Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 8, 2015 4:56 PM
Oct 2015
Just like the title says, what is it about Monster Girls that gets y'all weak in the knees?

(EDIT: The views below are entirely randomly thought out to help frame the question and by no means am I saying they're the status quo for interests in Monster Girls. I want you to tell me what your reason is)

When I look at it from a simplistic point of view, it's because of the animal/insect/reptile/etc. body part and what other options that body part offers. But that led me to believe that in the end such a method of thinking would only mean Monster Girl lovers are simply into bestiality but able to deny it simply because some of the species relates to a human in mind and body. This reality sent a shiver down my spine. But then I remembered the argument gays have been using and realized beastiality is no big deal, lol.

Then I got to thinking about the psychological aspect. These Monster Girls are inherently different in both mind and body. Their nature and the way they're raised offers an alternate possible lifestyle and conversely an alternate outlook on life. It could also involve our own psychological condition in which we have grown to feel separated, different, from the people around us and seek relations with someone who is as different as we feel ergo, monster girls.

I went deeper but then my brain started to hurt so I stopped thinking. So y'all, why do you love Monster Girls?
MetallumOperaturJan 5, 2017 6:44 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 8, 2015 5:38 PM

Nov 2013
I don't have nor need a reason, I just do. Favorites on the other hand come down to reasons.
Oct 8, 2015 9:13 PM
Oct 2015
I don't understand what you mean.
Reason is the very being of human existence. The mind manipulates knowledge, and knowledge can only be obtained through reason. Without it, there can't be knowledge, and conversely there can't be survival. Admittedly, our survival doesn't depend on our interest in monster girls, but our life isn't so simplistic that we can do or think things without reason. Without reason we become autonomous machines, following the will of another.
Everything in life is conducted through reason, it's our very method of judgement. (Ex. Normies choose human women because they're fertile, they can provide comfort and a specific companionship that can't found with a simple pet dog or cat and sex is much more enjoyable than with a simple toy)

I can understand if you don't want to share your reason. I'd also be willing to accept that you don't know your reason. It's like being an anime fan back around 10 years ago, few people at that time openly admitted to enjoying it because of the negative social stigma that was attached to it. Even today that stigma is there but significantly lessened thanks to the bleeding heart movement in our first world countries. Hell, to this day I don't tell most people I watch anime until they mention it, let alone mention my curious interest in monster girls.

I was just hoping that since this was a forum in which most people have false identities I could do a little research and see what reasons popped up, maybe even see a common denominator.
Oct 9, 2015 3:06 AM

Aug 2012
1 - "Bestiality is cross-species sexual activity between human and non-human animals. "

2 - "A humanoid is something that has an appearance resembling a human being."

3 - "Modern humans (Homo sapiens) are the only extant members of the hominin clade, a branch of the great apes. They are characterized by erect posture and bipedal locomotion, manual dexterity and increased tool use, and a general trend toward larger more complex brains and societies."

Notice the things I highlighted in each of these statments from wikipedia.

1 - Yes Monster Girls could fall into the beasiality genre. But it should be noted that we don't have any rules or biological research on another living human-like species, nor can we really say if Monster Girls would belong to the animal kingdom like we humans do, so it can't be bestiality if that is the case. We simply lack the knownledge and research about speciels like the human one to really say what monster girls would be defined as, Xenos? The Animal kingdom? Or a new kingdom (Monster Girl)?

2 - This is pretty much what make us remove the whole animal aspect of monster girls I think. They are human like in apperence not fully animal, they have the right biological parts/forms and looks that is attracting between us humans.

3 - Well I don't think I have to say much about this one, Monster Girls are based upon humans and thus have human like behavor and intellect, not like an more primal being, like a cat or dog.

This is why I don't think Monster Girls can be called Beastiality, they are equal to humans in terms of intellect and have the right biological forms to be attractive for us human. I'm attracted to a being that can think for itself and have morals, not a primitive being that mostly follow instinct or what their genes programmed them to do.
(Pls note that the MGE isn't a good fact book (shallow descriptions) and that like all humans/animals there is individuality within each race)

Anyway there is no right answer to this question sadly as we don't have any knowledge about another intelligent or humanoid life form atm, so calling it bestiality is not wrong but denying it isn't wrong either. So in this case each person have to follow his or her own morals to make a decision, until humanity find another intelligent life form.

