Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 31, 2015 4:25 PM

Jan 2013
Imeon said:
TitanAnteus said:

But the fact that you argued this much swayed me. You like this show for what it is. Not going to doubt that anymore.

Dude, I'm actually siding with you. I find Aria AA horrible because not only they took advantage of the original, they removed Kinji and turned it into pure fanservice. The romance and chemistry between Kinji and Aria is gone.. T_T

The only reason I'm attached is because of Kinji's cameo. I hope they change some part of the manga and insert more Kinji x Aria "goodness".

I could have sworn I was quoting Mamisexual not you. My bad.

ALso, I wouldn't call AA terrible just yet. It's not done yet. The action itself hasn't been bad and it's made me chuckle a couple of times. I mean, it's not as bad as Isuca that's for sure. I'm just mad that Dogakobo's not doing a season 2 of LOVE LAB! It's been their best show and it's just... never going to get a season 2 is it T_T.

What the show needs is more than one dimension to these characters, and actual plot that's interesting. So far I don't care about anyone or their troubles. It's not really all that funny. Aria does nothing and is an extremely boring character with like 2 expressions max. I'd enjoy it if it's fanservice was to my taste probably but that's just subjective and it doesn't even have that going for it (for me anyways.)
Oct 31, 2015 6:21 PM

Mar 2014
Kitsune94 said:
Mami-Sexual said:
Ok. You probably don't realize this, but this is another fan service all-girls anime. I've tried reading the manga too, and yep. It survives through being yuri or shoujou ai

Disagree completely since my interest in the manga comes from Akari being an underdog that displays having potential through the situations she is placed in regarding the manga. Now I won't disagree that the anime waters down Akari and AA as being a more moe cute girl doing cute things type of anime as oppose to its manga counter part that takes the story abit more seriously.

Honestly I can't really defend the anime as much as I can the manga and I honestly was a fan of the manga months before an anime adaption was even announced.

If your a person who wants a cute moe girlxgirl type anime thats not ment to be taken seriously and is just a fun type of show ( I personally enjoy a hell of a lot regardless) This is an anime for you.

Now if you want somthing a little more serious granted not dramaticly more serious but if you want a version of Akari who is taken more seriously as a person and as a butei then I suggest reading the manga which better than the anime version anyway.

Also want to add that theres an event in the manga where one of Akari's fellow butei gets into trouble and shes the one that suggest taking action to help them and is ultimately able to do so.

It's not just that it's a shoujo ai anime, but that it's terrible shoujo ai. Strawberry Panic is honestly more bearable to watch.

That's part of the problem, in AA they simply get in trouble. In the original novels they got seriously injured or died. Aria fell off a bus,
AA's version of the Butei world is nothing but childish. Even in the first episode of the original anime they mentioned that not every student will live to see the end of graduation and showed that Butei were armed detectives cast into a world of lead and suffering. Not Happy-go-lucky fun school time with guns and powers.

Have you ever tried reading the manga??
Heyy want to learn about Buddhism??

If so please come check out my youtube channel were I talk about Buddhism and how to use to live a happy life

How chanting Nom Myoho Renge Kyo Changed My Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03KNUf3ZA28

How Buddhism helped me overcome COVID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVJru9p8Qoo
Oct 31, 2015 7:25 PM
Apr 2015
Not a fan of the new spin off because it lost it's harem category status
Oct 31, 2015 8:41 PM
Dec 2009
Actually the harem category status still remains IMO, Aria AA just turns to yuri harem instead. :D
Nov 1, 2015 2:15 AM
Oct 2015
Mami-Sexual said:
Kitsune94 said:

It's not just that it's a shoujo ai anime, but that it's terrible shoujo ai. Strawberry Panic is honestly more bearable to watch.

That's part of the problem, in AA they simply get in trouble. In the original novels they got seriously injured or died. Aria fell off a bus,
AA's version of the Butei world is nothing but childish. Even in the first episode of the original anime they mentioned that not every student will live to see the end of graduation and showed that Butei were armed detectives cast into a world of lead and suffering. Not Happy-go-lucky fun school time with guns and powers.

Have you ever tried reading the manga??

