Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 11, 2015 6:51 AM

Sep 2014
Have you ever felt like giving up on something that "means a lot" to you? Be it a job, hobby, your education, another person, your life in general, etc.? And why?

(Yeah, depressing question I know, but it fits my mood. :c).

Discuss.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 11, 2015 6:53 AM

May 2014
Op needs somethin to cheer them up
I've been here way too long...
Oct 11, 2015 6:54 AM

Sep 2014
TheConquerer said:
[yt]SJUhlRoBL8M[/y t]

Good ol' Monty Python. :)
Oct 11, 2015 6:55 AM
Jun 2014
In the words of Thor

"I WILL NEVER TIRE!"
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Oct 11, 2015 6:58 AM

May 2014
SnugglyWhuggly said:
TheConquerer said:
[yt]SJUhlRoBL8M[/y t]

Good ol' Monty Python. :)

Can't forget this one either ;D
I've been here way too long...
Oct 11, 2015 7:01 AM
Jul 2018
Nothing significant but yes, I felt like giving up on some people
at certain point: colleagues (bandmates), gf and some goals
which lost its original appeal for me. And I felt alot better after.
Oct 11, 2015 7:11 AM

Oct 2010
i give up on something all the time

mostly girls online after i realize how uninterested and hateful or shallow and stupid they are

tears
lots of music -
Oct 11, 2015 7:26 AM
Jul 2018
Life likes to come in and kick my tush to the ground, that hard-S devil. Many times I've wanted to stay down.

No one reads my story but for some reason something doesn't let it end either, I end up getting up again.

Just gotta do my best until it's time.
Oct 11, 2015 7:31 AM
Sep 2013
a few years ago i wanted to give up the piano because the examinations for RCM were becoming way too stressful and i hated practicing.. pretty glad i stuck with it
Oct 11, 2015 7:36 AM

Sep 2014
I give up on things that is not really important easily like a stage on The Last Of Us that I used to get stuck on always.

If it's important, I usually have the drive or motivation to not let me lose faith and give up ?
semi-active
Oh it's that delinquent, Ayukawa Madoka ♡

Oct 11, 2015 7:38 AM
Jul 2018
i gave up on life a long time ago
but that's not something significant
Oct 11, 2015 7:50 AM

Jul 2014
I gave up on becoming the best at all civs in nr 20, now I just want to be the best in nr 20.
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
Oct 11, 2015 7:55 AM

Nov 2014
Yes. Never again.
Oct 11, 2015 7:57 AM
Jul 2015
I thought a lot about giving up on life (I have no purpose) but I was always a pussy when it came to the last moment. Who know if hell is real or not...what if it is and I'm f**ked lol
Oct 11, 2015 8:09 AM

Oct 2010
didnt know giving up on life in this thread is an option

i won that years ago
lots of music -
Oct 11, 2015 8:12 AM

Aug 2013
I'm thinking of giving up on playing Elsword (and MMOs in general) even though i've loved this game so much since i started playing it 2 years ago. My new job upon graduating college at electrical service company is very taxing and leave very little time to play. Meanwhile, most of my close friends who used to be my teammates have either moved on or quit completely. Also, despite still being enjoyable, i've felt for quite some time that this game has become stagnant and dull, oftentimes i found myself grinding just for the sake of it.
Oct 11, 2015 8:25 AM

Sep 2015
i give up on giving up
Oct 11, 2015 8:31 AM

Sep 2014
incisorr said:

mostly girls online after i realize how uninterested and hateful or shallow and stupid they are

tears

Fret not Pikachu, I'm sure you'll find an internet girlfriend eventually.

EnergyConserver said:
i give up on giving up

I like you.
Oct 11, 2015 8:36 AM

Oct 2010
SnugglyWhuggly said:
incisorr said:

tears

I'm sure you'll find an internet girlfriend eventually.

I like you.

thanks

lol

I've had more than enough opportunities, just never actually cared about that until recently. Maybe i still won't care about it when i actually start something new to play.. and then regret it and kiukiu on mal
lots of music -
Oct 11, 2015 8:49 AM

Feb 2015
What is this,some fucked up suicide thread ? Goddammit man,get some fucking help
Oct 11, 2015 8:52 AM
Mar 2013
nah, I'm usually quite motivated.
Oct 11, 2015 8:56 AM
Feb 2011
Andomarn said:
i gave up on life a long time ago
but that's not something significant
Oct 11, 2015 8:58 AM

Mar 2014
I give up on MAL everyday.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Oct 11, 2015 9:04 AM
May 2015
RedTie47 said:
No one reads my story but for some reason something doesn't let it end either
What is your story anyway? A lot of your posts seem kind of sad or depressing. Care to share?
Oct 11, 2015 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
Yes. I wanted to give up on college during the first year because it was too stressful and I was going through a depression. I was question my self worth and existence. But just like John Cena and Naruto I never gave up and tried to overcome the odds ;D
Oct 11, 2015 9:32 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Yeah I do it all the time. The problem with myself is that it's really easy to discourage me.
Oct 11, 2015 10:07 AM

Jul 2015
Yeah of course
Oct 11, 2015 10:25 AM

Jun 2014
Oct 11, 2015 10:46 AM

Jun 2015
inb4 "LE EBIN SHIA MEMEEEE SO FUNN Y XPPDDPDPDPDPDPDPDPDPDPDPP!!P!!P!!!!11111!!1!!1oneone!!111111!"

