Forum Settings
Forums

Do we have any other military people on MAL?

New
Oct 13, 2015 9:37 AM

Oct 2013
It would be nice to know, and what country you serve and what you do.

Im a Combat Medic with the 2nd RaR serving the Australian Army.
sig
Oct 13, 2015 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
Local Machiavelli used to be,AFAIK.
Oct 13, 2015 9:40 AM

May 2015
Well I've done mandatory military service so I guess that counts?
Oct 13, 2015 9:40 AM

Oct 2013
Ben-Hur said:
Well I've done mandatory military service so I guess that counts?

Of course it does
sig
Oct 13, 2015 2:22 PM
Apr 2014
I don't serve in a army, i lead one.
"Chinese cartoons was a mistake"

Hayao Miyazaki
Oct 13, 2015 6:43 PM

Jan 2015
I play Call of Duty.
Oct 13, 2015 6:50 PM
Oct 13, 2015 10:29 PM

May 2015
I'm about to be released from the IDF soon. Huzzah!
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Oct 13, 2015 10:43 PM
Oct 2015
Well I'm currently in ROTC (Reserve Officer Training Corps) as a college student in the US if that counts.
Oct 13, 2015 11:36 PM

Sep 2010
They are a surprisingly large amount of people who have been involved with the military on MAL.
Oct 13, 2015 11:43 PM
Jul 2018
Going to be in the US Navy. Go to bootcamp in March.
Oct 14, 2015 1:51 AM
Jul 2018
And0marn
Oct 14, 2015 2:04 AM

Jan 2014
I was conscripted into the Singapore Armed Forces.

Rifleman in the 6th Singapore Infantry Regiment.

Conscripts usually do not share the same opinion about military life as volunteers, so don't ask me if I enjoyed my time in the army.

I usually reply with this line if people start telling me how much they love the army: At least 2 recruits killed themselves within the first 5 months of my conscription. That's just in my camp. Do you enjoy seeing people kill themselves, you ******?
Oct 14, 2015 2:05 AM

Jan 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
I'm about to be released from the IDF soon. Huzzah!

Ah you are in the IDF?

I heard all IDF soldiers have to take Krav Maga lessons. Is that true?
Oct 14, 2015 3:51 AM

Oct 2013
Teckmeister said:
I was conscripted into the Singapore Armed Forces.

Rifleman in the 6th Singapore Infantry Regiment.

Conscripts usually do not share the same opinion about military life as volunteers, so don't ask me if I enjoyed my time in the army.

I usually reply with this line if people start telling me how much they love the army: At least 2 recruits killed themselves within the first 5 months of my conscription. That's just in my camp. Do you enjoy seeing people kill themselves, you ******?

Conscription is rough, its why a number of Country's don't do it, I myself joined when I was 16, 9 months, And I had seen war torn countries by the time I was 20, I joined up as a medic to help people, But sadly shit doesn't go as planned, I enjoyed my time in the Army, but I heavily question the morals and whether I was part of a defence force or invasion force, because I didn't do much defending.
sig
Oct 14, 2015 1:41 PM

Jan 2014
MB-Ace said:

Conscription is rough, its why a number of Country's don't do it, I myself joined when I was 16, 9 months, And I had seen war torn countries by the time I was 20, I joined up as a medic to help people, But sadly shit doesn't go as planned, I enjoyed my time in the Army, but I heavily question the morals and whether I was part of a defence force or invasion force, because I didn't do much defending.

Ah medic sounds better than rifleman. At least your skills are transferable to civie life.

As for me, I questioned the reason why I was in the army in the first place. The leaders of our country kept saying "deterrence" but we didn't (and we still don't) have any clear enemies in sight. Not like South Korea with the North Korea thing. Or Israel with her neighbours.

Our country has this ruling party thing going so I always figured the conscripted was part of their psy-ops thing. Like when we were at school, they taught us that the government was always right etc. The other day, this kid was telling me about an essay he had to do.

Title: Discuss how the government makes health care affordable.

Any reasonably smart person can see the trick in that question. Right? They ONLY want you to discuss how the government is making health care affordable and with the way they phrase the question, the possibility that the government is NOT making health care affordable shouldn't even enter your mind.

Then kids are sent into the army at 18. Poor bastards don't stand a chance against the brainwashing.

