Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Oct 9, 2015 2:56 PM

Aug 2015
It was ok. Don't know if to expect something out of this, but it seems the only anime worth to watch this season.
Oct 9, 2015 3:15 PM

May 2012
i guess it was interesting in its own right... the art was beautiful like most light novel adaptations, but unfortunately it wasnt that great overall, info dumps about the characters, and magical detective work ftw... and we werent even introduced to most of the characters named.... lol well i guess that may come in time, lets see where this goes i guess
Oct 9, 2015 3:18 PM

Jun 2015
Cliche pairing. But since this is one of the probable "dark-horse" AOTS, this is worth a shot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2015 3:27 PM

Mar 2015
Beautiful looking show. Shoutarou comes off as annoying to me and Sakurako seems really care free.
Oct 9, 2015 3:38 PM
Sep 2009
Love mysteries but her weird bone fetish is quiet off putting...
Oct 9, 2015 3:39 PM

Nov 2012
Very interesting. I hope this one and the Perfect Insider one turn out to be good ones and not like Ranpo Kitan :D
Oct 9, 2015 4:23 PM

Apr 2014
Ehhhhhh, the kid really irks me for some reason. I'll see how the next few episodes go.
Oct 9, 2015 5:26 PM

Jul 2009
That was really interesting! The animation is really pretty :D Sakurako is quite the interesting character ... kind of reminds me of Yuuko a bit :P Not a fan of Shoutarou quite yet, but maybe he'll grow on me. Seems like she's got the whole "Sherlock Holmes" thing going on with the deductions from small details. So how did these two meet, exactly? :O Plus it seems like there won't be any romantic hints going on, which is refreshing! The "bones" interest is pretty cool, and new to me as well, so hopefully this will turn out to be a good mystery show. Looking forward to seeing the rest! :O ED was good and fit well, but I didn't love it. Ah well, the BGM in other parts were good enough to make up for it :P
Oct 9, 2015 5:26 PM

May 2013
Woaaaah that was good especially the second half. I don't mind Mystery genre plus Shizuka Itou voiced Sakurako-san so i hope they can deliver well.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 9, 2015 7:42 PM

Jun 2012
In my top 3 for this season. That was very enjoyable.
Oct 9, 2015 11:46 PM
Jul 2018
This might have promise.
Oct 10, 2015 12:24 AM

Jun 2008
Hmm.....I am a little on the fence. Although the main heroine has the charming looks and quirky personality she also is kind of anime cliche. She is still charming but we have seen a lot of the interesting quirky girl and the straight man uninteresting guy compo that takes some of the charm away.

It would have been better if he at least wasn't some kid again. If he was a grown man without the "my job is to get pushed around and make obvious remarks so the viewer could feel i am his eyes" attitude then the whole combination would have been more refreshing and made Sakurako an even more attractive character and less of just an anime banner of "look how awesome this chick is because it's all that can push the show since the guy is just there for seeing her threw him".

A lot of that weight to push the show by herself with her little quirks and stunts and pretty looks would have been lifted from her character if the guy was different like i said and she would be more free and less overbearing to the viewer. It wouldn't feel like the producers are trying to shove her into our face and that would have given her a more hidden attraction.

Aerensianic said:
Not sure why the kid is getting so much hate. He is the straightman to contrast with and reign in the female lead (as well as being the voice of sanity).

And that is exactly why he gets so much hate(along with being a schoolboy). We are sick of authors throwing this straightman archetype that tries to be the eyes of the viewer.
His presence also diminishes the female lead(who is the real character being promoted and basically the true main character) that ends up with no one to interact with but this silly archetype.
The straighman guy role only works best in gag comedies, not at things like this.

Surya---__--- said:
Reizo_Da_Firenze said:

Says the guy that hates and complains on everything he watches, and which spectations are so high that nothing can please him.

I like a lot of things, sorta. Not sure if I can say the same for you.
What are you even talking about. This is the only show in which I even took the effort to say something about. No one cares( except you?), but I just wanted to express my disappointment for some reason. Either way, this episode is genuinely terrible. Some random chick who gets turned on by bones is apparently capable of making bullshit theories and expositions out of flashy imaginations than trained professionals. The supporting male is pretty obnoxious. The mystery was quite vapid and the bone gimmick really is not something people should be noting. I have no clue anyone thinks the mc is a seasonal best girl material besides lolxd she so autistic and cute, would bone/10.
I thought this show was going to be funny in a stupid way (like my bone joke), but it is stupid in a boring way.

Those aren't high expectations, man.
Now you can criticize me for making an asinine and bloated reply, but you won't read this anyway.