I have. I've read every light novel and when AA was published by Square Enix, I read the first couple of volumes that were released at the time before I turned it down as yet another Squenix disappointment.
Nov 3, 2015 12:55 PM

Apr 2015
CobraStarship said:
Actually the harem category status still remains IMO, Aria AA just turns to yuri harem instead. :D

Worst kind of harem IMHO. oH after Yaoi harem that is. I rather watch IS.
#CHEXIT
Nov 7, 2015 9:17 AM

May 2014
They want a season 2 not this
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Nov 11, 2015 7:01 AM

Nov 2009
Why do people say that Hidan no Aria anime adapted only 1/2 of the first volume of Hidan no Aria LN?
I've read the novels, checked it up on Wikipedia, and the anime adapts 3 first volumes of LN (out of 20 listed by Wikipedia).
Did the english edition actually pack 6 LN volumes into one physical book?

Also, Hysteria mode was really funny. Powered by fanservice, a dangerous forbidden technique that, as a bad side effect, makes the user bishounen.

Mami-Sexual said:
Though AA takes a completely diffrent spin on things were girls are actually useful by themsleves without a need for a guy to be around.

I see it the other way around. In AA, girls are useless most of the time, Akari being extra-useless. In the original, all the characters were hyper-competent people, the kind that are fun to read about.

idungoof said:
Maybe AA just isn't very good at doing what it's trying to do and being what it's trying to be. Just maybe.

While it would've been better with some more action, overall I'd say it's quite good at what it tries to be. And since I like Cute Girls Doing Cute Things and Yuri as much as Action and Ecchi, I'm okay with it.
Nov 11, 2015 10:39 PM
Oct 2015
flannan said:
Why do people say that Hidan no Aria anime adapted only 1/2 of the first volume of Hidan no Aria LN?
I've read the novels, checked it up on Wikipedia, and the anime adapts 3 first volumes of LN (out of 20 listed by Wikipedia).
Did the english edition actually pack 6 LN volumes into one physical book?

Also, Hysteria mode was really funny. Powered by fanservice, a dangerous forbidden technique that, as a bad side effect, makes the user bishounen.

Mami-Sexual said:
Though AA takes a completely diffrent spin on things were girls are actually useful by themsleves without a need for a guy to be around.

I see it the other way around. In AA, girls are useless most of the time, Akari being extra-useless. In the original, all the characters were hyper-competent people, the kind that are fun to read about.

idungoof said:
Maybe AA just isn't very good at doing what it's trying to do and being what it's trying to be. Just maybe.

While it would've been better with some more action, overall I'd say it's quite good at what it tries to be. And since I like Cute Girls Doing Cute Things and Yuri as much as Action and Ecchi, I'm okay with it.

Wikipedia isn't a very good source when it comes to anime related topics. I've read the LN when it first came out years ago. At the time there was only 6 volumes published when the first adaptation aired. Often I have gone back to re-read it when new volumes were released. My first few times reading it were on Baka Tsuki back then, before 1-5 were removed from the site. The original pdf's from baka tsuki are still available on places like Nyaa.se and Bakabt.me
Nov 12, 2015 1:20 AM

Nov 2009
Kitsune94 said:
Wikipedia isn't a very good source when it comes to anime related topics. I've read the LN when it first came out years ago. At the time there was only 6 volumes published when the first adaptation aired. Often I have gone back to re-read it when new volumes were released. My first few times reading it were on Baka Tsuki back then, before 1-5 were removed from the site. The original pdf's from baka tsuki are still available on places like Nyaa.se and Bakabt.me

I read them on Baka-tsuki too. But with vol. 1-5 removed, I couldn't reference it to check the contents.
Nov 12, 2015 1:21 AM

May 2014
Klutzy_Dreamer said:
Just make season 2 for us Hidan no Aria season 1 fans srsly T_T

Yeah
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
Nov 12, 2015 1:30 AM

Sep 2015
Because it's trash
Nov 14, 2015 11:08 PM

Apr 2009
I drop this Hidan AA for an idol anime instead psst :P
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Nov 24, 2015 3:17 AM

Mar 2009
Imeon said:
Aria was special because Aria x Kinji interactions.

They pretty much changed the chocolate icings of my favorite cake. And they thought I'll buy the cake if they decided to change the icings to strawberry just because I'm a regular customer in their bakery?!

