Forum Settings
Forums

Short guys equivalent of obese girls = undateable

New
Oct 12, 2015 10:52 PM

Oct 2012
It doesn't matter how great the guy is, if he's short, it's going to be an uphill battle for him to find a girlfriend.

All that PUA stuff does not work such as treating various girls with indifference, adopting a bad boy persona, and etc. When you're a pretty short guy, you aren't not even on the radar to most of the girls as they are not even going think about dating you. You're not even a candidate. (Unless you're a rich mofo)

It's practically the equivalent of how most of these guys would not consider an obese girl dateable even if she's totally got it together in other aspects of her life. It's the same with a short guy. He could be kind, charismatic, great career, lots of friends, exciting life but he'll lose out to the tall six foot guy who can barely hold a job, flirts with other girls even though he's in a serious relationship and all the more painful, the girls will actually fawn and get heartbroken over the tall dude but totally ignore the short guy who besides his short stature actually has all the qualities she is looking for.

I'm not blaming this on women. It's a genetic impulse due to our evolutionary history. Girls want guys who tower over them because they don't want short offspring and also, a taller guy had the advantage in hunting.

So you might think, ok if a guy is short, then all he needs to do is find a short girl. Say a girl is around 5 feet tall, you would think she'd be fine with a shorter guy but nope.jpg, why date a shorter guy when you could get an even taller one? Even if he totally towers over you to the point where it's awkward to kiss him. (plus the fact that two short parents=short kids)

So any short guy who has the hope that he can find a short girl doesn't even have that. She can easily find a much taller guy and most tall guys don't mind dating a much shorter girl.

Well, that's pretty much what I think. What do you guys think of this statement? Myth or nah?
Star_BoyOct 12, 2015 11:02 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 2015 10:55 PM

Jul 2007
I've got plenty of short friends in relationships. This just seems like one of those dumb myths to make you feel better about the fact that you're undateable for reasons entirely under your control.
Oct 12, 2015 11:00 PM
May 2015
-Deleted-Oct 12, 2015 11:11 PM
Oct 12, 2015 11:01 PM

Aug 2014
Nahh, they're not quite there. I agree that they're not as high up on the totem pole as a guy of average or taller height, sure, but undateable? That's a bit much.
Oct 12, 2015 11:03 PM

Jan 2014
6 feet. Short people have no reason to live.
ThrashMattoOct 12, 2015 11:18 PM
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Oct 12, 2015 11:04 PM

May 2012
All in your head. All it takes is complete confidence in yourself. Not douchebag cocky confidence, but confidence to let them know/see that you aren't intimidated by anyone or any situation that can occur, even if it's being turned down or looked down on. I'm 5'4 and a half.
Oct 12, 2015 11:04 PM

Oct 2012
Dubowner said:
All in your head. All it takes is complete confidence in yourself. Not douchebag cocky confidence, but confidence to let them know/see that you aren't intimidated by anyone or any situation that can occur, even if it's being turned down or looked down on. I'm 5'4 and a half.

are you asian?
Oct 12, 2015 11:06 PM

Oct 2012
Definitely a myth lol, don't forget different people are into different types and things.
Oct 12, 2015 11:07 PM

May 2012
Tsuyuu said:
Dubowner said:

are you asian?

Yup.
Oct 12, 2015 11:09 PM

Oct 2012
Dubowner said:
Tsuyuu said:

are you asian?

Yup.

imo it's not that bad when you're asian, it just means you're short... but if you were 5'4 and caucasian/black in your early twenties, then people might consider you to be really short.
Oct 12, 2015 11:11 PM

Jun 2015
I'm Asian, and I'm 5'8 which I think is a bit short, but I'm taller than a lot of girls I meet. Of course, I'd like it so that I'm several inches taller than like 2 or 3.

