Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 2015 12:55 AM

Feb 2013
Aww they didnt show the scene where his classmates try to gang up on him and he totally destroys them..
Such a shame
Oct 12, 2015 2:17 AM

Dec 2011
Whoo. That kiss. Oh my goodness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2015 3:31 AM
Jun 2011
rodac said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA OR LIGHT NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Ok, let's just review what we saw here. We saw the newspaper girl press Ikki's arm against her bosom, but with nothing else indicating sexual interest at all. We saw the imouto force a kiss on Ikki when he wasn't expecting it, and a clear indication that he isn't interested in his sister that way at all. Neither of these makes this harem or incest, so there is really no reason for all the hysteria and faux threats to stop watching (I'm on to your game, you'll be coming back to dump on this show for the next ten episodes...). We did see a lot of skinship between Ikki and Stella, as well as clear indications that both of them are developing interests in the other that are romantic and sexual in nature. I like true harem shows and I have no problem with incest...but those just aren't here nor should they be if the adaptation is going to be true to the source material.

As for that unfortunate off-screen slap (the one we didn't see but reasonably assume happened), I'm willing to consider it a panic reaction out of Stella's embarrassment with Ikki noticing just what had happened to her top. And regarding the wardrobe malfunction, sure it's a bit of fan service--but that's what sells BD's and supports anime being made. If it keeps up every episode, this might have to have the ecchi label attached, but skinship and people getting naked is actually a major point of what romance is all eventually about.

Also note that the reason people who are familiar with LN/Manga are arguing with you about the nature of the show, and the reason why they are sometimes posting spoilers that they shouldn't is that there is a good base to the story, and they're trying to get you to get past your first reaction and stick around for the development, the tournament, and the underlying plot.
i agree while the slap was not neccecary it was not that bad and didnt make stella looks like bitch
Oct 12, 2015 3:32 AM
Dec 2013
not bad so far. i like that ikki isn't a total wuss and doesn't get a nose bleed or get scared of the girls right away. and its nice that the girls are more aggressive.
Oct 12, 2015 5:46 AM
Aug 2015
I didn't like this episode, and I'm afraid I'm dropping this series because of it. This series has basically become a harem with awkward moments where girls are just laying on top of him, and I just don't like it. Which is too bad since it could have, and mostly seems to have, good characters that are rounding out, and a good story design. I like the whole background story of worst one and best one and how one is born with either talent or no talent, the idea that those with no talent are working to prove that they are just as good as those with talent
Oct 12, 2015 5:46 AM

Feb 2012
This is my shit.

Best girl showing her dere -side quite a bit and in a bath?? SOLD!
A kiss already? Fuck yeah!

This show has a lot if things right.
Oct 12, 2015 6:24 AM

May 2015
ow fuck that, this anime became generic ecchi harem slowly like the other one
Oct 12, 2015 6:28 AM
Aug 2012
Sigh Silver Link don't make unnecessary changes or cut out some good/interesting events for some dumb AO addition..........not to mention some good comedy and dialogues getting cut. I don't know if they are trolling but this was quite bad compared to episode 1. I am worried about AMA now.........

Oct 12, 2015 6:57 AM

May 2009
Gifs

Oct 12, 2015 10:38 AM

Jul 2015
This show is lmfao. Why am I watching it? questions of fucking life. Not much sword-fighting this episode :/, sometimes I just want to whip out the Master Sword and teach them how to swing a blade
Oct 12, 2015 11:04 AM

Jul 2014
Sucks that so many ecchi artists and animators don't know what a human breast is supposed to look and move like, but at least this series is funny.
Oct 12, 2015 11:07 AM

Apr 2014
Red_Tuesday said:
Sucks that so many ecchi artists and animators don't know what a human breast is supposed to look and move like, but at least this series is funny.
>human

please take this 3Dshit outta here this is an anime site for gods sakes there are otakus around!
Oct 12, 2015 12:02 PM

Dec 2009
Damn Stella's character went from average to amazing female MC in the span of an episode.

