if Sakurako's intuitions have always been this high considering she noticed something was abnormal about that kid's arm. This show looks like it has a serious tone when it comes to the actual mystery though. Definitely like that part and it adds more suspense to it with the thrilling music. Unlike the previous episode, this one actually deals with a case that involves a recent death.

Quite an ED theme song too.
Oct 14, 2015 8:57 AM

Jul 2014
That was a pretty action packed episode.
Good OP song and an ED as well. That booty tho ͡(° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 14, 2015 10:32 AM

Jun 2015
Another solid episode. Definitely worth the watch.
Good pacing, decent case, and might get a backstory with regards to sakurako's reaction to Shounen confronting the drug addict.
Only gripe i have with this is that they should detail the cases a little more.. like in this case's conclusion, the motives aren't really known, also not shown if sakurako's deductions were truly right too.. but overall its still great. i guess they had constraints trying to fit one case into one episode.
Pardon me for being picky coz im a huge CSI/Bones-type show person :x

Oct 14, 2015 10:34 AM

Sep 2014
Yup , Children are so... :l But is it a life for young child without any parents...

I also think this will be different cases spanning from 1-2eps , and maybe one longer and more different for the end. But It's still interesting for me

That scene with Sakurako preparing to solve the case is cool but somehow strange at the same time:D

And Sakurako and her skills are amazing!

I had a thought that this police officer is just another clumsy man , but well , he saved the day..

Still enjoying these series , Music is nice :3
Oct 14, 2015 10:35 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was a really sad episode

I feel so bad for those kids man.....Having to grow up without a mother is something that no one should have to go through....But what makes it even sadder is that it seems like she was abused

What I want to know is if the drug addict guy was their dad which in that case I can understand why they got abused but even so, this was really tragic

After finding out that livechart lied about Sakurako and the MC dating I know who Shoutaro is so it's going to be interesting to see how Sakurako opens up about this thing

Great episode overall and great OP and ED
TokoyaOct 14, 2015 11:17 AM
Oct 14, 2015 10:35 AM

Jan 2012
Considering the children involved this week seemed especially tragic. I can't be sure, but that little girl's voice sounded a lot like Naru from Barakamon. So they're gonna recycle that "bone parade" scene eh? Makes sense I guess. It seems Sakurako-san lost someone in the past reminiscent of our male lead...
Oct 14, 2015 10:38 AM

Aug 2009
Very solid episode. It had a lot more action than I'd expected. The pacing was perfect as well.

Storywise this was a very interesting episode. It's too bad that Yuriko hardly had any screen time. I'm anxiously waiting for more scenes with her.
It's great that they're already hinting a background story for Sakurako. I'm already looking forward to that.

On another note, the art in the OP is absolutely glorious. The song is pretty cool too. I like the ED better though. It definitely fits this show.

4.5/5

I'll have to wait for Subete ga F's second episode, but for now, Sakurako is definitely the mystery show of the season.
Oct 14, 2015 10:38 AM
Jun 2015
Interesting episode. Nice OP and ED as well.

I find it pretty cool how instead of info dumping, we're getting little bits and pieces of Sakurako's past through these cases.
okqoiwfklweOct 14, 2015 3:33 PM
Oct 14, 2015 10:40 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very solid OP and ED.

Fantastic stuff, i got goosebumps when Sakurako yelled ''Soutarou''. There is a quite backstory involved with those two, now we need to know if we are talking about the same ''Shoutarou'' in her memories.
Oct 14, 2015 10:45 AM

Jun 2014
nice episode.
btw that was the worst cop ever.
Oct 14, 2015 10:46 AM

Aug 2013
Satisfying episode, great visuals, I just hope that this anime won't be full episodic, and it will have main plot.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 14, 2015 10:47 AM

Mar 2014
It's great how Sakurako gets her own Mahou-shoujo-esque transformation scene when going into detective mode.
Oct 14, 2015 10:55 AM

Aug 2010
Really loved the ED

Good ep. Sakurako's awesome.

Good to see Soutaro's not completely helpless and is actually a black belt.
Oct 14, 2015 10:56 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly last weeks episode was better but i can't complain about this episode.
It was done pretty nicely and it was pretty tense towards the ending.
And i have to see that i am looking forward to the next episode, so far this is one of my favourite anime this season.
Oct 14, 2015 11:02 AM

Jan 2012
I just hope they don't make that magical-shoujo-like-thing where we see bones every time she solves a mystery...
Oct 14, 2015 11:03 AM
Jul 2018
I felt bad for those two children who lost their mother. It was one sad episode.
Oct 14, 2015 11:08 AM

Jan 2015
When the truth revealed... My first tear for this Sesaon.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 14, 2015 11:12 AM

Jan 2015
Oh my. Excellent episode.
Oct 14, 2015 11:13 AM

Apr 2015
Love the OP and the ED, too.