When I went to Asia, most of the girls there are very short, and I saw very few people who were fat. I walked through a mall in thailand, and I was taller than 70% of the people there.
Oct 12, 2015 11:12 PM

Jul 2014
Tsuyuu said:
imo it's not that bad when you're asian, it just means you're short... but if you were 5'4 and caucasian/black in your early twenties, then people might consider you to be really short.
what? 5'4 is 5'4 unless you're in a group of midgets you're the short one.
Oct 12, 2015 11:13 PM

Jul 2012
so true because girls only care about looks and money
we are truly the scum of the earth
Aug 2013
So are tall guys the equivalent of anorexic girls?

Oct 2012
Zivith said:
I'm Asian, and I'm 5'8 which I think is a bit short, but I'm taller than a lot of girls I meet. Of course, I'd like it so that I'm several inches taller than like 2 or 3.

When I went to Asia, most of the girls there are very short, and I saw very few people who were fat. I walked through a mall in thailand, and I was taller than 70% of the people there.

5'8 is quite average for an asian imo"
Oct 12, 2015 11:14 PM

Jun 2015
mayukachan said:
so true because girls only care about looks and money
we are truly the scum of the earth

on the flip side, guys only care about tits and ass
Oct 12, 2015 11:14 PM

Jan 2011
Is this the thread where self conscious people talk about how tall they are/how short people aren't real men?
Oct 12, 2015 11:15 PM

Oct 2012
ibear said:
Tsuyuu said:

yeah but remember the old fashioned stereotype that still lingers around- "idea that asians are generally short"
Oct 12, 2015 11:16 PM

May 2012
ibear said:
Tsuyuu said:

This.
Oct 12, 2015 11:16 PM

Mar 2008
If that were true short guys would not even exist because their genes would not be passed down to the next generation.
Oct 12, 2015 11:17 PM

Jan 2014
Tsuyuu said:
yeah but remember the old fashioned stereotype that still lingers around- "idea that asians are generally short"
Asians have short privilege?
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Oct 12, 2015 11:18 PM

Jul 2014
Tsuyuu said:
ibear said:

So because he's asian, he's not short, just asian..........what?!?!?!?
Oct 12, 2015 11:18 PM

Oct 2012
DisdainMatto said:
Tsuyuu said:
Asians have short privilege?

for the most part, I think so... to an extent
Oct 12, 2015 11:19 PM

Aug 2009
Yeah, I fucking hate those selfish bitches who doesn't want dwarf kids.

Jul 2012
at least these asians are making 100k per year with their doctor and lawyer jobs
Oct 2010
There is actually some truth to this post.

If you are a short European immigrant in the US, it is time to look for other short European immigrants; because the American girls are all 'Oh lookie there, you are so cute! Where is your mom and dad?', and the only way they'd let you inside their bedroom is by mistaking you for a teddy bear.
Oct 12, 2015 11:21 PM

Jan 2014
mayukachan said:
so true because girls only care about (...) money
mayukachan said:
at least these asians are making 100k per year with their doctor and lawyer jobs
*cough cough cough*
I love Christine

Oct 12, 2015 11:21 PM

Oct 2012
ibear said:
Tsuyuu said:

So because he's asian, he's not short, just asian..........what?!?!?!?

What i'm trying to get across is that people tend to dwell less on an asian who is short...

a short white guy or black guy will probably be given more criticism in society... because generally it's less common.
Oct 12, 2015 11:23 PM

Mar 2008
I bet dom girls like a short guy for reasons.
Oct 12, 2015 11:24 PM

Oct 2012
mayukachan said:

Yeah exactly!

Plus, it's more difficult to tell their height when they're sitting in a brand new BMW they're driving, right?
Oct 12, 2015 11:29 PM

Jul 2012
AmericanDream said:
Tsuyuu said:

Yeah exactly!

Plus, it's more difficult to tell their height when they're sitting in a brand new BMW they're driving, right?

Doctors and lawyers typically earn 3 times that amount. 100k is like typical engineer.
I was speaking in Canadian standards, but okay.
Oct 12, 2015 11:30 PM

Jul 2012
AmericanDream said:
mayukachan said:
I was speaking in Canadian standards, but okay.