OT: every single day. I think about giving up on life the most though.
Oct 11, 2015 10:47 AM

Jun 2015
A lot of times, yeah.
Oct 11, 2015 2:35 PM

Sep 2014
incisorr said:
thanks
lol

No problem. ;)

-YunoGasai said:
RedTie47 said:
No one reads my story but for some reason something doesn't let it end either
What is your story anyway? A lot of your posts seem kind of sad or depressing. Care to share?

I'm interested as well.

geniobastardo said:
I give up on MAL everyday.

I often tell myself the same thing, but I still continue to participate in the forums.
Oct 11, 2015 2:50 PM

May 2015
I sometimes feel like there's no point to writing so many reviews and short stories. No one reads that stuff anyway.

Then I think of life without it and it looks even worse.

My writing may never be anything but doing it feels better than not doing it, so even though I feel like giving up I won't do it.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Oct 11, 2015 3:01 PM

Apr 2014
I gave up on life once but it's harder then people think it is. Especially if you get caught in the act by a friend or family member. But it did make me realise something important which I'm going to pass on. If you ever feel like no one cares about what your going though there's always someone that you've run into or had some kind of interaction with that will remember you or wonder what happened to you. Its a very selfish thing to put anyone through that regardless of how bad you feel. Also remember while yes there's alot of fake people there's always some really good people out there whether it be irl or on the internet that will always have your back when you need them. If you can't live for your own wants and needs then live for all the people who are inspired by you or enjoy being around you. Cause I'm sure you have atleast one good friend or person you talk too.

On a lighter note I also gave up console gaming cause i'm broke and its too expensive buying the console and a game every month. And the other thing I gave up on is processed food and junk food (very difficult thing to give up)
Oct 11, 2015 3:02 PM

Oct 2012
incisorr said:
girls online after i realize how uninterested and hateful or shallow and stupid they are

others are usually only a mirror of yourself

Oct 11, 2015 3:04 PM

May 2009
My job, it was far too heavy when I began. More mentally then physically, but eventually I got over it. From some things... you just can't back out. Who knows, you may even enjoy what you hated doing in the long run, which happened in my case.
Oct 11, 2015 3:06 PM

Jul 2015
Yeah, I learned from Hinduism that abstaining from some things one may desire is good.
Oct 11, 2015 3:08 PM
Jul 2018
incisorr said:

tears

Your Pikachu avatar is just...perfect.
Oct 11, 2015 3:29 PM

Mar 2008
All the time :/
Oct 11, 2015 4:05 PM

Sep 2012
I'm nearly breaking the world record of giving up.
Oct 11, 2015 4:10 PM

Nov 2012
hitokiri1859 said:
I gave up on life once but it's harder then people think it is. Especially if you get caught in the act by a friend or family member. But it did make me realise something important which I'm going to pass on. If you ever feel like no one cares about what your going though there's always someone that you've run into or had some kind of interaction with that will remember you or wonder what happened to you. Its a very selfish thing to put anyone through that regardless of how bad you feel. Also remember while yes there's alot of fake people there's always some really good people out there whether it be irl or on the internet that will always have your back when you need them. If you can't live for your own wants and needs then live for all the people who are inspired by you or enjoy being around you. Cause I'm sure you have atleast one good friend or person you talk too.

On a lighter note I also gave up console gaming cause i'm broke and its too expensive buying the console and a game every month. And the other thing I gave up on is processed food and junk food (very difficult thing to give up)

wow that's actually a really good quote haha. I guess my parents are those reliable people that care a lot about me. A lot of people don't even realize how much their parents care about them. I actually visited my mom's office for the first time in my life a year ago, and her desk had almost nothing but pictures of me and her all over it, even though I'm in my mid 20s now haha I ask her jokingly why in the world you have so many pictures of me everywehre, and she said "because you're the most important thing in the world to me"...

I had a good friend in high school tried to commit suicide during our senior year, to this day IDK why besides the fact he had some ideological conflict around his parents. He was like the smart golden child of my HS class and no one would have ever suspected anything was wrong with him. That just an example you have no idea what can be going on in someone's life or how close they might be to suicide ..

I still remember the day he came back to school, no one wanted to talk to him or was too scared to talk to him, and I was the first person to talk to him again. Funnily enough he made some good friends and even got a girlfriend only a month or so afterwards too, he seemed to be really happy after a week or so from returning to school . IDK what happened to him after HS, kinda dropped of the face of the earth. But at least to me it seemed like he had at least a few friends at the time that were close to him and cared about him including me.
midnightbladeOct 11, 2015 4:18 PM
Oct 11, 2015 4:11 PM
Jul 2018
I give up to find the meaning of true love.
Oct 11, 2015 4:24 PM

Apr 2014
midnightblade said:
hitokiri1859 said:

wow that's actually a really good quote haha.