I agree with this. I don't hate the AA series.

But, I don't like it either (as of yet). That's because, there's too much GirlxGirl romantic feelings, suggested. I'm OK with it here and there, but, it seems to be permeating more and more of AA as it goes on. On top of that, I did like (loved) Kinji's character...

Him, Riko, Reki and Aria.... The way those 4 interacted, was what made me love the first series. While I knew that this didn't likely have him in it, I am happy to see him from time to time... But, without his constant interactions with Aria and the others, its rather dull for me.

That being said, I'm sticking with AA because I'm curious about Aria's Amica(sp?), even though I don't like her much....... She's just (meh...>_>) not likable for me. At all.
As of now, anyway.... That might change.

None of the newly introduced characters are likable(except for Raika(sp?)'s character) for me........ It is getting harder to stick with it, though.
As for all oif the complaints, we are allowed to complain. If you don't like it, just skip those posts, as soon as you see it starting to bash.

Someone mentioned looking at the genres, I had, but, when I initially looked, there was no "Shoujo-ai" listed. And, anyway, what I've been seeing is less "-ai" and more "-ai-creepy obeseeion)......
I wouldn't mind it so much if most of the characters didn't seem to either be stalkers (creepy ones, at that) or stalk-ees- who, should, (in my opinion) be able to notice that they are being stalked(or having their belongings stollen from their homes and switched with copies- which, I find that whole thing stupid, rather than amusing- IS it suppose to be amusing?).....
I mean, Seriously, they are suppose to be butei (yes, in training, but, still....) They should notice all of the crap that's going on around them... and, either accept the stalker's feelings, or, tell them their creepy, to cut it out.....
More or less, that's my issue with it. When I looked the first time, it said nothing about the shoujo ai...
Yeah, I miss Kinji. I would have preferred that they finish off his story, I'm hoping that they still will, actually. But, we are all entitled to our opinions.
Nov 24, 2015 3:19 AM

Mar 2009
CrotakuShinobi said:
Klutzy_Dreamer said:
Just make season 2 for us Hidan no Aria season 1 fans srsly T_T

Yeah

*Cheers* Here! Here! I'm all for that.
Dec 2, 2015 6:00 AM

Feb 2009
I’m not sure where my feelings fall on AA so far, and I have no hatred of generic setups or side stories, but I feel like I’m just watching Soul Eater NOT! all over again. Except not as good.
Dec 6, 2015 1:55 AM

May 2014
Yuri
Dec 7, 2015 5:14 AM
Dec 2015
I watched Hidan no Aria after finishing Black Bullet (i loved it) since Black Bullet probably won't have a 2nd season i found Hidan no Aria and it was kinda like Black Bullet, sadly also here theres no chance for a 2nd season ;c
Dec 16, 2015 4:47 AM

May 2014
Lukas_Maroner said:
I watched Hidan no Aria after finishing Black Bullet (i loved it) since Black Bullet probably won't have a 2nd season i found Hidan no Aria and it was kinda like Black Bullet, sadly also here theres no chance for a 2nd season ;c
Dec 19, 2015 10:57 PM
Jul 2015
I understand your point, and it's illogical to not accept Hidan no Aria and AA. I enjoyed both series.
It puzzles me to why people can accept Railgun and Index but not Aria and AA.
Dec 23, 2015 1:15 PM
Apr 2009
Because AA is a mess
There is not a chronological order like Railgun to Index and Akari has almost no screentime in the Mainplot like Misaki in Index
Dec 24, 2015 1:01 PM

Jun 2015
Liked it, wasn't too good, not bad either. But probably because people got excited when they heard of a new "season" or sequel after 3 or 4 years but then get slapped with a spin off.
Jan 16, 2016 2:50 AM

Jun 2011
I may have been late, and I have not finish the series yet, but due to Mami's constant advertises in the episode discussion threads, I have decided to check this out. I feel that there is a strong bias among the AA's fans that think that people who dislike the spin-off (bolded because apparently it's important) must have been the Aria fags (excuse my language). I am one of those who came in fully knowing + fully prepared to not see Kinji at all, yet I am still disappointed by the series so far, for one simple reason, Akari is simply not appealing at all.