Ikki has had it hard too, looks like we know why he works hard now. For the Kurogane family to push the school to fail him, they must really have it out for him.
Oct 12, 2015 12:07 PM

Dec 2012
The yandere appears ;). Stella is surely the best girl of the season. I liked her behaviour in the episode, she is cute and funny. Ikki and Stella make a good couple.
Oct 12, 2015 12:11 PM

Jun 2015
rodac said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA OR LIGHT NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Ok, let's just review what we saw here. We saw the newspaper girl press Ikki's arm against her bosom, but with nothing else indicating sexual interest at all. We saw the imouto force a kiss on Ikki when he wasn't expecting it, and a clear indication that he isn't interested in his sister that way at all. Neither of these makes this harem or incest, so there is really no reason for all the hysteria and faux threats to stop watching (I'm on to your game, you'll be coming back to dump on this show for the next ten episodes...). We did see a lot of skinship between Ikki and Stella, as well as clear indications that both of them are developing interests in the other that are romantic and sexual in nature. I like true harem shows and I have no problem with incest...but those just aren't here nor should they be if the adaptation is going to be true to the source material.

As for that unfortunate off-screen slap (the one we didn't see but reasonably assume happened), I'm willing to consider it a panic reaction out of Stella's embarrassment with Ikki noticing just what had happened to her top. And regarding the wardrobe malfunction, sure it's a bit of fan service--but that's what sells BD's and supports anime being made. If it keeps up every episode, this might have to have the ecchi label attached, but skinship and people getting naked is actually a major point of what romance is all eventually about.

Also note that the reason people who are familiar with LN/Manga are arguing with you about the nature of the show, and the reason why they are sometimes posting spoilers that they shouldn't is that there is a good base to the story, and they're trying to get you to get past your first reaction and stick around for the development, the tournament, and the underlying plot.

Thank You!
Read Toriko!
Oct 12, 2015 12:11 PM

Jun 2015
moodie said:
Red_Tuesday said:
>human

please take this 3Dshit outta here this is an anime site for gods sakes there are otakus around!

#NoLife
Read Toriko!
Oct 12, 2015 12:36 PM

Dec 2009
that bath scene~ Total waste of screen time, but it had just the right amount of exposure to make it nice instead of fking annoying like in DxD
Oct 12, 2015 12:54 PM

Aug 2015
rodac said:

Someone gets it. They'll be back to dump on this despite dropping it.
Oct 12, 2015 12:56 PM

Oct 2014
NP-3228 said:
that bath scene~ Total waste of screen time, but it had just the right amount of exposure to make it nice instead of fking annoying like in DxD

No, not a waste of screentime:

-Audience and Stella now know that Ikki likes boobs (i.e. is not the "flate is justice" type)

So it had a purpose both in-universe as well as on the meta level.
Oct 12, 2015 2:49 PM

Nov 2007
NP-3228 said:
that bath scene~ Total waste of screen time, but it had just the right amount of exposure to make it nice

No. It wasn't. The exposure was way too much. Not to mention that dangling and then the fall off. The following off the screen sound of a slap and a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO was right on the plate for those of us who feed on to comment how effing cliche that was. Dare I point out they could really do without the saliva with that imouto kiss scene? I read in some other forums that those are NOT part of the source material AND both the boy and the girl are actually not as stereotypical characters as the animated version has presented to us thus far. I decided to give the manga a try up to the point they have adapted and I have to say the animated version of episode two has been abysmal.

I think it's pathetic to add overused sexual concepts time and again to improve BD-DVD sales number. To my self-rebuttal I could say I won't be purchasing the material anyways so why do I care. Yet I won't shy away to state that such things end up ruining a show for me that I had built up hopes for. Personally I enjoyed the first episode but this episode was a real disappointment. One can expect better from the script writer of Shokugeki, Hentai Ouji, Shinryakusha etc. and the director of ef, baka to test and WataMote etc. because they have shown that they can do it in the past.

Some of you guys who have read the LN/Manga beforehand can give your all to prove your point obviously because you are fan of the original source material but you have little to defend when a cliche is pointed out as cliche. Learn to deal with negative comment even if the comment itself is cliche. If you can't, it's your problem. Unless I say I have dropped it, I will show up time and again in the forum even if it ruins your enjoyment when it shouldn't.