I had a good friend in high school tried to commit suicide during our senior year, to this day IDK why besides the fact he had some ideological conflict around his parents. He was like the smart golden child of my HS class and no one would have ever suspected anything was wrong with him. That just an example you have no idea what can be going on in someone's life or how close they might be to suicide ..

I still remember the day he came back to school, no one wanted to talk to him or was too scared to talk to him, and I was the first person to talk to him again. Funnily enough he made some good friends and even got a girlfriend only a month or so afterwards too, he seemed to be really happy after a week or so from returning to school . IDK what happened to him after HS, kinda dropped of the face of the earth. But at least to me it seemed like he had at least a few friends at the time that were close to him and cared about him including me.

Yeah when your in that mindset you really don't tell anyone how you feel because your numb to everything going around if you feel like there's no one you can turn too or just feel like your existance is a burden on other people then that pushes you away from people completely. You basicly lost all reasoning to stick around and if nothing happen's to prevent you from going through with it then that's it.

I know that now adays there's people who fit a classification called "emo" which sometimes involves cutting yourself thoughts of suicide ect. No offense to anyone but for someone who's been through legit depression and suicide if your telling people i'm emo i cut myself today. To me that's someone just looking for attention and while theres nothing wrong with wanting attention from people someone who's really thinking of suicide they don't tell people that.

But regardless it's not the right answer to problems in life. Your better off pushing your way through the rough times. Think of all the anime's you'll miss out on or the trip to japan you won't get to do. Or the cute cosplay girls you won't get to meet. Life does suck at times but you got some damn good rewards every once in awhile. Even some of the online friends I've made I wouldn't trade on MAL and other places.
Oct 11, 2015 4:26 PM
May 2015
I've given up on lots of things.
Oct 11, 2015 4:29 PM

May 2009
And giving up on things aren't neccesarily negative.
Oct 11, 2015 4:33 PM

Sep 2014
Shoryuuken said:
And giving up on things aren't neccesarily negative.

True, giving up on the MAL forums, for instance. :p
Oct 11, 2015 5:58 PM
May 2015
I give up on living ^u^
Oct 11, 2015 6:59 PM

Feb 2012
I'm expert at giving up. Maybe if I cared about things, I would stand up for stuff, but I don't so that's that.
Oct 11, 2015 7:13 PM

May 2015
hitokiri1859 said:

Killing yourself is selfish, but so are the people who want to keep you alive.

Now, I'm glad you found life worthwhile, but not everyone does. Suicidal people actually do talk about it. I talk about it often because I'm seriously considering the option.

Not everyone is better off pushing through life and sometimes the things you can experience are inaccessible to you. If you find yourself in a state where too many things are out of your reach, life is static and you don't fit in then killing yourself is a legitimate option.

Suicide is more rational than people think. Not all life are worth living and it's up to the individual to decide.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Oct 11, 2015 7:14 PM

Aug 2009
If you've given up on something that means you probably weren't really invested in it that much in the first place.

I've given up on a lot things, but that doesn't mean I have to give up on everything.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Oct 12, 2015 12:13 AM

Apr 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
hitokiri1859 said:

Killing yourself is selfish, but so are the people who want to keep you alive.

Now, I'm glad you found life worthwhile, but not everyone does. Suicidal people actually do talk about it. I talk about it often because I'm seriously considering the option.

Not everyone is better off pushing through life and sometimes the things you can experience are inaccessible to you. If you find yourself in a state where too many things are out of your reach, life is static and you don't fit in then killing yourself is a legitimate option.

Suicide is more rational than people think. Not all life are worth living and it's up to the individual to decide.

Trying to justify suicide is just another excuse your giving people because you already gave up on humanity. So your at a point that yeah its your decision and no one can stop you if thats really what you want. But you still effect people around you. If you throw a rock into a pond what happens? The rock hits the water and ripples spread across the water. You are a rock in life and if you kill yourself what happens? It ripples though the rest of the pond and effects all the people who you interacted with. You can choose what ever you want end game but don't try to rationalize something that will effect people in a negative way. I've lost some really amazing people to suicide who never said a word it was selfish of them and they will never know how many people got hurt from their decisions. Maybe you can't understand because you think "no one understands what you feel" Or maybe you don't want to understand. But I would keep all of this in mind when you make what ever decision. You are the cause an effect if your in a situation thats bad move get out of it do what ever it takes find friends who can help if you do all that and you situation doesn't change and you want to give up. But if you roll over and give up without putting any effort then don't try to "rationalise it" when other people are fighting hard to make life better.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What is your favorite Masaaki Yuasa anime?

Sorachin - 15 minutes ago

0 by Sorachin »»
15 minutes ago

» do you like the fandom of your fave musical artists ??

ame - Yesterday

10 by LoveLikeBlood »»
22 minutes ago

» Global enviroment ( comments )

SyrupPastryNice - Yesterday

16 by Kamikaze_404 »»
50 minutes ago

» what is your favorite ice cream flavor? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 5

66 by Sigma- »»
2 hours ago

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

21 by Dracowyn »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.