Three episodes in so far, and I have seen the AA's fans bash other people when they even mention that their favorite scenes within the episode were those with Kinji. Nobody (or not many) even made the comparison between AA and Aria after the first or second episode. Kinji is just much more interesting and entertaining to watch. Simple as that. Even the girls from Aria are better than the girls from AA.

tsert7459 said:
It puzzles me to why people can accept Railgun and Index but not Aria and AA.
Because both Railgun and Index are actually good, though Railgun is significantly better, and Misaka Mikoto is actually the main lead of the spin-off, instead of some random fangirls. Oh, if only Aria was the protagonist of AA, if only. (don't want to sound like I am complaining, but can't help it since you want to make the comparison)

Okay, back to watching the rest of the series.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 17, 2016 10:24 PM
May 2008
I came to watch Aria. Didn't see enough Aria, nor this spinoff is centered around her. Why the heck is this anime called Aria the Scarlet Ammo: Double AA. It should be called Akari the Scarlet Ammo or something so we know what we are getting.

That alone drops many points in my book. The plot only to start to kick off towards the end of episode 9. I was bored to tears and not a fan of girlxgirl stuff the anime has been focusing on the first 8 and a half episodes.

In the end, I'm just disappointed. And that's mainly because of the name of the anime, I had expectations and they weren't met. I liked the Aria/Kinji relationship and we barely got to see any of that in this spinoff. Barebones. In fact adding all Kinji's cameos it adds up to roughly 2 minutes throughout the entire anime. Anyway, I'm surprised I've seen a lot of Riko appearances, and that's what kept me going.

People who haven't watched this spinoff yet, don't be fooled. The story centres around this new character Akari and friends, not Aria. The reason why we even get to see Aria in this spinoff is because the main character Akari idols her.
SamanthaJan 17, 2016 10:28 PM
Jan 24, 2016 1:43 PM

Feb 2014
This show was enjoyable.

Those who hate this anime is because:

(1) Had their expectations broken by wait for something directly related to the first Hidan no Aria - like a sequel or side-story for example; or/and
(2) Dislikes (fanservice) yuri.
TechOtakuJan 24, 2016 5:21 PM
Feb 18, 2016 2:17 AM
May 2009
The series is what I call Hidan no Aria's Version of Soul Eater Not.

Its not Hidan no Aria, but it was still enjoyable to a degree, since it had aspects of Hidan no Aria in it. Like Kanzaki, Kinji, Reki, and even Shirayuki and Riko.

Except for Aria and Riko the rest mainly play more of a side role which is fine.

The Show had some interesting aspects, mainly how Butei's School System works.
Like the Amica system, and that there is a Middle School aswell. And that there are battles to increase your rank.
Mar 8, 2017 4:43 PM
Mar 2017
Well for me it's not about needing season 2 I just don't like the romance between same gender. If it if really funny that it is a different story. Which AA was not funny at least to me.
Aug 4, 2017 2:28 AM

Jun 2011
After watching the entire series I can safely say it has to do with the way these characters were developed, it was absolute shit, I never thought I'd say this, but I hated all of them because the interactions were "plain" and "cliche". The main cast were useless characters, especially Akari, who was too much of a "Notice me senpai" character to actually have been of use till the very last few episodes where she finally did something. I mean frankly, a large portion of the new cast were really weak characters, where at the very least, the main anime actually had a cast that could be OP as fuck and were enjoyable to watch.
Mar 22, 2018 8:04 AM

Jan 2013
girls here in AA are so weak. also the poison girl we're stronger than aria+kinji+riko+the werewolf sensei of the original hidan no aria. They have many allies wtf they can't stop one fukken girl... -_-; this season makes aria+kinji image that i know so weak...
Pyon2WarpKunMar 22, 2018 8:08 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Raika is the least likable character in the entire show and probably anime

Neolightveo - Dec 11, 2023

1 by sorames »»
Dec 12, 2023 5:33 AM

» Shoujo Ai?

Mele - Nov 24, 2015

29 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jan 29, 2023 6:54 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria AA Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2015

40 by wildhood »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:51 PM

» Where does Hidan no Aria AA take place?

SleepySenpaiSama - Oct 10, 2015

23 by Jomi13111 »»
Jun 13, 2021 6:52 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria AA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2015

53 by DmonHiro »»
May 24, 2021 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.