Emm...it's fine not liking things|(although it seems you expected something specific and you didn't get that so you are kind of negative because of it) but to be fair she's not some random chick that likes bones like you claimed. She is a trained professional and certainly more of an expert that any police detective would ever be in analyzing dead bodies and skeletons etc.
The show said she is an osteologist so she is a professional expert in bones and not just some chick that thinks they look nice and nothing else.
MonadOct 10, 2015 12:33 AM
Oct 10, 2015 12:37 AM

Feb 2015
What a great Episode !
Looking forward to next one c:
Oct 10, 2015 12:48 AM

Jul 2007
Monad said:

His presence also diminishes the female lead(who is the real character being promoted and basically the true main character) that ends up with no one to interact with but this silly archetype.

Except that the show clearly is going for them as EQUALS and he clearly is the protagonist(the story is about how he sees her and how she affects his life), so that argument does notwork.

The female lead HAS to be diminished or her character will overshadow his. So by having a dynamic portrayal where they shut each other out from scene to scene, a balance is found and we do not degrade into "Bitchy Tsundere/Pathetic Wimpy Male" stereotype.
Oct 10, 2015 12:55 AM

Dec 2012
The visual are gorgeous ! It was beautiful.
Good start, an detective anime is interesting. I like the two protagonists they are funny.
When I saw the first episode of "Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace", I hoped it will be serious but not. So I'm really happy to have another detective anime :).
Oct 10, 2015 3:35 AM

Jun 2008
CookingPriest said:
Monad said:

Except that the show clearly is going for them as EQUALS and he clearly is the protagonist(the story is about how he sees her and how she affects his life), so that argument does notwork.

The female lead HAS to be diminished or her character will overshadow his. So by having a dynamic portrayal where they shut each other out from scene to scene, a balance is found and we do not degrade into "Bitchy Tsundere/Pathetic Wimpy Male" stereotype.

Completely wrong. Have you not read what i wrote above that quote? First when i said diminish i meant her attraction as a character is diminished not her presence. Basically her attraction is diminished because exactly the opposite of what you said happens.
She does overshadow him. She overshadows him sooooo much and easily that it takes points away from her instead of giving her points.

Is like a team beating another with 20-0 in football. You hardly get exited watching goals anymore or feel much great about their win seeing such easy match.
Her presence and character is actually over-shown and shoved down our throats because of him. Even more than her being alone.
Instead of seeing his silly dream of her under the Sakura tree etc it would have been ten times better if we saw her just in her office building a little animal skeleton and then deciding to go out and search for bones in the beach instead of all the silly admiration scenes and monologues of that guy.

All the built up threw him done to her was already bad for her character because it makes her look all the more cliche.
And how the hell are they equals? They ain't. His just there for the viewers sake and to throw the more logical question or keep her a little in check etc. His hardly a character that is there because is someone the author wants to explore deeply.
The only exploration he will get is just authors guilt. Basically the author thinking "i'll have to give him a few moments as to not seem completely non relevant"
His there for the sake of the female lead and the viewer, not his own as a character.
The proof is that the whole episode could be done fine without him but couldn't be done without her.
MonadOct 11, 2015 1:41 AM
Oct 10, 2015 5:26 AM

Oct 2014
He is bold enough to be spraying desinfectant or something into her face. I don't see how that can be considered keeping her "a little" in check. Note how despite him being enticed by her with the promise of eating crabs at first, he was able to put aside that craving for food. "usually" a "character type" like him would not take a step back like that and would stay a naive slave until the end just because of that one "promise". But he instead even saw through her plan to take the skull away right after she made an impressing deduction. Again, that is NOT what his "archtype" would usually act like. If he REALLY was just the archtype, this series would have been on my droplist already.

I still see potential with the two main characters here. And I am honestly astonished that I for once agree with CookingPriest about something, but stranger things have happened.
Oct 10, 2015 6:14 AM

Sep 2013
The art is pretty good especially the backgrounds. Im not sure yet if I like the premise its seems like this is another "solving murder cases on the way" anime. Like in this episode they will probably continue solving cases with the help of bone expert Sakurako and also add an overarching plot. The huge turn-off for me now are the main characters. I dont really like Sakurako, at least for now, and the main protagonist is pretty much another AVERAGE high school boy with no special characteristics except for his kindness. Pretty much 80% of all high school male main protagonist. This is only the first ep; its still too early to judge the whole anime so Im gonna stick to this for now.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 10, 2015 7:34 AM

Apr 2011
Amazing first episode I don't even know where to to start. The animation was on point and the music was just amazing.
5/5
Oct 10, 2015 9:08 AM

Dec 2013
Excellent start. Loved the animation, and the premises is already interesting enough. Lady with a bone fetish and her not-so-trusted, forever hungry assistant. Still, can't give top marks because nothing really happened here.