Very good episode, I like a lot this show.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Oct 14, 2015 11:16 AM

Oct 2014
This seems to be an overarching plot Stark700 ..similar to Death Parade I think.
While Sakurako is herself a mystery .. each mystery episode case reveals a part of her mystery and in the end we get to see the whole history of Sakurako ?
We don't even know how Shoutarou and Sakurako are related so they might elaborate on that.
The case itself was interesting .. the only downside was the re-using of animation during unfolding the mystery scene, but overall nice.
I somehow peeve anime who try to show unnecessary things (read : the naked body of Sakurako in the ED) to the mystery genre itself .. although it sets a peculiar mood but I somehow feel they are just doing this please the fans,, overall I liked the show but 4/5 from me :>
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oct 14, 2015 11:20 AM

Jan 2014
Really good episode, Kind of made up for the first episode.
I'm excited to see what's next.
Oct 14, 2015 11:21 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I'm not really a fan of episodic mysteries by principle so I really hope it'll tie these stories together over time somehow

That aside, this episode by itself was really good, though I kind of feel like Sakurako is too smart for there to be much suspense in here if she's going to keep figuring everything out right away. Another reason why I prefer mysteries to go on over a longer period of time
Oct 14, 2015 11:38 AM

Jul 2010
Their mother was a decent person when it really came down to it. The girl was adorable with her brightness while showing some reluctance at times.

Those are some impressive skills that the two showed in a situation like that.

Won't mind this being episodic for the most part, revealing small bits comes of more naturally.

Weird how this made me think of Plastic Memories, especially with this being about mystery and all, which just makes me even have a higher opinion of this show.
Oct 14, 2015 11:40 AM

Feb 2015
Good episode, made the police look totally useless. I'm glad I picked this one up as it's different from anything else this season.

One minor gripe, we could really do without the cheesy power up music/ CG skeletons when Sakurako puts on her rubber gloves.
Oct 14, 2015 11:41 AM

Jul 2014
Please don't tell me we'll see those stupid CG skeletons whenever Sakurako starts solving a mystery; once was fine, but seeing it more than that is already annoying. Other than that, a pretty solid episode, even if I thought the bit where she got the kid to show her the arm by talking about bones was pretty stupid. The OP's pretty good as well, but I'm still undecided on the ED.

Still hoping for slight improvement in this series going forward.
Oct 14, 2015 11:48 AM

Feb 2015
It was a good episode. Liked the OP. It was awesome to see Sakurako san going into detective mode. Just thinking about those two kids makes me feel sad.
Oct 14, 2015 11:49 AM

Jul 2011
the case was very simple(the fact that they found out her injured arm meant literally nothing, only what happened from the moment they talked with the classmate really meant something, the whole part at sakurako house was useless if not for sakurako's involvement itself)

but i still liked it, still i don't like how the characters have this pre-set animation saying always the same thing before getting to conclusions, i hated it every time it happened in every anime like this.
Oct 14, 2015 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
I have one word to say about this episode: AWESOME.
Oct 14, 2015 11:53 AM

Jan 2008
Man, was that ever sad and heart wrenching. I doubt it's going to be the last of the tragedies they're going to face. I wonder what's going to happen to the two kids now; whether someone is going to take them in, or simply be put into foster care.

I expected Shoutarou to react a little faster, especially since he saw the man had a bloody knife from the doorway. I hoped he would have grabbed that frying pan behind him on the counter and defend Sakurako who can't move...or while twisting the man's arm, with the knife still in his hand, direct it to stab himself in the side or back--perfectly legitimate self-defense, which I'm sure no one would complain about; not after he assaulted and murdered the mother whom he likely abused (along with his children with the little girl's arm), stabbed a police officer, assaulted a minor with deadly intent, and being a drug-addict scum on top of that. I only hoped he didn't get arrested unscathed, where he'll likely not go to jail but a mental institution for his drug-addiction. Shoutarou is a black-belt for crying out loud; at least break his arms for what he did so he doesn't hurt anyone else!

Now this episodes brings up a few questions: Will the little girl's arm be fixed? Who is Soutarou? I'm assuming her younger brother. And who or what was Sakurako looking out for in the crowd? And finally, doesn't this town have at least one decent police detective or do they just have a couple of slow cops?
Estoy_GordoOct 14, 2015 12:06 PM
Oct 14, 2015 11:56 AM

Oct 2013
I bet that we'll get a big case for the final episodes.
Also, this chapter gave some clues about Sakurako's past, apparently, This "Soutarou" kid was her little brother or something like that. And that's why she hooks up with the MC.

Hope her and MC's stories are explained, it would be good knowing how they ended up messing around the entire town together.
Oct 14, 2015 11:56 AM

Apr 2015
Gonna give this one last ep and see before dropping. Way too many ass pulls with an unrealistic mc
Oct 14, 2015 12:00 PM
Jun 2014
Didn't like the first episode of Sakurako, but wow this episode was so much better. So sad that the two children's mother had to die from a drug addict.