Nah, even in Canada it's basically like that.
You don't live here so I can't take your word. The people I spoke to earn around that much...
Oct 12, 2015 11:32 PM

Aug 2013
I'm 157 cm and i have a girlfriend. So what?
Oct 12, 2015 11:33 PM

Jan 2014
Amiluhur said:
How tall is she?
I love Christine

Oct 12, 2015 11:39 PM

Jun 2015
DisdainMatto said:
Amiluhur said:
How tall is she?

I guarantee you that she is his height or shorter.
Oct 12, 2015 11:40 PM

Jan 2014
Zivith said:
DisdainMatto said:
How tall is she?
That's what I'm thinking, which doesn't disprove what's in the original post.
I love Christine

Oct 12, 2015 11:45 PM

Aug 2009
hentai_proxy said:

If you are a short European immigrant in the US, it is time to look for other short European immigrants; because the American girls are all 'Oh lookie there, you are so cute! Where is your mom and dad?', and the only way they'd let you inside their bedroom is by mistaking you for a teddy bear.

"Nordic sperm donors tend to be tall and highly educated and have altruistic motives for their donations, partly due to the relatively low monetary compensation in Nordic countries. More than 50 countries worldwide are importers of Danish sperm."

Of course there is some truth to it. Why else would all those Asian/South-American countries and Canada be buying all that Nordic sperm? They obviously want all that tallness for themselves.
Oct 12, 2015 11:52 PM

Jul 2012
Also, an anime relevant to this thread:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/2034/Lovely%E2%98%85Complex

Watch it, everyone.
Oct 12, 2015 11:59 PM

Jul 2012
hentai_proxy said:

Are you over exaggerating? Lol
Isn't it a good thing to be someones teddy bear?

Anyway to each his own I could care less what most people think about love.

Oct 13, 2015 12:01 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
wat
Oct 13, 2015 12:15 AM

Jun 2008
The only length that matters is measured in inches....and I got no problems there.
Oct 13, 2015 12:20 AM
Jul 2018
It really is no wonder why so many users here are single and depressed.
Oct 13, 2015 12:24 AM
Feb 2014
PJSalt @ OP

5'6" and have been in a relationship for 3 years. Who's crying now?
Oct 13, 2015 12:50 AM
Jun 2014
Tsuyuu, did a girl reject your or something?

And you're wrong, just look at Lars Ulrich. Personality and confidence go a long way

'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Oct 13, 2015 1:02 AM

Aug 2013
Zivith said:
DisdainMatto said:
How tall is she?

10 cm higher than mine. What? Does it sound ridiculous that i need to stand on my toe to reach her head?

Well, basically everyone in my family heights less than 160 cm. my Big Bro's even only 154.
Oct 13, 2015 1:03 AM

Jan 2014
MrMagnificent said:
And you're wrong, just look at Lars Ulrich. Money goes a long way
Fixed that for you, Lars has a terrible personality.
I love Christine

Oct 13, 2015 1:06 AM
Jul 2018
DisdainMatto said:
MrMagnificent said:
And you're wrong, just look at Lars Ulrich. Money goes a long way

So you know him personally? How convenient.
Oct 13, 2015 1:07 AM
Jul 2018
Not completely true. If you go on dating sites though you'll see more honesty

"If you're not 6ft tall don't bother"

I was trying it out for the first time way back. Now I see all the hate.

5'11. So close.
Oct 13, 2015 1:08 AM

Jan 2014
SubaTonic said:
DisdainMatto said:
So you know him personally? How convenient.
I've seen a shit ton of metallica interviews, he comes off as insanely self-centered and pretentious.
I love Christine

Oct 13, 2015 1:09 AM
Jul 2018
DisdainMatto said:
I've seen a shit ton of metallica interviews, he comes off as insanely self-centered and pretentious.

So you think you know enough about someone just from media attention? Do you also watch Fox News?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 2 hours ago

8 by FanofAction »»
9 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

671 by Hitagi__Furude »»
11 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

45 by Crystepsi »»
17 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

19 by Crystepsi »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 5 hours ago

23 by Adnash »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.