Now for why I like Monster Girls, well I have the logic I posted above to back me up, but also the fact that it feels exotic. Normal human girls are awesome in their way and Monster Girls are awesome in their way. And what attract me to MGs I think is the fact that they bring a twist to what could be considered "normal human life". Note that Normal ≠ Boring, I'm just talking about something that could be perceived as different from would be considered a normal human everday life.
RabbiacOct 9, 2015 3:15 AM
Oct 9, 2015 5:23 AM

Sep 2013
There are at least a few reasons why I'm personally drawn to monster girls.

To begin, I'm definitely not drawn to the bestiality aspect. I think I'm more intrigued by the foreign impossibility of MGs, however. For example, I don't see a lamia as a half-woman half-snake, but as its own being. Even if I'm describing her lower half as "snake-like", I'm not ever going to find myself looking at any snake and think, "Oooh, I'd like to hit that once to see what its like."

The fact that something that SHOULD be grotesque adds a different arousing psychological aspect, especially when you assume the context within which most MGs tend to appear. There are pictures that contradict the general assumption (like seeing a massive arachne cooking dinner) but those aren't really the norm.

On another level, and especially in the MGE and games like MGQ, monster girls approach a common fantasy of full-on gender role reversal in a very blatant way. I'm sure most men have wondered what it would be like if they were the one being approached for sex in the way that women currently are. Whether biological or cultural...it's definitely not the standard. With monster girls, that idea is turned upside-down.

Following along those lines, in most portrayals of monster girls, they're quite a bit more formidable than humans so the male isn't really given a choice in the matter. That works in the context of our culture because it's so different from the reality.

But I definitely enjoy that aspect as well. I can like witches and undead just as much as more exotic species like arachne or lamia just based around the complete change in the power dynamic. If monster girls truly did exist (and had since antiquity) our culture might view their actions just as we do rape in real society...but we get to experience the concept as the fish out of water in most cases. "Oh, woe is me! I've been taken against my will! A thousand drats!"

It's also hot (for me) to imagine a woman that can not only potentially beat my ass, but magically turn my entire universe inside-out. =)
Oct 9, 2015 5:57 AM

Nov 2013
I second both Emerald and Rabbiac here, IF I had to give some vague reason, it'd be that Monster Girls are exotic. However I believe that is no more a valid answer than one I gave myself. I like them because I do, I don't have any special reason for it. It is not because I don't know why, it is not because I don't want to say why. I very simply have no reason to it. And in your reply to me, while I do not think you are inherently wrong, I do not think you are correct either.

Oct 9, 2015 9:17 AM

Jan 2013
Opening post seems to be rather a pseudo-logical construct not unlike the "how computer games cause increased crime rate" which are often tendentious, biased, demagogic and often twisting the actual research or making it up straight away. A sentence "Ex. Normies choose human women because they're fertile, they can provide comfort and a specific companionship..." sounds like something like this, along with majority of the opening posts.
What you are exactly trying to blame us for?

Otherwise there often isn't any acceptable explanation for your tasted and preferences, for example there would be fairly pointless discussion if you asked "why do you like colour yellow" or "why to like pizza" ... which is usually hard to answer, but also end up relatively quickly without pulling the obscure research about relationship between yellow colour and events in your childhood.
beast_regardsOct 9, 2015 9:30 AM
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Oct 9, 2015 10:37 AM
Oct 2015
I must say, I'm pretty happy with the results of my topic post so far.
Rabbiac: I like your angle and I wholeheartedly agree with your reasoning. The exotic aspect is the same reason for me. Kind of like the interest in women of other cultures (I personally would love to have fun with a nice Russian woman). It's true, MGs, because they are nonexistent, can't technically be categorized as non-human animals. And I never thought of considering how we look at modern humans. By that outlook, it'd be pretty easy to completely remove the possibility of beastiality.