For those who plan to drop the anime and if you are into manga know that

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 12, 2015 3:28 PM
Mar 2014
Well, after the Chaos Dragon adaptation and this, Silver Link just became my no. 3 most hated studio. They'll probably get worse if I can bring myself to watch more of their adaptations but yeah.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Oct 12, 2015 4:07 PM

Dec 2011
Nice adaptation, i enjoyed this episode greatly. dat bath-scene and kiss.
Oct 12, 2015 5:36 PM
Nov 2012
Wow I was not expecting wincest. I think this anime just bumped up it's priority for me. Seriously that kiss came out of the blue, I was laughing so much. Second episode was much more interesting, i hope it keeps up.
Oct 12, 2015 5:56 PM
Oct 2014
OK. Out of all the bullcrap magic high school anime this season, Failed Knight has become my #1 guilty pleasure. Will be sticking till the end. For some cumming.
Oct 12, 2015 6:12 PM

Feb 2015
what am I watching lol?
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Oct 12, 2015 8:16 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Jonesy974 said:
Tokoya said:
Its called good marketing

Besides its really not a big deal at all lol....In fact I think its great for them to do it considering how much of a success it is in Souma

Wouldn't really call it good marketing since:
1. People probably would've enjoyed seeing Stella all hot and bothered like a girl out of To Love Ru than for her to be Barbie doll in a flash of rainbow light.
2. Silver Link didn't do Soma, so it looks stupid on their part.

Ophis said:

He's androgynous.

You tellin me dat nigga don't got no dick?!

Don't surprise me though. Kind of looks like the Bokor from Apocalypse no Toride.
1. >Implying that she didn't look hot regardless considering how even in the LN and Manga she's pretty much oversuexualized lol

2. Subjective considering that the point of said scene was to simply further imply just how thirsty she is because she really is THAT thirsty lol
Oct 12, 2015 8:59 PM

Feb 2014
You know the sister reminds me of another sister.... Damn I can't put my finger on it. She was also a icy Yandere, who had an obsession with her older brother to the point of incest as well... She was a bitch towards everyone that try to hit on her brother. Man, it is at the tip of my tongue... Oh and her brother was extremely powerful and good at his job but he scored bad on the test and she is a prodigy in school. Damn whats her name.....

♪All his life has been, a roller coaster ride of dream
No time for looking back, forgetting who or what
His song is all that he leaves behind,
On silent nights I hear him still, whistling a tune I know so well
Gun in hand, rose in another, He's Lupin the 3rd♪

Oct 12, 2015 9:57 PM

Aug 2015
How is there no Ecchi tag on this? Like Hello?
Oct 12, 2015 11:05 PM
Apr 2013
This is Silver Link we're talking about. This isn't the first time they went and added anime original scenes(Prillya Herz anyone?) I say, let's just sit back and enjoy the show.

Btw, comments for some of the edited scenes:

For the 'Eraser' scene, I can understand why Silver Link removed it. It shows him using

Or they'll just move it to another episode, after what I said in the spoiler tags already happened.

For the bath scene, the slap, was well, ya know, this is Silver Link. The last show they made that was a hit(Prisma Illya) had fun playing with tropes. They kinda got used to it, for better or for worse. I do hope Silver Link will make Stella contemplate about her slapping Ikki in the face, which is very much she would do if she knows she's the one that was in the wrong, knowing her personality. Meh, dunno what Silver Link's really thinking. They aren't the type who'd throw in a random anime-original and not use it for something....most of the time.......
Oct 12, 2015 11:53 PM

Mar 2013
First episode was good, this one was crap. Sorry, had to say that.
The backstory was that only thing good in this episode which lasted like 5 minutes, the rest I skipped... Get to the plot soon, please. I hope less fan service, more story...
Oct 13, 2015 12:54 AM

Oct 2011
OMG dat bath scene
Oct 13, 2015 1:11 AM

Sep 2012
That bath scene was suuuuuuper awkward. I'm not one for ecchi series and I was told this would not be so bad. But oh my... :|
Oct 13, 2015 5:01 AM
Mar 2014
Doflamingo45 said:
That bath scene was suuuuuuper awkward. I'm not one for ecchi series and I was told this would not be so bad. But oh my... :|
'

sasuga silver link
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Oct 13, 2015 5:35 AM