Looking forward to more sleuthing and more Crime-Scene detective work (ala Sherlock).
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 10, 2015 3:44 PM

Dec 2010
Ah, nice. My kind of mystery. I like it when it's more focused on the actual mystery rather than the characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2015 4:16 PM

Jan 2015
Good start, I really like it so far. Animation is very beautiful and Sakurako is amazing character, her personality is interesting. I will definitely watch it.
Oct 10, 2015 4:43 PM

May 2012
The animation & backgrounds art looked gorgeous 💘.
The story seems interesting. Liked Sakurako's character, she's awesome xD.
Oct 10, 2015 5:56 PM

Jan 2009
Although the male MC kinda pisses me off, but the show's worth the praise because of Sakurako.
This and Haikyuu are the best of the season so far XD
Oct 10, 2015 8:38 PM

Jun 2015
Didn't like the male MC or the chemistry between the two MC's but the anime as a whole looked beautiful. The plot is interesting too.
Oct 10, 2015 8:48 PM

Jun 2013
Overly dramatic visuals, I don't like it when light bursts from her body while she's deducting. It's just over the top. I prefer a more subtle approach but I'll still watch it because I love mystery/detective series.

The guy Shoutarou was annoying as fuck. He's a bitchy little kid who wants to be seen as a man. I scoffed and rolled my eyes when he said that Sakurako and he aren't lovers or anything special. No fucking duh, dipshit. You're an underdeveloped teenager. What the fuck were you hoping would happen between you two?

I find their childish banter over who keeps the skull to be quite annoying too. It's so typical in Anime/manga that you just get fucking sick of it when you see it recycled over and over again.
臭い-
Oct 10, 2015 8:58 PM

Jun 2013
Monad said:
CookingPriest said:

Completely wrong. Have you not read what i wrote above that quote? First when i said diminish i meant her attraction as a character is diminished not her presence. Basically her attraction is diminished because exactly the opposite of what you said happens.
She does overshadow him. He overshadows him sooooo much and easily that it takes points away from her instead of giving her points.

Is like a team beating another with 20-0 in football. You hardly get exited watching goals anymore or feel much great about their win seeing such easy match.
Her presence and character is actually over-shown and shoved down our throats because of him. Even more than her being alone.
Instead of seeing his silly dream of her under the Sakura tree etc it would have been ten times better if we saw her just in her office building a little animal skeleton and then deciding to go out and search for bones in the beach instead of all the silly admiration scenes and monologues of that guy.

All the built up threw him done to her was already bad for her character because it makes her look all the more cliche.
And how the hell are they equals? They ain't. His just there for the viewers sake and to throw the more logical question or keep her a little in check etc. His hardly a character that is there because is someone the author wants to explore deeply.
The only exploration he will get is just authors guilt. Basically the author thinking "i'll have to give him a few moments as to not seem completely non relevant"
His there for the sake of the female lead and the viewer, not his own as a character.
The proof is that the whole episode could be done fine without him but couldn't be done without her.

QFT
臭い-
Oct 10, 2015 11:53 PM

Mar 2014
God damn the animation is pretty. If only they put as much time into the rest of anime.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 11, 2015 4:46 AM

May 2015
Damn good OST when they introduce Sakurano.
Good1ep

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Oct 11, 2015 7:29 AM

Jun 2014
This season was looking lackluster. Glad I gave this a chance.

I expected Sakurako to be a lot more morose and standoffish from the character design, but it turns out she's a bit kooky and cute.

Definitely a keeper.
Oct 11, 2015 7:39 AM

Mar 2015
I like Sakurako, she kinda reminded me of Nao from Charlotte actually.

I don't understand MC and Sakurako's relationship at all. I thought that the first episode would be about how he met her but there was no insight to that moment. In fact, when I tried to understand it, I was thinking that Shoutarou was a high school student who was trying to understand Sakurako and ended up her assistant. I don't know, it feels kinda shallow, even if it's just friendship, I want something deeper.
Oct 11, 2015 9:37 AM

Oct 2008
This is one extraordinary anime! I'm calling it!...This is CSI of anime! or somewhat...hehe
TROYCA's visuals are something else!
5/5.

Oct 11, 2015 9:40 AM

Aug 2012
Troyca is so based :x
Oct 11, 2015 10:56 AM
Jan 2013
It had a nice concept with the bones and stuff. I liked the main female character's design but her weird personality is.. extremely urealistic.

The mystery was ok. It was an easy one. I was disappointed at how they made the Police seem stupid.