Emeraldtryst: I don't really have much to say since you answered the question, but I'm responding to everyone who's replied and would feel bad leaving you out, lol.
I'm with you 100%. The exotic nature they bring and the gender role reversal. Though I like to wear the pants in a relationship and be the one to dominate. There's something about a woman who is not only willing to take control but even capable of doing so. Unfortunately, body building women are not very attractive to me so that's a bit of a barrier, lol.

Clarus_Nox: Sorry for sounding like I don't think your reasoning is acceptable. I thought your answer was good. When someone says they have no reason, my initial thought is there is a reason for that so I just wanted to find out if that were the case.
"Normie was picked up during my time on 4chan. It just seemed like an appropriate term since the majority which could be termed 'normal' would at the least frown at our interest.
On answering your question, though I can't guarantee the objectivity of the reason, my colour is chosen because I believed it looked good on me, which was strengthened by positive statements others made about it. It matches because of my eyes and hair. My beard is red so it brings Ireland to mind when I wear green. This might be my attempt at justification, but I think my reasoning is sound. I try to look at things through a logically focused lens, of course, that means I miss quite a bit which is why I like discussions and debates. They help me see more.

I agree with your comment about experience and learning but I also disagree. But to get into a discussion about it here would send us further off the road of my initial question which I fully understand is of my own doing and take responsibility for.

Beast_regards:
I guess I can see why you'd think I was creating a pseudo-logical construct, but look again at my statement. I posed a question and only gave possible answers to help explain my question . If the views I chose were positive, I don't think you would have suggested the possibility of pseudology but I won't say that for certain without your agreement. In the end, I could have used multiple other views but chose those two because they were the first to pop into my head.
I'm also interested in why you think I'm blaming anyone. If I were to blame you, I'd be pointing a finger at myself. We're all in the same club. My Normie example was my way of trying to explain my reasoning through an example. This example is proven fact. A standard male seeks out a female for what she provides as a fellow human of the opposite sex. It's written in the very DNA of human beings. If my use of the term Normie was problematic, my response to Clarus should cover that.
I find your second paragraph can be proven wrong by other posts in my thread. They all provided acceptable explanations because it is their own explanation which so far are mostly focused on described reasons (MGs are exotic, they bring something new to the table, the current way they are portrayed meets the desires of some of us).
Also, I like pizza because the texture of the food mixed with the different flavours are appealing to my palette. Why are they appealing to my palette? I'd have to get a degree/major/doctorate in human biology before I can answer that, but the answer is there. (Here's a link to a lame '# Reasons why' page explaining it a bit): http://www.thekitchn.com/5-reasons-why-we-love-some-foo-145555)

I hope I got everything here. Here's to hoping for more and different opinions.
Oct 9, 2015 11:54 AM

Jun 2009
hm.... tht's an interesting question.

And I think every person on this planet is different in this regard, liking things by his/her/its own taste.

I don't categorize and don't want it to be categorized as bestiality, as it simply is not thus. explanations for this have already been given and i completely agree.

I can't really grasp it and explain it, but for me it's depending on the girl itself and of course the combination of her exotic appearance.
Actually it would be interesting to see, if I would like, for example Miia from Monster Musume if she would have another subspecies, different from lamia and appearance.

But often its a combination of a lot of different things we personally grew to like.

For example, am really into blonde and white haired girls. but this doesnt mean i dont fancy girls with other hair colors. the Anime/Manga and fan-art girls are very different in color and variety. Additionally it probably is a mix of things we like in non human beings,cuteness, softness, whatever it is the "animalistic sub-part gives to the girl" and the girl and her personality itself. for example when we are really into dere-dere, kuu-dere or whatever personality the girl has, the probability of us liking that girl is probably going to increase a lot. when there are features of her appearance which appeals to our tastes, bingo, you got your new waifu :)

and now i stop because i dunno if someone is still reading, or if i actually make sense (to anyone :D)
Oct 10, 2015 1:47 PM

Mar 2015
As a straight girl, I am not attracted to the sexual part of the fantasy and instead see the Monster Girls like virtually any fantasy creature worked in more traditional literature, yet given a very unique twist that western authors of fantasy rarely incorporate into their works.