Jul 2014
moodie said:
Red_Tuesday said:
>human

Art imitates life. And if it doesn't or can't, it should be an improvement - which it's not in this case.
Oct 13, 2015 6:13 AM

Aug 2014
*facepalm* Seriously now...?
The awkwardness and cringe-inducing level for the bath scene is over 9000! She's obviously offering herself to Ikki!
Shizuku looks fine. That hot kiss scene tho--wait, she's a yandere?! INSTANT NO!
Oct 13, 2015 9:13 AM

May 2009
that kiss is the most disturbing thing I've ever seen.
Seriously people? Brother X Sister? That's just disgusting.
I myself have a brother and just the thought of it makes me want to puke.
This is just SO wrong.

And that bath scene... gosh I was looking for something not ecchi and harem. As for the genres: please add harem and ecchi, thank you.

Might give this another try since the background story does interest me.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 13, 2015 12:49 PM

Aug 2015
Zyukichan said:

And that bath scene... gosh I was looking for something not ecchi and harem. As for the genres: please add harem and ecchi, thank you.
There's a legitimate reason why it does not have a harem tag you know.
Oct 13, 2015 1:03 PM

Apr 2009
When imouto enforced a kiss on oniichan while booby newspaper girl and tsundere main lead watched, I knew this wouldn't be like your standard average harem at all. I am so glad I still watch this as I am sure tons of other very unique scenes will follow. Like that one where the MC has a tragic past and is not acknowledged by his family or his peers even though he is clearly proficient in many fields and totally not created to be a selfinsert for people with persecution and martyr complexes. or that scene in the bath - I was so awestruck by this immense display of non-ecchi just like all the people promised!

Of course, the adaption probably also left out a lot of the good parts of the prestigious LN - just like they did in Blade Dance, Sky Wizard Academy, Dragonar, Mahou Sensou, Infinite Stratos, Mahouka, Sword Art online and basically every other LN. But I am glad this show still is so incredibly amazing.

SamVision said:
Just for the anime-only viewers: There was a scene in the LN and manga where Ikki was shown to be a lot more popular, with fangirls swarming him. Then a bunch of jealous guys try to attack him, only for Ikki to pwn them with his bare hands and an ERASER. That whole scene was removed completely. THAT is the extend to which this LN is being butchered.

Really, such a shame. After all the characterization we went through to show that this is not your average selfinsertion MC!

I really want to thank the people in this subforum who said this isn't generic. I see the light now. Truly, you convinced me.
NidhoeggrOct 13, 2015 1:22 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 13, 2015 1:08 PM
Sep 2015
that kiss is one of the most shocking moment in anime i have seen this year
Oct 13, 2015 1:31 PM
Feb 2015
Nidhoeggr said:
I was so awestruck by this immense display of non-ecchi just like all the people promised!

People were promising non-ecchi? Where? Only non-harem was promised, and so far Stella + imouto makes triangle, not harem. Oh, if newspaper girl try to seriously seduce MC then it could be harem, but
, but how can you know it without knowing a source material?

You want to bash it for being school magic battle ecchi title? Fine, do it freely, because it is one, but it isn't a harem. Well, there is no other non-harem romance this season aside Rakudai.
Oct 13, 2015 2:00 PM

Jun 2014
Zyukichan said:
that kiss is the most disturbing thing I've ever seen.
Seriously people? Brother X Sister? That's just disgusting.
I myself have a brother and just the thought of it makes me want to puke.
This is just SO wrong.

Might give this another try since the background story does interest me.

You must be new to anime if that disgusted you.

Anyway, its animated and fiction. I don't see the issue.

Pretty okay episode, Stella at the end was hot.
Oct 13, 2015 3:51 PM

Oct 2014
^It would be good to give a bit more of a spoiler warning when posting something as extremely spoilery as that! Because that's really not a small spoiler, you know. It's no problem for me since I am LN/manga reader myself, but you should really give more of a warning than that.
Oct 13, 2015 4:38 PM

Jul 2013
Grey-Zone said:
^It would be good to give a bit more of a spoiler warning when posting something as extremely spoilery as that! Because that's really not a small spoiler, you know. It's no problem for me since I am LN/manga reader myself, but you should really give more of a warning than that.

