Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 13, 2015 6:35 PM

Jun 2010
I've seen many threads asking for a LN section separated from the Manga BD, most recently this one, but never suggestions for a workaround to the problem without modifying the base code.

So here's what I'm proposing:
Create an additional label, similar to the (airing) and (publishing) that already exists on the lists, however this time for tagging Light Novels as well.
Something as simple as:

A similar tag system already exists on the entry page as seen on here,

in order to differentiate manga from LN entries, so I don't see why we can't have the same on the list.

Another -but with lower priority- request, would be implement something alike also for the "Favorites" section on the Profile.

Reasons for this suggestion:
Even though they share the same DB, Novels and Manga are totally different things. A franchise might have a manga that is completely different from its LN counterpart, with different settings, characters and even story.

For a quick example, I've read all of Spice & Wolf's novels but just a couple of manga chapters.
Just from that, I can tell they're following different paths on the story, and I have no idea of what the manga is on about right now. Few days ago, an user asked me what I thought about the manga, because he saw it on my list. In fact, what he saw was the LN, not the manga.
Favorites work on the same way, bet they aren't that important.
Unless someone knows the difference between the LN cover and the Manga cover, he/she would need to click the entry in order to know which is on my top 5.
See how this is confusing?
This affects a lot of series, most of which with the same names for both manga and LN. On smaller lists this shouldn't be much of a problem but for those with 500+ entries it must be quite the mess.
Oct 13, 2015 7:21 PM

Nov 2014
There is already a label in the list. Under Type.

Oct 14, 2015 11:45 AM

Jun 2010
Oh. Didn't know about that.
It's still problematic for those like myself who doesn't have that column on, though.
Same for favs.

More topics from this board

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Yesterday, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Yesterday, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

3 by Jhiday »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.