The mystery reveal reminds me so much of a game called "Trauma Team". And since I enjoyed that Wii game, I'm going to continue watching this anime.

A Clip of Trauma Team and its mystery reveal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLis4ghdaWQ
From 7:25 to 12:45
Manaless2Oct 14, 2015 12:06 PM
Oct 14, 2015 12:01 PM

Apr 2015
Satisfying episode. And actual character development for the MC.

*Claps*
Oct 14, 2015 12:01 PM

Apr 2014
4kicks said:
And who or what was Sakurako looking out for in the crowd?

I thought that too, I even rewound some to see if they showed anything at all.
---------My Profile------------
Oct 14, 2015 12:05 PM
Sep 2014
Whoo, it's REALLY good.
The case was pretty simple, but realistic, so I'd say it's a nice starting point.
Seems like they recicled the "bone parade" scene, I just hope they won't use it very much.
Also it looks like we're getting an interesting backstory for the main characters, taking a look at the opening sequence.

Basically, good episode after all. I love the pacing and the direction: everything it's really fluid, there's no time for being bored, but it doesn't feel even a bit rushed, and that's great.

OP and ED are both awesome, by the way.
Oct 14, 2015 12:09 PM

Sep 2014
Orionite_ said:
I also think this will be different cases spanning from 1-2eps , and maybe one longer and more different for the end.

This is the vibe ep1 gave me and ep2 definitely underlines this. It's good in a way that it might be the kind of mystery you can fully enjoy by watching an episode each week.
Oct 14, 2015 12:15 PM

Feb 2015
OMG! The accident kinda make me want to cry.
Oct 14, 2015 12:17 PM

Jan 2015
Wings said:
4kicks said:
And who or what was Sakurako looking out for in the crowd?

Oh c'mon guys use your brains
Oct 14, 2015 12:24 PM

Mar 2015
Not a bad episode. Thought the mum was just kicking her out at first. This show needs more mystery imo, it was too easy to piece together once I saw the guy with the knife. Hopefully there will be some cases that take a couple of episodes to solve and make us pick our brains a bit.
Oct 14, 2015 12:35 PM

Aug 2014
Great police work once again. Well, at least he saved them at the end.

Glad the baby got to live.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 14, 2015 12:44 PM

Nov 2012
Nice episode...
It was sad that she lost her mother, but at least the baby survived...
Oct 14, 2015 12:44 PM

Jul 2015
Awesome ep. Love the OP and ED. Specially that ED. Has a really cool feel to it. Sad to see those kids lost their mom. Props to their mom for taking action as quickly as she did.
Oct 14, 2015 1:12 PM

Sep 2010
Xenocrisi said:
Wings said:

Oh c'mon guys use your brains

There was definitely someone watching them but when Sakurako turned to look, the person already left. You can tell from the gap between the crowd. It could be the guy with the hat shown in the opening sequence. He seems like a suspicious person.

Utsumi (the police officer) may also appear again as he is in the opening sequence.
DaisukiOct 14, 2015 1:36 PM

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Oct 14, 2015 1:40 PM

Jul 2015
DeeIsMe said:
Interesting episode. Nice OP and ED as well.

I find it pretty cool how we're getting little bits and pieces of Sakurako's past through these cases. Glad we're not getting info dumped instead.
Oct 14, 2015 1:40 PM

Jan 2008
Oct 14, 2015 1:41 PM

Feb 2014
Ok OP song I guess, not my style but it's not bad.
There's probably going to be an overarching mystery. That crazy guy with the knife said he had to catch butterflies for "him". Might be related to the person that was in the crowd and left.
Oct 14, 2015 1:43 PM
Nov 2013
OST is amazing, dat ED song!

That was stunning. The case was very heart breaking, but I'm glad the little girl and the baby survived. Sakurako is quite something, she's a brilliant investigator AND a mahou shoujo.

Don't mind this being episodic or consisting of short arcs at all, I love series that are like that.
Oct 14, 2015 1:49 PM

May 2014
I think this show is taking an episodic approach for now but will definitely develop into more a main plot, that's a common structure nowadays. I definitely had some feels for the kids this episode, and we got a good taste of the MC feels to come. Can't wait for next week. This definitely will be my AOTS.
Oct 14, 2015 2:06 PM

Mar 2015
Well, OP song was kinda bland. Otherwise quite a decent episode, excluding some plot conveniences and that ridiculous activation of detective mode. The story was really touching, would have liked it stretched over some more episodes - now it felt like it just began and finished in a blink of an eye missing opportunities to become more powerful. Anyway, despite less effects compared to the first episode, this one had a way better story and was enjoyable. Now waiting for the next week.
Hey!

Check Mononoke out!
Oct 14, 2015 2:11 PM

Jan 2015
The visual depiction of opioid intoxication is correct, with pinpoint pupils and profuse sweating. However, the description in the subs incorrectly says "dilated pupils". Is this a mistake in the translation or a mistake in the original Japanese dialogue?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

211 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.