Me? I was always an otaku so I was good at lateral thinking, seeing things from different angles etc. So I survived the army with my mind and soul intact. :)
Oct 14, 2015 2:00 PM

Oct 2015
Teckmeister said:
MB-Ace said:

Ah medic sounds better than rifleman. At least your skills are transferable to civie life.

As for me, I questioned the reason why I was in the army in the first place. The leaders of our country kept saying "deterrence" but we didn't (and we still don't) have any clear enemies in sight. Not like South Korea with the North Korea thing. Or Israel with her neighbours.

Our country has this ruling party thing going so I always figured the conscripted was part of their psy-ops thing. Like when we were at school, they taught us that the government was always right etc. The other day, this kid was telling me about an essay he had to do.

Any reasonably smart person can see the trick in that question. Right? They ONLY want you to discuss how the government is making health care affordable and with the way they phrase the question, the possibility that the government is NOT making health care affordable shouldn't even enter your mind.

Then kids are sent into the army at 18. Poor bastards don't stand a chance against the brainwashing.

Me? I was always an otaku so I was good at lateral thinking, seeing things from different angles etc. So I survived the army with my mind and soul intact. :)

That's rough buddy, but I'm glad you made it out with your sanity. I have family members and some neighbors that were in the U.S. military. They aren't the same people as they used to be. It's sad really.
Oct 14, 2015 2:07 PM

Jan 2014
FlatEight said:

That's rough buddy, but I'm glad you made it out with your sanity. I have family members and some neighbors that were in the U.S. military. They aren't the same people as they used to be. It's sad really.

*nods*

Yeah, I heard the US army is way more hardcore than the Singaporean one. Probably because the US army actually goes on missions to war zones. We Singaporean conscripts mainly hang around within our borders just doing our field exercises. Even when we do send units to war zones, they usually get placed way back in the rear. And usually the units are for logistic or medical purposes.

I think the bullying inside an American military unit would be more intense as well.
Oct 14, 2015 5:49 PM

Oct 2013
Teckmeister said:
FlatEight said:

*nods*

Yeah, I heard the US army is way more hardcore than the Singaporean one. Probably because the US army actually goes on missions to war zones. We Singaporean conscripts mainly hang around within our borders just doing our field exercises. Even when we do send units to war zones, they usually get placed way back in the rear. And usually the units are for logistic or medical purposes.

I think the bullying inside an American military unit would be more intense as well.

We used to hate joint ops with marines, they were jerks with a "Im the best" mentality, I bet a lot of people don't know how many Americans were the cause of friendly fire incidents.
sig
Oct 14, 2015 5:51 PM
May 2015
I fought in the skeleton war
Oct 14, 2015 5:52 PM

Oct 2013
Teckmeister said:
MB-Ace said:

I was more thinking to go back over with those civi groups who help people in warzzones, with my skills and training I think id be a good fit, and Im also fining it hard to adapt to normal life.
sig
Oct 14, 2015 5:54 PM

Oct 2013
Anna_Cats said:

Were they spooky skeletons?
sig
Oct 14, 2015 5:54 PM
May 2015
MB-Ace said:
Anna_Cats said:

*spoopy
Oct 14, 2015 6:07 PM

Oct 2013
Anna_Cats said:
MB-Ace said:

*spoopy

On a scale from 1 to skeleton meme, how spoopy were they?
sig
Oct 14, 2015 6:10 PM
May 2015
MB-Ace said:
Anna_Cats said:
*spoopy

3spoopy5me. I fought bravely.
Oct 14, 2015 6:31 PM

Oct 2013
Anna_Cats said:
MB-Ace said:

3spoopy5me. I fought bravely.

I lost a fingernail in the skeleton wars, I know how you feel.
sig

More topics from this board

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - 4 hours ago

8 by LoveLikeBlood »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk? ( 1 2 )

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

50 by luckyrune »»
56 minutes ago

» Is it ok if your partner has a best friend (bestie) of the opposite sex?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 20

19 by Reki_Retro »»
1 hour ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

306 by bevarnow »»
2 hours ago

» What's the best way to translate Yu-Yu-Hakusho's title

AlphaMaleScotty - 6 hours ago

4 by AlphaMaleScotty »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.