The mere fact that I used spoiler tags should be more than enough of a warning.

[Edit]: Decided to delete the post.
Oct 13, 2015 7:08 PM
Apr 2011
It's ruined. Officially ruined. The background scene should have been done in the previous episode, because that was supposed to be what made Stella 100% interested in Ikki. The fact that he was just like her in that he works extremely hard, but goes further into pure admiration because she had talent while he didn't. Then they took out the fight scene, which was supposed to prove to his peers that his title Weakest One isn't justified. I hate it when companies take liberties with source materials and fuck it up. It's like Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 again, with the bad pacing and the cut material.

Worst of all, that ED, god damn it. Rakudai Kishi is not supposed to be pure fanservice goddamit, the main character is a fucking cool guy. But this makes him look.... forget it, I'm out.
Oct 13, 2015 9:01 PM

Oct 2014
trannon1 said:
It's ruined. Officially ruined. The background scene should have been done in the previous episode, because that was supposed to be what made Stella 100% interested in Ikki. The fact that he was just like her in that he works extremely hard, but goes further into pure admiration because she had talent while he didn't. Then they took out the fight scene, which was supposed to prove to his peers that his title Weakest One isn't justified. I hate it when companies take liberties with source materials and fuck it up. It's like Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 again, with the bad pacing and the cut material.

Worst of all, that ED, god damn it. Rakudai Kishi is not supposed to be pure fanservice goddamit, the main character is a fucking cool guy. But this makes him look.... forget it, I'm out.

I thought so too at first. But then after thinking back what was shown in the first 2 episodes and seeing a few preview pics... I am now convinced that, from an economical PoV, Silver Link did very well (keep in mind that they don't give a shit what people think about the series outside Japan). I can now see what they got in mind... I just hope I am not wrong about this.

There is still a slight chance that we get the "fight" in the beginning of next EP, because I doubt that they will only show the 4 going out together and finishing with the appearence of the hunter guy... but I could be wrong, as it's hard to predict how the pace will be. If they really don't show it in the end, they have to somehow explain about Ikki's "perfect vision" ability, because the little unexplained glimpse of it in EP1 really doesn't count as an explanation and if it was only explained during a battle where it's being used, people would probably complain about "lol,asspull" as always.
Oct 13, 2015 9:50 PM

Dec 2014
That kiss, oh my goodness.

Stella forgot to clean the most important spot in that bath scene.
Oct 13, 2015 10:29 PM

Mar 2015
i hate my memory, but as far as i remember, anime give exactly same amount impact as manga or as light novel. i dunno what people bitching. stella become generic? i agree, but doesnt mean she is not generic in ln/manga either. she enter bathroom itself already generic FFS. deleting ereser scane? he is even badass enough to beat a vermilion princess with high level. it's doesn't necessery. just give "WOAH" and don't even needed. also fangirl scane is necessary too. i mean it contradict with the next story (that archer prince). i glad silverlink deleted it.

i dunno what people expect from this series. i already said many times it's just SAO or monogatari v2. harem in disguise. not clearly harem, but i can't said pure romance either.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 13, 2015 10:55 PM
Dec 2011
It's interesting that the increase in BD pre-order/stalker points after Ep 2 is higher than the increase after Ep 1. I guess Ep 2 wasn't that bad at least in Japan.
Oct 13, 2015 11:28 PM

Oct 2014
AP24 said:
It's interesting that the increase in BD pre-order/stalker points after Ep 2 is higher than the increase after Ep 1. I guess Ep 2 wasn't that bad at least in Japan.

And that's what really matters on an economical level in the end. They don't give a single sh*t what "we" here at MAL are saying.
Oct 14, 2015 8:27 AM
Jul 2018
Liked ep2 more than ep1 for some reason. Is it just me or Shizuku kinda looks like a guy? :|
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

481 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

339 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

209 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

223 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

190 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.