I think that Monster Girls symbolize the escapism - a desire to be free from the limits of our grey mundane lives and power of the human imagination to achieve so through diving into the fictional words of fantasy.
Oct 14, 2015 6:12 AM
Apr 2014
oh my god right in the feels.

the deep nature of this topics discussion i have wondered the same and struggled alot with the thought on this same question.

What it this fixation with inhuman people and does it make me weird or some type of sick pervert and i have come to terms with it and embrace being strange normal is way overstocked in the character economy and we could all do with a little less of it in our lives.

I do get the bestiality point I was thinking one day about it and wondered if it just means im into beastiality but after 5 minutes of pondering that i decided no definitely not its something else then that.
I think there is something genuine in knowing other people and the few different types of people and world views your whole life and seeing that people who have different everything and see the world completely differently can come into existence and you can turn a mundane life into a new adventure everyday just like okaydo's darling.

the sad reality is human being's are boring and shitty and if we had new types of people with the qualities that some of our best companions IE animals where in existence it would present a alternative line of companionship that offers a entire new life experience and interaction.

thats just my take we are all batshit crazy and hate people and have a need to find a option C when it comes to companionship.
Nov 28, 2015 1:10 PM

Apr 2014
Monster Girls have something special; they're not like other humans. I think that attracts me.
1) It's bestiality.
Let me define bestiality:

Bestiality (noun)
Sexual activity between a human and another species.

Biologically speaking, a species is when two individuals are able to reproduce sexually and have a fertile offspring. Seeing as most media suggest monster girls to be capable of such reproduction with humans, monster girls are of the homo sapiens species, but perhaps not of the homo sapiens sapiens subspecies. Because of this, sexual activity between a human and a monster girl is not bestiality.

2) Their psyche is different.
Good finally a type of humans who AREN'T F***ING I****S.
Well, growing up around weird people, I've grown accustomed to "weird behaviour", with as side effect that I dislike "normal behaviour". Normal girls all be drinking, partying, smoking, fucking, using drugs, etc. From the age of 14. *Grossed out* Therefore, having a type of humans like myself (strange) to admire is a good thing. I think being strange, weird or odd is a good thing, (up to a certain extent, beyond which it becomes a hate-able property).

Fun fact: Acute alcohol-poisoning, esp. coma-drinking, among children of 13~14 year has gone up drastically since the (Dutch) government made it more difficult for children under 18 to acquire alcoholic drinks in 2014. GG government.
EratoNysiadNov 28, 2015 1:15 PM
Happiness can be found anywhere.
The greatest happiness is to be found in curiosity.
Looking for something brings greater happiness than having found it.
That's why I'm happy to be a student.
And I hope I can be a student for quite some years from now.

And if you too want to get this happiness.
And you're not in school.
Go learn a new language.
Nothing fuels curiosity more than learning a language.
Japanese is like nuclear fusion for that matter. ; )
Aug 19, 2016 9:02 AM

Feb 2014
Long thought what too write ,why i like it.
Maybe because Its looks beautiful half human half other :animal..,it reality exists in mythology ,folkloric and legends,have mysterious charm. And why not?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» [MSG] mugen's Story ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mugen91 - Aug 1, 2017

337 by YummyLunches »»
Mar 31, 2:26 PM

» [MSG] Another one by mugen

mugen91 - Jan 25, 2020

23 by YummyLunches »»
Mar 31, 1:39 PM

» [MSG] mugen's Story - Into the Dark

mugen91 - Jun 22, 2023

30 by mugen91 »»
Mar 31, 1:18 AM

» [MGS] adrift in the snow (venomwolf's story) ( 1 2 3 )

venomwolf - Nov 27, 2019

116 by venomwolf »»
Mar 30, 3:04 PM

» [MSG] MetallumOperatur's Story: A Brave New World ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MetallumOperatur - Mar 22, 2017

214 by YummyLunches »»
Mar 30, 1:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.