I'll keep watching though.
Oct 11, 2015 1:02 PM
Mar 2012
Kuremisago said:
Anime ver. of Bones.
I like.
With a bit of Sherlock mixed in.

Sounds very promising.
I hope I won't be disappointed.

She reimnds me a bit of a friend of mine who used to like skulls, too. She'd bury them to get the worms to eat the flesh and then cook out the brain. Or the other way round.
ElenirLachlagosOct 11, 2015 1:05 PM
Oct 11, 2015 2:52 PM

May 2014
Very nice and funny impression we got from the first ep. Haha, Sakurako-san can really act like a child sometimes, but apparently she can be very smart person too. At least smarter than the pOlice. xD
Oct 11, 2015 3:30 PM

May 2010
I hate dislike the main guy. He's such a pain to watch. Like why do care so much about stuff like her keeping some bones or skulls or whatsoever. And he's such a kid. He calls her selfish, but its not like he's the purest tulip in the world. Nonsense.

Sakurako on the other hand, is very, very interesting. I already love her character.

Please let there be no romance and this show is safe. The mystery was well-done.

8/10
Oct 11, 2015 7:09 PM

Aug 2015
Is this the Japanese version of Bones?

pretty good first episode, I like the premise.

I'm enjoying the characters we've seen so far, lots of personality especially the banter between the two MC's, very amusing. (Sakurako's expressions were damn cute)

Also the BGM was nice, that jazzy part where Sakurako is examining the bodies in particular.

So yeah, Japanese version of Bones :)
Oct 12, 2015 8:18 AM

Nov 2008
God damn, the music when she analysed the corpses was amazing. The horde of CGI skeletons looked great, too. I hope they'll reuse those assets. I wouldn't even mind if Sakurako put on her gloves like this regularly, like a stock transformation scene or something. So cool.
Still, in general I don't really find Sakurako as awesome as the writer wants me to, which is a pretty vital issue.
I do find it refreshing that the mystery wasn't at all a whodunit, but just a... erm... didsomeonedunit. Odd angle, so that's nice. But if it's gonna continue to focus on kinda specialized knowledge that's only revealed after the cat's out of the bag, that's not really gonna work as a detective story. Fuck do I know about bowline knots.
Anyway, I'm not quite sold on this, but that one scene got me curious.
Oct 12, 2015 10:05 AM

Sep 2013
I dislike the boy. Love the girl.

Is anyone else normal here? Would any of you actually bury the cat? I would of just throw him into the garbage pin...
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Oct 12, 2015 12:15 PM

Apr 2014
tbh the MC is really hindering this shows true potential
Oct 12, 2015 1:08 PM

Aug 2014
Excellent episode. I love this series already. Gonna be my "go to" this season.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Oct 12, 2015 1:35 PM

Jun 2014
This is beautiful, both the animation and music. By far the most aesthetically pleasing anime this season.

Sakurako is very likable, and I even enjoy the MC even though his role is just the 'straight man'.

This season is shaping up to be great.
Oct 12, 2015 3:09 PM

Nov 2012
Animation was beautiful. Music was gorgeous. And it's setup was quite good as well. Can't wait until next week to watch more! Super hyped ^.^

Oct 12, 2015 5:12 PM

Aug 2013
Excellent start! Fantastic visuals and I enjoyed her detective analysis and the direction. And it's funny to boot! Hope it stays great.
Oct 12, 2015 6:48 PM
Oct 2015
Amazing show, but the brat and the high school thing blew me, this should've done more professionally. I expect no romance since the chick is engaged and the mc is betta as fuck. I still think the mc is in the way of the plot, he's the passive pacifist.
Oct 12, 2015 10:09 PM

Jun 2013
Beautiful animation and very interesting and engaging plot
Hands down best first episode of the season :)
Oct 13, 2015 12:15 AM

May 2010
So basically this is Case Closed with moe.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 13, 2015 4:05 AM

Aug 2012
That's gonna be a very interesting show. This is the first time I see a serie focusing on bones, and Sakurako's an endearing main character. Too bad the guy can't hold a candle to her awesomeness-wise haha.
Oct 13, 2015 4:32 AM

Jul 2011
pretty good.

also good to see finally a female MC with proper pants, last time i saw someone dressed like that was back in ar tonelico 2 second level of ruka's emotion plane....

@jose07
get out of here shinichi.

also for anyone talking about "magical detective skills" or such, she just made deduction to instigate the cop in doing an autopsy, most of that stuff could have been pointed out by anyone,, and she didnn't conclude anything, all' that she concluded was that MAYBE it could have been an homicide, and as such required further reading into it, but for all we know it still could have been a very lucky case of double suicide that ended up pretty clean.
kataklismOct 13, 2015 4:38 AM
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

211 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.